Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Scott Peterson innocent ?

Booth

1 hour ago, regi said:

I don't know about you, but it raises my brow when I see questions about anything I think should already be- or fully expect should be- known.

At least on the easy stuff. 15 years and 30 message boards later, you'd think they'd have the basics down. More on that when time permits.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Additionally, the answering machine and how he started the call to Sharon also give him away, along with what we know he ignored when he got home, including the two things he himself found odd per his own words.

Oh, no question about it, the first odd thing should have been that her car was there and she wasn't.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, regi said:

I beg your pardon? It's your mission, not mine, to get a cold-blooded murderer off of death row.

I beg your pardon.  It's you who are trying to send an innocent man to death row.  If you say something is proof of guilt, you should be able to support it with facts.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, regi said:

Oh, no question about it, the first odd thing should have been that her car was there and she wasn't.

How did he know her mother hadn't picked her up early?  Do you immediately panic when someone is not where you expect them to be?  He was late getting home and had to get ready to go to Sharon's for dinner.  It's perfectly reasonable that he did not suspect  anything was wrong until he heard the voicemail message from Ron asking about the whipped cream.  All of this trivia you propose as proof of guilt ignores that fact that there was no evidence tying Scott to the physical act of murder in any of the places MPD considered to be "crime scenes."

• Like 2

On 4/25/2018 at 9:33 AM, Jerry Gallo said:

Aw c'mon Jane, at least let's start with established facts.

Scott left at 10:07.

Actually 09:49

Servas put the dog back at 10:18. 

Wow...you got this one right

Laci was supposed to walk in the park, right?

Wrong, she walked south to La Loma Ave

So, which people saw her? All of them? One of them? Specifics Jane?

Maldonado, Freitas, Pedrioli, Aguilar, Mitchell, Campos, and Chiavetta... in that order

When did she change into khaki pants? 

10:41 (give or take 30 seconds)

Why confront burglars without her dog to protect her?

Dog was in the yard as she went for the mail  

Why confront burglars at all, why not call 911?

Crossed the street to be certain first

Why would Todd and Co. abduct/kill her? 

Third strike felon / he and Pearce didn't

Why would burglars wait around 25-30 minutes to be seen by Jackson?

They didn’t. Jackson saw Tenbrink’s pals

Where was Laci during this 25-30 minutes? 

In the van

Where did they keep Laci after the burglary?

In the van and then the reservoir.

Why would Todd give up the burglary to Adam Tenbrink knowing he was harboring Laci?

Gave it up because he was dealing with Laci

Did Todd transport Laci on bike, use Pearce's mom's car, or the mysterious van?

The white van... only the world class morons buy the bike story.

What date did they take her to the bay?

The day they dumped her body

Surely you have a theory, or is this why they won't let you on the team. Your job is to keep muddying the water while the others promote documentaries. 

Much the same way you carry the load for Regi and the SIG Sauer team of two.

And if your team needs a logo, how about this one?

Logo.jpg.20ad35ac254e64e04dc2016525ca3a82.jpg

1 hour ago, JaneH said:

How did he know her mother hadn't picked her up early?

He couldn't have known squat, but her car in the driveway certainly would have implied that she was home. (Please don't try to tell me that he wouldn't have expected her to be home once he'd seen her car in the driveway.)

As for what Peterson knew, up to that point he knew that despite the fact that he hadn't heard from his pregnant wife since that morning- that he'd called both numbers and not Sharon and nor any other number to try and to reach her- she hadn't returned any of his calls, which I would expect should have also been considered by him as odd, yet (evidently) wasn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaneH said:

It's you who are trying to send an innocent man to death row.  If you say something is proof of guilt, you should be able to support it with facts.

I don't have to do squat, I'm not here to try to convince anyone of anything, but tell Peterson what I say and he'll know which one of us he's fooled and which one he hasn't. :yes:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, regi said:

Right, well, I was trying to point out that earlier in the day, he'd called home and then her cell, yet he didn't repeat that later. In other words, once he was home and saw that Laci wasn't there, it's inexplicable (since it's how he'd approached the same scenario earlier) that he wouldn't then have tried her cell.

