Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions hit Brussels airport,

docyabut2

If I wrote it like that it was wrong and very poorly worded.

I appreciate that. I really do.

This is not acceptable when these people have shown a propensity for not assimilating and then getting angry when the world doesn't adapt to their misogynistic ways.

So true...

Why are rich Islamic countries taking these refugees in?

Good question - why should other countries be expected to take on the responsibility - when other exceedingly wealthy Islamic countries (whom believe in the same religion as their cousins) wont pull their weight more ?

• Like 2

Good question - why should other countries be expected to take on the responsibility - when other exceedingly wealthy Islamic countries (whom believe in the same religion as their cousins) wont pull their weight more ?

If we're still talking about Syria here, like Jordan, and at a time Lebanon, they were the most secular Arab, largely progressive nations in the Middle East. Syrians are largely progressive Muslims. If I was a Syrian, the last place I'd want to go to is a repressive wahhabist nation like Saudi Arabia.

"What do you mean my daughter can't walk alone/ drive/ get an education and has to be kept covered from head to foot?"

To be fair, S.A., U.A.E and the other gulf states poor money into the refugee camps in Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon but that's just to keep them 'secular heathens' over there.

And since six million Syrians, mostly families have crowded the refugee camps for the last five years... I pretty much don't think that five years ago ISIS radicals embedded themselves in a crowded hellhole with the hope of, in future years wreaking havoc in the free world.

The "able bodied Syrian male" is the boogeyman in the discussion. They are able bodied migrants, the refugees are the families left behind. The refugees are the ones in need. Most however don't want to go and would rather go home when the war is over.

Canada has 36,000,000 people and let in 25,000 Syrians in six months and it was largely painless. They are whole families, single women and LGTB that after many years in the camps gave up from ever going home. I welcome my new Canadians.

America has 300,000,000+ people and allowed 3,000 Syrian refugees in the last five years, largely the same type of people we let in.

Edited by Likely Guy

Oooh no. (Mr. Bill)

This is where I hear again "Good luck with that Likely", "I hope you don't get blown up" and "We'll see."

To prevent a radical;

Embrace them, engage them, interact with them. Keep telling them that it's okay to be different.

Remember Alan Kurdi? He was the 3 year old little boy whose body washed up on the beach in Greece last year. He had family here in Canada and the survivors came over (private sponsors). I think that it was his 10? year old cousin picked up a hockey stick and wanted to learn how to skate and become a Canadian.

Hell, I don't skate that well.

Edited by Likely Guy

America has 300,000,000+ people and allowed 3,000 Syrian refugees in the last five years, largely the same type of people we let in.

What excuse has the Obama administration given for only allowing in 3,000 refugees? He made no great humanitarian effort until it became a crisis in Europe, which made more Americans aware of it.

Edited by Michelle

What excuse has the Obama administration given for only allowing in 3,000 refugees? He made no great humanitarian effort until it became a crisis in Europe, which made more Americans aware of it.

From what I remember it was 31 or 33 republican governors saying they won't allow Muslims in. That probably didn't help.

And 10,000 Syrian refugees in the future is by no means a 'great humanitarian effort'.

It's a tear in a bucket, not even worth a spit.

Edited by Likely Guy

From what I remember it was 31 or 33 republican governors saying they won't allow Muslims in. That probably didn't help.

And 10,000 Syrian refugees in the future is by no means a 'great humanitarian effort'.

It's a tear in a bucket, not even worth a spit.

If you would be so kind, when you get the chance, I would love to see a link to what was actually voted on. Honestly, I have no idea where to start with so little information on the specifics.

• Like 1

If you would be so kind, when you get the chance, I would love to see a link to what was actually voted on. Honestly, I have no idea where to start with so little information on the specifics.

It's late now. If it's raining tomorrow, I'll try to do it early as I'll have an excuse for no yard work.

But, are you referring to the governor's/states ban on the refugees? That's pretty well documented.

Those governor's hate refugees. http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/paris-attacks-syrian-refugees-backlash/

That's the first google search out of 492,000.

Or is the future potential ten thousand refugees?

Catch ya' on the 'morrow. :sleepy:

• Like 1

One area of Brussels is a known hotbed of ISIS activity. It's believed it's where all the attackers in Paris, Brussels and the attack on the train last year between Amsterdam and Brussels.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ight-molenbeek/

Abdeslam denied any knowledge of the Brussels attack.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/12202656/Brussels-bombing-Belgium-terrorist-attacks-Isil-live.html

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

If we're still talking about Syria here

I imagine we are - since the conflict in Syria seems to be - by far - the biggest flood of recent mass migration since WWII.

If I was a Syrian, the last place I'd want to go to is a repressive wahhabist nation like Saudi Arabia.

Is that so ? - for a Syrian or other citizen from any other 'average Arab country' - were you aware that it's next to impossible to get a temporary visa from some of these rich Arab countries ? - even worse for a full work permit.

Sooo! - it's not just about whether all of the refugees would prefer to avoid living in SA because of repression - it also has to do with Saudi Arabia's policies concerning taking in refugees.

