Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5 massive lies the Bible tells re Jesus

seeder

Next time they beat you.. tell someone who cares.

Your responses to people get more and more cryptic, which is a polite way of saying incomprehensible.

Your responses to people get more and more cryptic, which is a polite way of saying incomprehensible.

Given the irrelevant smart ass comment, I'm not really surprised neither you nor Habitat can comprehend what slavery is.

If you still don't get my response, I'll ask you a question; How often you do get beaten for taking out a mortgage?

Edited by Rlyeh

Given the irrelevant smart ass comment, I'm not really surprised neither you or Habitat can comprehend what slavery is.

Fortunately for me, my house was paid off years ago, but I don't see people having to work an extra job to afford house payments being much different to slavery.

Fortunately for me, my house was paid off years ago, but I don't see people having to work an extra job to afford house payments being much different to slavery.

Right. If I want something I shouldn't have to pay a cent for it.
  • Like 1

Right. If I want something I shouldn't have to pay a cent for it.

Much, much, more difficult that in the past thanks to bad govt policy, in Australia, I pity people starting out today going into massive hock just to get a roof over their head.

Common sense? You talk about common sense and you can't even understand what I mean by mirroring a tyrant.

Yep...common sense. I explained what it is. It grows from shared experiences.

Humans share stories and some actually learn. Hence the saying:

Experience keeps a dear school and fools will learn in none other

The tyranny you referred to is the that asserted in the Declaration of Independence. Arguing by analogy isn't a good approach - especially when you can't back it up.

I wouldn't know. ( and of course, there is nothing wrong with that. ;) )

But, when I have come into contact of those, who scream at me to read the bible, and the bible should be taken literally, it seems they are talking about all of it. But yet, there is one section that one shouldn't pay attention to, and then one section that is?

Is this all in the same book?

Ignore anything that would cause you to statute laws.
  • Like 1

Given the irrelevant smart ass comment, I'm not really surprised neither you nor Habitat can comprehend what slavery is.

If you still don't get my response, I'll ask you a question; How often you do get beaten for taking out a mortgage?

Oh dear, anything that's wittier than you are is irrelevant and smartass is it? Sounds like some insecurity there.

Oh dear, anything that's wittier than you are is irrelevant and smartass is it? Sounds like some insecurity there.

So calling mortgage slavery is "witty" and relevant? Clearly you're a few cards short of a full deck.

History has clearly shown you guy's are the persecutors, now people are fighting back, and you guys have the gall to say you are being persecuted? All we are doing is trying to talk, where as you guys want our heads.

You can't cry persecution when people fight back.

It is very easy to find secular organisations who are responsible for more death than any religion.

How well do you know your history?

More relevant is the fact that the OT does NOT recognise the NT ~

If this is still on one whole book, then the book itself contradicts each other. I don't get it, I really don't.

You mean, YOU sift through kernels? Unless God or Jesus shows up with a red pen and scratches out the 'non-truths', I will stick with, it's all truth.

I have a question here, and it's on what you are discussing here. You brought up the bible being divinely inspired. In a sense, I would believe that, 'in a way'. Though, that would be coming within me, not that anyone would tell me without any form of evidence or reflective comparing. Anyways, this is not a question to make you think that there is an opposite.

If the bible, many years ago, was divinely inspired, wouldn't subsequent bibles and such, years later, also be divinely inspired?

Seriously, consider my question. I would think this would be desired. The dictionary is always revising itself, among many classics and other books.

In fact, and you and others who read the bible should correct me on this, but isn't that what it means by the OT and the NT, meaning it had been revised?

Wouldn't you think something would come out, with a point of it being divinely inspired?

Its okay Barco .... everyone gets Walkered now and then ..... :yes: .

What a way to get initiated!!!!!! :o:w00t:

Pun intended? :tu:

Holy Kahoonas!!! No! * goes back to reread Hammer's post that she replied to*

:o:whistle::D

But, feel free to assume that. :yes:

In fact, yes, I meant to do that! :innocent:

The only one's I've ever seen are the nice people from the Jehovah's Witnesses with their interesting leaflets. I'm building up a little collection of them.

Actually, this post left me remembering and reflecting on something I experienced in the past. I have mentioned it too, on numerous times here. There is a family, friends of my husband's family, and one time visiting them, was very pleasant. They Jehovah's Witnesses. During a conversation with the mother and daughter, I simply asked all about it, and they simply answered my question. No attempt of converting. They both understood my confusing and desire of still being who I was. They just answered my question. I did get a full understanding of their belief and religion. They even expressed a frustration with their belief when discussing certain elements of it.

That is why I think, that sometimes, it's not the belief system, but the individuals themselves that I think I should worry about during prosetylizing attempts.

Big difference. Choice. People do not have to buy a house, there are other ways of affording housing, in a sense.

Slavery does not have any indication of being a choice what so ever.

Ignore anything that would cause you to statute laws.

Yes, I've seen that! Again, I am really :w00t: on this. This is a book, that is suppose to 'encourage' getting along with others, and yet that is not happening when those laws are despised.

Maybe I'm getting this all wrong. :no:

• Like 2

For one... They didnt have instagram. For two what do you mean they kept quiet? Have you interviewed them? Was it a secret or was the story spread so widely that we still know it today?

If this is still on one whole book, then the book itself contradicts each other. I don't get it, I really don't.

~snip

Don't worry about that , most Sunday Morning Church goers don't get it either ~

~

~

THe Bible is made up of many books but the Bible is but one ~ though many no longer looks upon it as THE source as an entirety but more as in regards towards inspirational as a whole ~ but opinions and sentiments vary as much and as wide as there are individuals ... unless of course you are curious about the official or authoritative view as accordingly to the different sects ... that there is a lifetime of confusion that awaits the curious ... :lol:

~

• Like 2

I THINK I understood Mr. Walker's analogy, but before I commented I wanted to be clear. Ms. ML, great pic, BTW. You are much prettier than I pictured in my mind ;)

• Like 1

I have a question here, and it's on what you are discussing here. You brought up the bible being divinely inspired. In a sense, I would believe that, 'in a way'. Though, that would be coming within me, not that anyone would tell me without any form of evidence or reflective comparing. Anyways, this is not a question to make you think that there is an opposite.

If the bible, many years ago, was divinely inspired, wouldn't subsequent bibles and such, years later, also be divinely inspired?

Seriously, consider my question. I would think this would be desired. The dictionary is always revising itself, among many classics and other books.

In fact, and you and others who read the bible should correct me on this, but isn't that what it means by the OT and the NT, meaning it had been revised?

Wouldn't you think something would come out, with a point of it being divinely inspired?

Yes, I've seen that! Again, I am really :w00t: on this. This is a book, that is suppose to 'encourage' getting along with others, and yet that is not happening when those laws are despised.

Maybe I'm getting this all wrong. :no:

There have been countless versions of The Bible, translated, re-translated...I used to struggle with this. I don't anymore. I have a Bible that I'm happy with and the core message is the same. I believe that we should trust that God would only allow a perfect and complete copy of a book we are supposed to follow.

• Like 1

Don't worry about that , most Sunday Morning Church goers don't get it either ~

~

~

THe Bible is made up of many books but the Bible is but one ~ though many no longer looks upon it as THE source as an entirety but more as in regards towards inspirational as a whole ~ but opinions and sentiments vary as much and as wide as there are individuals ... unless of course you are curious about the official or authoritative view as accordingly to the different sects ... that there is a lifetime of confusion that awaits the curious ... :lol:

~

You see, this is pretty much I have heard through the grapevine. ;)

I THINK I understood Mr. Walker's analogy, but before I commented I wanted to be clear. Ms. ML, great pic, BTW. You are much prettier than I pictured in my mind ;)

Well thank you, barbco, I think that was a very nice of you to say. :blush:

There have been countless versions of The Bible, translated, re-translated...I used to struggle with this. I don't anymore. I have a Bible that I'm happy with and the core message is the same. I believe that we should trust that God would only allow a perfect and complete copy of a book we are supposed to follow.

I believe you, on that is how your path has led you. I also in a sense, believe in a higher power, ( half the times ) that it has led me to be how I am in my belief.

So you are saying, and I'm not critical or confused or anything, that one particular book was enough? ( kind of like if it still works why update it? )

• Like 1

Yep...common sense. I explained what it is. It grows from shared experiences.

Humans share stories and some actually learn. Hence the saying:

Experience keeps a dear school and fools will learn in none other

The tyranny you referred to is the that asserted in the Declaration of Independence. Arguing by analogy isn't a good approach - especially when you can't back it up.

Were you drunk when you wrote that^?

http://dwindlinginun...s-in-bible.html

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Inquisition

Not even mentioning how horrible it is for all the people living in a "house of God", it is not like the t.v. show 7th Heaven, which is so not like how things really are. I have never seen a house even remotely close to that.

What you guy's think you are:

220px-MotherTeresa_094.jpg

What you guy's are actually more like:

220px-KKK_night_rally_in_Chicago_c1920_cph.3b12355.jpg

Edited by Mystic Crusader

Were you drunk when you wrote that^?

http://dwindlinginun...s-in-bible.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Inquisition

Not even mentioning how horrible it is for all the people living in a "house of God", it is not like the t.v. show 7th Heaven, which is so not like how things really are. I have never seen a house even remotely close to that.

What you guy's think you are:

220px-MotherTeresa_094.jpg

What you guy's are actually more like:

220px-KKK_night_rally_in_Chicago_c1920_cph.3b12355.jpg

You say you are approaching 40? If that's true (and I'm holding you to it) then you should start behaving like an adult. When Jesus said we should come to him as little children, he meant for us to humble ourselves, open our minds and hearts; not behave like infants. I am sorry if you have had bad experiences with God, but when you say things like 'you guys', as if all Christians behave the same way, you just sound ignorant. The only person I see treating other people disrespectfully and without kindness is YOU. Just because you have the security of a computer screen doesn't mean you shouldn't be accountable for the things you say. Be careful with your words.

• Like 2

You see, this is pretty much I have heard through the grapevine. ;)

Well thank you, barbco, I think that was a very nice of you to say. :blush:

I believe you, on that is how your path has led you. I also in a sense, believe in a higher power, ( half the times ) that it has led me to be how I am in my belief.

So you are saying, and I'm not critical or confused or anything, that one particular book was enough? ( kind of like if it still works why update it? )

One particular book? Are you asking if I think things like The Gospel of Thomas or The Gospel of Mary, or...should have been included in The Bible?

• Like 1

One particular book? Are you asking if I think things like The Gospel of Thomas or The Gospel of Mary, or...should have been included in The Bible?

Well, yeah, I am curiously asking. I figured it was one book. I didn't realize there were many. Is this many books within a book?

As a bookseller of a couple of places, I just notice the many varieties of the book, the bible. ( and the torah's and the koran's and so on and so on. ) in one book. So, I'm confused on how it's described as many books. Is this like a collection?

You say you are approaching 40? If that's true (and I'm holding you to it) then you should start behaving like an adult. When Jesus said we should come to him as little children, he meant for us to humble ourselves, open our minds and hearts; not behave like infants. I am sorry if you have had bad experiences with God, but when you say things like 'you guys', as if all Christians behave the same way, you just sound ignorant. The only person I see treating other people disrespectfully and without kindness is YOU. Just because you have the security of a computer screen doesn't mean you shouldn't be accountable for the things you say. Be careful with your words.

Respect has to be earned, not commanded. I have been threatened my whole life, and I know I will be murdered. I will not bow to terrorism, whatever flavor it is. I would rather be true to myself.

Edited by Mystic Crusader

Respect has to be earned, not commanded. I have been threatened my whole life, and I know I will be murdered. I will not bow to terrorism, whatever flavor it is. I would rather be true to myself.

You live in Arizona. What are you talking about? Murdered? What a horrible way to think.

• Like 1

Well, yeah, I am curiously asking. I figured it was one book. I didn't realize there were many. Is this many books within a book?

As a bookseller of a couple of places, I just notice the many varieties of the book, the bible. ( and the torah's and the koran's and so on and so on. ) in one book. So, I'm confused on how it's described as many books. Is this like a collection?

There's many versions of The Bible. I have a couple: King James and an ESV (English Standard version). I like the ESV because it's easy to read but not so 'dumbed down' that it loses it's meaning. I have seen versions that water it down or change enough words to make it nearly unrecognizable. As for the Gnostic Gospels that I mentioned. You can find them at gnosis.org. I have read most of them and they are interesting but I don't think the majority of people would understand their meaning. I struggle with a lot of it. They aren't easy to read.

• Like 2

I do feel, you have replied with a pretty good description to how there is a term of 'children' in there. I can see that.

But, if children are all humble, then I'm seeing the wrong children. Including my own at that age. I would think it's up to parents to get them humbled. ( you and I as mamas of grown children have done that, right? )

But then again, the point of views back then most likely does not mirror today's. In fact, I remember reading somewhere, during the 16th century, children were considered little adults and had to act like them. 'be seen and not heard'

I'm just reflecting here.

I understand, that maybe you have had some real life situations to occur for you to have the 'reflections' ( to put it mildly :D ) I see in your posts. But, I feel sometimes, nothing is an excuse.

I do see you as very grounded, but as this is a board for skeptics and spiritualists I would think we should take everyone's belief or lack there of in consideration.

I would agree, being told to grow up ( and I know I have done it myself. :o ) can be a bit put offing. Sorry Barbco.

You live in Arizona. What are you talking about? Murdered? What a horrible way to think.

I think some people can sense their end and how. It could be where they live to what they do. I like to think MC wont be murdered, I feel he 'know' something within him. I have done this myself, predict my end. I have told people I work with, that I see myself, when the time comes, clutching my heart, squeezing out a whispery and vocal "Quelp!" before I hit the floor with not some much of the grace one sees fainting characters do in the movies. Yup, I see my end will be with a heart attack. I wouldn't be a surprise.

Edit: Had to

Reason for edit: I hate my computer!!!!

Edited by TheMustardLady

There's many versions of The Bible. I have a couple: King James and an ESV (English Standard version). I like the ESV because it's easy to read but not so 'dumbed down' that it loses it's meaning. I have seen versions that water it down or change enough words to make it nearly unrecognizable. As for the Gnostic Gospels that I mentioned. You can find them at gnosis.org. I have read most of them and they are interesting but I don't think the majority of people would understand their meaning. I struggle with a lot of it. They aren't easy to read.

Thank you for your answer. I find it informative. As a bookseller, it also helps in helping customers.

I should look at the Gnostic section a bit more now, to see what it has.

• Like 1