Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The George And The Dragon is now open.

Mark One

23 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

If you're wearing a very short skirt and a thoing, I'd advise against sitting on a bag of lime. :o

*cough*

The last time I checked her out :) she was looking most comfortable & sat on some of that old carpet.  I`ll fetch her a pillow and some grub later. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mark One said:

I just hope she doesnt disturb long term resident - Horace Humperdink.  Hes been down there for donkeys years.

aka...Dark Dereks Dad.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Mark One said:

I just hope she doesnt disturb long term resident - Horace Humperdink.  Hes been down there for donkeys years.

He needs the phone numbers of a good dentist and a good barber!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

If you're wearing a very short skirt and a thoing, I'd advise against sitting on a bag of lime. :o

Sorry i am late in replying, i was in the cellar and the door closed behind me, i called for Mark but he could not have heard me, anyway luck would have it, i lent against the wall and this other door opened, it led me to  ... i think it was a rest room, come,  big freezer  because there was about 8 people sleeping in there..( it was very  strange because it smelt awful. Anyway, that led to the kitchen area...shhhh...but i helped myself to one of Marks special burgers, yum yum. 

Anyway, thanks for the advise.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Sorry i am late in replying, i was in the cellar and the door closed behind me, i called for Mark but he could not have heard me, anyway luck would have it, i lent against the wall and this other door opened, it led me to  ... i think it was a rest room, come,  big freezer  because there was about 8 people sleeping in there..( it was very  strange because it smelt awful. Anyway, that led to the kitchen area...shhhh...but i helped myself to one of Marks special burgers, yum yum. 

Anyway, thanks for the advise.

*rubbing his hands as he creeps down the stairway*

Right then lets sort out curious Georgina.  No!  What?  Shes gone!  *glum*

*spots something on the floor*

Wow! 20p!!!.  Happy days!

Important Note:  The stiffs encountered down below where and are not in any way the cadavers of the previous owners of this grand pub, honest.

• Like 2

reward-poster-7075677.jpg

Hi everyone, i lost 20p a while ago. I am offering a reward of £2.45 to any one who finds it. 

Thankyou 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

reward-poster-7075677.jpg

Hi everyone, i lost 20p a while ago. I am offering a reward of £2.45 to any one who finds it. 

Thankyou 

It not be in here onnit.  Only thing fownd int here is dog-ends and discarded nuts.  Ask around the forum via one them status updates thingys.  Some bod may come across it.  Og, Boffo Boris has just shouted - make the reward a fiver and he`ll find a 20p for you.

Stumbles in from the Sugar Duck a very low brow scummy “gentlemans club” and mumbles that 20p should have gotten him a better show than that.

So can I get a black and tan as well as a poke in the eye? I can’t unsee what I just saw.

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Stumbles in from the Sugar Duck a very low brow scummy “gentlemans club” and mumbles that 20p should have gotten him a better show than that.

So can I get a black and tan as well as a poke in the eye? I can’t unsee what I just saw.

Well you do look a tad run down pal.  Theres two rooms for overnight stays in me attic and erm, some bods seem drawn to my cellar too.  Why not sign in me register, its only 10 bob a night and that includes bacon and dripping breakfasts.

Come here and look in last years edition of the courier.  On page 539 theres my advert picture that offers bed un breakfast and strong ales onnim.

86-5-im-Image_Placeholder-4767.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mark One said:

Well you do look a tad run down pal.  Theres two rooms for overnight stays in me attic and erm, some bods seem drawn to my cellar too.  Why not sign in me register, its only 10 bob a night and that includes bacon and dripping breakfasts.

Come here and look in last years edition of the courier.  On page 539 theres my advert picture that offers bed un breakfast and strong ales onnim.

Ah yes, that sounds quite reasonable.

baby+tripe.jpg

Good news all you lucky bods.  The G&D is doing a promotion thingy onnit to celebrate Easter and the invention of chocolate eggs in 25AD(ish)

To enter do the following.

Buy a drink.

Buy a meal.

Give one reason why you love the Dragon.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Mark One said:

Who is that little minx in white ... I'm in love

• Like 3

Buys drink, buys meal, buys winning reaso.... oh wait give reason why I love this place.

I love that Margret Thatcher once passed wind here.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Buys drink, buys meal, buys winning reaso.... oh wait give reason why I love this place.

All said so boringly just like a regular Rock Steady Eddie - Steady as a Jelly punter who cant be bothered.  Entry refused, try again pal. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Who is that little minx in white ... I'm in love

Oh, thats the ghost of little Millie.  She often brings bad luck to anyone who likes her.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark One said:

Oh, thats the ghost of little Millie.  She often brings bad luck to anyone who likes her.

I've never heard such a load of tripe!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mark One said:

All said so boringly just like a regular Rock Steady Eddie - Steady as a Jelly punter who cant be bothered.  Entry refused, try again pal. 

Comes back with an envelope stuffed with royal portrait paper and numbers on each slip of paper.

”I love this place because... it houses the ghosts with the most. That and I can’t wait to watch what’s to come from Sir Acute the Hedgehog of Avalon and his ghostly love afair.”

• Like 2

4 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Comes back with an envelope stuffed with royal portrait paper and numbers on each slip of paper.

”I love this place because... it houses the ghosts with the most. That and I can’t wait to watch what’s to come from Sir Acute the Hedgehog of Avalon and his ghostly love afair.”

*counting the readies*

Hmmm, you sure do seem to know more about Acute than I do...

*mood improves greatly*

But hey who cares.  That be one entry processed my son.  And with a rough counting of all the entries so far equating to summit like - one,  your desires for a heavy helping of tripe are getting ever closer.

If you win, dont forget to bring in the nipper so he or she can be weighed.     

• Like 3

The outdoor drinkers garden is taking shape.  A big thanks to the few that supplied chairs and tables.

31211a40b3416cf2150347a557ba753c.jpg

A special mention goes to Sticky Mike, who took this pictograph.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mark One said:

The outdoor drinkers garden is taking shape.  A big thanks to the few that supplied chairs and tables.

31211a40b3416cf2150347a557ba753c.jpg

A special mention goes to Sticky Mike, who took this pictograph.

What's the old bloke watering or is it a ploy to pull one of the ladies

• Like 3

21 hours ago, acute said:

I've never heard such a load of tripe!

Oih yung-un!  I`m in charge here and your a tempory/permanent punter.  Remember tis.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matt221 said:

What's the old bloke watering or is it a ploy to pull one of the ladies

The little girl (dead center) with her back to the camera is infact a doll as supplied by sticky mick to make up the numbers.

If you look closely through that criss-cross paneling can you see what looks like two dogs with white fur?  Both are also toy props - to add a nature feel to the pictograph.  Gud old sticky knows his onions.

EDIT.

Sticky Mick has just corrected me by stating that dog prop 1 on the left is in fact a badger.  Cheers Sticky.

Edited by Mark One
  • Like 2

What goes best with tea one might ask. Honey badgers, so Sticky Mick gets to make an order on me.

• Like 1

Good auld sticky mick he can always be relied on whatever the situation get him a pint of his favorite pernod on me