Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Scott Peterson innocent ?

Booth

DISCLAIMER: What you are about to read may upset you because I could have an opposing view. Please read at your own risk.

From http://www.cliffgard...son_S132449.pdf (p. 1), this is what the prosecution admits in their closing statements:

There is no evidence in this case how this crime was committed. There is no evidence in this case where it was committed.” (108 RT 20163.)

I can’t tell you when he did it. I can't tell you if he did it at night. I can't tell you if he did it in the morning.” (109 RT 20200.)

Personally, I would contend, the prosecution cannot even tell you if a crime was committed!

Edited by Aftermath
  • Like 1

Personally, I would contend, the prosecution cannot even tell you if a crime was committed!

Just curious...are you actually saying that you don't think a crime was committed?

DISCLAIMER: What you are about to read may upset you because I could have an opposing view. Please read at your own risk.

Just curious...are you actually saying that you don't think a crime was committed?

I'm not saying anything. I wrote, very clearly, that I personally would argue that: THE PROSECUTION CANNOT EVEN TELL YOU IF A CRIME WAS COMMITTED.

There is: (1) NO murder weapon, (2) NO time of death, (3) NO cause of death, (4) NO confession, and (5) NO evidence of any crime in Scott and Laci's home, ergo NO evidence where Laci was murdered.

Honestly one cannot rule out an accident or suicide. Think it through, you would want to receive the death penalty based on this evidence (actually lack thereof)?

This site shows the evidence and pictures of what the police found and surmised.

I really think it suspicious that Scott drove 90 some odd miles to San Francisco Bay, to fish for about an hour, for sturgeon (can you even do that in an hour?), using brand new lures, a couple miles from the marina (it maybe took the whole hour to get out to that island). And he had made 6 cement boat anchors days before, but only one was ever found. And there is numerous evidence from the cleaning lady that he did extensive cleaning at the house of laundry and floors between the 24th and the 27th when warrants were served.

Lacy's purse, wallet, ID, and phone were left behind, when she went on her "walk"?

When arrested... on his way to go golfing, he had $15000 in cash with him? 6 Credit Cards (3 not with his name) and 4 cell phones?

Really when you take all these "coincidences", and "maybes", they all start to add up.

http://www.findlaci2...-beginning.html

I just want to say I go on walks often and I never bring my purse or wallet. I do bring my cellphone, mainly because of stories like Lacy, women being abducted and killed etc etc. But this case happened in the early 2000s when people weren't so attached to their phones as they are now.

• Like 3

Scott Peterson is a guilty as all hell, who else would want to kill his wife,

Uhhh..plenty of people murder others without real motive except for the fact that they are mentally unstable.

• Like 2

Does this one work better for you? http://www.cliffgard...son_S132449.pdf

I appreciated that first one and I was ok with it. I haven't been able to download this other one but that's ok.

Edit: I thought that was a link to another transcript but I was finally able to find where it downloaded and I see that it's the appeal doc.

Edited by regi

I'm not saying anything. I wrote, very clearly, that I personally would argue that: THE PROSECUTION CANNOT EVEN TELL YOU IF A CRIME WAS COMMITTED.

There is: (1) NO murder weapon, (2) NO time of death, (3) NO cause of death, (4) NO confession, and (5) NO evidence of any crime in Scott and Laci's home, ergo NO evidence where Laci was murdered.

Honestly one cannot rule out an accident or suicide. Think it through, you would want to receive the death penalty based on this evidence (actually lack thereof)?

I don't need a murder weapon or a confession or to know any of those other things. Even if the bodies had never been found, I'd still believe he's guilty and so I still wouldn't be against him having been sentenced to death.

I don't need a murder weapon or a confession or to know any of those other things. Even if the bodies had never been found, I'd still believe he's guilty and so I still wouldn't be against him having been sentenced to death.

Yup, you read it correctly folks, she just wrote that! "Even if the bodies had never been found..."!

So the evidence, in sum, just went from 'the bodies were found in the same body of water he went fishing', to no evidence at all. Yet, she would still put him to death.

And yes, even more frightening, we allow these individuals to serve on criminal juries!

• Like 5

I appreciated that first one and I was ok with it. I haven't been able to download this other one but that's ok.

Edit: I thought that was a link to another transcript but I was finally able to find where it downloaded and I see that it's the appeal doc.

Ok, so the PDF viewer thing does not work for you. Sorry about that, I'm never sure when those viewers work for people or not. So no point in trying to load more PDF links to other court documents. Well, good to know.

So the evidence, in sum, just went from 'the bodies were found in the same body of water he went fishing', to no evidence at all. Yet, she would still put him to death.

I do think that that one circumstance is the most incriminating, but without it, I think the other evidence is so strong that I'd think the bay is where he must have dumped her body.

I do think that that one circumstance is the most incriminating, but without it, I think the other evidence is so strong that I'd think the bay is where he must have dumped her body.

(1) Can you please list what you consider to be strong evidence?

(2) Can you please demonstrate how Laci's body washed ashore from where Scott allegedly dumped her body? Because the state's own expert witness could not.

Did you know, Laci's (Croton) watch was pawned after her disappearance, and the person who pawned it left a thumb print? Do you believe that thumb print belonged to:

A. Laci

B. Scott

C. Laci's mother

D. A unidentified person

Edited by Aftermath
  • Like 1

Yup, you read it correctly folks, she just wrote that! "Even if the bodies had never been found..."!

And yes, even more frightening, we allow these individuals to serve on criminal juries!

