Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Low down underhanded trick.

Grandpa Greenman

I think (certainly hope) you are awre that the discussion was about emotional feelings.

Control of physical pain is another matter, but yes even that is amenable to mind control.

Thus a person striking me might make my muscles sore but cant force me to feel anger or fear. There are may alternate places for my mind to go, or to be doing.

My response to you was probably both response in kind to a lot of provocation because it seems to be the only language you understand, and a deliberate choice of demonstrated feeling.

To me there are reasons for how we should treat each other. My response is based on reason and logic rather than emotion. Ie using ridicule and sarcasm is both harmful, and useless in advancing an argument

I don't like the HARM it does, and I don't approve of the way you use it in debate. I will use the rules to stop you if i can, but i don't "feel" an emotional response. of anger or dislike for you. You don't cause my heart to race, or my blood to pound my skin to sweat, or my pupils to dilate. :wub: Sorry.

Oh, I get it like you adapt yourself to write in poor grammar and syntax provoked by our inability to understand simple sentences, because you don't make sense half the time.

Gives the shovel to BTE and says "you dig us out of this BS for awhile."

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

I cant see or visualise mental images. That doesn't stp me mentally rehearsing scenarios in my mind. I cant 'see' a kata strike to the nose, in my mind ......

:D Kata strike to the nose - thats hilarious !

Any Martial Artist could tell you why ...... even a little kid white belt !

..... now .... imagine all of that ( as that is what a kata is ) done to your nose ...... a whole 'Kanku-dai' on your nose :D

Unless he meant ...... visualise a ..... no, not visualise ..... think about a move from a kata done to the nose. Even that doesnt make sense !

,,,, a move from a kata that is meant to hit one in the nose (Gawd ! I am being helpful ti Walker today .... what gives ? ? ? :unsure2: )

I am willing to bet Walker has not a clue of the bunkai ( actual combat applications of the moves done in a kata ... which are performed like a Japanese tea ceremony ) for the moves for the first 10 or so standard katas !

• Like 2

You must mean this outburst BTE,

"this this to feel better because despite your veneer of superiority and arrogance over those you see as less than you, you actually are quite insecure You use classic tactics of picking on a person who is different and not part of a clique or mainstream opinion, and you use sarcasm ridicule and put downs as your attack mechanisms. You seek validation and popularity from other posters and this is important to you . I wont be bullied but i wont give you the satisfaction of responding to your really stupid/ignorant and ill informed personal comments "( Mr. Walker).

The same guy who has insisted for pages now he doesn't feel human emotions and no one can make him feel things he doesn't choose too. Anger is a choice and he is above making it.

I'd say MW is out of control and lashing out in anger, calling you stupid/ignorant and ill informed.

He has not learned what it is he is trying to teach the rest of us.

He claims a lot of experience; he doesn't demonstrate.

See my explanation to BTE. I cant write more. Tears of mirth are blocking my eyes up..

Oh, I get it like you adapt yourself to write in poor grammar and syntax provoked by our inability to understand simple sentences, because you don't make sense half the time.

Gives the shovel to BTE and says "you dig us out of this BS for awhile."

Point out the poor grammar and syntax. I see only a few missing commas Nothing to worry about.

Point out the poor grammar and syntax. I see only a few missing commas Nothing to worry about.

I really wasn't taking you to task, just using it as an example on how you dismiss and deflect any feedback. That you can't be wrong and will come up with anyway to rationalize to yourself you are right and we are wrong,

As in, you were angry at BTE and calling him horrible names for one who is a paragon of control. And you aren't above being provoked like you claim, either.

Oh walkies, like it or not you are just one of us.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

See my explanation to BTE. I cant write more. Tears of mirth are blocking my eyes up..

which of course you yourself chose to feel like :-*

• Like 2

Plane crashes into train, train derails onto freeway and hits cars , cars , train and plane come to a grinding halt in chaos ....

