Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bermuda Triangle mystery almost solved?

Still Waters

This is a years old theory and seems to me the most logical.

• Like 1

the navy planes didn't report engine problems until they ran out of gas. if they ditched at sea, or if they crashed on land where are the planes.

What navy planes? Are you inferring that only one set of planes was lost in th triangle and that they reported the problem ahead? And yes it would sink a ship silly, and it would also be sudden, unexpected and possibly without a trace. Think about what happens if a giant bubble comes up beneath the ship. It could be sucked straight to the bottom. Also im pretty sure this was already discovered to have been what stalled a plane and was why they first pointed toward this phenomenon being the problem like 10 years ago but i could be wrong. To answer your question though, at the bottom of the ocean of course where else would you expect a plane crashed at sea to be?

Edit to add: i love paperdryers question. That would be the most telling bit. we need more subs exploring bermuda... Unsinkable and if we are lucky maybe they will see it happen.

Edited by Nnicolette

What navy planes? Are you inferring that only one set of planes was lost in th triangle and that they reported the problem ahead? And yes it would sink a ship silly, and it would also be sudden, unexpected and possibly without a trace. Think about what happens if a giant bubble comes up beneath the ship. It could be sucked straight to the bottom. Also im pretty sure this was already discovered to have been what stalled a plane and was why they first pointed toward this phenomenon being the problem like 10 years ago but i could be wrong. To answer your question though, at the bottom of the ocean of course where else would you expect a plane crashed at sea to be?

Edit to add: i love paperdryers question. That would be the most telling bit. we need more subs exploring bermuda... Unsinkable and if we are lucky maybe they will see it happen.

i am referring to the five navial aircraft, who were flying over Bermuda and thought they were over the Florida keys. the last transmition, the lead pilot ordered the flight to ditch together. the next day a rescue flying boat also disappeared.

It's just an old idea cleaned up and given a new coat of paint. I read about the methane theory decades ago. https://prezi.com/lngg95f4_xuj/the-bermuda-triangle-theory/

• Like 1

Why, if it's true, would magnetic anomalies occur?

I once read if methane is released in huge quantities it would reduce oxygen in the air and a plane engine could stall. Perhaps this is how some planes disappear.

pilots are trained to be able to fly if their engine goes out. again the plane would be able to fly throguh the bubble of gas and restart its engine. the size of bubble needed to sink a large baot would regester on sensers around the world. and maybe kill people on nearby islands.