Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are there Trump supporters here?

pallidin

I don't know why they fear Trump, he doesn't hate them, all he said is we have to go into meeting with the Palestinians neutral to get a deal. It doesn't mean he doesn't support Israel.

• Like 4

Poll: Utah would support Democrat if Trump becomes Republican presidential nominee,

http://www.aol.com/a...Lid=-1602712478

Do they know if Trump does get denied the candidacy, just how many republicans and Trump supporters will also vote for Hillary? The republican party better wise up :)

Utah is messed up.

A lot of people won't vote at all if they won't let Trump run. I won't vote for anyone else, the rest are all for amnesty, open borders and support these free trade agreements even though they aren't good for us.

Edited by Ashotep
  • Like 3

I think you expect him to receive a warm welcome at AIPAC, embraced to the backdrop of cheers and standing 'O's. Most of the Israeli press I've seen on him is quite negative. Obviously they will go negative on any candidate who doesn't slavishly spout devotion to the state of Israel but this is different. In his case they FEAR him. They realize they have no leverage and will be possibly shafted through his "deal making". Russia, especially worries them. I pray I am wrong but I fully anticipate that Hillary will escape judgement for her crimes against this nation AND be given the top job. If that happens then the rest of you guys, Canadian, Brit, Ozzie... you'd better start thinking about a post "American" world where China and Russia call the shots. The EU isn't going to ever be on the same level of power because they have their own welfare societies to fund. For all the complaining and even vitriol I see here for my country, if you think either of those two have a better view on civilized behavior and power projection then you are about to be disabused of it.

*sigh*

So it all boils down to power then. Power and government control. Are those the determining factors of how and what we think? If so, our souls are sold.

All that vitriol and complaining you see here for your country, my country, that's why they're supporting Donald Trump. Like Faber just said, Donald Trump will wreck the nation, Hillary Clinton will wreck the world. Trump says Americans are particularly stupid, and the anti-Americans celebrate. However, Donald Trump has offered nothing to make us think that he's going to uniquely stand up to Russia and China. What did Trump say about Syria, Putin, Ukraine, Russia to give you such an idea? Trump does business with Chinese and Mexicans. I have one of his suits, it's Made in Mexico. So... I am to just trust in a hypocrite because he sezz so? Unbelievable.

Donald Trump has said he only takes advantage of the system because it's so screwed up (bankruptcy laws, eminent domain, frivolous/unsettled lawsuits, cheap foreign labor/manufacturing) and he of all people is magically going to make America great again with even more expenses, more taxes, more invasions of our privacy, more violations of our rights, more military, more social security, more taking care of women and veterans, more walls and yes, more terrorist threats against us, and people just believe in this idiot and all his dumb ideas anyway. Surreal.

The neocon gig is twofold, it's to make Russia the enemy and start a sunni-shiite civil war in the Middle East. If you think Hillary is less likely to play along, I don't know what you're reading. Hillary is going to be the Taster's Choice in every neocon taste test.

Obviously they will go negative on any candidate who doesn't slavishly spout devotion to the state of Israel

And you can admit this, and you think it's okay? These are the media sources where you get your information!? The ones using your country like a b****? The ones who keep up with all the slavish spouting?

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 2

If any body going to make deals to bring peace to this world,and give America credit , it will be Trump.

• Like 3

I think that guy would turn out to be all talk and no actions. What a shocker... He's turned the whole GOP primaries into a reality show. That's what he seems to be good at. It's just one of those narcissist businessman looking for more fame and what could be better than running the most powerful state in the world?

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 1

I'm told that in a recent Australian local govt election, not the U.S., many informal "voters" pencilled in an extra name and box, and voted for this non-candidate ! The name ? Donald J Trump ! :o What that tells me is that a percentage of the population are done with stereotypical politicians. And Trump is tapping into a rich vein of dissatisfaction.

• Like 7

Why would anyone support such a person?

My support for Trump is impersonal. I haven't really looked too deeply into the details of his career and qualifications for the position. Frankly, I don't really want to either. He's already famous and he's already successful and he appears like the sort of man that enjoys the same things I enjoy.

His familiarity in the public is what makes him the easiest to support. That's the main reason he's beating his opponents at the polls.

I would like to think that voting for Trump will be the right decision. When he's in office I believe he will fix many things that are in dire need of a fixing. That's what America wants, more attention to our immediate dilemmas within the economy and broader social issues that are ignored.

Edited by Zalmoxis
  • Like 3

From the outside looking in it is the best show in a long time

You know, I saw some episodes of his first season of the Apprentice way back like what was that, 10 years ago? He was entertaining, like a hard business man who knew what he was doing. He hadn't seemed ready for the spotlight back then but I think now he's really accustomed to all the public attention. He was famous before then but all that was print, not TV star status. But since I haven't seen his show since the 1st season I don't really have an opinion on that.

