Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The George And The Dragon is now open.

Mark One

You!  The lady often seen slurping in a certain flat roofed pub.  Dancing her stuff around the young lads on boogie nights in the Lantern.  You turn coat you.

• Haha 2

On 10/14/2018 at 9:52 PM, tcgram said:

There's a bit of a chill in the air now.   What warm drinks do you have to help?   

How about a hot toddy for my fave tin of mixed fruit.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mark One said:

How about a hot toddy for my fave tin of mixed fruit.  :)

You're so good to me.  :)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I haven't been here for a while because as you probably know by now, Derek and I have split up :cry:. I've been avoiding places that he haunts(and I do mean haunts!), so if he's going to be here at Halloween I think I'll give it a miss. Oh no, wait a minute, If my disguise was good enough he wouldn't know it was me .... but if I see him making eyes at any floosy in here, look out!!

That would explain Derek drowning his sorrow in here the other night; he kept crying and saying, "Weej"  over and over....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, tcgram said:

That would explain Derek drowning his sorrow in here the other night; he kept crying and saying, "Weej"  over and over....

And he's never looked so pale...that bloody women *tut-tut*

• Sad 1

Now, now, we don't know who did the breaking up or if it was mutual.   I am looking forward to Ouija's costume and not being able to even tell it's her.  Here's the costume I think I will wear:  https://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Halloween-Costume-Shirt-adults/dp/B07HD3JHYY/ref=sr_1_79?ie=UTF8&qid=1540226665&sr=8-79&keywords=womens+halloween+costumes&dpID=41Mgz0XrigL&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch    Do you think anyone will recognize it's me??    

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 5:45 PM, tcgram said:

Now, now, we don't know who did the breaking up or if it was mutual.   I am looking forward to Ouija's costume and not being able to even tell it's her.  Here's the costume I think I will wear:  https://www.amazon.com/Dinosaur-Halloween-Costume-Shirt-adults/dp/B07HD3JHYY/ref=sr_1_79?ie=UTF8&qid=1540226665&sr=8-79&keywords=womens+halloween+costumes&dpID=41Mgz0XrigL&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch    Do you think anyone will recognize it's me??    

Oh how can you wear such things, my little jar of glitter.  Can't you dress up as a carrot or summit along those lines?

• Haha 2

Good news slurpers un burpers.

Doc Mark will defo be int Dragon to read the bumps on yer bonce.  His assistant, Otto Une Flipflopp will be at the ready with his Feng shoey baton.  For a small charge he will quite happily apply some positive karmic correction bumps.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

* makes note to give that a miss * I'm not having anyone but Dark Derek feeling my bumps! Why don't you stick to more conservative themed evenings, Mark? Like Ladies' Night when all drinks are free for ladies? :)

• Like 1

My drink went down the wrong hole as I read that, Ouija.

Well Thursday nights are student nites, luv.  Fridays are generally themed but your average bod prefares to moan, get trollied and then sleep it off in some hedge.  The weekend is well - get hammered time with the odd sporting pork pie.

• Haha 2

Are there students living near the G. & D.? Or do they get pulled in(literally!), by the G. & D. regulars when they are on their way to somewhere else?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mark One said:

Oh how can you wear such things, my little jar of glitter.  Can't you dress up as a carrot or summit along those lines?

Fine, I'll wear this instead.....https://www.costumepub.com/p-24340-peach-costume.aspx

Edited by tcgram
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tcgram said:

Awfully nice, infact it's a  most capital choice which will no doubt turn heads and pull in the punters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sticky Micky will defo be int Dragon onnim, ont 31st with his camera.  Bent Bill and his wife - Sally clockface, are currently testing out their Halloween outfit in the back fields behind the dragon. I'm not too impressed with their mooing noises though, and the grass out thier is all damp and mushy.

Oh, and to all of those little bleeders who have been chucking rocks in me pool - I'll let you off this time around.  Your "taking of the Michael" on me grounds as sparked a new money saving idea - more soon.

• Like 1

PRE HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

ZOMBIE PLATTER, 14 Quid

Chipolata bangers (fingers)

Burger (hand)

Tripe un onions (entrails)

Small pumpkin (bonce)

Pickled eggs (eye)

Raw tripe (skin)

Pint of laget with slaughter house red colouring (Claret)

Please hurry, 5 servings already sold

• Like 2

On the 1st of December, the annual Wheelbarrow race will begin.  Two bods per Wheelbarrow, will race to each pub, sink a pint and then swap around (one sat int barrow, one pushing)

The 12 pubs along the route are:

The G&D

The Sunny Cow

The Eager Cockerel

The Shades

The Lantern

The Broken Bottle

The Anchor

The Ship & Shovel 

The Coat of Arms

The Cockel and Muscle

The Four Ways

The Anvil

As always, the winner will be rewarded with a beer hamper and a meat hamper.  50 nicker to the bod in the best fancy dress.

• Like 2

@ouija ouija's costume created quite the stir; I don't think I've seen so many blokes hovering around.   I believe she made Dark Derek a bit jealous, he grumbled about the attention throughout the night.    :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Darkest Derek has shocked everyone with his Halloween outfit.  Both the sober and the regular odd squad of waisted slurpers could not believe it.  Dressed up as a priest and he's been banging on about joining the Pope and his holy army of vicars.  Who would have Adam and Eved it!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is there anyone in? What happened to all day opening hours? I need a nightcap ..... I can't sleep.

image.png.e3b9358304d5cc1d7b5d3e68ec4ee516.png 

• Like 2

Well since the Dragon is becoming quieter by the day I decided to shut shop early so I could tune into and watch World in Action.  The documentary went on about melting ice caps, pollution and water shortages.

So, from Jan 1st all drinks will come with a small rock sat inside your pint pot.  This will reduce the water content and also help to save the planet.  The same approach will be applied int outdoor pool too.

Talking of water reminds me that next year will bring the possibility of the G&D moving into that narrow boat idea of mine. 

• Confused 1

So what that actually amounts to is us getting less beer for the same money?!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Less beer and a stern finger waggle so it works itself out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Each pint comes with a ticket.  Collecting 10 allows the drinker to place their hand in my lucky dip hat.  Each piece of screwed up paper inside has a prize jotted down on it.  All the gifts come from lovely Rashores black market business.

Oh, and each lump of rock in your pot may have a number painted onnit.  Think Bullies prize board.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2