Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Jesus really nailed to the cross?

Still Waters

I made a mistake:

In my earlier post, I wrote: "The Mosaic Law was very specific about the length of time a slave could be held: a maximum of seven years, after which the remaining debt was forgiven." That applied to Hebrew slaves only. Slaves taken in warfare were typically enslaved for life.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 1

So not the sun? any indication as to where the light on Earth comes from?

So before man sinned, he was not human??? so what terminology does "man" come under if not a human?

whats your take on dinosaurs and evolution?

"Let there be light": Science calls this the big bang. Separating light and dark: light being matter, dark being dark matter/dark energy. Before man sinned we were pure spirit, not 'clothed' in our meat suits. Yes, we were human.

Conscription is compulsory. Some argue that it violates liberty and associate it with servitude and slavery.

That you differentiate between the two is fine; but, in this thread we've already confused [Ancient] Egyptian Slavery with American Slavery.

Today we still see employment conditions which may unreasonably impinge on a person's freedom; such as, surrendering your passport to your employer.

Whether, or not, it condones slavery is rendered moot; by way of it's instruction "to give to Caesar, what belongs to Caesar".

Parts of the KJV describe "servants under the yoke" and their masters are in fact compelled "do them service".

Perhaps Brubaker heeded this advice

51TjyXso24L.jpg.

You could also interpret it as an affirmation of the ideal of "leadership as an act of service."

That's the thing the The Bible is full of allegory; and conjunction with the fact it was not originally written in English - it's easily corruptible.

• Like 3

Yeah .... except for one tiny detail ..... the Romans didnt stick people up on crosses like that .

what do you mean at after the slave revolt the lined both sides of the rosd out of rome for 200 miles with crosses.

That's the thing the The Bible is full of allegory; and conjunction with the fact it was not originally written in English - it's easily corruptible.

Bingo, that is the problem isn't it, as are a lot of so called "sacred" books. They were written by men and they are easily corrupted.

Edited by GreenmansGod
  • Like 2

Bingo, that is the problem isn't it, as are a lot of so called "sacred" books. They were written by men and they are easily corrupted.

Verily, it is read by men

Edited by Mangoze
  • Like 2

I think this issue was settled by the Norse gods. I saw this bumper sticker in reference to Thor: "Our god has a hammer, yours was nailed to a tree. Any questions?"

How to Train your Dragon ... Old School ~

~

Dragon_gods_-_Project_Gutenberg_eText_15250.jpg

~

250px-Spirit_of_the_well_-_Project_Gutenberg_eText_15250.jpg

~

• Like 1

what do you mean at after the slave revolt the lined both sides of the rosd out of rome for 200 miles with crosses.

When you can construct a proper sentence, and it turns out to be a question, I will answer it.

• Like 2

Shaken nor stirred, today? :tsu:

Probably.......... ;):w00t:

How much ya wanna give me?!?!? :D :D :D

Yes, they did, and it was done in a way that further de-humanized Africans. The movie "12 Years a Slave" has a scene where the plantation owner is "preaching" to the slaves, and he quotes a bible passage about masters and slaves (taken out of context). It was horrifying, but it really brought home the dehumanizing culture of Western-style slavery.

The actual book (12 Years a Slave) was written by Solomon Northrup himself. He was an amazing man!

Totally agree! And I have seen bits of that movie. Read a bit about the author, (not the book :( ) and the situation behind the making of the movie.... a bit.

And yeah, I remember that scene too. :yes:

You mean there is a good kind of slavery? Must be a definition I am unaware of. As soon as you declare another human property they are dehumanized.

Yeah, I agree with this whole heartily as well. :yes:

When you can construct a proper sentence, and it turns out to be a question, I will answer it.

Ha ha ha ha ha this cracked me up.

Omg, I even showed my son this one and he cracked up.

BTE, best response ever!

This gets an award!

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

I have to know what someone actually means before I can answer them .

I know I am going against convention here ....... I'm like that , unconventional.

• Like 2

when you can come up with a proper response let me know. and it wasn't a question.

when you can come up with a proper response let me know. and it wasn't a question.

I have always known bte to have have a proper response. Reading your posts, sometimes, or most of the times, I am not sure how to take them. ( I guess, that could be said of me too, I'll admit it. :o ) but bte, naaaw, I think he has intentional posts points nailed. ;):yes:
  • Like 2

I dunno, but he seems like a good guy. If he really did exist and all. Seems kind of too good to be true.

It would be nice if there was such a person. And it would suck if that happened to him, but it probably would. Good people don't seem to fare very well in this world.

In one sense it doesn't even matter if he existed. The STORY of his life shows us a template by which an ordinary man can live, and illustrates how the power of " The spirit" can motivate uplift and support a human being

Sure if you live like Christ you will be abused and reviled by many today, who fear that example of human living because it shows what they are also capable of, and threatens their existing values and priorities. . They will seek out any imperfection or contradiction and because you are NOT Christ they will find some. Even so, your life, and that of those you come in contact with, will be strengthened, empowered and improved, as you try to think and act as Christ did, in the story told of his life. .

Okay, then state your statement clearly and I will respond to it.

But dont tell me you are going to deny what you wrote was a mess , regarding spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax ? And you are now going to try and turn it back on me as if it is somehow my fault ?

Or instead, you could try to get your point across sensibly .... if there is a point to what you are on about ?

I'll start you off again ... you said jesus carried his cross ,

I said the Roman's didnt crucify people like that

... your turn

Edited by back to earth

I just clicked on the first link because I like to learn. The first link and the first few 'inconsistences' are below:

the listed biblical inconsistencies could be taken as biblical contradictions.

GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, then separated light and darkness.

GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day) wasn't created until the fourth day.

GE 1:11-12, 26-27 Trees were created before man was created.

GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were created.

GE 1:20-21, 26-27 Birds were created before man was created.

GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before birds were created.

GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.

GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals were created.

Now, just by reading that, I will tell you that person didn't understand The Book of Genesis. ALL of those things were first created in heaven, in spirit BEFORE they took on a material existence. Eden was a perfect place where God first created all of these things. It wasn't until man sinned that they covered themselves and took on human form.

As for the light first created...that was not the sun.

What makes you so sure you understand Genesis? If you understood what the Bible is, you would expect contradictions.

all savred boooks are written by men.

What makes you so sure you understand Genesis? If you understood what the Bible is, you would expect contradictions.

Insanity

I think you missed post 117

They must be delicious! :D

Maybe. .Some people certainly seem to devour them. Savoury or unsavoury.

Maybe. .Some people certainly seem to devour them. Savoury or unsavoury.

I was thinking "What in the world are they talking about?" I get it now. I'm a bit slow I guess.

• Like 1

I was thinking "What in the world are they talking about?" I get it now. I'm a bit slow I guess.

I think you're cool. :tu::D

And maybe I should have added in the 'fiber content' thought as well. ;):P

But, I digress, people make mistakes all of the time. Or, it's their computer. Mine refuses to allow me to type 'm's' the first try. :o

• Like 3