Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump calls off Chicago rally due to security

docyabut2

I'm watching this on TV right now. This is insane and essentially is shutting down our political process....not a good thing at all.

• Like 6

What the hell is going on? I just turned on the news and it's chaos. I here f the police, f Trump being chanted. People are going nuts, seen a punch thrown.

• Like 3

I've been watching since the beginning. They allowed the protesters to enter the arena and "mingle" with Trump's supporters.

Big mistake.

I'm thinking he may never be able to hold another rally.

It's only a matter of time until worse things happen.

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 2

Trump fans really believe Trump will save the country and Bernie fans really believe he will destroy it. There is some religious level devotion happening as both sides are chanting the name of their champion.

• Like 3

Well, that's certainly one way to .... Yeah, what was it they wanted to do?

• Like 2

I see the democrat voting base out there throwing a tantrum because things aren't going their way. Shutting up the opposition is their go-to tactic wether it's a conservative or really just any non-progressive-line-towing speaker or guest at a university all the way to our top,levels of politics. They don't really believe in free speech.

• Like 9

How long has it been going on?

Well, I've been watching since 6:30 PM CST on a live feed.

The crowd around the stage didn't "look" right long before he was to speak. One could just see what was going to happen.

• Like 2

Well, that's certainly one way to .... Yeah, what was it they wanted to do?

Make sure no one could hear him speak I guess.

To be honest, not much is happening. Both sides consist mostly of smart phones screens waiting for someone else to give them great viral footage. The reporter is hyping this up but doing a terrible job as usual. Nice anti Trump sentiments at the bottom of the CNN link lol

So far, 30+ protestors have "felt the Bern" of handcuffs. If they keep bringing this aggression to Trump rallies, it's only going to strengthen Trump's support.

• Like 5

This reminds me of the good ole' days in early 20's Germany when it was the Reds versus the Brown Shirts.

Oh, those were good times! :)

NOT! :td::huh:<_<:cry::no:

• Like 6

Trump fans really believe Trump will save the country and Bernie fans really believe he will destroy it. There is some religious level devotion happening as both sides are chanting the name of their champion.

If he actually tried to do the things he says, he would surely do some major damage. That's a big if, but it sure is a wildcard.

• Like 3

Agent provocateurs? I expect them during any major protest now. Since Trump is a threat (wildcard,) to many of those who profit from the "established" order in American politics, I would think using undercover agents or paying people to throw fisticuffs would be as natural a move as it was during the Occupy protests.

At the same time I can see how childish Bernie supporters can be.

• Like 3

At the same time I can see how childish Bernie supporters can be.

Truer words have never been spoken.

• Like 2

These idiots don't even know what they're angry about as usual. Reporters have asked at least two maybe three random loudmouths that I've seen and asked them why they're there or why they wanted to shut down the rally and each have declined to answer. They have no reason to be there. Go be productive or at least have a purpose for your presence.

• Like 3

this is a fight to not turn our country into Bernie`s communism, but from Trump a self made millionaire who will make this country great again .

• Like 2

Reminds me of the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago. I would much rather see a candidate who would want to bring all Americans together.

this is a fight to not turn our country into Bernie`s communism, but from Trump a self made millionaire who will make this country great again .

First bolding: You know so little of what you speak. He was born a millionaire.

Second bolding: America's always been a great country. I've visited a half dozen times. My maternal father's side hailed from there. My mother can trace the history back to having 12 men from different famiies who fought in the War of Indepdence.

America still is a great country.

Please... just please, don't let it go down the tubes.

• Like 4

I'm an idiot. Those people who refused to state their reasons and positions for protesting must be the paid protestors.

• Like 4

Reminds me of the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago. I would much rather see a candidate who would want to bring all Americans together.

Wasn't it the '68 DNC that introduced the primaries and caucus' system to quell the violence?

The GOP followed suit in '72?

I'm an idiot. Those people who refused to state their reasons and positions for protesting must be the paid protestors.

I've also been hearing that, who hires them?

No doubt Trump has stirred the pot.

What a mess.

• Like 2

Wasn't it the '68 DNC that introduced the primaries and caucus' system to quell the violence?

The GOP followed suit in '72?

I don't know about that, I'm sure you are correct. I was referring to the protests outside the 1968 Convention. I'm wondering if these present anti-Trump protests will continue, and what will happen when Trump is nominated at the Republican National Convention.

• Like 1

I've also been hearing that, who hires them?

No doubt Trump has stirred the pot.

What a mess.

I can read that sentence two ways.

• Like 1