Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The George And The Dragon is now open.

Mark One

Hmmm, not bad nipper.

I think I have some french stuff somewhere around here...

Ah, this is the best I can do for now.  A poster of some bloke who was into bulls.  Well, it's from Europe, innit.

200px-Antonio_Barrera.jpg

Desperate Beryl swears blind that she once saw this geezer one night ordering cheese and onion fryits in the chippy down the road.

Edited by Mark One

1 hour ago, Mark One said:

Hmmm, not bad nipper.

I think I have some french stuff somewhere around here...

Ah, this is the best I can do for now.  A poster of some bloke who was into bulls.  Well, it's from Europe, innit.

200px-Antonio_Barrera.jpg

Desperate Beryl swears blind that she once saw this geezer one night ordering cheese and onion fryits in the chippy down the road.

I'm not against bovines being killed, provided there's little to zero suffering for the animals. My parents used to breed bovines for their meat. Those bovines had an apparently pleasant life - until they got killed. My parents and I have never been in favour of that tereador stuff, of that making bulls suffer. It's an aberration to us.

There's a famous ex-actress in France, Brigitte Bardot. She's strongly against any kind of suffering made to animals. She's a sort of extremist. She's fighted against about the toreadors and a mayor in the area displayed a photo of a toreador she supposedly had an affair with decades ago. She denies, obviously but...

Cheers!

halloween-red-wine-glass-260nw-731074372

Edited by ant0n
  • Like 1

Bullfighting, fox hunting, boxing, wrestling....barbaric, Draconian, modern day cavemen.

5 hours ago, Mark One said:

Bullfighting, fox hunting, boxing, wrestling....barbaric, Draconian, modern day cavemen.

In my teen age, one day my father showed me a bird, explaining how uncommon and beautiful it was. He had just killed it.

I bet he threw it away a short while after, as that bird to small to let anything to eat.

I think it partially explains the silent anger I feel at times.

Edited by ant0n
  • Like 1

We had lots of lovely, phwoarr!  Ladies in last night. X XX 

008_Good-Lord.jpg

And the nosebag area was kind of busy last night too.

dining-out.jpg

Kind of puzzles me by how the bods in photographs always look oily or sweaty...

A friend and me:

artworks-000235987407-ows5nw-t500x500.jp

Hey!  That's not in the dragon, nor the harpy.  Youve been inside the Naked Cockatoo :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Walks in wearing greasy coveralls and black smudge on face. Shame about the naked cockatoo burning down. Luckily I was there to haul all the nice, and good paying customers out of the flames and reminded them how well they’ll get treated at the george and dragon as well as the harpy. What with the caring staff, kitchens that are up to code and not a fire hazard, our unwatered down drinks. It’s a shame the Winsley brothers might get implicated in torching the place for the insurance money.

What ever happened to good ole rabble rousers is a mystery to me. I miss the days when there was just a minor rumble after the rival footie teams played. 

• Thanks 1

Mr Moon, you surely are the greatest man alive.  And, if you wandered around in a white robe with a beard, even I would kneel before you.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Mr Moon, you surely are the greatest man alive.  And, if you wandered around in a white robe with a beard, even I would kneel before you.

Well I don’t know about the white robe and the whole kneeling bit, just enjoying the work at the greatest pubs in the civilized world.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, newbloodmoon said:

Well I don’t know about the white robe and the whole kneeling bit, just enjoying the work at the greatest pubs in the civilized world.

Well, some of the lads/grunts are so proud of you.  This surely is your day to glow.

Edited by Mark One
  • Thanks 1

Well with such a grand gesture from all the lads, next round of drinks are on me and two for the lady trapped in the middle of all the best sort of rabble this town has ever seen.

• 5 weeks later...

Well it's another busy night on the barge.  Big Jock has took his shirt off again to wow the ladies with his scars.  Toby Jugs discussing pigs with another farmer and outside, many trollied punters are admiring that deep red glow n the sky above the glue factory.  They all refer to it as the northern lights of weevelton, even though it's South Westerly.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again -. Weevleton is the UK's equivalent of Jurassic park.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, acute said:

Mick, I'm pîssed as a fart.

If I manage to stand up straight, can I have another pint of vodka?

Providing you pick up your trousers and socks.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mark One said:

Providing you pick up your trousers and socks.

No need!

Being so heavily soiled, they should biodegrade naturally overnight.

On 10/26/2021 at 2:54 PM, acute said:

No need!

Being so heavily soiled, they should biodegrade naturally overnight.

Yes!  In the big drink outdoors like that old manky pair of brown, clarks shoes of yours.  You flippin nesbit:angry:

Anyhow, sur.  Another black rum?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mark One said:

Another black rum?

I'm ***k*d!   Water it down with gin. :tu:

Edited by acute

39 minutes ago, acute said:

I'm ***k*d!   Water it down with gin. :tu:

Your the boss, squire.  Here you go and help yourself to the complimentary meatballs or cheeseballs at the bar. 

Oh, before you go, one of the deck hands found your vest and mistakenly assumed it was a cloth.  It was used to wipe out the sand buckets used by desperate punters who have been caught short.

For anyone who is caught tossing there pumpkin in public, this year.

Get caught doing that by me, on me barge and I'll set me guard dog on yer and bar you till crimbo.

Tsk, tsk...playing with pumpkins is disgusting & messy and can alarm the elderly.  For God's sake, bods, do it at home!

I don't want any urineballs, thanks. :unsure2:

BTW, you might want to disinfect the sand buckets after using my vest as a cleaning cloth.

I’m not sure why boss but Kelly Mcnimerra just ran me off the O’Malley pumpkin patch. He was yellin’ and hollerin something fierce but I couldn’t understand a word he said since he was only half a pint in for lunch. Looks like it’s turnips and crepe paper again this year for the haunted halloween cruise.

We will have do something about him.  Can't bar him though as his entire unemployment allowance is spent looking for work. here.  Um...

Got a fresh barrel of beer arriving soon. Gotta go.  Oh. Belly the cook has knocked up some beef and lettuce sandwiches to place on the bar.  One quarter butty per pint. 

Well I’ll get thing cleaned up and ready for the delivery, I guess this Halloween I’ll have to dress the part of a respectable employee. How scary is that?