Edited by Zalmoxis

in a passionate effort

When Washington, Jefferson, Franklin and their contemporaries established America as a nation they were very passionate about politics. You can sense their passion and their enthusiasm in the official documents they issued forth. Likewise, voters through the centuries were always very passionate and supportive of their representatives. It's not a thing to scoff at that Trump is revitalizing America's enthusiasm and re-sensitizing us where recent efforts to desensitize us into numb undead zing brained driveling fools has won out. If Trump gets our blood pumping and our seats empty it's a good thing. Being passionate about what you know is true and getting the chance to be an activist on your own behalf is good for the attitude and we should all get inspired to go out there and make America great again and not let depressors like you slap on the chains of inaction and undignified introversion and tell everyone to hey stop getting riled up let's be cold weiners in a frozen toilet bowl.

Edited by Zalmoxis
  • Like 3

At least he talks and says things that most of us are thinking, without being a ***** about it, and trying not to " hurt anyone's feelings".

Feelings are overrated.

I don't know why they fear Trump, he doesn't hate them, all he said is we have to go into meeting with the Palestinians neutral to get a deal. It doesn't mean he doesn't support Israel.

He's said, hasn't he, he wants to remain on good terms with Israel (which is after all an extremely sensible position politically), but like other things like Syria, he'd rather stay out of the Palestinian issue.

I think you expect him to receive a warm welcome at AIPAC, embraced to the backdrop of cheers and standing 'O's. Most of the Israeli press I've seen on him is quite negative. Obviously they will go negative on any candidate who doesn't slavishly spout devotion to the state of Israel but this is different. In his case they FEAR him. They realize they have no leverage and will be possibly shafted through his "deal making". Russia, especially worries them. I pray I am wrong but I fully anticipate that Hillary will escape judgement for her crimes against this nation AND be given the top job. If that happens then the rest of you guys, Canadian, Brit, Ozzie... you'd better start thinking about a post "American" world where China and Russia call the shots. The EU isn't going to ever be on the same level of power because they have their own welfare societies to fund. For all the complaining and even vitriol I see here for my country, if you think either of those two have a better view on civilized behavior and power projection then you are about to be disabused of it.

H. Clinton wouldn't be able to stand up to the Tyrant Putin (so evil and devious that he's scaling down his involvement in Syria; that just shows how he's so anxious to project his power around the world :unsure: ) , and American power around the world would weaken under Clinton? However do you draw that conclusion? :unsure2:
  • Like 1

My support for Trump is impersonal. I haven't really looked too deeply into the details of his career and qualifications for the position. Frankly, I don't really want to either. He's already famous and he's already successful and he appears like the sort of man that enjoys the same things I enjoy.

His familiarity in the public is what makes him the easiest to support. That's the main reason he's beating his opponents at the polls.

I would like to think that voting for Trump will be the right decision. When he's in office I believe he will fix many things that are in dire need of a fixing. That's what America wants, more attention to our immediate dilemmas within the economy and broader social issues that are ignored.

You know, I saw some episodes of his first season of the Apprentice way back like what was that, 10 years ago? He was entertaining, like a hard business man who knew what he was doing. He hadn't seemed ready for the spotlight back then but I think now he's really accustomed to all the public attention. He was famous before then but all that was print, not TV star status. But since I haven't seen his show since the 1st season I don't really have an opinion on that.

"I will vote for him because he is famous". Is that really what US politics have become ? :no:

I think all politicians are crooks. They all vote straight down party lines in almost every case. They do not vote how they truly feel, they vote how their party leans. That's BS in my opinion.

I think Trump would cross party lines. Nearly all politicians hate Trump. Democrats and Republicans.

I also enjoy how he shoots from the hip. It is refreshing to hear someone say what they feel, not what a speechwriter told them to say.

I don't always agree, but I feel I always know where Trump stands.

Does anyone feel what Hillary spews is honest?

• Like 7

Trump is popular because he connects with the public on a visceral level. He speaks in public the way we talk with our friends and people we trust. He's not playing politics, he's being a patriot in a field controlled by politicians. In every other aspect of our lives, we pick our idols, heroes, friends and foes, not with charts and statistics and polls, but by gut instinct. We are seldom wrong. It's only in politics where we abandon the common sense that we live by. Trump is not a politician and the people sense that. I think most people are fed up with the current state of American politics, regardless of which side you have supported in the past. His one great asset is that he is accustomed to being a CEO. This fits the qualification for President better than any Congressman. There are enough policy wonks in Washington to meet every need in that department. The executive doesn't need to know every detail and bill number to be effective. Quite the opposite. We've seen the effects of micromanagement at that level. It doesn't work. It keeps them from seeing the big picture. Business teaches efficiency. Without it you cannot be successful. Government teaches waste. Without it you cannot pay back favors. If Obama has shown us anything, it's that you can run the country while still playing a lot of golf. That's because it's the management team that does the grunt work. Of all the candidates running, Trump, with the possible exception of Kasich, is the only one to ever assemble such teams and then allow them to do their jobs. In most cases where America has been great, it was based on emotion rather than polls. The American Revolution didn't have one chance in a thousand of turning out the way it did. It was the passion of the people that made the difference. Trump is reigniting that passion.