Under the circumstances now is as good as time as any - to change their policy in regards to accepting refugees from Syria. Wouldn't it seem to you - to be the most moral and responsible thing to do ?

As far as I am also aware - many of these rich gulf countries certainly did not put the 'welcome mat' out either for these lost people. Seems Germany and other European and Western countries did though - hence why they flooded in by the droves. (I would certainly go to a place where I was welcomed - not somewhere I wasn't).

To be fair, S.A., U.A.E and the other gulf states poor money into the refugee camps in Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon

Sure - some rich Arab countries have sent some aid and 'crumbs' to refugees. But what about offering them some safe havens and settlements on all the vast stretches of land they control ?

I'm not sure - but have they offered any major financial incentives to other countries to host the refugees?

IMO - these wealthy Arab countries haven't made much of a difference at all concerning this Syrian refugee crisis...seems to me they simply fobbed them off onto others to take care of by turning a blind eye.

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 1

Not necessary...ISIS would lop off your head (they don't like atheists either) and the Pope would just let you go in peace.

Maybe Christians aren't so bad after all that people make them out to be when compared to Islamic regimes like ISIS.

• Like 1

If we're still talking about Syria here, like Jordan, and at a time Lebanon, they were the most secular Arab, largely progressive nations in the Middle East. Syrians are largely progressive Muslims. If I was a Syrian, the last place I'd want to go to is a repressive wahhabist nation like Saudi Arabia.

"What do you mean my daughter can't walk alone/ drive/ get an education and has to be kept covered from head to foot?"

To be fair, S.A., U.A.E and the other gulf states poor money into the refugee camps in Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon but that's just to keep them 'secular heathens' over there.

And since six million Syrians, mostly families have crowded the refugee camps for the last five years... I pretty much don't think that five years ago ISIS radicals embedded themselves in a crowded hellhole with the hope of, in future years wreaking havoc in the free world.

The "able bodied Syrian male" is the boogeyman in the discussion. They are able bodied migrants, the refugees are the families left behind. The refugees are the ones in need. Most however don't want to go and would rather go home when the war is over.

Canada has 36,000,000 people and let in 25,000 Syrians in six months and it was largely painless. They are whole families, single women and LGTB that after many years in the camps gave up from ever going home. I welcome my new Canadians.

Your optimism is NOT mirrored by any of the western intelligence agencies, in fact they are all in lockstep that ISIS and other terrorist organizations are infiltrating every country with terrorist cells. The vaunted screening process our idiot in chief here in the states brags about is a shill and the danger is real, one only has to look at Europe to see the threat. If you defense is that the terrorists are already in-place then it makes ZERO sense importing more of the same doesn't it?

Listen, I am all for Canada taking ALL of the Arab refugees scheduled for the USA and I will gladly clap as you try and assimilate them into your culture. I am quite sure you will have as much luck as the Belgians, Dutch etc. etc. My feeling is a country should only take immigrants that make their country better and who desire to assimilate the culture. What we get instead is another unassimilated group that wishes to have their own laws in-place for themselves (Sharia or Wahhabism in this case).

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

I lived in a section of town which was like 60% Muslim and 40% Christian. My landlords were Christian I never had any problems now my landlords are Muslims and I don't have a problem either. The former area had plenty I mean really plenty of churches and mosques . I was asked to accept Jesus in my life (conversion) thrice by 2 churchs else I was going to hell I had a long long debate on why should I convert and am I really going to hell for not accepting Jesus the conversation made me realize that Christians are doing what I term a soft and charming terrorism where as Islam is doing hard terrorism both led by their religious leaders. I have also observed individually Muslims are regular people but when they are in some majority they are bit biased . The concept of brotherhood is really strong and they fight back when an non Muslim as a fight with them no matter whose fault which started the fight.

Wow, how can you even compare the two equally? Christians aren't killing anyone, let alone innocent civilians and babies.

That's a very weird post you made.

It may seem simple minded, but the only way to win a war is to defeat the enemy. So far, in the U.S., our leaders have been unwilling to even acknowledge the enemy. When confronted with the realities, they are more concerned with not hurting peoples' feelings that they are with retaliation. When people propose harsh measures they claim it will help ISIS recruit new members and so their response is to do nothing. When we have engaged the enemy on the battlefield it's with one hand behind our back. I've said it before and I'll say it again, in a battle where one side uses swords and camels and the other side uses tanks and missiles, victory should go to the better armed. The battle should be over in a week. When that is not the outcome it is no longer a war but a political statement written in the blood of our own citizens. We must first recognize the enemy. They are Muslims. If not all then it is up to them to do the separating, not us. Next, we must not let them into our country. When we wanted to avoid mad cow disease, we banned all beef and cattle imports. We didn't try to sort the good from the bad, the stakes were too high. Do we value our cattle more than ourselves? Third, when we do engage them we must fight to win. We can read license plates from space. Surely we know where the terrorist strongholds are. Why have we not turned sand into glass for a 20 mile radius around their hideouts and training camps? Every victim of terror attacks is on our leaders' hands as well as the actual perpetrators. This can be stopped. We only have to want to.

Bravo! I totally agree with you.

