Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions hit Brussels airport,

docyabut2

To be sure, the actions of Islamic jihadists are a "sub-culture" of Islam.

Yep - and they're also "sub-human"...

An extremely dangerous one at that.

I doubt you'll get much opposition on those thoughts pallidin.

Yep - and they're also "sub-human"...

I doubt you'll get much opposition on those thoughts pallidin.

My thoughts are that the Koran, Qur'an, is a framework which potentially, in it's own teaching, allows this.

• Like 1

To be sure, the actions of Islamic jihadists are a "sub-culture" of Islam.

An extremely dangerous one at that.

I think most people would agree. But it's strange that we never hear from the "good Muslims". We hear about them, we rationalize to ourselves that they must exist. But they are strangely silent. I don't know the exact structure of Islam but most religions have a supreme leader. Catholics have the Pope, Anglicans have the Archbishop of Canterbury. Buddhists have the Dalai Lama and so on. Why do we never hear from the Big Ayatollah or Head Mufti condemning the actions of the supposed minority? Have they ever come out and publicly excommunicated anyone? If the actions of the terrorists are truly reprehensible to the keepers of the faith then why aren't they doing all they can to separate themselves from them? It is their silence that breeds suspicion of all Muslims. Perhaps it is justified.
  • Like 2

I think most people would agree. But it's strange that we never hear from the "good Muslims". We hear about them, we rationalize to ourselves that they must exist. But they are strangely silent. I don't know the exact structure of Islam but most religions have a supreme leader. Catholics have the Pope, Anglicans have the Archbishop of Canterbury. Buddhists have the Dalai Lama and so on. Why do we never hear from the Big Ayatollah or Head Mufti condemning the actions of the supposed minority? Have they ever come out and publicly excommunicated anyone? If the actions of the terrorists are truly reprehensible to the keepers of the faith then why aren't they doing all they can to separate themselves from them? It is their silence that breeds suspicion of all Muslims. Perhaps it is justified.

This advert was placed in British newspapers after the Paris attacks by the Muslim Council of Britain.

634.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max

But I don't want to hear from 'leaders', or the Islamic equivalent of the pope. I'd like to hear this from the ordinary folk. Those Muslims that are the same kind of people as everyone else. Those that aren't obsessed with ideological differences. The ones that just want to get on with their lives and do the best for their families.

Edit.

It won't post the image, but can be seen here

http://www.theguardi...rt-paris-attack

Edited by Arbenol
  • Like 1

But I don't want to hear from 'leaders', or the Islamic equivalent of the pope. I'd like to hear this from the ordinary folk. Those Muslims that are the same kind of people as everyone else. Those that aren't obsessed with ideological differences. The ones that just want to get on with their lives and do the best for their families.

I'd much rather hear from the leaders. They could have an impact on many.

Just to add to your excellent post, no Muslims come out and denounce sharia. No Muslim says we don't want sharia and we trust and obey by nation's law and constitution.

• Like 1

I would be interested to know more of what your take is on this regeneratia - ie; as who do you think would stand to gain ?

AFAIK Muslims are bloc voters.they will vote for the party which appeases them and they'll not vote in the interest of the country so I believe some political parties are building up their voter base.

AFAIK Muslims are bloc voters.they will vote for the party which appeases them and they'll not vote in the interest of the country so I believe some political parties are building up their voter base.

Between that and catering to illegals, it seems that some candidates are all too willing to sell out their country for a chance to lead it.

It's funny when you think about it but the same ones who are all for sustainability when it comes to agriculture and energy don't seem to embrace the concept of having a sustainable country.

• Like 1

Yep - corruption at it's finest. I'm at the point of (I don't care what they do)....leave them to their own demise. Edited by Astra.

Yep - corruption at it's finest. I'm at the point of (I don't care what they do)....leave them to their own demise.

It is truly disgusting.

I have a question...

In cases such as the Brussels bombings, what is the point on the mindset of ISIS?

What do they hope to gain... internally attacking a country that does not bow down to terrorist activity?

I guess I don't understand.

For some countries attacks only increases resolve to address the attacks... As opposed to crumbling in fear.

So, why does ISIS attack countries which simply have no desire to "bend" and actually will fight back.

