Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A historian in the U.K. has discovered secret notes hidden in the text of England's first printed bible.

Recent analysis of the Latin Bible, which was published in 1535 by Henry VIII's printer, has revealed fascinating English annotations made during the 16th-century Reformation. The Reformation was a period of immense upheaval in England, which saw the Church of England break away from the authority of the Catholic Church in Rome.

Housed in the library of Lambeth Palace, which is the official London residence of the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Bible is one of just seven surviving copies.

http://news.discover...ible-160317.htm

• Like 2

Oh oh ~ someone call Tom Hanks ... Dan Brown is gonna be going berserk over this one ~

• Like 4

I find it interesting that all the interest in the "Gospel According to Judas" has completely waned. From what I read on the subject, it was very interesting if real.

• Like 1

I admit that I was one of those who used to think that the Reformation just happened overnight. But I educated myself on the matter and no longer believe that was true. Mostly thanks to my reading of historical fiction and then asking, "Was it really like that?"

• Like 1