Walker; " Move along folks .... nothing to see here .... "

( and in case you yet again claim incomprehension Walker, I was being 'cryptic' .... that wreck above is describing the progression in your standard post . )

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

:D Kata strike to the nose - thats hilarious !

Any Martial Artist could tell you why ...... even a little kid white belt !

..... now .... imagine all of that ( as that is what a kata is ) done to your nose ...... a whole 'Kanku-dai' on your nose :D

Unless he meant ...... visualise a ..... no, not visualise ..... think about a move from a kata done to the nose. Even that doesnt make sense !

,,,, a move from a kata that is meant to hit one in the nose (Gawd ! I am being helpful ti Walker today .... what gives ? ? ? :unsure2: )

I am willing to bet Walker has not a clue of the bunkai ( actual combat applications of the moves done in a kata ... which are performed like a Japanese tea ceremony ) for the moves for the first 10 or so standard katas !

Dont over think it BTE. A kata is simply a movement or a pattern of movements. One classic strike is to the nose.

It is not only incapacitating due to the pain and sensitivity of the nasal area, but if applied correctly can kill. it is one of the simple basic moves taught in practical self defence programmes rather than full blown martial arts because of its stand alone effectiveness. Breaking the knee cartilage/ligaments with a side swipe to the knee is another.

In women's self defence classes they are then taught to run as quickly as possible while the attacker is hopefully incapacitated. This is not about some ceremonial or rule bound contested bout in an arena where the fight goes on. in any way, but the abilty to quickly and easily defend yourself. If your attacker happens to be a trained martial artist then you are in trouble. if it is some kid or punk or even a single larger and stronger man then the tactic can work very well without years of associated martial arts back ground

I have never had any interest or desire in martial arts, or other kinds of fighting as a recreation or sport, although i admire the aesthetics and philosophies behind many. However I learned from about the age of 16 ( as boys turned into men and became more aggressive ) how to defend myself with the most effective methods .available to me using material i could read and practice with. . They work and that is what counts. That is the true purpose and function of any martial art form.

which of course you yourself chose to feel like :-*

Absolutely, i love the intellectual irony of the conversation, but then I dont find any of the positive emotions in humanity need controlling, only accentuating. i've never made much effort to control love, joy, fun, empathy, humour or any of the other positive human emotions

Plane crashes into train, train derails onto freeway and hits cars , cars , train and plane come to a grinding halt in chaos ....

Walker; " Move along folks .... nothing to see here .... "

( and in case you yet again claim incomprehension Walker, I was being 'cryptic' .... that wreck above is describing the progression in your standard post . )

I like that style of writing, and minimalisation, but find it hard to use.

Dont over think it BTE. A kata is simply a movement or a pattern of movements.

Wrong ... and here we go folks on the ride of Walker trying to get out of being wrong, yet again ... watch him wiggle .... casue he cant stand it ! :)

A kata is a series of movements , not 'a movement ' ( here Walker has to admit my point, as I am correct, but he adds his own wrong definition as well .... this is him setting up the preliminaries to try and argue his way out of being wrong.

One move from a kata , is a move, or a technique; and attack or defense, counter-attack, etc . A kata is a series of them stung together in a form or pattern or 'combination' ( Kumbana , as it is called in Indonesian 'Silat' )

Kata ( or literally: "form"?), a Japanese word, are detailed choreographed patterns of movements - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kata

Here, one can see they are clearly a 'series' of pattaren and no martial artist would say 'do a kata at or on someone's nose' .

So the rest of his argument based on this wrong definition is defunct .... and typical Walker carry on .

I suppose he could just insist he is right and all of martial arts is wrong :-*

One classic strike is to the nose.

It is not only incapacitating due to the pain and sensitivity of the nasal area, but if applied correctly can kill. it is one of the simple basic moves taught in practical self defence programmes rather than full blown martial arts because of its stand alone effectiveness. Breaking the knee cartilage/ligaments with a side swipe to the knee is another.

