Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Jesus really nailed to the cross?

Still Waters

I've technically died twice in my life. What does that make me to God?

One of his children that still has work to do here on Earth.

• Like 1

1426127357799.jpg

Maybe when they pierced his side, they really pierced it Vlad style.

I forgot about this. ( remembering reading up on Vlad ( probably the figure who enhanced the Dracula persona ;) ) I forgot that he did that to his victims. I would think that would be worse to crucifixion. :o

Maybe Jesus and his buddy Judas switched places, and Judas bit the bullet for his friend to prove is faith.

conspiracy-theory-alert_200px.jpg?w=620

Could be. Kind of like England's Edward the fifth's brother possibly switched with a peasant's child? ;):hmm:

When is all this going to stop ? If he did if he didn't what does it matter now ?

It's good to consider and reflect on things. Who knows what might come of it. ;)

You've still got a reason to be here man. God has a plan for you, He calls people through very subtle means, dreams, experiences, etc. Sometimes even when people don't believe, they die, and come back. As a result, others are saved. With an experience like what you've mentioned, you could do a lot of good for others, and in doing so, you would also grow spiritually, which is what it's all about.

Is that truth with proof, or conjecture?

If he were tied he may have survived which may explain all the Jesus encounters my his disciples. Maybe they took him down alive and he and Mary caught the next boat to France with the kids.

• Like 3

1426127357799.jpg

Maybe when they pierced his side, they really pierced it Vlad style.

Numbers 21:9

So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

John 3:14

Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up

John 3:15

that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.

220px-Star_of_life2.svg.png

Don't forget, Jesus is in "God's" image, 2 Corinthians 4:4

Edited by Mystic Crusader

You've still got a reason to be here man. God has a plan for you, He calls people through very subtle means, dreams, experiences, etc. Sometimes even when people don't believe, they die, and come back. As a result, others are saved. With an experience like what you've mentioned, you could do a lot of good for others, and in doing so, you would also grow spiritually, which is what it's all about.

God made mankind thick-skulled so he wouldn't pick up on hints very easily, then only makes himself known with hints? What kind of foresight is that? Seems a better idea is to hit us over the head with the evidence - that way he might get our attention.

Doug

• Like 2

Numbers 21:9

So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

As I recall, archeologists found a copper snake at one of the campsites used by the Exodus after it left Eloth. Maybe I can find the article.

Doug

If he were tied he may have survived which may explain all the Jesus encounters my his disciples. Maybe they took him down alive and he and Mary caught the next boat to France with the kids.

Hmmm....this seems like a good idea for a book. We could tweek it so we do not get sued...Dan Brown did.

• Like 2

God made mankind thick-skulled so he wouldn't pick up on hints very easily, then only makes himself known with hints? What kind of foresight is that? Seems a better idea is to hit us over the head with the evidence - that way he might get our attention.

Doug

Look at it like this...say you're sitting in a class listening to your i-pod. You're distracted by everything that's going on around you. You can't typically hear what your teacher is saying, because you're not listening, and you're listening to something else. You may not even care to listen to your teacher because the subject matter is uninteresting to you. As the student, it's completely up to you whether you want pass the class, or not. If you're close to the teacher, sitting in the front, you'll have a better chance at hearing what the teacher is saying. Same thing applies to being spiritually close to God.

• Like 2

Seems a better idea is to hit us over the head with the evidence - that way he might get our attention.

I'm pretty sure that God has already done that. 10,000 years of recorded human history have shown us what works and what doesn't. So far, Judeo-Christian ideology, when held accountable to its own principles, has proven to be the path most likely to lead to greater freedom and more stable governments. It has to be maintained diligently, or the inevitable corruption begins. How many hundreds of years did it take for Western Civilization to finally wipe out Western-style slavery? And now, in our post-Judeo/Christian society, we're gradually replacing slave labor with sex slavery and sex trafficking. That's just one example. The farther we drift, the worse it becomes. In my opinion, if God has to hit us over the head any harder than that, we'll all have flat heads.

