Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The George And The Dragon is now open.

Mark One

7 minutes ago, acute said:

Dont start me on that!

The capital of America is Canberra?!?

Jeeze acute....its Cranberry.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Just now, freetoroam said:

Jeeze acute....its Cranberry.

I thought it was Guatemala.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, acute said:

I thought it was Guatemala.

No, the capital of Guatamala is Guava City.

I looked that up on facebook. 

• Like 1

My diary is filling up...Saturday is ghost hunt night...quiz night is er tbc and i got to work overtime to help Matt pay for the tab we racked up while the landlord was away.

• Like 2

Two guys sat in the corner drinking their pints when one got up, took out his false teeth, popped them into his pint and went to the loo,the other guy calmly picked up his mates pint and drained it taking out the teeth and putting them into his own mouth,his mate came back ,never batted an eyelid but said, I see you got your teeth back that I borrowed last week.The other guy said that's ok now its your round. (true story which I witnessed in my local working men's club)  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Two guys sat in the corner drinking their pints when one got up, took out his false teeth, popped them into his pint and went to the loo,the other guy calmly picked up his mates pint and drained it taking out the teeth and putting them into his own mouth,his mate came back ,never batted an eyelid but said, I see you got your teeth back that I borrowed last week.The other guy said that's ok now its your round. (true story which I witnessed in my local working men's club)  

That type of punter is exactly what we attract here Spud.  Thanks for sharing your heart warming tale of compassion and generosity.

• Like 2

*slams the bar with a lump hammer*

So, who owns that frigging dog outside?  Its not stopped barking all evening!!!

• Like 2

The George and Dragon is a quiet bar compared with some I've been in, there's a bar in Lisbon called the Lifeboat, where the band sit in this boat playing music, and when a fight breaks out (frequently) two guys rush over and haul on the ropes and the boat rises towards the ceiling while the band still plays on....cool eh

• Like 2

16 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

The George and Dragon is a quiet bar compared with some I've been in, there's a bar in Lisbon called the Lifeboat, where the band sit in this boat playing music, and when a fight breaks out (frequently) two guys rush over and haul on the ropes and the boat rises towards the ceiling while the band still plays on....cool eh

I used to live near to a town called Shirebrook - a very territorial place which didnt like strangers.  Any strangers who ventured into their pubs after dark was risking their good health.  The residents are very suspicious of surrounding towns and if they think your from one - you better have 999 on speed dial.

• Like 1

Well its beginning to get busy with the friday afternoon rush. 

f2f971cedc7f399c18b2fc959b2d6411.jpg

"...There you are Jim.  One turbo shandy and a triple scotch chaser..."

• Like 2

20 hours ago, acute said:

I'm not frightened of Kathleen.

Dammit!  I hate it when my subconscious fake news doesn't catch on!

19 hours ago, freetoroam said:

When is the next quiz night btw, acute?

Bad news, I'm afraid.  Tonight's quiz is cancelled due to lack of pens.

Someone (mentioning no names) forgot to go to Lloyd's Bank with the wire cutters.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Big Mirk said:

*slams the bar with a lump hammer*

So, who owns that frigging dog outside?  Its not stopped barking all evening!!!

Has anyone seen my little dog I left outside,he was looking after my bike I trained him bark if someone tried to nick it now some bugga nicked him bloody pikeys

• Like 2

3 hours ago, acute said:

Smirk, there's no bog paper in the crapper.

Theres a toilet in here? great news, saves having to go out in the car park again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matt221 said:

Has anyone seen my little dog I left outside,he was looking after my bike I trained him bark if someone tried to nick it now some bugga nicked him bloody pikeys

You are doing it again Matt, you are not quite telling us the truth......this dog of yours is not really "little"

Anyway, i think i saw someone put a saddle on it:

03601204e7d73f48599e614bd238c021.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Theres a toilet in here? great news, saves having to go out in the car park again.

Well........There is a toilet, but it doubles as the office. And the kitchen.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

You are doing it again Matt, you are not quite telling us the truth......this dog of yours is not really "little"

Anyway, i think i saw someone put a saddle on it:

03601204e7d73f48599e614bd238c021.jpg

Sorry drinks on me again then I've put the best part £2 behind the bar

• Like 1

5 hours ago, acute said:

Smirk, there's no bog paper in the crapper.

That happened to me once so I left a cigarette paper glued to the wall with the words on it "for emergency use only" fortunately I had a pocket full of tissues.

• Like 3

Sitting having a quiet beer with my sons when in walked about a dozen girls ,it was a hen party after about 10 minutes another bunch of girls walked in and started passing comments ,such as , is that slag getting married, then it all kicked off, screaming, pulling hair ,kicking and biting, then the Police arrived , All the girls on both sides started on the Police with handbags, high heeled shoes and finger nails. it took about 20 mins to restore order, 7 girls arrested and 5 Police injured. that was a good night. better than watching T.V  

• Like 3

(Just to add some atmosphere for tonights spook hunt)

It was a packed evening inside the George & Dragon. The freedom of the weekend became merry with alcohol as the shackles of the working week faded away with ignorance. Wazwig1985 was on his 5th pint of cherry beer as his buddy Woodscrew4ever ordered another Turbo Shandy whilst checking out the limited talent on offer. The bar and tap room was awash with many more excited members of the UM forum. Tonight was going to be a special slurp and churp with one major difference. Landlord Mirk had arranged a ghost hunt within his pub and digs.

The George & Dragon dates back to the early 1800s when it was originally a hunting lodge. Since then it has been a hospital for the war wounded and it also housed the elderly & retired in the 1920s. By 1934 a mysterious fire almost brought the old building down before it was left dormant for another 13 years. In 1947 a Lord Codman took ownership of the property and the surrounding land before having the lodge modernized. It wasnt long before the Fox Hunting toffs began using it as a watering hole. By 1960 the Lord had fallen on hard times financially. Alot of his land was sold to property developers and the old lodge was given to them in the deal. The rest they say is history...as another punter burps or desperately fumbles in their trouser pocket for a fag lighter.

Welcome to the George & Dragon pal. Now then, what can I get yer?

Edited by Big Mirk
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, acute said:

Is Mick The Disc ok?

We've been stepping over him since Wednesday!

Do you mean, Mick Spelt Like Brick?  Hes in bed with a dicky tummy so his older brother Carl Spelt Like....erm...Brick! shall be taking his place tonight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big Mirk said:

Do you mean, Mick Spelt Like Brick?  Hes in bed with a dicky tummy so his older brother Carl Spelt Like....erm...Brick! shall be taking his place tonight.

You know Mick..... The one who does the dodgy DVD's.

Little bloke. Stinks a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, acute said:

You know Mick..... The one who does the dodgy DVD's.

Little bloke. Stinks a bit.

Oh the carpet monster!  Yeh he does pen an ink doesnt he.  He`ll be here, he might as well live here.  Come to think of it we shall have him buried here too.

• Like 1