Totally insignificant .... this is talking about a technique. not a kata . A 'classic strike' is not a kata .

again " The most popular image associated with kata is that of a karate practitioner performing a series of punches and kicks in the air. The kata are executed as a specified series of approximately 20 to 70 moves, generally with stepping and turning, while attempting to maintain perfect form. " - all you had to do was check wiki before you wrote such silliness !

In women's self defence classes they are then taught to run as quickly as possible while the attacker is hopefully incapacitated.

You dont do kata in self defense, you do bunkai . I have done, 'Storming the fortress' ( 1 & 2 ) , The Heron, The Crane .... But I do not know the kata called 'Running Away ' . :D

This is not about some ceremonial or rule bound contested bout in an arena where the fight goes on. in any way, but the abilty to quickly and easily defend yourself. If your attacker happens to be a trained martial artist then you are in trouble. if it is some kid or punk or even a single larger and stronger man then the tactic can work very well without years of associated martial arts back ground

I have never had any interest or desire in martial arts, or other kinds of fighting as a recreation or sport, although i admire the aesthetics and philosophies behind many. However I learned from about the age of 16 ( as boys turned into men and became more aggressive ) how to defend myself with the most effective methods .available to me using material i could read and practice with. . They work and that is what counts. That is the true purpose and function of any martial art form.

And nothing of this is about a kata or kata generally .

Do you even know how do a kata Walker ...... do you even know a proper bunkai from a Kata ?

• Like 3

I like that style of writing, and minimalisation, but find it hard to use.

rozellas twitter

cockys scream

indigo stormfront

on western horizon

peak hour traffic hums

dreamtime in suburbia

--- the whole thing won first prize in a cash prize poetry comp ( no caps or punctuation ) ..... there is a use !

• Like 2

Yes, but you admit to having felt anger; to being human, you certainly stand up for your self barbco, you let it be known in a constructive way that you have had enough, ( setting boundaries is a healthy expression of anger).This is normal healthy functioning anger, because anger at its best seeks to remove conflict, to end injustice, it pushes one to do something to better the situation. Walker thinks anger is destructive, period, it can be when it's dysfunctional, but there is also a constructive side to anger, some of the greatest movements in humanity have been inspired by anger, MLK comes to mind.

There have been times, when acknowledging my anger, I tend to channel it into positive situations, like when I'm working at something and it's like more energy. I find that I am even more alert with that anger. Believe it or not, it doesn't distract me. In the end, when I'm not letting it loose, and using it for constructive ways, I feel much better.

It is not always easy to see ourselves objectively, obviously other people can make her feel ways she doesn't want to feel as shown with her quote.

"I can respect that. I also respect her. I just don't like feeling psychoanalyzed with every comment. That's how it feels and that may not be her intent. I don't mind mirrors but when there seems to be a gross misunderstanding and I try my best to answer or explain, and it still isn't enough; I throw in the towel" ( barbco)

Barbco, my intent is not to pick on you, but to point out that like it or not others can make you feel things you don't want to.

So you talked it out, and in this you seek resolution and this begins by validating the others experience, for you your feelings were valid and worthy of being heard, and in doing so the situation was resolved.

There are some posters giving advice on how to get along and deal with emotions who they themselves do not understand how to do this.

We all like to think we never get upset, or angry, or dossappointed, or hurt by others, but the reality is we do.

And when we do we try and talk things out this is called conflict resolution.

Ah, bingo. Thank you. I think this is what describes what I think I feel one shouldn't do. I thank you for the term. It is what I'm talking about, right?