There's a very good reason why he didn't try her cell phone when he got home.  Do you know what it is?

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:04 PM, Jerry Gallo said:

It was both. Geragos lied in the motion, Harris lied in the documentary. I don't care about six weeks or two weeks either. June 25 AT THE LATEST - they knew about the tip and the significance of the tip. And they followed up on it...before his case in chief. He had the tip all along- nobody buried it. Now here's the thing. Mark Geragos being incompetent is a non-starter. And all due respect to any Scott supporter out there, blaming him and using incompetence as the reason is either lazy or opportunistic. The man said before he took on the case he thought the prosecution could indict and convict just on what was known. He thought he could spin it and he failed. So, incompetence at spin is different than incompetence at law. He took his shots and they failed. Because there is simply nothing that refutes Scott did this.

We don't know it was a detective, even as Aponte swore to it. Odds are it wasn't. This isn't me arguing about guilt or innocence, it's me discussing protocol and manpower. 9000 tips, all sorts of information. You have front line LE people taking these tips and vetting what is legit and what isn't. There was a tip about remains and internal organs. Police followed up, turned out they were animal remains. No one is going to file a report on that to pass along to detectives when a missing woman investigation is active. Imagine the time wasted on reports with stuff like that. I understand you think there should be reports and maybe there should be. And I understand how you feel MPD conspired against Scott. But a department only has so many resources and I guarantee protocol to satisfy defense attorney's and supporters of the accused during and after a trial is the least of their concerns when there is a pursuit of human life. Yes, I am really suggesting to you that hearsay from an inmate will be ignored when the subject of the hearsay is in the same building. Why call Aponte, interview Shawn, which would lead to an interview with Adam, then go hard at Todd when you can walk into Todd's cell and go hard at him? As for hearsay, flip the script. Let's say the prosecution offered quadruple hearsay from Tenbrink through Aponte from Adam that Scott admitted he killed Laci. Would you accept that as proof Scott killed Laci? I think we both know you wouldn't, nor would I. 

Why would Scott lie about what Laci was wearing when she left. My best guess is that was her typical walking attire. Whatever the case, I salute you for answering the question with more than made up jibberish or telling me you don't have to answer the question. The thing is, we agree he did say what she was wearing and she was not found in black pants. And everything about your theory makes sense but for one thing. I'll save that for now. 

Laci was quite busy for a pregnant woman, shopping, haircut, and OB visit on the 23rd. The result is help with groceries, feet up on the coffee table. Two people testifying she was tired at Serenity. Amy testified she was tired. Even Scott said she'd been tired. The amount of activity Laci performed and was yet to perform on the 24th is mind-blowing and extremely unlikely. Imagine, two breakfasts, internet surfing, mopping, watching MS, two changes of clothes, a walk of some distance with the dog, shopping again, baking cookies, pick up the basket, checking mail, confronting burglars...everything done except baking and shopping within four to five hours. The day before, four activities over the whole day, three of them sitting appointments and she's tired and moving slow at every one. Next day, she's a virtual machine. Just not logical.   

There's plenty of incompetence to go around in this case - on both sides.  It's not an excuse or a reason - it's simply a fact.  And with all due respect, you disallow incompetence on the defense side as a reason for why things didn't get done - but you cut the MPD an awful lot of slack.  How is lack of manpower a valid reason for cops not writing a report - but not a valid reason for the defense not properly investigating the Aponte tip?  Tips - important ones - weren't vetted by front of the line people.  Amber's tip went STRAIGHT to Brocchini.   There is simply no valid comparison, in my opinion, between a tip about organs and remains and a tip saying a Lieutenant in the prison system has information about two people discussing Laci witnessing Todd breaking in.  That is possible exonerating information for Scott and could also be a tip that could lead to finding Laci alive.  There is NO excuse for them not following up on that tip (IF you believe they didn't).  Do you think that if they had gotten a tip from someone who had information about Scott's guilt that they would have gone to Scott first and asked him about it and whether he did it?  No - absolutely not.  It would have made no sense for them to go to Todd instead of or before going to Tenbrink - when they had already talked to Todd and he denied having anything to do with Laci's disappearance.  You go - talk to Tenbrink - get as much information as you can - figure out if there were any actual witnesses - anyone with Todd.  And I'm sorry Jerry - but whether the Tenbrink info brings forth any valuable info or not - a report is written.  Why do we know about the Tracy tip?  There are pages and pages of reports written about tips that were checked out and yielded nothing.   Checking out a tip - especially one as important as that one - and not filing a report is NOT proper protocol or procedure. 