For some countries attacks only increases resolve to address the attacks... As opposed to crumbling in fear.

So, why does ISIS attack countries which simply have no desire to "bend" and actually will fight back.

Their own manifesto spells this out.

They want to provoke fear and overreaction.

Fear that will marginalise and alienate Muslims living in Western nations.

Overreaction in further bombings or even feet on the ground in the Middle East. Perpetuating the circumstances that contributed to their existence.

In short. Chaos.

And we seem well on the way to giving them exactly what they want.

Edit to add: Didn't you ask this about a week ago. I responded then. What do you think?

Edited by Arbenol
  • Like 2

I don't understand it either.

What 'terror-experts' in the media continuously repeat is that they want us to hate Islam, Muslims...

Their goal is that we should hate them? Well, they are on the right track then...

I really don't understand this kind of reverse psychology...

Their own manifesto spells this out.

They want to provoke fear and overreaction.

Fear that will marginalise and alienate Muslims living in Western nations.

Overreaction in further bombings or even feet on the ground in the Middle East. Perpetuating the circumstances that contributed to their existence.

In short. Chaos.

And we seem well on the way to giving them exactly what they want.

OK, this could be the correct explanation.

Now, and this is what I preach for years, we should treat those thugs as simple psychopaths and murderers and don't talk so much about 'War'.

• Like 1

Edit to add: Didn't you ask this about a week ago. I responded then. What do you think?

Yeah. My own thoughts, spoken openly here would not be acceptable via UM guidelines, and I need to respect that as this is not my forum.

Yeah. My own thoughts, spoken openly here would not be acceptable via UM guidelines, and I need to respect that as this is not my forum.

I mean, why do you think they behave as the do?

I'm sure you could articulate that without breaking any forum rules.

I mean, why do you think they behave as the do?

I'm sure you could articulate that without breaking any forum rules.

Well, I feel that the crux of the problem is specific to Islam, as their is no allowable "New Testament of Islam"

As such, there are passages in the Koran which advocates and demands the conversion or blatant killing of "non-believer's"

Edited by pallidin

Well, I feel that the crux of the problem is specific to Islam, as their is no allowable "New Testament of Islam"

As such, there are passages in the Koran which advocates and demands the conversion or blatant killing of "non-believer's"

Keep in mind also that their time frame is much longer than ours. We in the west tend to want quick solutions. Our longest wars have lasted years while their cause goes back centuries. They have been converting, suppressing or killing infidels since the ink was barely dry on the Koran. The 9/11 Nineteen lived here for years while they prepared for their attack. Few in the west have that type of patience. So while some of their actions may seem futile to us, they may be part of a plan to be carried out over generations. Most wars have been disputes over property or resources. When the goal is reached or the enemy repelled it is over. When your goal is to dominate the world and rid it of non-believers there can be no quick resolution. Knowing that from the outset, they are content to be a part of the process and let their sons carry on when they're gone.
  • Like 4

Keep in mind also that their time frame is much longer than ours. We in the west tend to want quick solutions. Our longest wars have lasted years while their cause goes back centuries. They have been converting, suppressing or killing infidels since the ink was barely dry on the Koran. The 9/11 Nineteen lived here for years while they prepared for their attack. Few in the west have that type of patience. So while some of their actions may seem futile to us, they may be part of a plan to be carried out over generations. Most wars have been disputes over property or resources. When the goal is reached or the enemy repelled it is over. When your goal is to dominate the world and rid it of non-believers there can be no quick resolution. Knowing that from the outset, they are content to be a part of the process and let their sons carry on when they're gone.

I think you've hit on a important point. Our leaders tend to think no further than 4 or 5 years into the future. They remain largely motivated by their term of power.

Sure. But that doesn't necessarily compel people to act on them.

The end goal, as stated by Daesh, is the emergence of a global caliphate. These actions are part of their method of making that happen. Chaos creates fertile ground for recruitment and the power void into which they step - see Syria and Iraq.

But mix a little end-times lunacy (a final apocalyptic battle between Islam and Christianity) into that and you've got all the reasons they need to attack Western targets.

The problem I have is "Islam promotes peace"

That simply is not true.