This is absurd that these monsters continue to kill innocents and babies too! They are sick minded monsters that must be obliterated from the face of the earth and the fact that Obama has not been willing to do what's necessary means that he is an accomplice.

My heart breaks for all the families who have lost loved ones.

• Like 2

Maybe Christians aren't so bad after all that people make them out to be when compared to Islamic regimes like ISIS.

Truly cannot imagine what anyone says about Christians that's bad.

Jesus said to turn the other cheek, he taught forgiveness and mercy and preached love eternal. A far cry from what Islam is showing the world right now.

I'm Catholic, and I wish I could be as good as I should be, but really difficult to watch babies murdered and then want to turn the other cheek. For me,anyway.

• Like 1

Wow, how can you even compare the two equally? Christians aren't killing anyone, let alone innocent civilians and babies.

That's a very weird post you made.

Nope I didn't compare them equally I just shared my experience.

I wish I could post my thoughts......

It's late now. If it's raining tomorrow, I'll try to do it early as I'll have an excuse for no yard work.

But, are you referring to the governor's/states ban on the refugees? That's pretty well documented.

Those governor's hate refugees. http://www.cnn.com/2...ugees-backlash/

That's the first google search out of 492,000.

Or is the future potential ten thousand refugees?

Catch ya' on the 'morrow. :sleepy:

I know quite a few individual states rejected the idea of Syrian refugees, but Obama didn't propose bringing any here until 2015. The war had been going on for years. It wasn't until the refugees became a serious issue in Europe that Obama showed any concern for them at all. He wanted to go in and oust Assad for his own nefarious purposes and the whole general US population objected to it.

• Like 1

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Suicide bombers who blew themselves up in Brussels were originally considering an attack on a nuclear site in Belgium, but arrests started last week may have forced them to switch to targets in the Belgian capital, the DH newspaper said.

Referring to an incident in December that prosecutors confirmed in which militants covertly filmed the home of an unidentified senior official in the nuclear industry, the paper quoted a police source as saying two of the suicide bombers, brothers Khalid and Ibrahim Bakraoui, had filmed the daily routine of the head of Belgium's nuclear research and development program.

The police source did not address why investigators thought they had continued to plan to go through with the plan despite the discovery of the covert video three months ago and the ramping up of security around nuclear plants as a result.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/brussels-attackers-were-targeting-nuclear-plant-changed-minds-151916691.html?nf=1

it could have been worst

• Like 1

What exactly do these monsters hope to gain from such attacks?

It befuddles my mind, and here are several aspects in their beliefs...

- Killing "infidels" is a mandate which gains favor from Allah.

- If you die yourself via suicide/homocide bomb Allah confers "special honor"

- In some radical Islamic sects, the family members of the suicide bomber are bestowed with life-long financial security.

- The forced spread of harsh Sharia law is desired and required in their mentality.

- The "promise" of personal riches during "expansion"

- A specific focus on indoctrinating adults, young adults and children in order to perpetuate this mindset.

Edited by pallidin

WASHINGTON, March 24 (Reuters) - Two brothers who carried out suicide bombings in Brussels this week were known to U.S. government agencies before the attacks, according to two sources familiar with the matter.

The sources said that Khalid El Bakraoui and Brahim El Bakraoui were both on U.S. government counter-terrorism watch lists before the attacks.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/brussels-bomber-brothers-were-on-us-watch-lists-before-attack-sources/ar-BBqTbrF?li=BBnb7Kz

we knew about these too.

• Like 3

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Suicide bombers who blew themselves up in Brussels were originally considering an attack on a nuclear site in Belgium, but arrests started last week may have forced them to switch to targets in the Belgian capital, the DH newspaper said.

Referring to an incident in December that prosecutors confirmed in which militants covertly filmed the home of an unidentified senior official in the nuclear industry, the paper quoted a police source as saying two of the suicide bombers, brothers Khalid and Ibrahim Bakraoui, had filmed the daily routine of the head of Belgium's nuclear research and development program.

The police source did not address why investigators thought they had continued to plan to go through with the plan despite the discovery of the covert video three months ago and the ramping up of security around nuclear plants as a result.

https://www.yahoo.co...16691.html?nf=1

it could have been worst

I saw about the nuclear plant too, and I really think that it could well come in time.

I saw about the nuclear plant too, and I really think that it could well come in time.

If we let it. We expel kids for pointing fingers or chewing their Pop Tarts into the shape of a gun, but we let terror suspects roam free, willfully tying our hands while we wait for their attack. I'm surprised the terrorists have not been more effective, given the blind insanity of our leaders. Modern society is way more vulnerable than we allow ourselves to admit. Yet we treat terrorists the same as shoplifters, with a sheet load of rights and the luxury of a trial. In fact, there are no such thing as "terror suspects", only those who have not completed their mission. This is war, they are soldiers. The normal rules do not apply and will be used against us. What threat is jail to a person who would willingly die for their cause? I'm not a lawyer, but I suspect that in law school there is a course on Loopholes and Their Use. We see them applied in cases involving huge payouts. Surely there's a way to exploit some of these to stay just this side of legal yet fight this war as if our lives depended on it.

Edited to correct a typo.

Edited by Big Jim
  • Like 3