Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Booth

Scott Peterson was innocent

1,963 posts in this topic

Jerry Gallo
39 minutes ago, JaneH said:

No, but sometimes I think I'm one of the few who reads them carefully.  The reason for my posting the excerpts is to see the exact wording so we can avoid misrepresentations in the discussion.

The Peterson family website has an article about Scott's timeline for the 24th:  
http://www.scottpetersonappeal.org/scotts-timeline.html

Scott left home between 9:50 and 10:08.  Karen Servas found the dog in the street with the leash on sometime between 10:10 and 10:18.  Laci left for her walk sometime after Karen put the dog in the yard and before Graybill arrived on the street to deliver the mail between 10:35 and 10:50.  Laci was seen walking in the neighborhood by several people.   Here's a link to an article about the sightings mentioned in the A&E docuseries:

http://pwc-consulting.blogspot.com/2017/09/lacis-walk-a-docuseries.html

If Laci left home around 10:15, she would have returned from her walk between 11:00 and 11:15 when the Medina burglary was in progress.  She confronted the burglars and was abducted by them.  She was never seen again until her body was found at Pt. Isabel on April 14.

Aw c'mon Jane, at least let's start with established facts.

Scott left at 10:07.

Servas put the dog back at 10:18. 

Laci was supposed to walk in the park, right?

So, which people saw her? All of them? One of them? Specifics Jane?

When did she change into khaki pants? 

Why confront burglars without her dog to protect her?

Why confront burglars at all, why not call 911?

Why would Todd and Co. abduct/kill her? 

Why would burglars wait around 25-30 minutes to be seen by Jackson?

Where was Laci during this 25-30 minutes? 

Where did they keep Laci after the burglary?

Why would Todd give up the burglary to Adam Tenbrink knowing he was harboring Laci?

Did Todd transport Laci on bike, use Pearce's mom's car, or the mysterious van?

What date did they take her to the bay?

Surely you have a theory, or is this why they won't let you on the team. Your job is to keep muddying the water while the others promote documentaries. 

regi
On 4/21/2018 at 12:37 PM, Jerry Gallo said:

Reminds me of when Scott got home from the bay the day Laci disappeared...just went on with his business without a second thought, he was damn hungry for that pizza. 

Re: that particular time-frame, have you noted that Peterson hadn't tried to reach Laci on her cell phone? (I mention it because I'm not sure I was ever aware of it until I noticed it while reading through the cell recs. a while back.)

On 4/21/2018 at 2:32 PM, Jerry Gallo said:

Roughly six hours after he discovers his amazing wife is missing, Scott chuckled when relaying to Brocchini that it was too cold to golf. Can you ask him, after 13+ years in San Quentin, if he still thinks that is funny?  

Or why he thought it was funny 13 years ago. (Just mildly curious as to the excuse a sociopath would offer, that's all.)

Speaking of the cold, re: when asked which jacket Laci might would have worn- or which jacket might be missing, I found it very peculiar that Peterson answered that Laci always stole his stuff.

1 hour ago, Jerry Gallo said:

The secret is made up nonsense. There is nothing that indicates this boat was a secret gift. If it was a gift for someone in his family, he'd have no reason to keep that from Ron. If it was a gift for Ron, no reason to keep it from his dad. There was nothing precision about any of this. No testimony Laci was there. No registration paperwork submitted by the defense. There's nine, all things boat where your standard for evidence is tossed aside.

(Of course, it's absurd, but) do you know where this even comes from that it was a surprise?

Anyway, re: the two people Peterson spoke to over the phone on his way back from the marina, I can surely imagine that in retrospect, the fact that Peterson hadn't mentioned anything about a/the boat, where he'd been or what he'd been doing must have weighed very heavy on their minds. :yes:

Jerry Gallo
58 minutes ago, regi said:

Re: that particular time-frame, have you noted that Peterson hadn't tried to reach Laci on her cell phone? (I mention it because I'm not sure I was ever aware of it until I noticed it while reading through the cell recs. a while back.)

Or why he thought it was funny 13 years ago. (Just mildly curious as to the excuse a sociopath would offer, that's all.)

Speaking of the cold, re: when asked which jacket Laci might would have worn- or which jacket might be missing, I found it very peculiar that Peterson answered that Laci always stole his stuff.

(Of course, it's absurd, but) do you know where this even comes from that it was a surprise?

Anyway, re: the two people Peterson spoke to over the phone on his way back from the marina, I can surely imagine that in retrospect, the fact that Peterson hadn't mentioned anything about a/the boat, where he'd been or what he'd been doing must have weighed very heavy on their minds. :yes:

Of course, one call to cell phone at 2:15p. All those plans, he's calling the house. There are a bunch of things that we're asked to believe were reasonable. For example, an innocent Scott let's dog with leash on out in back yard. Doesn't realize he left the gate open. Comes home, dog is same spot he left him in. 