Now, there are those of Islamic faith which creed peace, but the core of Islam itself does not.

I have a question...

In cases such as the Brussels bombings, what is the point on the mindset of ISIS?

What do they hope to gain... internally attacking a country that does not bow down to terrorist activity?

The goal of radical Islam is simple, the eradication of all other religions and the people kneeling at the altars of those religions, as well as non-believers such as atheists and agnostics. Nothing less is acceptable in their minds. Period. The weapon available to them at this time is the use of extreme terrorism in the form of televised beheadings, burning people alive in a cage, blowing up places where children play etc. in an attempt to paralyze communities, then countries and finally the world with fear until they can eventually take political control of those systems. There is no negotiating, no compromises to be made, no placating that can be done, that is all a figment in our silly president's mind, they have a single goal and centuries to accomplish it.

May seem crazy to you but it works for them and they know that they can use weak-willed political systems against themselves. They laugh when western countries beat themselves up about whether or not to take more refugees inside their borders, even after they, ISIS, have told those governments that they will infiltrate killers into the ranks of those refugees! To them it is inconceivable that a people could be stupid enough to destroy themselves in some kind of political/ideological suicide pact but time and again their targets do just that! Who does such a thing? Well, we here in the west do and as long as we comply they will ship the tools of destruction in. Why wouldn't they? They see Obama scolding his own people for resisting further incursions and shake their heads in disbelief and drop more human time bombs into place.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

I would be interested to know more of what your take is on this regeneratia - ie; as who do you think would stand to gain ?

Ad Astra,

Good name and a good beer.

OK, I think it is Israel and Saudi Arabia doing it, with major complicity from the CIA sections that are ruled by GHW Bush.

It is an instinctive reaction. I am 55 years old, and am just within the past several years letting go of the memes we have been taught and taking an objective look at things. I had no opinion of Israel prior to the last decade, had no bias one way or another. Then I began to piece things together with the knowledge that we are being lied to in the media on a daily basis.

Now when I say Israel, I am not talking about a religion. However in mainstream media, this kind of critical thinking is not applied, and they make Jews and Israel synonymous when they are NOT synonymous in any real manner. There are Christians, Muslims and Jews in Israel.The people of Israel comprise many religions. When i say Isreal, I am talking about the present government of Israel, and am NOT talking about the people of Israel. Just to get that straight. Just know that I have this level of critical thinking. While I am not anti-semetic, I have no admiration for any of the three Abrahamic religions, Christianity, Muslim or Jewish. Abraham simply got the entire lesson so totally wrong, regardless of which son would have been killed.

OK in Feb, 2015, Netty-babby, leader of Israel, ex Mossad special operations expert, publicly called all Israelis home, telling them it is high time for them to return home.

https://duckduckgo.c...lis home&t=ffsb

Just look at the headlines. It appears that one article focused on French Israelis. Why do you suppose that might be?

Then the Paris attacks happen.

We see charlie hebdo supposedly happen. We see the Paris concert bombing supposedly happen. I personally have no real way of knowing the truth of these things, since I know no one who was affected by these so-called events, and/or I know no one who knows someone affected by these events.

Then there are these articles that just blow me away, proving a theory that I have personally formed from just watching things play thru.

https://news.vice.co...lee-the-country The Israelis Helping Ukrainian Jews Flee the Country

March 31, 2016 | 12:32 pm

https://news.vice.co...dle-east/page/2 Israel Just 'Rescued' 19 Jews From Yemen in a Secret Mission

https://news.vice.co...-part-3Â Â To the West Bank: Europe's Jewish Exodus (Part 3) Might as well look into part one and two while you are at it.

And then I read this:

https://consortiumne...sion-in-israel/ With major quoting from the link. Please continue to read on the link for more info.

Testing Out Repression in Israel

February 27, 2016

Jeff Halper, co-founder of the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions, sees the brutal practice of destroying Palestinian homes and similar tactics as part of an experiment in social repression that can have broader implications as income inequality spreads across the globe, as he told Dennis J Bernstein.