Edited by simplybill

Is that truth with proof, or conjecture?

The actual proof can be different for everyone. So, it could all be looked at as conjecture, based on someone else's view. It's up to each of us to decide for ourselves, but I believe the key is to not close ourselves down to that which we don't know, and can't explain.

When is all this going to stop ? If he did if he didn't what does it matter now ?

It matters the same today as it did then.....crucifixion is crucifixion, no matter what they hold you up with.

What it does do though is prove that the bible is filled with inconsistences.

• Like 4

The actual proof can be different for everyone. So, it could all be looked at as conjecture, based on someone else's view. It's up to each of us to decide for ourselves, but I believe the key is to not close ourselves down to that which we don't know, and can't explain.

uh. Proof is what you see of it. So no it's not different for everyone. It's the same.

It matters the same today as it did then.....crucifixion is crucifixion, no matter what they hold you up with.

What it does do though is prove that the bible is filled with inconsistences.

It doesn't prove anything. There are no inconsistencies or conspiracies in The Bible; unless people start trying to come to their own conclusions.

• Like 1

What a revelation. The Bible is inconsistent. Who would have ever thought a book with center columns of corrections could be inconsistent?

• Like 5

the bible is inconsisent, becuase it was writenn by so many different people.

• Like 1

the bible is inconsisent, becuase it was writenn by so many different people.

Kinda like crime scene witnesses, with their depositions written generations later, by probably other people.

• Like 4

that would be like cutting up and selling a syringe today.

If you say so .

In any case ... if you had collected all those wooden pieces ( 'relics' ) from the real and original cross .... you would have been able to build Noah's Ark :-*

• Like 4

I dunno, but he seems like a good guy. If he really did exist and all. Seems kind of too good to be true.

It would be nice if there was such a person. And it would suck if that happened to him, but it probably would. Good people don't seem to fare very well in this world.

And famous and popular people always get a 'mythological framework' set up around them ... even when still alive - right now, today . Or when they are dead, we might even insist they are not ....

... hang on to your hat before you enter into this strange realm of the internet ; http://hyperdiscordia.crywalt.com/sacred_heart_elvis.html

• Like 1

The Romans would have extensively re-cycled crosses, the timber consumption from single usage would have denuded the landscape of trees, they were such prolific killers of those who bucked the system.

J W 's teach that it was a pole and his hands nailed to the pole crossed above his head .

torturestake.png

Edited by back to earth

at least with a 'calvary cross ' one can draw more esoteric symbolism ;)

BallFOB1880sEnglish1.jpg

eee2f365c1e378414a2e0403497eae4d.jpg

m18KEfUI0hqKm6GTKkyG9tQ.jpg

• Like 3

It doesn't prove anything. There are no inconsistencies or conspiracies in The Bible; unless people start trying to come to their own conclusions.

No inconsistences in the bible? or contradictions?

http://atheism.about.com/od/biblecontradictionserror/

http://infidels.org/library/modern/theism/christianity/errancy.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AInconsistencies_in_the_Bible

I am not saying read the links, just saying its pretty debatable stuff.

As a non religious person, I do not follow a god to decide what suits my beliefs, therefore, what I read pops out as inconsistences and contradictions.

My conclusions are not based on what I WANT to belief, they are based on what is written.

• Like 4

Hmmm....this seems like a good idea for a book. We could tweek it so we do not get sued...Dan Brown did.

It would make for a beautiful love story... :wub: Mary saves his life and they make a new life else where. Classic romance, happy ending, works for me.

• Like 2

No inconsistences in the bible? or contradictions?

http://atheism.about...adictionserror/

http://infidels.org/...ty/errancy.html

https://en.wikipedia...es_in_the_Bible

I am not saying read the links, just saying its pretty debatable stuff.

As a non religious person, I do not follow a god to decide what suits my beliefs, therefore, what I read pops out as inconsistences and contradictions.

My conclusions are not based on what I WANT to belief, they are based on what is written.

Ditto :tu:

• Like 3