Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump calls off Chicago rally due to security

docyabut2

Just to be clear, do you mean the comments here on UM or the comments attached to the article? They seem to represent completely opposite affiliations.

The comments attached to the article. I was surprised to see so many people defending Trump's free speech, regardless of how distasteful they may find it. The liberals in this country could learn a thing or two from them.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

"These are not good people, just so you understand," Trump said. "These are not the people who made our country great. These are the people that are destroying our country."

It's about damn time. He cancelled the rally out of concern for people, all of them, but he won't be silenced.

Context Big Jim, context.

Where was that from?

For What I Wonder?

Why don't people speak plain english?

I wish that people would either spit it out, or swallow.

Sir Wearer quoted a description of Trump which included the word ****.

He then said that the word **** was an anagram of "this".

Can you think of a nasty word to describe someone which uses the letters s, h, i and t?

• Like 1

Context Big Jim, context.

Where was that from?

That's from the article from Michelle's link. Sorry. Since it was part of the current conversation I just assumed it would be recognized.
  • Like 1

The comments attached to the article. I was surprised to see so many people defending Trump's free speech, regardless of how distasteful they may find it. The liberals in this country could learn a thing or two from them.

I must have read a different batch of comments. They seemed to be overwhelmingly blaming Trump for making the protesters angry.

Can you think of a nasty word to describe someone which uses the letters s, h, i and t?

Ah FUG, as in the context of what SWOH originally said, WGAF?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Umm, I didn't describe anything or anyone with the word created by anagrammising "this".

And I think Likely got the joke.

From source; "I respect the American electoral process. I have faith in what Lincoln referred to as 'the better angels of American nature' and I am looking forward to who I am going to work with after Nov. 4," Trudeau said."

The 'better angels of American nature'. Who might them be?

Love ya mum, love ya team, love ya god.

The three pillars of America.

• Like 1

The left is teetering on the edge of over-playing their hand. They are deluded into thinking they are a majority because the media they consume attempts to portray it. These juvenile actions will work against them. This will lead to more Americans going to Trump's side.

• Like 4

Proud of the protesters, anyway thats what people get if they vote for trump....he seperates people and produces conflicts

• Like 1

Conpsiracy theory time: these "protestors" were planted by the Clinton machine to make Bernie's supporters appear violent and intolerant. :angry:

• Like 1

Proud of the protesters, anyway thats what people get if they vote for trump....he seperates people and produces conflicts

|Certainly it's showing the opponents of this "racist bigot" in their true light. The ironic thing is that these people don't seem to be able to appreciate that it isn't a very nice light. Edited by Otto von Pickelhaube
  • Like 2

You're proud of people who resort to violence because they cannot come up with a cognizant argument to counter DONALD TRUMP, who so far has successfully consumed vast amounts of oxygen while generating exactly no information worthy of discussion?

• Like 2

These idiots don't even know what they're angry about as usual.

Are you referring to the Drumpf protesters, or the Drumpf supporters - because your statement applies to both.

Edited by Leonardo

~

~

BADFINGER

"Got To Get Out Of Here"

Gotta get outta here

A man who feels the space begins to need the wall

Gotta be others near

Maybe someone fills the space behind the fault

Maybe not at all

Maybe not at all

Baby, a man gets wise

To running 'round in circles

He ain't got no choice

Only the fool survives

Running 'round in circles

Trying to make some noise

Got no choice

He's got no choice

Well, I learned to live without face

Learned to feed my soul

I can learn the chords to right place

Hang onto my own

[keyboard solo]

I gotta find a place

See and dream

Who knows which way the dice will fall

I got a mind to face

But maybe I can find my place behind the wall

Maybe not at all

Maybe not at all

Well, I gotta get out of here

Gotta be others near

I gotta find a place

Somewhere without a race

I gotta know it all

Don't wanna be alone

Somewhere I wanna be

Something I really see

Gotta get out of here

Gotta get out of here

Gotta get out of here

~

oldielyrics

link

~

|Certainly it's showing the opponents of this "racist bigot" in their true light. The ironic thing is that these people don't seem to be able to appreciate that it isn't a very nice light.

You're proud of people who resort to violence because they cannot come up with a cognizant argument to counter DONALD TRUMP, who so far has successfully consumed vast amounts of oxygen while generating exactly no information worthy of discussion?

According to "other" news sources, the violence was started by Drumpf supporters who accosted some of the protesters. As the article states, Drumpf was quoted as stating that video footage of one of his supporters punching other people showed "appropriate behaviour".

well, well, 1968 all over again?

well, well, 1968 all over again?

It only takes one generation for the lessons of history to be forgotten.

• Like 1

According to "other" news sources, the violence was started by Drumpf supporters who accosted some of the protesters. As the article states, Drumpf was quoted as stating that video footage of one of his supporters punching other people showed "appropriate behaviour".

Oh of course it was, yes. The Beeb can be relied on to tell the truth.

So you think this will prompt a surge in ratings for Bernie, then?

The left is teetering on the edge of over-playing their hand. They are deluded into thinking they are a majority because the media they consume attempts to portray it. These juvenile actions will work against them. This will lead to more Americans going to Trump's side.

In my experience it's best (and more polite) to assume that those you disagree with have standards at least as high as your own. To assume otherwise reflects worse on you than your opponent.

(And yes, I know I could work harder to achieve that standard.)

Oh of course it was, yes. The Beeb can be relied on to tell the truth.

So you think this will prompt a surge in ratings for Bernie, then?

I didn't say it was the truth, I'm only pointing out that different sources are reporting different stories. I trust the Beeb as much as I trust those other sources that are reporting the protesters "started everything".

And no, I don't think there will be any change to Sanders' popularity from this story. People in the US seem to have fixed their opinions already and I don't see this changing anything except for deepening the polarisation.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 1

The Republican Party has publically denounced Trump and wants one of their guys to be the nominee. While Trump is certainly a big mouth who plays to peoples emotions I don't see him as the racist his opposition is painting him as. Having a porous border and allowing everyone entry into our country really isn't a good idea. Why not jump on Trump for the real reasons he shouldn't be President and stop the illegal rioting. Honestly, these people have probably just helped the Trump campaign.

• Like 5

First bolding: You know so little of what you speak. He was born a millionaire.

Second bolding: America's always been a great country. I've visited a half dozen times. My maternal father's side hailed from there. My mother can trace the history back to having 12 men from different famiies who fought in the War of Indepdence.

America still is a great country.

Please... just please, don't let it go down the tubes.

Right his family gave him a million, he turned it into a billion, should have said a self made billionaire.

Those disrupted demonstrators were of Bernie`s crowd and should not have even been there.

like Ben Carson said who indorsed Thump, you won,nt like the way of life, if Bernie or Hillary wins.

Those Bernie disrupters with signs should not have been there, this was a Trump rally , they were only there to start a fight and a riot.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

Right his family gave him a million, he turned it into a billion, should have said a self made billionaire.

Those disrupted demonstrators were of Bernie`s crowd and should not have even been there.

like Ben Carson said who indorsed Thump, you won,nt like the way of life, if Bernie or Hillary wins.

Exactly what I was saying, this 'riot' against Trump was just the first blow by the Democrats...and it might not work out very well for them. When it gets to the point where people are trying to shut down the opposition's right to speak that's very, very bad. I may not be a Trump supporter but I strongly support his right under the Constitution to hold a rally and speak.

• Like 2

Exactly what I was saying, this 'riot' against Trump was just the first blow by the Democrats...

It wouldn't surprise me if it was the Repukes behind this. They're more motivated to get rid of him than anyone.