By Dennis J Bernstein

Israeli author and human rights activist Jeff Halper who has challenged the Israeli practice of destroying Palestinian homes (usually for simply building after being denied a permit) attempts to answer the question why the world continues to accept such repeated brutalities perpetrated by the Israelis against a million-plus locked-down, very poor Palestinians.

Halper detects a quid pro quo, a violent marriage of convenience in which “Israel offers its expertise in helping governments pursue their various wars against the people and, in return, they permit it to expand its settlements and control throughout the Palestinian territory.”

Jeff_Halper_color-300x199.jpg

Peace and human rights activist Jeff Halper.

Halper’s latest book, War Against the People: Israel, the Palestinians and Global Pacification, focuses on “global Palestine,” and “how Israel exports its Occupation, its weaponry, its models and tactics of control and its security and surveillance systems, all developed and perfected on the Palestinians, to countries around the world engaged in asymmetrical warfare, or domestic securitization, both forms of “war against the people.”

He contextualizes Israel’s globalization of Palestine within the capitalist world system. Inherently unequal, exploitative, violent and increasingly unsustainable, Capitalism must pursue innumerable wars against the people if it is to enforce its global hegemony. These are precisely the types of wars, counterinsurgency, asymmetrical warfare, counter-terrorism, urban warfare and the overall securitization of societies, including those of the Global North, in which Israel specializes.

-----------------------

Then I run it all thru the personal crap detector I have, one that everyone has but they just don't know it. I find that ISIS is Israeli and Saudi, and Bush's CIA faction.

If you will note, no Israeli interests, beyond the token media output, has been hit by ISIS. No Saudi interests, beyond the token media claims, has been hit by ISIS.

And in the USA, hell, factions of our USA government has been murdering and torturing US citizens for decades, possibly centuries. San Bernadino is just a public one. And I still don't know anyone involved or affected of San Bernadino, still don't know anyone who knows anyone affected or involved in the event in San Bernadino. So it is with Sandy Hook, the boston bombing and so on. Don't include 9-11 in that. That was during the Bush The Stupider years when this country was taken on a drunken presidential joyride to hell.

=============

The syrian refugee crisis is by design as well. Israel wanted Assad out. Americans had no stomach for militarily going into Syria, with Obama not very friendly with Netanyahu,(the one and only thing I like about Obama).

ISIS began shortly thereafter.

Edited by regeneratia

The goal of radical Islam is simple, the eradication of all other religions and the people kneeling at the altars of those religions, as well as non-believers such as atheists and agnostics. Nothing less is acceptable in their minds. Period. The weapon available to them at this time is the use of extreme terrorism in the form of televised beheadings, burning people alive in a cage, blowing up places where children play etc. in an attempt to paralyze communities, then countries and finally the world with fear until they can eventually take political control of those systems. There is no negotiating, no compromises to be made, no placating that can be done, that is all a figment in our silly president's mind, they have a single goal and centuries to accomplish it.

May seem crazy to you but it works for them and they know that they can use weak-willed political systems against themselves. They laugh when western countries beat themselves up about whether or not to take more refugees inside their borders, even after they, ISIS, have told those governments that they will infiltrate killers into the ranks of those refugees! To them it is inconceivable that a people could be stupid enough to destroy themselves in some kind of political/ideological suicide pact but time and again their targets do just that! Who does such a thing? Well, we here in the west do and as long as we comply they will ship the tools of destruction in. Why wouldn't they? They see Obama scolding his own people for resisting further incursions and shake their heads in disbelief and drop more human time bombs into place.

And this is what we are all supposed to believe. But do we? I do not.

We see charlie hebdo supposedly happen. We see the concert bombing supposedly happen. I personally have no real way of knowing the truth of these things, since I know no one who was affected by these so-called events, and/or I know no one who knows someone affected by these events.

I can buy into the belief that mainstream media has an agenda. I can buy into the belief that there's a whole lot of unsavoury things go on in, and possibly beyond, government that we aren't privy to.

Using terms like "supposedly" and "so-called events" for the mass murders in Paris just makes you sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist though, and to be honest it's a bit insulting to those who lost their lives, and their families and friends.

Even the elite powers in this world don't have control over live television, instant social media, etc. Why would you expect to know someone personally involved in the Paris attacks? Are you a Parisian?

• Like 3