I'm not sure why you are comparing what Harris knew with what Geragos knew and when.  Maybe Harris didn't find out about the Aponte tip until later.  Maybe he wasn't privy to that conversation between Jensen and Geragos in June.  Saying or suggesting they followed up on the tip in June is a misrepresentation of what actually happened.  Jensen called and talked to a person at the prison who was NOT Aponte.  That's it.  Until Mr. R. came forward - that was the extent of their follow up.   Call it what you want - lack of manpower, incompetence...that was the extent of it.  Aponte's signed statement for the defense is dated after Mr. R. came forward.  There is NOTHING to suggest that they talked to Aponte or Tenbrink prior to that.

Jerry.....that last paragraph....4 things on the 23rd?  On the 23rd - Laci did MUCH more than four things.    I assume she ate breakfast (at least once).  She went to a lighting store.  She went grocery shopping - bought 23 items (the trip to the grocery store on the 24th was going to be to just get the bread for her French toast recipe).  She brought all the bags into the house herself.  She fixed herself some lunch.  She ate the lunch.  Watched t.v. and did some reading while she ate her lunch.  She went to a waxing appointment.  She went to her doctor's appointment.  She went with Scott to get his haircut.  She went with Scott to the video store and she stopped for pizza with Scott.  Then she watched a movie with Scott.  Yes - pregnant women get tired.  But it doesn't stop us from getting things done.   It clearly didn't stop Laci from getting things done. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, Jerry Gallo said:

You're absolutely right, I have no idea. Just seems like there are six tight knit folks and not seven. 

For the record - Jane is very much an equal part of the SPA team.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, Jerry Gallo said:

Thing is, if someone called Hicks or Stough, the guy who knew Todd or the guy who investigated him and said, "this guy have murder in him" and both said no, that isn't going to be on a police report. But I'll concede the premise. One thing that is clear is that there is a lot of information under seal or unavailable to the public. And I now know the extent the defense is willing to go to sell their case. But my opinion doesn't matter one iota, I just worry for some of the Peterson supporters frankly. Sometimes I picture someone else confessing and having to analyze my thought processes about criminal cases and assessing information. Then I wonder about the flip side, if Scott confessed or his habeas is denied...honestly, I'm scared for a few pro-Scott folks I've encountered over the years.  

I know you conceded - but one more thing   :-)  ...the tip doesn't say Todd murdered Laci.  It simply said Laci witnessed Todd breaking in.  I would think that would have been a red flag to those who investigated the Medina burglary that maybe the perps weren't telling the truth.  Maybe they didn't kill Laci - but if they saw her - then Scott is innocent. 

There are certainly some crazies on both sides.  

Edited by lsmith510
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:29 PM, regi said:

I meant when- or sometime after- he got home.

Laci typically left her phone in her car.  The only charger she had for her phone was the car charger - so she typically left the phone in her car.  Sharon said that the first time Laci got sick walking - she told Laci she should take her phone with her the next time.  The second time Laci got sick - Sharon asked her if she had her phone with her and Laci told her no.  So further proof that Laci didn't carry her cell phone with her everywhere she went.  Since Laci's car was in the driveway, and Laci typically left her cell phone in the car - that would explain why Scott didn't call her cell phone from the house after he got home.

3 hours ago, Sly Humour said:

Servas put the dog back at 10:18. 

