Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The George And The Dragon is now open.

Mark One

36 minutes ago, Matt221 said:

Thats ok then we all know where that sort of hanky panky leads

Yes indeed, you young jockey. 

It leads to more pints ordered - k-ching!

A hearty meal of egg and chips by moonlight, up on deck- k-ching!

Whiskey/rum/brandy/vodka top-ups- k-ching!

Crisps and peanuts - k-ching!

One for the road - k-ching!

Reduction in brain cells leading to forgetfulness which in turn means you'll be back tomorrow night -k-ching!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mark One said:

That sounds wonderful, thank you!   :) 

• Like 1

Walks out 2 meter by 1 meter rectangle and marks it with chalk, now a one way window could go here. Hopefully there aren’t too many dead fish floating about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/23/2020 at 12:06 AM, tcgram said:

That sounds wonderful, thank you!   :) 

It's on the house for a cutie like you. :wub:

Now I must find that box of chrimbo decorations which I left with Big Mirk in the Dragon.  I'm sure there was some plastic mistletoe in that dusty old box.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

Walks out 2 meter by 1 meter rectangle and marks it with chalk, now a one way window could go here. Hopefully there aren’t too many dead fish floating about.

Oih you!  I wanna know who's dropping their dogends on the floor in the gents solitary toilet.  Look, if yer wanna drop yer fags all over the floor then go and use the gents upstairs, outside.  See, you can do yer "splash n dash" over the side like all the other bods and flick yer fag ends overboard too.  :angry:

• Haha 2

Trudy-Sevens-V2.jpg

What do yer reckon?  Looking cosy, yes?

30488.jpg?v=a7f87f

Here's the Harpy lit up with alittle support (power wise) from Bendy Lennie's boat.  Bendies probably gonna spend chrimbo on the Moors this year on account of him being caught red handed handling a lorry load of tinned salmon.  So I'm keeping me minces onhis boat whilst he's away doing some shovel.

If yer nip into the Dragon, ask Big Mirk for one of those forms - yer know, the ones where yer can offer a name for my new boat.  Winner gets a case of brandy.  Be lucky!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mark One said:

Oih you!  I wanna know who's dropping their dogends on the floor in the gents solitary toilet.  Look, if yer wanna drop yer fags all over the floor then go and use the gents upstairs, outside.  See, you can do yer "splash n dash" over the side like all the other bods and flick yer fag ends overboard too.  :angry:

Well as far as the fags in the gents room that was Wanda “Fishlips” McCreaty, since she is looking extra viral these days I had to work out a plausible story for the Bobbies if they came askin’ about a stiffy in the loo.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Mark One said:

It's on the house for a cutie like you. :wub:

You smooth talker, you.   LOL    

• Thanks 1

ALL THROUGHOUT DECEMBER EVERYDAY ONNHIM

FISH IS ONT MENU

Microwaved Brown Trout slices with lettuce:. £3.80

Fried riverbank Fowl with Bream and chips and lettuce:£4.50

Oven Baked Chub with cheddar garnish, boiled potatoes: £2.90 (buy one get one free!)

Bleak and Barbel salad with bread:£3.00

Riverbank Crab:£4.00

Ghoulash Antoni, a local polish geezer from Poland has informed me that Christmas meals over there are fish.  So, I thought it would be an ace opputunity to unload some local caught produce.  Who loves yah, baby!

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Mark One said:

FISH IS ONT MENU

Oven Baked Chub with cheddar garnish, boiled potatoes: £2.90 (buy one get one free!)

Ghoulash Antoni, a local polish geezer from Poland has informed me that Christmas meals over there are fish.  So, I thought it would be an ace opputunity to unload some local caught produce.  Who loves yah, baby!

Well considering I caught the crabs last year, I ordered some Mississippi catfish and crawdads to add to the menu this year. It’s on me so do what you will with three crates each, packed withe finest glacier ice of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, newbloodmoon said:

Well considering I caught the crabs last year, I ordered some Mississippi catfish and crawdads to add to the menu this year. It’s on me so do what you will with three crates each, packed withe finest glacier ice of course.

Shush!  You don't know who's tab-hanging (listening)

But cheers pal, I'll have to add fishfingers and chips to the menu now. :tu:

• Haha 1

So Hank and the Hunka, hunka, hunka, water willies were inquiring about performing on ladies night. Here’s their flyer with contact info boss.

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2020 at 9:47 AM, newbloodmoon said:

So Hank and the Hunka, hunka, hunka, water willies were inquiring about performing on ladies night. Here’s their flyer with contact info boss.

Oh dear, Mr Moon what am I going to do with you?  I've told you a hundred times before to write a list of things to do before you arrive here like you have, empty handed AGAIN.  You left the flyer at home didn't you and you came out without your Cardigan on too.  

