Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions hit Brussels airport,

docyabut2

Not really. All religions want control. Their methods just vary.

There's big difference between just being told, "Do what we tell you or you will go to Hell when you die" verses pulling out a large knife and cutting off your head or placing you in a cage and burning you alive or bombing/shooting you into bloody bits at a concert/airport/holiday party.

• Like 6

I'm not a big fan of Trump - but I do agree with all of his comments and views concerning ISIS in the article.

Yeah, it appears that Trump got this one right.

• Like 5

There's big difference between just being told, "Do what we tell you or you will go to Hell when you die" verses pulling out a large knife and cutting off your head or placing you in a cage and burning you alive or bombing/shooting you into bloody bits at a concert/airport/holiday party.

Again, different methods but same result expected.

ALL religions are a cancer. They are oppressive and subjugating.

This statement is rather unfair. I am a Christian and I never once have felt oppressed or subjugated. I've only ever felt uplifted, joyful and productive. I think it would be more fair to make the connection between power hungry people using religion to manipulate and harm others.

• Like 1

This statement is rather unfair. I am a Christian and I never once have felt oppressed or subjugated. I've only ever felt uplifted, joyful and productive. I think it would be more fair to make the connection between power hungry people using religion to manipulate and harm others.

Agree to disagree.

I'd rather be in a room full of Christians than a room full of ISIS supporters. I'd rather be told I'm going to Hell verses having my head lobbed off. This constitutes a very big difference IMO.

• Like 6

You may claim you are not an irrational number, but in this case you are being an irrational person. Do you really mean to equate preaching to the masses to mass murder?
  • Like 2

Do you really mean to equate preaching to the masses to mass murder?

Did you see me say that anywhere? I don't think so.

Imaginary - metaphorically speaking of course.

Who would you rather spend your time with if you were captured and held hostage - ISIS or the Pope ?

• Like 4

Imaginary - metaphorically speaking of course.

Who would you rather spend your time with if you were captured and held hostage - ISIS or the Pope ?

I'd probably just kill myself in either case.

Not really. All religions want control. Their methods just vary.

Not really. when was the last time pagans tried to take over? Or blow themselves up killing others? Etc etc. It's mainly just the Massive organized religions that do that sort of stuff these days.

• Like 1

Not necessary...ISIS would lop off your head (they don't like atheists either) and the Pope would just let you go in peace.

• Like 3

No you wouldn't - ISIS would have you all tied up - just before they chop off your head.

The Pope on the other hand - would probably get weary of you - bless you - then send you on your merry way.

• Like 4

Agree to disagree.

Sigh! Fine :(

Edit: You know you're a rascal

Edited by Rinna

I lived in a section of town which was like 60% Muslim and 40% Christian. My landlords were Christian I never had any problems now my landlords are Muslims and I don't have a problem either. The former area had plenty I mean really plenty of churches and mosques . I was asked to accept Jesus in my life (conversion) thrice by 2 churchs else I was going to hell I had a long long debate on why should I convert and am I really going to hell for not accepting Jesus the conversation made me realize that Christians are doing what I term a soft and charming terrorism where as Islam is doing hard terrorism both led by their religious leaders. I have also observed individually Muslims are regular people but when they are in some majority they are bit biased . The concept of brotherhood is really strong and they fight back when an non Muslim as a fight with them no matter whose fault which started the fight.

• Like 2

I said "Do you really mean to equate preaching to the masses to mass murder?"

Did you see me say that anywhere? I don't think so.

Right here:

"Not really. All religions want control. Their methods just vary"

and here:

"Again, different methods but same result expected"

You are clearly stating they are all the same and that one method equals another.

Start of thread derailment.

and then, are you kidding me? Your link talks about 10,000 to be admitted. I was talking about the fictitious 10's of thousands that were admitted to the US just last year, alluded to by Merc.

Please.

You can be as legalistic about the topic as you like but the fact is that our president, as usual, has spoken and it WILL be as he wishes. The immigrants from Syria CANNOT be properly vetted yet he is ensuring that they are going to be allowed unfettered entry and movement. When you allow 10000 mostly young men to enter your country and move about freely then an event like Brussels is just a matter of time. More than 30 innocent human being died in Brussels yesterday. THREE men pulled that off. The only thing governing how high the body count will be is their access to sophisticated weaponry.
  • Like 4

I hope the authorities in Belgium can succeed in gaining intel and capturing the dominant radical weirdo's there before more such terror events happen over there.