Let me tell y'all something only a person who has a wonky brain can tell you. You don't have as much control as you think you do. The limbic system in my brain has some damage. It is the part that filters emotional response. It has a short and goes off and on. When it is off, I don't have that much control over my emotions. Sometimes they don't even relate to what is going on. Sometime my emotions just go over the top, add being sick or steroids It doesn't make for a happy day. I don't know I am doing it. My friends who know me, will point it out to me. They know I just need a little help. So I have had to kind of rewire that part of my brain, which with limitations can be done. Breath control is really important. As explained to me by a neuro-psychologist, anger and fear have the same response in the body. You tense and breathe faster and heart beat goes up. You get ready to fight or run, this all goes on before you actually think about it. If you slow down your breathing you can fool the brain into a calm state and release the chemicals that send signals to tell the brain you are now calm. That is why meditation is so good for the brain and body. I have come to the conclusion that everybody's brain has some kind of wonky-ness in it, it is what makes us individuals.

I think this is true, well about me as well anyways. :yes:

When I was in a car accident in 1989, and I received a concussion, ( head punched a hole in the windshield ) right after the accident, the driver ( I was a passanger ) told me I behaved really weird. (I don't remember this) and this tells me how true you are, GmG.

Standing ovation on this post. Clap, clap, clap!

* joins in the clapping*

Anger is natural and a certain amount of it is nessecary for our survival.

Perhaps it's been 40 years since your psychology class and this is why you are so out of the loop to be fair to you, if I can be of any assistance in giving you resources so you can brush up let me know. I would be glad to be of help.

FYI, Your Walker take on emotions could harm others, you might want to use care in what you post.

I just whizzed past his post. Yeah, I saw he was replying to my post, no matter, I find it and him irrelevant. A learned response? Maybe.................... but necessary ;):D

Mr. Walker -

This is a bit off-topic, but Congratulations on your 40-year wedding anniversary. That's an impressive milestone!

That was very nice of you to say. :)
  • Like 2

There have been times, when acknowledging my anger, I tend to channel it into positive situations, like when I'm working at something and it's like more energy. I find that I am even more alert with that anger. Believe it or not, it doesn't distract me. In the end, when I'm not letting it loose, and using it for constructive ways, I feel much better.

Ah, bingo. Thank you. I think this is what describes what I think I feel one shouldn't do. I thank you for the term. It is what I'm talking about, right?

I think this is true, well about me as well anyways. :yes:

When I was in a car accident in 1989, and I received a concussion, ( head punched a hole in the windshield ) right after the accident, the driver ( I was a passanger ) told me I behaved really weird. (I don't remember this) and this tells me how true you are, GmG.

* joins in the clapping*

I just whizzed past his post. Yeah, I saw he was replying to my post, no matter, I find it and him irrelevant. A learned response? Maybe.................... but necessary ;):D

That was very nice of you to say. :)

Yes, this is what you say too. Emotions are natural.

• Like 2

Evidence must be tangible. It must be such that many people from diametrically opposed camps agree that it is evidence. Opinions don't count. That includes "personal experiences" that can't be replicated.

Doug

Atheists have no souls. They are just animals. They live, breed and die and that's it; there's nothing more to them. That is, if we take your scientific reasoning to it's logical conclusion. We theists believe we have souls and man is more than sum of the living clay he was evolved from. Forgive me, but I find my irrational beliefs much more comforting than your cold logic and certainty of knowledge. Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 4

Atheists have no souls. They are just animals. They live, breed and die and that's it; there's nothing more to them. That is, if we take your scientific reasoning to it's logical conclusion. We theists believe we have souls and man is more than sum of the living clay he was evolved from. Forgive me, but I find my irrational beliefs much more comforting than your cold logic and certainty of knowledge.

In the end, that is probably the bottom line what works the best for each of us.

I am a soulest Athiest and it works, although I do think the concept is cool, especially soul mates.

• Like 3

Atheists have no souls. They are just animals. They live, breed and die and that's it; there's nothing more to them. That is, if we take your scientific reasoning to it's logical conclusion. We theists believe we have souls and man is more than sum of the living clay he was evolved from. Forgive me, but I find my irrational beliefs much more comforting than your cold logic and certainty of knowledge.