Sigh. . .it's what I've been saying since page one. . .convicted on the self righteous opinion of the uneducated masses. . .

Even sadder. . .they have this mentality that's it's okay to apply this standard to any and everybody else, but not against themselves or their wife or husband, son or daughter. . .

For everyone else, these circumstances means murder. . .but if applied to me or someone I know. . .then I'm obviously innocent. . .

What a bunch of miserable hypocrites we as a species are. . .

• Like 2

(2) Can you please demonstrate how Laci's body washed ashore from where Scott allegedly dumped her body? Because the state's own expert witness could not.

Did you know, Laci's (Croton) watch was pawned after her disappearance, and the person who pawned it left a thumb print? Do you believe that thumb print belonged to:

A. Laci

B. Scott

C. Laci's mother

D. A unidentified person

Aftermath, I'll take D for the win. . .what do I get? reasonable doubt? A general sense of disappointment in our legal system?

• Like 1

Aftermath, I'll take D for the win. . .what do I get? reasonable doubt? A general sense of disappointment in our legal system?

Yes, a sense of disappointment in the legal system... but many people failed during this process, not just the court.

Edit to add disclaimer... wouldn't want to upset the apple cart.

Edited by Aftermath

You know what. . .you're right. . .I don't need evidence at all. . .so long as I believe in things, they'll be true! Happy Happy Fun Time!

Well, to be honest. I personally, deeply and in my heart of hearts believe that you. . .

Regi. . .

are none other. . .

than the elusive. ..

. . .depraved. . .

killer. . .

Jack the Ripper!

Now, I know what your saying, the whole time difference thing and location of the murders makes this all seem completely implausible. . .insane even. . .but one man's science does not negate this one underlying fact. . ..

I believe you to be guilty. . .

And that should be enough. . .

Still not convinced? Well how about the fact that the first two letters in "Ripper" equals the first and last letter in your name?

I know right?! Chills!

Quick! Someone on the forum alert Scotland yard!

• Like 1

Yes, a sense of disappointment in the legal system... but many people failed during this process, not just the court.

Edit to add disclaimer... wouldn't want to upset the apple cart.

aftermath, I'll take the cash value of my winnings in ancient Sumerian coins. . .

aftermath, I'll take the cash value of my winnings in ancient Sumerian coins. . .

Fair enough. How about $960,000 worth?

I'll ask Laci's brother and sister for the $160,000 + $800,000 Laci was due from her grandfather's estate; which Scott missed out on because "he killed her".

But I thought he did it because they were in financial trouble and he was set to get a big $250k payout upon her death.

Edited by Aftermath

Fair enough. How about $960,000 worth?

I'll ask Laci's brother and sister for the $160,000 + $800,000 Laci was due from her grandfather's estate; which Scott missed out on because "he killed her".

But I thought he did it because they were in financial trouble and he was set to get a big $250k payout upon her death.

If that's accurate- and honestly I don't know, I haven't read the case enough. But if 160+800 was coming up. It would then make much more sense to take care of Laci till after the child is born, have the child in trust and secure those funds... and THEN kill her for the additional 250.

• Like 2

Actually, if you think about it, who stood to gain the most from Laci's death?

From their grandfather's estate, Laci, her sister, and her brother would each receive $160,000 and split $2.4M ($800,000 each). If there were no children (interestingly Laci died before Connor could be born), the money would go to the remaining siblings at death... interesting not to a spouse. So, instead of the $960,000 they would have each received if Laci were alive, Laci's sister and brother actually got $1,440,000 (+480,000). Almost half-million more...

?

• Like 1

If that's accurate- and honestly I don't know, I haven't read the case enough. But if 160+800 was coming up. It would then make much more sense to take care of Laci till after the child is born, have the child in trust and secure those funds... and THEN kill her for the additional 250.

Take a look at the link you provided. It's page 80 of the pdf; page 51 of the document.

post-152468-0-59272900-1461689687_thumb.

post-152468-0-10747900-1461689688_thumb.

Edit to provide screen shots of the document.

Edited by Aftermath

Take a look at the link you provided. It's page 80 of the pdf; page 51 of the document.

post-152468-0-59272900-1461689687_thumb.

post-152468-0-10747900-1461689688_thumb.

Edit to provide screen shots of the document.

Lol, glad you know the documents well enough to find that :tu: I sometimes provide information to be helpful, but I don't always read through it all. Especially if I don't know what specific information to look or even know to look for.

But yeah.. it would have been more, erm, lucrative for him to have had that child in trust before killing her from the way those transcripts read.

• Like 2

And what about this...

post-152468-0-03808800-1461689968_thumb.

Why in the world would Scott paid Laci's health insurance premium the day before her disappearance/murder... he could have waited one more day and...

I don't know. Either we have the most ingeniously planned murder or he's innocent.

• Like 1

And what about this...

post-152468-0-03808800-1461689968_thumb.

Why in the world would Scott paid Laci's health insurance premium the day before her disappearance/murder... he could have waited one more day and...

I don't know. Either we have the most ingeniously planned murder or he's innocent.

I don't know, I think paying the premium would have been a smart thing to do. Because it would seem "normal" and help support the notion of "why would I have paid out like that only to kill her, that don't make sense".

• Like 1

Either we have the most ingeniously planned murder or he's innocent.

I definitely wouldn't characterize the premeditation as "ingenious". (Just sayin'.)

A. Laci

B. Scott

C. Laci's mother

D. A unidentified person

Still waiting for the answers to my questions.

Edited by Aftermath

• The title was changed to Was Scott Peterson innocent ?
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked