Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What did Jesus eat during the Last Supper ?

UM-Bot

Two Italian archaeologists have been piecing together what Jesus and his Apostles would have eaten.

Despite how the Last Supper has been portrayed in paintings and artwork over the centuries, the historic meal did not actually take place at a large rectangular table at all.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...the-last-supper

• Like 2

Probably food Middle Eastern people eat .They eat more grains , fruit , fish than we do .

Edited by Darkenpath25

I'm not exactly sure what I ate for lunch yesterday, let alone what Joshua ate back when. Why do we get hung up on such trivial matters like this? Does it matter to you or I as we try and live in this day and age?

Pez. Cherry flavored Pez, that's what he ate! Seriously, I've know a guy who knows a guy and he says he found a codex that contains the entire menu from THAT night! I think he said it was a Tuesday. Let me tell you...bacon wrapped shrimp is not a modern culinary achievement...Thomas had two plates.

:yes:

Why does the article read: "Leonardo [da Vinci]'s mural ..."? Surely people know The Last Supper was painted by Leonardo da Vinci. Who else do they think painted it - Leonardo Dicaprio? Or since Dan Brown, do people no longer know that "Da Vinci" is properly known as Leonardo?

Edit: People don't refer to Michelangelo as "Di Buonarroti", do they?

Edited by Derek Willis

Chicken en Papillote and witblits. Pretty sure.

Why does the article read: "Leonardo [da Vinci]'s mural ..."? Surely people know The Last Supper was painted by Leonardo da Vinci. Who else do they think painted it - Leonardo Dicaprio? Or since Dan Brown, do people no longer know that "Da Vinci" is properly known as Leonardo?

It's because it's a quote. The person said "Leonardo's mural", so the article writer filled in the [da Vinci] for readers. And yes, some people don't know that Leonardo means da Vinci when it comes to this work. Or in general sometimes, some folks only know da Vinci and don't know what his first name is.... yes I'm serious there too. Just like some folks only know Picasso and not the first name.

Edit to add: but this isn't really what the topic is about, so lets get back to the food. Oddly enough, I just watched a "Mysteries at the.." episode last night on Holy Places and Things. One of the topics was biblical era food, and what people ate at the time, and a current era eatery that served up modern versions of biblical era food.

Edited by rashore

Little known fact, our lord and saviour loved anchovies. They ate pizza with extra pepperoni (because Judas ordered it, and Thomas hated pepperoni).

• Like 2

Nothing because he didn't exist.

You might find the writings of the Roman historian Flavious Josephus quite interesting in regard to your comment. In particular, reference Book 18, Chapter 3 and Book 20, Chapter 9. Time permitting, you might also want to consider scholarly critique of those particular writings.

Little known fact, our lord and saviour loved anchovies. They ate pizza with extra pepperoni (because Judas ordered it, and Thomas hated pepperoni).

No one likes anchovies!

Those two Italian archaeologists are not gainfully employed, imo. The work seems so completely unprospective of anything useful, to be unjustifiable.

It's because it's a quote. The person said "Leonardo's mural", so the article writer filled in the [da Vinci] for readers. And yes, some people don't know that Leonardo means da Vinci when it comes to this work. Or in general sometimes, some folks only know da Vinci and don't know what his first name is.... yes I'm serious there too. Just like some folks only know Picasso and not the first name.

Edit to add: but this isn't really what the topic is about, so lets get back to the food. Oddly enough, I just watched a "Mysteries at the.." episode last night on Holy Places and Things. One of the topics was biblical era food, and what people ate at the time, and a current era eatery that served up modern versions of biblical era food.

Well it must be a generational thing because people of my age were bought up calling Leonardo "Leonardo" and also knowing that "da Vinci" is not a surname, it is a reference to where he was born (or rather, the nearest large hamlet to where he was born). As for Picasso, perhaps it is also a generational thing but we all know his first name was Pablo. Granted, there are many other artists whose first names are not well known.

But back to the food. I can remember being told they probably ate lamb along with the Seder Plate foods traditionally eaten by Jews at the time of the Passover. What was emphasized in my youth was the bread.

Would the son of God eat meat??? and whats fish sauce? sounds disgusting ewwww!!

I have to admit, Big Jim, that the Daily Mail story is marginally more credible that the one there about the "petrified" shark found on Mars.

Would the son of God eat meat??? and whats fish sauce? sounds disgusting ewwww!!

Why wouldn't he eat meat? Whilst the Bible doesn't mention Jesus eating meat (though he does eat fish), shepherds came to see him when he was a baby, and he was always using shepherds, sheep and lambs as metaphors so he must have approved of breeding animals for food. Also, he asks people to think of the bread as his flesh. Surely that is within the context of people being nourished through eating the flesh of animals.

The mail is not the only source of that story just the first one on a long list. Fact is that evidence does not support Jesus existed.

The mail is not the only source of that story just the first one on a long list. Fact is that evidence does not support Jesus existed.

Is there any evidence Socrates existed, other than what other people wrote about him and statues made long after he died?

I'm sure if the non-existence story had legs, it would be tirelessly promoted by atheists everywhere, it is of interest that Jesus is mentioned a number of times in the Koran, with attributed sayings not found elsewhere, which is interesting, if not confirmation, but shows that he was accepted as real in those times.

I realize it's off topic but when I read such a ridiculous comment, it's impossible to stay quiet. Billions (that's a lot) of people believe He did exist. I'd say that's enough evidence. Certainly more credible than the article you posted.

People, it would seem that this, much like every other topic posted about Divinity, will stray into the circular arguments over whether someone, somewhere has/had the answers to the questions that trouble us. Once again, we delve into the "my way is the right way" pit and I truly wish we'd grown enough as a community to avoid such trivial arguments. Does Jesus have the answers? Does Muhammad? Buddha? To some, yes, and for others, no. Personally, and please don't take this the wrong way, I don't depend on any of you to live my day to day life, nor do I live or die by your opinions. We're all as lost, or found, as the next one and it's a shame we can't just admit it. Your Savior isn't my savior or necessarily the same Savior of the individuals that sat next to you at church, mosque, Temple, or the last place you went for lunch. We're each individuals with individual understandings of Divinity, or the lack thereof. My way isn't right for some, I can live with that, but guess what...it's MY way, you don't have to follow it. Follow you own and let Divinity sort it out.

In light of the "terror attacks" perpetrated in the name of religion, the witchhunts, the Crusades, the stonings, the lynchings, any act of violence or intolerance conceived "in the name of God", give it a rest, would you? There are MUCH bigger issues on the table than our petty differences! But, I know, "you" want to be the one that's right. Okay, be that one, but please do so and hide your secret revelation in your heart. Don't cast you pearls to swine, as it were. Instead of trying to be a good Christian, Hebrew, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, or just a general whack job, why not simply try and be a good person? Look at it this way, if in the end, you turn out to be right, you can yuck it up as you look down upon my scorched soul as I burn eternally in Hell, and won't that be fun. However, if I'm right, we'll at least have a better run through this life.

But what do I know? I'm just slightly clever meat.