Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The George And The Dragon is now open.


Mark One

Recommended Posts

Ok you lucky bods, Ive placed the entries in the hat and now its time to see who has won....Well actually there is only one entry so to make it fair - Ive written the names of regulars on bits of chip shop paper and added them onnit.

*puts hand inside hat*

Ooooh!  Would you adam and eve it?  The lucky winner is....ME!

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mark One said:

Ok you lucky bods, Ive placed the entries in the hat and now its time to see who has won....Well actually there is only one entry so to make it fair - Ive written the names of regulars on bits of chip shop paper and added them onnit.

*puts hand inside hat*

Ooooh!  Would you adam and eve it?  The lucky winner is....ME!

 

 

Ahhh bunkuss!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the menu this bank holiday weekend is a interestingly delightful erm...delight.  Tripe `n` potato stew, roast tripe, cheese tripe sandwiches, all day tripe breakfast, tripe un onion surprise....etc  So why not celebrate the birth of easter eggs by enjoying a tripe and a pint at the G&D.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mark, I don't suppose you do tripe deep fried in batter do you?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Mark, I don't suppose you do tripe deep fried in batter do you?

No as that delight is best suited to a good healthy bit of cod.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So guv how ‘bout a nice tripe un onion surprise with a bottle of your finest swill.

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

So guv how ‘bout a nice tripe un onion surprise with a bottle of your finest swill.

(Mr Moon nips outside and sits in a deck chair, in the drinkers garden)

Heres yer plate of mush son. (faded green plate: tiny slices of tripe, some carrot and a full onion, all drenched in a gooey sauce)

Heres yer bottle of Marriage Recker Ale (11% proof)  I`ll just nip back in and get your fork before it starts raining lad. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(Returns with a fork)

Here you go lad, enjoy!  Oh, before I return behind my bar can you settle your slate bud.  That generous 50 knicker which you placed behind the bar ran out last Sunday.  The other bods really enjoyed your good will mucker but you now owe the good old Dragon £54.11D.  Or lets just say, £50 for cash.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With regard to the sauce, surely you mean solid rather than gooey? How could one eat gooey sauce with a fork? * a pint of celebratory Easter G. & T. when you have a moment Mr.Mork ..... MARK! sorry * 

edit to say: this weekend, how about replacing the bowls of complimentary peanuts with bowls of complimentary mini choc eggs? :w00t: If the bowl could start off at this end of the bar that would be lovely. :D

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mark One said:

(Returns with a fork)

Here you go lad, enjoy!  Oh, before I return behind my bar can you settle your slate bud.  That generous 50 knicker which you placed behind the bar ran out last Sunday.  The other bods really enjoyed your good will mucker but you now owe the good old Dragon £54.11D.  Or lets just say, £50 for cash.

Pays with a smile

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

With regard to the sauce, surely you mean solid rather than gooey? How could one eat gooey sauce with a fork? * a pint of celebratory Easter G. & T. when you have a moment Mr.Mork ..... MARK! sorry * 

edit to say: this weekend, how about replacing the bowls of complimentary peanuts with bowls of complimentary mini choc eggs? :w00t: If the bowl could start off at this end of the bar that would be lovely. :D

The fork is mainly for the steamed onion and tripe and carrots.  The drool is summit posh uns call a garnish and it shouldnt be consumed too much.  The bowls of nuts were replaced with bagged ones many moons ago - do your home work lass.  Farmer folk and finger food dont seem to mix too well.  Especially when the fingers in question have been in murky places.  Tiny choc eggs?!?!  This is 19(56)(66)(76) you know.  The only sort on offer along the high street are the traditional 2 Bob ones.

In other news:  Ms. Roams 20p money jar has reached 3p.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Mark One said:

The fork is mainly for the steamed onion and tripe and carrots.

 

43 minutes ago, Mark One said:

money jar has reached 3p.

 

I hate to say it again Mark, but you really ought to move with the times! This is the 20th century, FFS.

Streaming your onion and tripe and carrots is a start, but thrupenny bits haven't been around since the sixties!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, acute said:

 

 

I hate to say it again Mark, but you really ought to move with the times! This is the 20th century, FFS.

Streaming your onion and tripe and carrots is a start, but thrupenny bits haven't been around since the sixties!

Well, do you remember that Sapphire & Steel duo who visited the G&D many months back?  They still haven't left their room yet.  Some hog-wash about tangled time/space realities gathered in an invisible event horizon in their room.  Lets hope they unravel it and return me to my correct time enveloped experience.

 

*five minutes later*

"Mark leaves the pub and walks down to the shops for a newspaper in his sunday best.  Meanwhile all around him, 21st century doings carry on as normal.  White van men pip their horns at him, folk glued to their wireless phones suddenly stop and take in Marks retro look with giggles...etc"

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did I leave my clothes in the G&D I seem to have lost them I asked dodgy Joan and she's not got them

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But, Matt, is she likely to admit she has got them? Would you mind draping a couple of bar towels(or beer mats if more appropriate), over your more diverting areas ....... you're making the place look untidy.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At least the rumour about Matt having to strap it to his thigh has been cleared up.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

But, Matt, is she likely to admit she has got them? Would you mind draping a couple of bar towels(or beer mats if more appropriate), over your more diverting areas ....... you're making the place look untidy.

 

1 hour ago, acute said:

At least the rumour about Matt having to strap it to his thigh has been cleared up.

Beer mats it is then

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Walks in in a push up bra and a white tee with wham tight shorts all stained with jello.  “Wow the womans jello rassling league is a rough one.” Orders a pint

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Walks in in a push up bra and a white tee with wham tight shorts all stained with jello.  “Wow the womans jello rassling league is a rough one.” Orders a pint

*shocked*

How the hell did you make it this far dressed like that with receiving a clobbering?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2018 at 4:39 PM, Matt221 said:

Did I leave my clothes in the G&D I seem to have lost them I asked dodgy Joan and she's not got them

Isnt that Butch Berts bird?  He`ll knock 20 shades of summit out of you if he finds out you have been playing the piano with his bit of stuff...onnit.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Walks in in a push up bra and a white tee with wham tight shorts all stained with jello.  “Wow the womans jello rassling league is a rough one.” Orders a pint

'ere! Have you got something that needs pushing up?

29 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Isnt that Butch Berts bird?  He`ll knock 20 shades of summit out of you if he finds out you have been playing the piano with his bit of stuff...onnit.

Are we talkin' 'ticklin' the ivories' here?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marvin the barrel Wagstaff came in earlier looking grumpy.  After his third bitter un blackcurrent pint he opened up and told me his troubles.  I served him a plate of pickled tripe with cucumber and crackers, and then he spilt the beans about those tv adverts for last minute holiday deals.  Turns owt that his missus got on the dog un bone and booked a bargin 2 week all inclusive holiday in Jersey for the price of a full months supermarket shop.  Great views of the sea, bath & shower, mini tv, drinks trolley, toaster - the works.  Now when they arrived in Jersey and gave the taxi bod the address they had a big shock coming.  Turns out that their digs was an old lighthouse - over half a mile off the coast. OUCH! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Are we talkin' 'ticklin' the ivories' here?

Thats 1 point to the lady.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mark One said:

*shocked*

How the hell did you make it this far dressed like that with receiving a clobbering?

Well perhaps it was the 6 inch heels and sequined purse with a teacup chihuahua.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.