The chuckle, stealing his stuff, the "but Laci"... bizarre stuff, but perfectly normal to some. #smh

I think MG floated the surprise theory based on Lee's acknowledging Scott's purchases in college. 

For me, ignoring Lee's call before arriving and Amy's on the way home are also telling. But as we know, lies and behavior count for nothing. 

JaneH
29 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Of course, one call to cell phone at 2:15p. All those plans, he's calling the house. There are a bunch of things that we're asked to believe were reasonable. For example, an innocent Scott let's dog with leash on out in back yard. Doesn't realize he left the gate open. Comes home, dog is same spot he left him in. 

The chuckle, stealing his stuff, the "but Laci"... bizarre stuff, but perfectly normal to some. #smh

I think MG floated the surprise theory based on Lee's acknowledging Scott's purchases in college. 

For me, ignoring Lee's call before arriving and Amy's on the way home are also telling. But as we know, lies and behavior count for nothing. 

Scott left 2 messages on the home phone and one message on Laci's cell phone.  What were the times for Lee and Amy's calls?

JaneH
3 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Aw c'mon Jane, at least let's start with established facts.

Scott left at 10:07.

Scott left shortly after the Martha Stewart meringue statement at 9:48.

Servas put the dog back at 10:18. 

She testified that the latest she put the dog back was 10:18.  In a Grogan report, she said it could have been between 10:10 and 10:17.

Her mother assumed she walked in the park.  She often walked in the neighborhood.

So, which people saw her? All of them? One of them? Specifics Jane?

All of the ones on the map I linked plus 3 others who have not been named publicly.

When did she change into khaki pants? 
Most likely after she returned from walking the dog.

Why confront burglars without her dog to protect her?
She had already put McK in the back yard when she noticed the burglars.

Why confront burglars at all, why not call 911?
Laci tended to be impulsive and probably did not anticipate their violent reaction.

Why would Todd and Co. abduct/kill her? 

Todd, in particular, was out on bail awaiting sentencing for 2 prior first degree burglaries at the time he committed the Medina burglary.  It would have been his third strike and he would have been sentenced to 25 years to life with no possibility of parole for 25 years.  

Why would burglars wait around 25-30 minutes to be seen by Jackson?

They didn't.  Most likely they left with Laci and returned in the white van seen by Jackson to get the safe.

Where was Laci during this 25-30 minutes? 

In the first vehicle.

Where did they keep Laci after the burglary?

Don't know.

Why would Todd give up the burglary to Adam Tenbrink knowing he was harboring Laci?

He didn't tell Adam everything.

Did Todd transport Laci on bike, use Pearce's mom's car, or the mysterious van?

None of the above.  No witnesses saw the first vehicle.

What date did they take her to the bay?

Sometime between January 4 and January 6 IMO.

regi
1 hour ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Of course, one call to cell phone at 2:15p.

I meant when- or sometime after- he got home.

• Like 1

regi
4 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

The kicker is that it's precisely what Peterson wanted people to think.

In the Diane Sawyer interview, he tried to reinforce the notion that Laci walked to the park that morning.

(It's at the very beginning. :whistle:)

Edited by regi

JaneH
39 minutes ago, regi said:

In the Diane Sawyer interview, he tried to reinforce the notion that Laci walked to the park that morning.

There's a lot of creative editing in the Diane Sawyer interviews.  Of the ninety minutes of interviews done, only 12 minutes were ever broadcast.  

In this video segment, Scott is talking about himself going to the park after Laci disappeared.  They did walk together there often and Laci sometimes walked in the park by herself.  However, Scott did not tell the police that she planned to walk in the park on the day she disappeared. He told them that she planned to walk the dog.  

This is from Grogan's testimony:

GROGAN: What I recall of that is, I asked Mr. Peterson if Laci walked in the residential area around there, if he knew the route that she walked in that area. And he said no.

GERAGOS: Okay. And he did tell you, or tell Boyer in your presence on the 26th, that Laci did sometimes walk the residential streets in the neighborhood, but she didn't venture far from the home, right? Correct? You wrote that in your report, right?

GROGAN: Yes.

GERAGOS: Okay. And you also wrote in the report Laci had no particular route around the neighborhood, and typically left through the French doors that led her to the backyard?

GROGAN: Yes, I think that's accurate.

GERAGOS: Okay. And that specifically Chris Boyer asked, when was the last time, prior to Tuesday, that Laci went for a walk. And Scott answered specifically last Sunday around the neighborhood, and last Friday in the park. Is that correct? Bates stamp 2915.

pallidin

Scott did it.

Deal with it.

• Haha 1

Jerry Gallo
4 hours ago, regi said:

I meant when- or sometime after- he got home.

My bad! You are absolutely right, no calls to Laci's cell, no calls to Sharon's saying "did Laci bring the whipped cream", etc. Like I said, a buncha things. ;-)

Jerry Gallo
3 hours ago, JaneH said:

There's a lot of creative editing in the Diane Sawyer interviews.  Of the ninety minutes of interviews done, only 12 minutes were ever broadcast.  

In this video segment, Scott is talking about himself going to the park after Laci disappeared.  They did walk together there often and Laci sometimes walked in the park by herself.  However, Scott did not tell the police that she planned to walk in the park on the day she disappeared. He told them that she planned to walk the dog.  

This is from Grogan's testimony:

GROGAN: What I recall of that is, I asked Mr. Peterson if Laci walked in the residential area around there, if he knew the route that she walked in that area. And he said no.

GERAGOS: Okay. And he did tell you, or tell Boyer in your presence on the 26th, that Laci did sometimes walk the residential streets in the neighborhood, but she didn't venture far from the home, right? Correct? You wrote that in your report, right?

GERAGOS: Okay. And you also wrote in the report Laci had no particular route around the neighborhood, and typically left through the French doors that led her to the backyard?

GROGAN: Yes, I think that's accurate.

GERAGOS: Okay. And that specifically Chris Boyer asked, when was the last time, prior to Tuesday, that Laci went for a walk. And Scott answered specifically last Sunday around the neighborhood, and last Friday in the park. Is that correct? Bates stamp 2915.

4 hours ago, regi said:

Oh yes, the infamous sobbing incident. But it's not part of the narrative, so it's excused - notice there's always an excuse?

;-)

Edited by Jerry Gallo
I wanted to edit.

Jerry Gallo
5 hours ago, JaneH said:

Scott left shortly after the Martha Stewart meringue statement at 9:48.

So, it took him 20 minutes to travel a block? Cell towers dear, cell towers. 

She testified that the latest she put the dog back was 10:18.  In a Grogan report, she said it could have been between 10:10 and 10:17.

Doubtful she found the dog in the first three minutes, I'll accept 10:17

Her mother assumed she walked in the park.  She often walked in the neighborhood.

Scott sold the park, as regi pointed out. Did Diane sawyer edit in his words?

All of the ones on the map I linked plus 3 others who have not been named publicly.

So, 12 people, none were called to testify. Incompetence, right? What’s the timeline? Did you draw the walk path? Could you? Fascinated here, please, let’s work together on this! I promise to give you top billing, none of this “you do all the dirty work, I’ll collect the glory”.

Most likely after she returned from walking the dog.

So, she went in the house, left the dog outside leashed, then went back out to confront the burglars? Was she going to style them out of the robbery?

She had already put McK in the back yard when she noticed the burglars.

Then went in to change pants?

Laci tended to be impulsive and probably did not anticipate their violent reaction.

Tended and probably? How many times did you meet Laci to arrive at either assumption?

Todd, in particular, was out on bail awaiting sentencing for 2 prior first degree burglaries at the time he committed the Medina burglary.  It would have been his third strike and he would have been sentenced to 25 years to life with no possibility of parole for 25 years.

12/12/01 was the date of the first burglary complain, what was the date of the other? Also, what is the penalty for first degree murder? 

They didn't.  Most likely they left with Laci and returned in the white van seen by Jackson to get the safe.

But it was a tan van, wasn’t it? And who is they? Todd was the one, now it’s a come and go robbery?

In the first vehicle.

Two vehicles now?

Don't know.

Compelling!

He didn't tell Adam everything.

I see. Go ahead and rat me out for the burglary, not for the kidnap/murder. That Steve Todd is some kind of smart!

None of the above.  No witnesses saw the first vehicle.

So, we know there is a first vehicle how?

Sometime between January 4 and January 6 IMO.

Well, IMO lets you off the hook in message board etiquette 101.

Good job Jane! I salute your effort to put yourself out there, even as the narrative still needs a lot of work!

More questions, we're making progress! 

Jerry Gallo
6 hours ago, JaneH said:

Scott left 2 messages on the home phone and one message on Laci's cell phone.  What were the times for Lee and Amy's calls?

Aw dammit Jane, I figured as one of the few who reads the transcripts carefully, you'd know this. Not good form, if you had a SPA title or mean girl Twitter profile, you may be in danger of a demotion. Fortunately, I'm here to help.

11:44am - Lee

3:44pm - Amy

No need to thank me, I am on your side!