Hey ! I resent that ......... Doing a 'kata' upside your head bro . :D

• Like 2

In the end, that is probably the bottom line what works the best for each of us.

I am a soulest Athiest and it works, although I do think the concept is cool, especially soul mates.

What does your heart tell you? No science, no logic nor stale philosophy, what does your secret self whisper to you in the night watches?
  • Like 2

Hey ! I resent that ......... Doing a 'kata' upside your head bro . :D

Oh, just climb aboard the unprovable illogical bus with rest of us. :tu:

Wrong ... and here we go folks on the ride of Walker trying to get out of being wrong, yet again ... watch him wiggle .... casue he cant stand it ! :)

A kata is a series of movements , not 'a movement ' ( here Walker has to admit my point, as I am correct, but he adds his own wrong definition as well .... this is him setting up the preliminaries to try and argue his way out of being wrong.

One move from a kata , is a move, or a technique; and attack or defense, counter-attack, etc . A kata is a series of them stung together in a form or pattern or 'combination' ( Kumbana , as it is called in Indonesian 'Silat' )

Kata ( or literally: "form"?), a Japanese word, are detailed choreographed patterns of movements - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kata

Here, one can see they are clearly a 'series' of pattaren and no martial artist would say 'do a kata at or on someone's nose' .

So the rest of his argument based on this wrong definition is defunct .... and typical Walker carry on .

I suppose he could just insist he is right and all of martial arts is wrong :-*

Totally insignificant .... this is talking about a technique. not a kata . A 'classic strike' is not a kata .

again " The most popular image associated with kata is that of a karate practitioner performing a series of punches and kicks in the air. The kata are executed as a specified series of approximately 20 to 70 moves, generally with stepping and turning, while attempting to maintain perfect form. " - all you had to do was check wiki before you wrote such silliness !

You dont do kata in self defense, you do bunkai . I have done, 'Storming the fortress' ( 1 & 2 ) , The Heron, The Crane .... But I do not know the kata called 'Running Away ' . :D

And nothing of this is about a kata or kata generally .

Do you even know how do a kata Walker ...... do you even know a proper bunkai from a Kata ?

Who is full of it? Not me mate. My post already explained and answered your questions

a kata strike traditionally would be one movement within a pattern of movements or kata but i was speaking of using ONE movement from within that kata, not the whole pattern or form, as a single offensive strike to incapacitate an opponent

I know you are desperate to prove me wrong or make me look stupid, but i explained all this before. If i had realised you would get so hot and bothered i would have gone into more detail but it seemed totally unnecessary in the context of the post. As i said, i've never learned the art form of martial arts, only the best most effective ways from a number of forms to defend my self.

I don't have the time or interest to get involved in the rest, although i find the philosophy behind it interesting. I am also only interested in being able to hit a bullseye with a pistol at 25 metres, or a moving target with a throwing knife, not learning the whole philosophy and history about firearms. or the nature of ballistic trajectories and the importance of correct weighting in a throwing knife.

remind me agai WHO is derailing this thread?

Oh my word, Breathe people breathe..... Breathe in 7 beats.....Hold 7 beats....breathe out 8 beats.... repeat until calm.

Sage... sage... sage...

smudging.jpg

I banish all negative energies from this space.....SO MOTE IT BE... as above, so below....

Carry on, folks.

• Like 4

I don't believe anyone should put down anyone else's beliefs or point of views. I may agree with someone on their assessment, but you're right. If it's right for you, ( and it works for you ), then you know better for yourself than others.

I don't get this, how can one assess they have a soul and others don't? But then, even that is debated as having existed. I believe they do, no matter the situation of an afterlife.

What does your heart tell you? No science, no logic nor stale philosophy, what does your secret self whisper to you in the night watches?

Night watches?! Mine moonlights!! :D;)
  • Like 1

Mr Walker and back to earth, will you please just put each other on ignore!

Sorry GreenmansGod -

Thread closed for moderator review.

• Like 6