Wow...you got this one right

>>>>>>>>>>>>

When did she change into khaki pants? 

10:41 (give or take 30 seconds)

It may have been earlier than 10:18 when Servas found the dog.  She testified that the latest she found the dog was 10:18.  In a report by Grogan, she stated she found the dog between 10:10 and 10:17.

Her walk on that day would have taken at least 45 minutes, probably close to an hour.  Even if she left for the walk as early as 10:15, she wouldn't have been home to change into the tan pants until at least 11:00.

2 hours ago, regi said:

He couldn't have known squat, but her car in the driveway certainly would have implied that she was home. (Please don't try to tell me that he wouldn't have expected her to be home once he'd seen her car in the driveway.)

As for what Peterson knew, up to that point he knew that despite the fact that he hadn't heard from his pregnant wife since that morning- that he'd called both numbers and not Sharon and nor any other number to try and to reach her- she hadn't returned any of his calls, which I would expect should have also been considered by him as odd, yet (evidently) wasn't.

You make it sound like Scott had been trying to reach Laci all day and she didn't call him back.  First call to her was at 2:15.  He arrived home at 4:45.    His calls didn't ask her to call him back.  His calls to her were simply to ask her to pick up the basket.  Do you really think it's strange for a man to not panic immediately?   Is it really unreasonable to think that he didn't immediately panic - told himself that maybe her mother - who lived 5 minutes away - may have come and picked her up early for the dinner?  Maybe Laci rushing into the house (maybe to pee) after walking the dog and forgetting to take the leash off after was a common occurrence.  Is it really unreasonable to think that, as a man (no offense to the men on this board) that he just didn't put two and two together?   I know PLENTY of men (and women) that would not have. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Aw dammit Jane, I figured as one of the few who reads the transcripts carefully, you'd know this. Not good form, if you had a SPA title or mean girl Twitter profile, you may be in danger of a demotion. Fortunately, I'm here to help.

11:44am - Lee

3:44pm - Amy

No need to thank me, I am on your side! 

Well - considering the 11:44 am call only shows up on Lee's phone records - and not Scott's - it's likely that Scott wasn't in a good cell area and that call never made it to his cell phone.  So there's no evidence that Scott ignored that call.

As far as Amy's call - didn't Scott get gas in Livermore?  Livermore is about 51 minutes from the warehouse.  That would have him possibly getting gas around the time Amy called.   Just sayin.  ;-) 

Edited by lsmith510

14 minutes ago, lsmith510 said:

Since Laci's car was in the driveway, and Laci typically left her cell phone in the car - that would explain why Scott didn't call her cell phone from the house after he got home.

As to whether Laci had her cell with her, I view it as something he couldn't have known.

1 hour ago, lsmith510 said:

Do you really think it's strange for a man to not panic immediately? 

I've never suggested that I think he should have panicked!

My observation is that although he'd made three calls to two numbers, he hadn't heard from Laci, nor had she returned any of his calls and evidently, he didn't find that odd.

His calls to her were simply to ask her to pick up the basket. 

I'd expected him to have called Amy about the basket, not Laci,and especially after he didn't actually reach Laci. 

Well - considering the 11:44 am call only shows up on Lee's phone records - and not Scott's - it's likely that Scott wasn't in a good cell area and that call never made it to his cell phone.  So there's no evidence that Scott ignored that call.

That friend Peterson had also spoken to, is it correct that he thinks Peterson's guilty?

Edit: One other thing I'm curious about: does anyone ever ask Peterson for explanations or do supporters just make them up?

Edited by regi
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lsmith510 said:

I would think that would have been a red flag to those who investigated the Medina burglary that maybe the perps weren't telling the truth.

The primary objective of the investigation into the Medina burglary was to identify or eliminate any possible connection to Laci's disappearance, in other words, by the time of the tip, investigators had already been there, done that, and so if they addressed that tip irregardless of that fact, then I think it's to their credit. 

