Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forum update features preview

Saru

Looking forward to checking out the new mobile version.

• Like 2

Long live UM

HIP HIP HOoRAY HiP HiP...................

• Like 2

sounds great

• Like 2

Will there be an option for different skins?

Will there be an option for different skins?

There are no plans to offer multiple skins at this time.

Will a member's current friends list carry over to the follow system?

Will a member's current friends list carry over to the follow system?

This was actually something that was looked in to at length as there is a converter tool to do this. The problem though is that if friends are converted automatically in to followers then they will begin receiving notifications that they didn't sign up for and might not want.

On that basis it's best that friends aren't carried over - anyone who wants to follow someone else can then do so after the update.

• Like 1

will the look of the forum change also

I've built the new template to resemble the current design as closely as possible so while it won't be exactly the same as the current forum, it will look very similar. The header, logo and color scheme are also more or less the same so it will all still feel like UM.

For mobile devices though the new design will be a significant improvement over the current one.

I've built the new template to resemble the current design as closely as possible so while it won't be exactly the same as the current forum, it will look very similar. The header, logo and color scheme are also more or less the same so it will all still feel like UM.

For mobile devices though the new design will be a significant improvement over the current one.

i guess many people got used to this look iv seen it before that people dislike to change what they are used to, me personally i don't mind visual changes

i guess many people got used to this look iv seen it before that people dislike to change what they are used to

Yes I think it's fair to expect that some people might not be too keen at first because we've been running the current forum software for so long, but ultimately it is something that needed to be done sooner or later and I think the new version is an important step forward for the site.

Also regarding the design - the colors and layout can always be tweaked later so nothing is set in stone.

i know that chat has been on the chopping block in the past.. i did not see mention of it being axed yet... will it still be around after the update?

I'm so excited!!!!!! I am especially excited to be able to filter through what new things we would like to see. That will be wonderful. Thank you Saru!!!

• Like 4

After reading about these changes I just want to say thank you Saru for starting this forum. All your hard work and time is greatly appreciated.

• Like 4

i know that chat has been on the chopping block in the past.. i did not see mention of it being axed yet... will it still be around after the update?

No, we won't be renewing the chat room this time around so it will be gone after the update.

Will the About Me section be unchanged?

(I have had trouble with it disappearing in the past)

Will the About Me section be unchanged?

(I have had trouble with it disappearing in the past)

There will be an "about me" section - it shouldn't disappear either.

Will this upgrade also fix the forum logo so it doesn't double anymore on a high resolution monitor (e.g. 1440p)?

Will this upgrade also fix the forum logo so it doesn't double anymore on a high resolution monitor (e.g. 1440p)?

I don't know what you mean - in what way does the forum logo double on a high-res monitor ?