Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump calls off Chicago rally due to security

docyabut2

I can read that sentence two ways.

I'm sorry, I'm slow LOL, I don't follow.

• Like 2

I don't know about that, I'm sure you are correct. I was referring to the protests outside the 1968 Convention. I'm wondering if these present anti-Trump protests will continue, and what will happen when Trump is nominated at the Republican National Convention.

From what I gather the primary/caucus system whas designed to quell the "War on the Floor".

It's supposed to be a love in/kiss of approval come time for the national conventton. This time, not so much I think.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I'm slow LOL, I don't follow.

Sorry, maybe three ways. If they are paid protesters;

1) paid by democrats?

2) paid by the Grand Old Party?

3) paid by Trumpists to garner sympathy?

A conspiracy theory, I know,

Shakespeare once said "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

• Like 1

Sorry, maybe three ways. If they are paid protesters;

1) paid by democrats?

2) paid by the Grand Old Party?

3) paid by Trumpists to garner sympathy?

A conspiracy theory, I know,

Shakespeare once said "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

I just heard at least some of the "professionals" were paid by:

http://front.moveon.org/

Edited by ZZ430

Sorry, I'm on dial-up and that appeared as a mish-mash of opinions.

Maybe quote the particular one you were referring to?

:)

OMG! It's Obama country,

There, I've said the thing that no one wants to say.

Edited by Likely Guy

:)

OMG! It's Obama country,

There, I've said the thing that no one wants to say.

Eh, I'd wait to see if there's riots if Trump is elected President. If the white racists didn't riot when Obama was elected, and if the non-white racists riot if Trump is elected President, we'll see just which side is more hateful and violent.

I'm not putting too much emphasis on this incident though, it's hardly a trend.

• Like 3

Eh, I'd wait to see if there's riots if Trump is elected President. If the white racists didn't riot when Obama was elected, and if the non-white racists riot if Trump is elected President, we'll see just which side is more hateful and violent.

I'm not putting too much emphasis on this incident though, it's hardly a trend.

Oh, whole heartedly. We live in interesting times though.

The video I watched seemed to be in Mogadishu.

Can someone please post what happened in the United States Of America.

• Like 1

Hmmm.... well Chicago is primarily the Democrat stronghold in the State of Illinois, if not all of the USA. I suppose after Trump wins in November he could build a cage around the city and name it the official Zoo of America.... with a sign warning: "Don't feed the Liberals"

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 5

The video I watched seemed to be in Mogadishu.

Can someone please post what happened in the United States Of America.

Same same.

Hmmm.... well Chicago is primarily the Democrat stronghold in the State of Illinois, if not all of the USA. I suppose after Trump wins in November he could build a cage around the city and name it the official Zoo of America.... with a sign warning: "Don't feed the Liberals"

Thanks 'tips'... Your pathetic pandering is duly noted.

*swish*

(no rim)

**** me sideways, you don't protect free speech by denying free speech. You protect free speech by replying.

• Like 2

**** me sideways, you don't protect free speech by denying free speech. You protect free speech by replying.

First off, no. Respectfully. :)

But that link never worked for me so I'm at a loss as to what was said. Can someone paste a bit, in essence?

But that link never worked for me so I'm at a loss as to what was said. Can someone paste a bit, in essence?

The gist was "we helped do this because Trumps a racist ******".

The replies were either "good on ya" or "that's not how you do things in a democracy".

The **** word was an anagram of "this" FWIW.

• Like 1

The **** word was an anagram of "this" FWIW.

For What I Wonder?

Why don't people speak plain english?

I wish that people would either spit it out, or swallow.

Edited by Likely Guy

For What I Wonder?

Why don't people speak plain english?

I wish that people would either spit it out, or swallow.

For what it's worth.

And for the record, I only speak two languages - Engsh and Bad English.

• Like 2

An example from moveon.org

Join the movement to stop Donald Trump!

We pledge ourselves to speak out in every way possible against the politics of hate, violence, and exclusion Donald Trump represents. Together, we're putting the media and political institutions …

Sign the Petition

by #StopHateDumpTrump

Another:

“Bernie Sanders’ come-from-behind win in Michigan tonight should serve as a warning to anyone who wants to declare the Democratic primary race over before all voters have had their say.

“This victory proves that Bernie Sanders’ message is continuing to gain traction with voters across the country. The American people are fed up with a corrupt and broken political system, believe change is possible, and are ready to make it happen.

“This win – along with recent national polling showing Bernie gaining support and amazing grassroots fundraising numbers – shows that the political revolution he is leading has powerful momentum with most states yet to weigh in. MoveOn members are excited to keep mobilizing in support of Bernie. This is a campaign that can win.”

• Like 1

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if all of the protesters had a fresh $100 bill in their pocket. Chicago is the home of dirty politics, full of friends of Obama and Clinton. The left has quickly realized they can't refute Trump's message so they conspire to shut him down. Trump did the right thing, the Presidential thing, by quickly cancelling the event for the safety of both his supporters and the protesters. That is the first gesture of its kind I've seen from anyone in politics in a long time. But I believe the vast majority of people are seeing through their tactics. Every attack on Trump probably brings another 10,000 voters to his side. The civilized people of this country have sat quiet for too long. They've quietly accepted all the political correct BS that's been forced on them over the last 8 years because that's what civilized people do. But the gloves are coming off. I sense a growing tide of "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" swelling up within the country. The more the establishment, both left and right, attack Trump, the more he's seen as a hero of the people.

• Like 8

An example from moveon.org

Another:

No matter, thank you for the link and the context. :)

• Like 1

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...elled-1.3488365

I love most of the comments on the article. These people damaged their cause tremendously.

Canada loves you. You are our American Cousins, dismiss us as much you may.

Well, hell: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-barton-trump-washington-1.3487696

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...elled-1.3488365

I love most of the comments on the article. These people damaged their cause tremendously.

Just to be clear, do you mean the comments here on UM or the comments attached to the article? They seem to represent completely opposite affiliations.

Canada loves you. You are our American Cousins, dismiss us as much you may.

I would never dismiss Canadians. I know some wonderful people from there. :tu:

• Like 1

"These are not good people, just so you understand," Trump said. "These are not the people who made our country great. These are the people that are destroying our country."

It's about damn time. He cancelled the rally out of concern for people, all of them, but he won't be silenced.

• Like 4

From source; "I respect the American electoral process. I have faith in what Lincoln referred to as 'the better angels of American nature' and I am looking forward to who I am going to work with after Nov. 4," Trudeau said."

The 'better angels of American nature'. Who might them be?