2 hours ago, lsmith510 said:

As far as Amy's call - didn't Scott get gas in Livermore?  Livermore is about 51 minutes from the warehouse.  That would have him possibly getting gas around the time Amy called.   Just sayin.  ;-) 

Or...Peterson didn't actually give a rat's ass about whether Papa received his Christmas present. Just sayin'. ;-)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lsmith510 said:

I explained all this to them back on page 58...

6 hours ago, lsmith510 said:

You make it sound like Scott had been trying to reach Laci all day and she didn't call him back.  First call to her was at 2:15.  He arrived home at 4:45.    His calls didn't ask her to call him back.  His calls to her were simply to ask her to pick up the basket.  Do you really think it's strange for a man to not panic immediately?   Is it really unreasonable to think that he didn't immediately panic - told himself that maybe her mother - who lived 5 minutes away - may have come and picked her up early for the dinner?  

... and this as well.

But it`s not that they don`t listen... it`s that they just don`t get it.

Here it is again though... and the only thing I`ll subtract is the sandwich. He didn`t stop to eat in Livermore after all, he stopped to stretch his legs (he`d been sitting in a truck and a boat for over 3 hours)

As for the $13.08 receipt at the Chevron?  He simply topped up the boat tank while he was there.

On 2/28/2018 at 11:09 PM, Sly Humour said:

I love the way you and Regi work as a tag team with your posts. It’s much more entertaining than Wrestlemania. And the frequency with which you click on each other’s Love button suggests that it’s only a matter of time before both of you wind up at the Elvis Chapel in Las Vegas mumbling your wedding vows in front of Aunt Yolanda.
Regi’s dog could be the ring bearer!

There’s no argument from me that Amy told Scott the night before to pick up the basket between noon and 3pm. However, 4pm was the gift basket deadline when Vella Farms closed for the day, unless you think its standard retail practise on Christmas Eve for shops to call their customers 45 minutes after they close instead of 15 minutes before, to remind them to swing by. We even have Amy second guessing the closing time on the stand with Distaso and then admitting that the Farm was closing up when she walked in the door just after four. I should have phrased it differently in the post regarding Scott, but no one is perfect. You’ve proved that a hundred times already.

1.  The arrangement had been made the night before at the salon for Scott to pick up the basket, not his wife, and not Amy.  So that was the plan. And at the time he left for the warehouse the next morning he would have had ample time to make the round-trip to Berkeley Marina and pick up the basket on the way there. Therefore it wasn’t necessary for Scott and Laci to discuss other options in the morning.

2.  Meanwhile the argument can be made that by the time Scott arrived at the warehouse around 10:08 he had already forgotten about the appointment. Since he left the warehouse with the boat around 11:20 there was clearly not enough time for him to drive to Berkeley first, launch a boat for an hour, and then pick up the basket on the way back by 3pm. So the obvious solution would be to pick up the basket on the way out to the Marina and then everything would work out just fine. But the fact that he didn’t do that is a very strong indication that he had forgotten about the appointment altogether.

Now I’ll stipulate that Scott Peterson was a forgetful guy at times if you stipulate that he had a lot on his mind in the month of December. I’m certain that we both agree he was having an affair with Amber Frey and trying to hide his marriage from her while at the same time probably trying to hide the affair from his wife as well. A licensed neurologist will tell you that this kind of complicated ongoing subterfuge would likely increase the level of forgetfulness in the average human being.  And since he forgets to offload the umbrellas twice in one day, it’s not unreasonable to consider that he forgets that he has to swing by Vella Farms for the basket as well.

3.  Scott arrives at Berkeley and puts the boat in the water at 12:54. He still hasn’t remembered the appointment yet which is why he doesn’t call anyone to pick up the basket for him.

4.  His plan was to be back at the marina around 13:45, on his way by 14:00, at the warehouse around 15:45, and home by 16:00 to take a quick shower and change, but he’s running almost 15 minutes behind when he pulls the boat out of the water and climbs into the truck. And if he happens to run into any Christmas Eve traffic along the way then he’s really screwed. So as he drives out of the parking lot he knows he’s going to be late arriving home, traffic or not.