But in other news, I was chatting with DJ Bobby Droppins last night. That bird youve had your eye on was looking for yah int Dragon on Saturday night.  Must have missed you when you were here int Harpy.  She's here in this Polaroid, dunno which one it is though.

furcoatsisters-drum-scanlevelsC41-copy-2

18 hours ago, Mark One said:

Oh dear, Mr Moon what am I going to do with you?  I've told you a hundred times before to write a list of things to do before you arrive here like you have, empty handed AGAIN.  You left the flyer at home didn't you and you came out without your Cardigan on too.  

But in other news, I was chatting with DJ Bobby Droppins last night. That bird youve had your eye on was looking for yah int Dragon on Saturday night.  Must have missed you when you were here int Harpy.  She's here in this Polaroid, dunno which one it is though.

furcoatsisters-drum-scanlevelsC41-copy-2

As far as the cardigan, i was mugged by a vicious gang of grannies and they plum just took it. Though the polaroid is less than clear, I’m willing to bet she’s the one in the middle. She often used her sisters as meat shields.

All the way up until new year, Mystic Mirky will be kipping...I mean in residence at the Dragon.  She does oracle card readings and flogs good luck charms, the price being 8 shillings and a liquid tip.  She's been known to shift curses sending them back to the bod who pulled a stroke in the first place too.

IMPORTANT note.

Don't forget that the Harpy can pick you up and them drop you off only 5 minutes walk away from the Dragon.  Just wait by one of the many bus stop signs scattered along the bank of Weedings River or Cankers Reservoir.  The price is of course, a drink or two, or a drink then a bite.

2013-12-10-Photo1ChristmasTree1970s-thum

Merry crimbo from the Harpy & Dragon. (Photo of Big Mirks living room int Dragon)

Oh, don't forget December 20th.  It's pick a new barmaid night!

• Like 1

I brought my blender along to make some holiday drinks, where should I put it?  

I musta been on a real bender seeing three in that polaroid.

5 hours ago, tcgram said:

here let me clean off a spot on the counter, I’m sure Mark will move it if he gets himself in a twist. He threw out the cases of corona I brought in due to the similarity in name with the current flu bug. He did let me have the rest of the day off without pay. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great boss and considering all the hair brainrd ideas I come up with it’s any wonder he hasn’t fallen completely off his chump.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

I musta been on a real bender seeing three in that polaroid.

here let me clean off a spot on the counter, I’m sure Mark will move it if he gets himself in a twist. He threw out the cases of corona I brought in due to the similarity in name with the current flu bug. He did let me have the rest of the day off without pay. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great boss and considering all the hair brainrd ideas I come up with it’s any wonder he hasn’t fallen completely off his chump.

AND FOR GODS SAKE PUT YOUR CARDIGAN BACK ON!  ITS PART OF THE STAFF UNIFORM.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, tcgram said:

Oh how kind of you, baby.  If you would care to go along past the bar you'll find the kitchen preparation area.  Please place it on that shelf near the sink.  I'll knock you up a pitcher  full of fruit juice, ice, spirits of your choice and various tinned fruits.  Have a glass now and I'll keep the rest int fridge for you, chicken x

Oh and if it's not too much trouble, can you write down a list of anything you deem ideal for such drinkies and I'll pass it onto to Mr Moon.  Can I say though that your presence here on my boat sure does add a sparkle to the place.  Thanks, chicken x

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 5:45 PM, Mark One said:

FISH IS ONT MENU

All that and not a hint of canal and farm pond fish chowder whats happened ?If its the fish supply that's a problem im sure dodgy ron and his mates will sort ya out just give him a ring on0007ws0900000000001333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333334700000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

You,re welcome

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Yes I think the fish hibernate or summit at the time of year.  It's a right bind I can tell you.

But Brian - look at me like that again and I'll flatten your head, and don't bother me with the filth cos they call on me anyway when they have bother - Hammer tried ringing that long phone number several times, mate.  You've got his back right up, I can tell you. He left the Harpy in a right state, foaming at the mouth and cursing you with some awfully wicked words!!!  He's also had it away with one of my bus stops which he was swinging around in the air.  And as we all know, hes a Scot!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's a... Scot???

tenor.gif

The Scots can be so unpredictable... They scare me to death!

tenor.gif

Sorry, I need apple juice right now (fermented).

• Haha 2

There's been a bit of snow today, down here in Weevleton so please be careful when venturing near the water.  We have a rubber ring at the ready for any bod who ends up in the big drink but don't think I'll jump in to save you.  That water is bloody freezing.  But if your visiting and staying for the full duration please consider wearing a frogman's outfit, just to be on the safe side.  

Ok, that's all, love you, bye, cheers, see yah, what ever....

• Like 3

I've just had my daily half-liter can of red berry flavoured beer. I can't stand the "regular" beers any longer: way too bitter to my taste. Well, regarding the ones I tasted anyway. Frogland is not the Kingdom of beers...

I'm a few minutes away from dinner: we're having croissants au jambon: croissant, béchamel sauce, ham, grated emmental.

(I can't find a decent photo on Google...)

croissant-jambon-bechamel-au-comt%25C3%2

• Like 1