Of course, the same for all of Europe and the rest of the world.

• Like 2

Please. What percentage of Protestants are in the KKK? There are fewer Christians in violent hate groups than Muslims in homicidal terroristic groups. Your post sounds "nice", but it's not based in facts and reality.

I think Matthew had it right about this type of thinking:Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. Edited by and then

Belgium are as "special" as ALL these other places: please refer to the link, because the list is too long to put here:

https://en.wikipedia...rrorist_attacks

and with this history, the west have allowed them to build mosques and flourish.....jeeze! it is beyond belief what the political leaders have allowed to happen because of their multicultreligious ideas. If there is one religion which just should not be allowed to flourish in non Islamic countries = islam is IT!

I'll go a bit further... if, as a Christian my fellows of faith were acting in such a way I would NOT constantly be crying about mistreatment by those who were suffering the consequences. I'd EXPECT to be found guilty by association. But I would see that coming and would loudly declare and work toward helping people understand that I wanted to help stop those wrong doers in any way possible. By just raising a fuss about being "mistreated" all they are doing is appearing to provide cover for the killers. This is going to get really ugly and they'd better start planning ahead on which side they choose to stand. I'm not sure how Europeans will deal with this kind of slaughter happening regularly but I can tell you that there are places in America that will become "no go zones" for Muslims. They just really won't want to find themselves there...

Thread cleaned

Can we keep the comments civil and respectful please - don't let recent events be an excuse to peddle hate.

• Like 2

You can be as legalistic about the topic as you like but the fact is that our president, as usual, has spoken and it WILL be as he wishes. The immigrants from Syria CANNOT be properly vetted yet he is ensuring that they are going to be allowed unfettered entry and movement. When you allow 10000 mostly young men to enter your country and move about freely then an event like Brussels is just a matter of time. More than 30 innocent human being died in Brussels yesterday. THREE men pulled that off. The only thing governing how high the body count will be is their access to sophisticated weaponry.

You call it "legalistic", I call "realistic" when Merc incorrectly asserted that the U.S. admitted 10's of thousands of young Syrian males last year (re: page 3, post #38). That's patently false and it panders to people's unrealistic fears. In fact about 3,000 Syrian refugees have been admitted in the last five years, which are mostly families or persecuted Christians.

I'm also wondering why Merc hasn't honourably addressed his falsehood.

By the way, where did you hear that these future refugees were mostly young men? Or is that a made up "fact" as well?

Edited by Likely Guy

You call it "legalistic", I call "realistic" when Merc incorrectly asserted that the U.S. admitted 10's of thousands of young Syrian males last year. That's patently false that panders to peoples unrealistic fears.

I'm also wondering why Merc hasn't honourably addressed this falsehood.

By the way, where did you hear that these future refugees were mostly young men? Or is that a made up "fact" as well?

The UN said that we accepted 96K+ muslim refugees in 2014 alone http://www.economist.../daily-chart-15

In all cases Obama's decision making has sshown itself to be disastrously bad and now he has had to admit that the prisoners he had released from Gitmo are right back at work killigAmericans and others http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONGRESS_GUANTANAMO?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-03-23-12-58-40

20150620_woc677_1.png

Obama plans on 10k more this year in addition to the 1500 Syrians allowed in last year http://www.cnn.com/2...yrian-refugees/

This is not acceptable when these people have shown a propensity for not assimilating and then getting angry when the world doesn't adapt to their misogynistic ways. Why are rich Islamic countries taking these refugees in?

Edited by Merc14

The UN said that we accepted 96K+ muslim refugees in 2014 alone http://www.economist.../daily-chart-15

*snip pretty graph*

Obama plans on 10k more this year in addition to the 1500 Syrians allowed in last year http://www.cnn.com/2...yrian-refugees/

This is not acceptable when these people have shown a propensity for not assimilating and then getting angry when the world doesn't adapt to their misogynistic ways.,

That's a pretty ... meaningless graph and not at all what you said in post #38. Now it 96,000 refugees "+ muslims."

Can't admit when you were wrong? Where's the 10's of thousands of fighting age Syrian males admitted last year?

Edited by Likely Guy

That's a pretty ... meaningless graph and not at all what you said in post #38. Now it 96,000 refugees "+ muslims."

Can't admit when you were wrong? Where's the 10's of thousands of fighting age Syrian males admitted last year?

If I wrote it like that it was wrong and very poorly worded.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1