He checks his voicemail at 14:12 and this is the moment when he suddenly remembers the appointment. He realizes that he won’t be able to pick up the basket on time and so he immediately dials the home number first and when Laci doesn’t answer he calls her cell phone and leaves the message asking her to pick up the basket for him. At this point he considers the basket issue potentially resolved unless she calls him back to say that she can’t do it. 

5.  He doesn’t need to call Amy and have her pick up the basket because he just left a message for Laci asking her to do it.

6.  In the meantime, he calls his friend, he calls his dad, and he decides to make a quick stop in Livermore for a sandwich because the Cinnamon Puffs from 8am have long since worn off. So he pulls into a Chevron and pays cash for a Ham & Swiss and then he either tops off the F150 or the boat tank at the pump with his debit card. Might as well since he’s there.

Meanwhile, Laci hasn’t called back to tell him that she can’t pick up the basket, and since he didn’t ask for a callback, he’s not too concerned and probably even a bit relieved that she’s bailing him out. Meanwhile, Vella Farms contacts Amy at 15:45 to inquire about the basket because they are closing in 15 minutes (that would be 4pm by the way) and after she hangs up the phone with them she calls Scott on his cell phone and the home phone but he doesn’t answer. Meanwhile Scott decides to call Laci again at 15:52 to let her know that he won’t be arriving home by 16:00 because traffic on the way back from the Bay is bumper to bumper after all. It’s also possible he places this call shortly after leaving the Chevron and if that’s the case then the reason why he missed the call from Amy is because the cell phone was in the truck while he was topping up the tank and Amy didn’t think to leave a message.

7.  If the whole point of meeting Laci at 16:00 was to head over to the Rocha’s early (which Scott’s statement in the recorded conversation between him and Frey suggests) the obvious reason why he doesn’t go home first, then drop off the boat, and then drive to the Rocha’s house is because this would actually take even longer considering the close proximity of Emerald Ave to a driver inbound from the west on the 132 or the 99.  

8.  He arrives home over 45 minutes late and heads inside to shower and change. The Land Rover is in the driveway, the dog is in the back yard with the leash still attached, and the French doors are unlocked. Maybe Inspector Gallo would immediately assume that something truly horrific has happened here and it’s time to call up the National Guard, but Scott Peterson is a fertilizer salesman, not a soothsayer. Besides, these things make perfect sense to him if Laci is already home from Vella Farms and just brought the dog back from a quick one at the fire hydrant three doors down.   

He dumps the bucket outside so the cats don’t lap up the Lysol. He inhales the slice of Garlic Tuscon and gargles the milk after flipping the rags out of the washer for his soiled clothing (which any paralegal will tell you is incontrovertible proof of murder).

He doesn’t see the basket on the kitchen table and figures she left it in the Land Rover. It’s a basket not a boomerang so why would she make the round-trip with it from her car to the house and back to her car again when she can just leave it there for later when they split for dinner at the Rocha’s. 

And how do I conclude that they were probably planning to take the Land Rover?

It’s Christmas Eve, men usually drink, and she’s pregnant. Who do you think the likely designated driver is going to be… Santa Claus?

He takes a quick shower and then pulls on the some clean clothes. There’s still no sign of Laci in the house and he wonders if maybe Ron picked her up earlier and she's already over there now. That would make sense because she wanted to be over there early to help Sharon with the dinner and since Scott is the tardy fool he can find his own way over there now. Then again maybe she went next door with a plate of gingerbread cookies to wish Karen a Merry Christmas… only there is no smell of gingerbread in the house. Wait a second…?

He starts thinking about Ron again and it seems strange that she would leave with him and not lock the French doors or take the leash off the dog. He looks around the kitchen and inside the fridge to see if there is French toast marinating in there, or some gingerbread cookies in a container on the counter, but he finds nothing. He goes into the master bedroom and opens the closet door and right there is Laci’s purse. Something is off here.