• Like 4

Unfortunately, being president means saying the right things at the right time in a polite fashion. Remember Reagan jokingly saying "We begin bombing in five minutes." and all the panic that caused?

That caused panic?

Nope, just googled it and you can hear people laughing when he said it

Reagan was known for his great sense of humor and told jokes like that all the time.

• Like 2

I could see a regular Joe making it through some kind of successful internet campaign in the future. No MSM needed. It would likely take years and years of growing popularity but in the end it will take money. However money will come to anyone who gets popular enough on the Internet. I'm not saying I know the strategy it would take and I do know that it will take a lot of work and motivation and it should. No couch potatoe or working stiff without the time or gusto could ever climb that ladder but technically they could. I don't think long time wealth, celebrity or a career in politics will always be prerequisites for a candidacy although wealth, or at least perpetual donations, and celebrity must be achieved in the long run. Who knows what a hundred more years of the Internet will bring?

My fear here is that I doubt we have all those years left if things go on as they are now.

• Like 5

When Washington, Jefferson, Franklin and their contemporaries established America as a nation they were very passionate about politics. You can sense their passion and their enthusiasm in the official documents they issued forth. Likewise, voters through the centuries were always very passionate and supportive of their representatives. It's not a thing to scoff at that Trump is revitalizing America's enthusiasm and re-sensitizing us where recent efforts to desensitize us into numb undead zing brained driveling fools has won out. If Trump gets our blood pumping and our seats empty it's a good thing. Being passionate about what you know is true and getting the chance to be an activist on your own behalf is good for the attitude and we should all get inspired to go out there and make America great again and not let depressors like you slap on the chains of inaction and undignified introversion and tell everyone to hey stop getting riled up let's be cold weiners in a frozen toilet bowl.

"Slap on the chains of inaction"? You are either joking, or you grossly misinterpreted my position. I am in no way advocating apathy, not in the slightest.

There are more options besides trying what you and those like you have tried countless times before, expecting a different result every single time you did it. Inaction, is more akin to letting yourself be swayed into granting your support to someone who should fix the problems for you {again} - even hailing from thesame establishment controlling your government - than to actually invoke a real revolution.. Which would take some real effort, come with real risks, uncertainty, danger. True change is forced from the bottom up. A righteous energy for change is being attracted and misdirected, hijacked, made ineffective by this golden spoon raised tycoon falsely positioning himself to be the establishment's greatest enemy.

What I am scoffing is the mindless fanboy zombies cheering on meaningless void promises and infantile statements from a member of the establishment they expect to battle.. the establishment. Being passionate about politics is getting acqainted with actual content, subject matter facts, critically discussing and/or posing solutions.. not acting like rowdy sportsfans watching their favourite team play, ready to attack those not rooting for 'their team'.

Edited by Phaeton80

He's said, hasn't he, he wants to remain on good terms with Israel (which is after all an extremely sensible position politically), but like other things like Syria, he'd rather stay out of the Palestinian issue.

H. Clinton wouldn't be able to stand up to the Tyrant Putin (so evil and devious that he's scaling down his involvement in Syria; that just shows how he's so anxious to project his power around the world :unsure: ) , and American power around the world would weaken under Clinton? However do you draw that conclusion? :unsure2:

American power around the world HAS to weaken going forward because we cannot afford it any longer. Less important than that reality though is the fact that even with the power we possess NOW, it might as well be gone by the way Obama wields it. I am not saying we should become more active around the globe but some action should be taken to restrain Putin's ambitions as well as Xi's before they both decide to go for broke these last 10 months. All Obama would need to do (hopefully) is firmly state that no further aggression in the Pacific rim or the Baltic states would be tolerated. The Hildebeast will not be respected by any leader anywhere in the world - especially in the M.E. THAT is what will weaken America and prove dangerous over time. If her ego gets ruffled she might just decide to unleash hell on someone just to show she CAN. That is not a strengthening of our country though, it is a weakening.
  • Like 3

My fear here is that I doubt we have all those years left if things go on as they are now.

I agree totally! I honestly believe America is on the brink. 4 more years of the same things we've endured these last 7 will be the end of this nation as we've known it and what is left will be weaker, meaner and less moral.
  • Like 5

"I will vote for him because he is famous". Is that really what US politics have become ? :no:

When has it not been that in any election anywhere on the planet? It always becomes a race between the two most famous people in politics.
  • Like 1

I agree totally! I honestly believe America is on the brink. 4 more years of the same things we've endured these last 7 will be the end of this nation as we've known it and what is left will be weaker, meaner and less moral.

Obama never actually defined his "Hope and Change" but I, for one, have had enough of it.

• Like 7