By this time it’s 17:15 and Scott goes straight to the answering machine and plays back the three messages that have not been listened to yet. Two from him and one from Ron asking Laci to pick up some whipped cream on the way. He thinks to himself that something is definitely wrong here now. He picks up the phone and dials Sharon at 17:17 and asks her if Laci is over there with her and Ron. And when Sharon tells him that she’s not, the alarm bells start going off in his head.

Now, he certainly could have said to Sharon that Laci was away, absent, misplaced, lost, astray, or any of the other 18 plus words in the thesaurus to describe the fact that she appeared to missing, but it looks like he simply decided to use the word missing.  

And the miscarriage of justice unfolded from there.

Meanwhile, the only fictional tale that exists in the entire Scott Peterson saga is the colossal one that the prosecution sold to a hostile jury in San Mateo County… and obviously to you too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JaneH said:

I beg your pardon.  It's you who are trying to send an innocent man to death row.  If you say something is proof of guilt, you should be able to support it with facts.

Jane, snap out of it. Scott was convicted and has been on death row for 13 years. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, JaneH said:

Don’t be confused by Jacobson’s phony cell phone experiment.  Scott could have been at his office when he checked his voice mail at 10:08.

The cell tower ping originated at the (1099) 1250 Brighton tower at 10:08, transferred to the (1033) 10th and D tower at 10:09. The home is serviced by the (1103) 1250 Brighton tower and the warehouse was serviced by the (1059) 929 Woodland tower. So, Scott was roughly ¼ to ½ way to his warehouse at 10:08. So, he left the home at 10:07. Arrived at his warehouse around 10:12. Nothing phony about Jacobson’s experiment, just you making stuff up to fit your narrative.

Her first estimate was 10:30. Then she tells Grogan 10:10.  Why not 10:00?  Her time estimates are not reliable.

She used a receipt and cell records online to backtrack on her time frame TO HELP SCOTT figure out what happened to Laci AT HIS REQUEST. There is no reason whatsoever to think Karen Servas was interested in changing a timeline to make Scott appear guilty.

The rest is just too delusional to waste another minute on you. 

Good news Jane, my last response to you. Good luck!

10 hours ago, lsmith510 said:

There's plenty of incompetence to go around in this case - on both sides.  It's not an excuse or a reason - it's simply a fact.  And with all due respect, you disallow incompetence on the defense side as a reason for why things didn't get done - but you cut the MPD an awful lot of slack.  How is lack of manpower a valid reason for cops not writing a report - but not a valid reason for the defense not properly investigating the Aponte tip?  Tips - important ones - weren't vetted by front of the line people.  Amber's tip went STRAIGHT to Brocchini.   There is simply no valid comparison, in my opinion, between a tip about organs and remains and a tip saying a Lieutenant in the prison system has information about two people discussing Laci witnessing Todd breaking in.  That is possible exonerating information for Scott and could also be a tip that could lead to finding Laci alive.  There is NO excuse for them not following up on that tip (IF you believe they didn't).  Do you think that if they had gotten a tip from someone who had information about Scott's guilt that they would have gone to Scott first and asked him about it and whether he did it?  No - absolutely not.  It would have made no sense for them to go to Todd instead of or before going to Tenbrink - when they had already talked to Todd and he denied having anything to do with Laci's disappearance.  You go - talk to Tenbrink - get as much information as you can - figure out if there were any actual witnesses - anyone with Todd.  And I'm sorry Jerry - but whether the Tenbrink info brings forth any valuable info or not - a report is written.  Why do we know about the Tracy tip?  There are pages and pages of reports written about tips that were checked out and yielded nothing.   Checking out a tip - especially one as important as that one - and not filing a report is NOT proper protocol or procedure. 

I'm not sure why you are comparing what Harris knew with what Geragos knew and when.  Maybe Harris didn't find out about the Aponte tip until later.  Maybe he wasn't privy to that conversation between Jensen and Geragos in June.  Saying or suggesting they followed up on the tip in June is a misrepresentation of what actually happened.  Jensen called and talked to a person at the prison who was NOT Aponte.  That's it.  Until Mr. R. came forward - that was the extent of their follow up.   Call it what you want - lack of manpower, incompetence...that was the extent of it.  Aponte's signed statement for the defense is dated after Mr. R. came forward.  There is NOTHING to suggest that they talked to Aponte or Tenbrink prior to that.

Jerry.....that last paragraph....4 things on the 23rd?  On the 23rd - Laci did MUCH more than four things.    I assume she ate breakfast (at least once).  She went to a lighting store.  She went grocery shopping - bought 23 items (the trip to the grocery store on the 24th was going to be to just get the bread for her French toast recipe).  She brought all the bags into the house herself.  She fixed herself some lunch.  She ate the lunch.  Watched t.v. and did some reading while she ate her lunch.  She went to a waxing appointment.  She went to her doctor's appointment.  She went with Scott to get his haircut.  She went with Scott to the video store and she stopped for pizza with Scott.  Then she watched a movie with Scott.  Yes - pregnant women get tired.  But it doesn't stop us from getting things done.   It clearly didn't stop Laci from getting things done. 

The Aponte/Tenbrink story bores me. A first year public defender would have put Aponte, both Tenbrinks and Todd on the stand if there was merit to anything they had to say about Laci. If you want to blame Geragos' incompetence, your call. He knew what I knew. Guarantee if you polygraph Geragos and ask him if Peterson killed Laci, "damn skippy" wouldn't move the needle. 

Harris lied. They had the tip, they acted on it, then pretended they didn't.  

You are comparing mostly sitting activities over the course of an entire day, brought in the four bags one by one, likely took her sweet time shopping, to getting up at 7am, mopping a floor, getting dressed twice, putting on expensive jewelry, walking between 1.7-2.3 miles with a hard to control dog but no cell phone, with additional plans to shop, bake, and find time for the basket pickup. I don't doubt the ability of pregnant women to get things done, it's just not consistent with what every person who spent time with her the previous two weeks had said about her. If you believe it, no worries. 

My time here is soon to end. It's just getting more and more unreasonable by the day. Perhaps some shuteye with refresh me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lsmith510 said:

By the way, where did you get the lighting store info?

7 hours ago, Jerry Gallo said:

Don’t be confused by Jacobson’s phony cell phone experiment.  Scott could have been at his office when he checked his voice mail at 10:08.

The cell tower ping originated at the (1099) 1250 Brighton tower at 10:08, transferred to the (1033) 10th and D tower at 10:09. The home is serviced by the (1103) 1250 Brighton tower and the warehouse was serviced by the (1059) 929 Woodland tower. So, Scott was roughly ¼ to ½ way to his warehouse at 10:08. So, he left the home at 10:07. Arrived at his warehouse around 10:12. Nothing phony about Jacobson’s experiment, just you making stuff up to fit your narrative.

Her first estimate was 10:30. Then she tells Grogan 10:10.  Why not 10:00?  Her time estimates are not reliable.

She used a receipt and cell records online to backtrack on her time frame TO HELP SCOTT figure out what happened to Laci AT HIS REQUEST. There is no reason whatsoever to think Karen Servas was interested in changing a timeline to make Scott appear guilty.

The rest is just too delusional to waste another minute on you. 

You would need to refer to Daniel White's testimony to understand what was wrong with Jacobson's experiment.  LSmith can sum it up for you better than I can.

I don't think Karen Servas changed her timeline to make Scott appear guilty.  She didn't discover the 10:34 Austin's receipt until Dec 28 when she was in New Mexico.  The first time she recreated her activities on the 24th based on that receipt was on Jan 3 after she returned to Modesto.  On that day, she estimated that she had found the dog at 10:18.  At a later date, she told Grogan it could have been as early as 10:10.  Her estimates may not have been totally accurate plus the fact that no one in MPD ever verified the accuracy of the time on the Austin's receipt.

Edited by JaneH

17 hours ago, lsmith510 said:

For the record - Jane is very much an equal part of the SPA team.

She's not represented as such, I probably know why. 

• The title was changed to Was Scott Peterson innocent ?
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked