Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Scott Peterson innocent ?

Booth

12 minutes ago, Tennison said:

Exactly. Had the date (the 24th) been found to be incorrect, the courts have the authority to amend the charge date. They did not do this. Instead, the charge with a date of 12/26 was dismissed (which was a 2nd degree felony burglary charge) and they plead to the charges for 12/24 (which were 1st degree felony burglary).

I wholeheartedly agree with Sly. By the 25th & far into the evening on the 26th, there were search parties, friends, family, police and helicopters all over Covena, the park and surrounding streets – all Todd’s routes/haunts. Now I don’t think he was sitting around watching the news, he was in the streets, which has an even more profound effect on what was happening in the neighborhood. Did a felon coming up on his third strike decide that hey, there’s some mail sitting in the mailbox across the street from that missing pregnant woman’s house, the owners must not be home, we should rob it! Now another thing – the mail sticking out of the Medina’s box (outgoing mail) was picked up on the 24th, no? Anything left by Graybill would not have been sticking out, I recall it was a large mailbox and since they were leaving to go out of town, I don't think they were expecting any large packages, so after the 24th, how was Todd to assume that nobody was home at the Medina's in addition to thinking it's a good idea to rob the house across the street from the missing pregnant woman?

Have Todd or Pearce been in trouble with the law since the case? They sure were active prior to it, would be pretty incredible if they’ve kept out of trouble since.

Always interesting to see a new poster, first post contain a quote and and affirmation of another poster. 

I think we could spend weeks discussing the date of the burglary, and although important to the case, I think the more pressing issue is if the burglary had anything to,do,with Laci’s disappearance. My personal opinion is that even if they did occur on the same day, they are coincidental but unrelated. There is no evidence presented at trial, in the appeal or in the Habeas that links the burglary and the murder. I’m not the forum police, but I think that is the more relevant point to all of this,

DVD

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Tennison said:

Exactly. Had the date (the 24th) been found to be incorrect, the courts have the authority to amend the charge date. They did not do this. Instead, the charge with a date of 12/26 was dismissed (which was a 2nd degree felony burglary charge) and they plead to the charges for 12/24 (which were 1st degree felony burglary).

I wholeheartedly agree with Sly. By the 25th & far into the evening on the 26th, there were search parties, friends, family, police and helicopters all over Covena, the park and surrounding streets – all Todd’s routes/haunts. Now I don’t think he was sitting around watching the news, he was in the streets, which has an even more profound effect on what was happening in the neighborhood. Did a felon coming up on his third strike decide that hey, there’s some mail sitting in the mailbox across the street from that missing pregnant woman’s house, the owners must not be home, we should rob it! Now another thing – the mail sticking out of the Medina’s box (outgoing mail) was picked up on the 24th, no? Anything left by Graybill would not have been sticking out, I recall it was a large mailbox and since they were leaving to go out of town, I don't think they were expecting any large packages, so after the 24th, how was Todd to assume that nobody was home at the Medina's in addition to thinking it's a good idea to rob the house across the street from the missing pregnant woman?

Have Todd or Pearce been in trouble with the law since the case? They sure were active prior to it, would be pretty incredible if they’ve kept out of trouble since.

Here's a link to a blog article that explains the Medina mailbox.  Outgoing mail could be seen.  Delivered mail could not.
pwc-consulting.blogspot.com/2010/07/medina-mailbox.html

I do know that Todd has had no felony convictions since he was released from prison in 2008 or 2009.  There have been some other charges, but the most serious one for beating up his son, was reduced to a misdemeanor, something like creating a disturbance.

Haven't checked on Pearce recently.  As I recall, some minor charges.  He never was much of a criminal.  That's why I tend to think it's true that he was only involved when they returned to the scene to get the safe which Todd had left on the front porch.  However, I don't think he was driving his mother's little white Honda.

ETA:  Pearce has had a couple of felony convictions since 2004- one for possession of a controlled substance, one for a hit and run.
https://portal.stanct.org/Portal/Home/Dashboard/29

Edited by JaneH

30 minutes ago, DvdLghtmn said:

Always interesting to see a new poster, first post contain a quote and and affirmation of another poster. 

I think we could spend weeks discussing the date of the burglary, and although important to the case, I think the more pressing issue is if the burglary had anything to,do,with Laci’s disappearance. My personal opinion is that even if they did occur on the same day, they are coincidental but unrelated. There is no evidence presented at trial, in the appeal or in the Habeas that links the burglary and the murder. I’m not the forum police, but I think that is the more relevant point to all of this,

DVD

After reading through the previous posts and seeing that the burglary was being discussed, which has always been an interesting facet to this case to me, I wanted to get some things clarified by Jane who to me, seems very knowledgeable to the other side of facts. There's tons of pro-guilters out there and tons of media outlets ready to give you the reasons why he's guilty but not many on the other side and that's why I sought out this forum. No, you are not the forum police but I see that you felt the need to go there. I refrained from engaging with pro-guilters as I've seen the nastiness, condescending attitude and downright abuse towards others. I get why if someone felt that a person has been wrongfully convicted, you'd want to get the truth out there but for you pro-guilters who are obviously not changing many minds but having a ball on your high horse, what's the point of going round and round? Justice has been served in your eyes. 

• Like 1

Re: burglary charges, since it was plea, I think those dates merely reflect what the court accepted as fact.

2 hours ago, Tennison said:

so after the 24th, how was Todd to assume that nobody was home at the Medina's

I think it was because of the one car in the driveway.

12 hours ago, JaneH said:

Regi, why you would want to align yourself with Nick, I'm not sure.  She has spent all night on the internet and now is flooding this thread with her nonsense which is becoming increasingly irrational.  If anyone else objects to this troll activity, please make it known.

Funny because he/she did that just a couple of minutes after my comment about the burglars being charged on 12/24, not 12/26, to bury it. Obvious defensive mechanism. 

5 hours ago, Regi said:

Re: burglary charges, since it was plea, I think those dates merely reflect what the court accepted as fact.

Are you serious? So he spent the 25th & 26th bobbing and weaving through the search parties and police and all he took from it was that there’s only one car in the Medina driveway so let’s rob it since there’s so much activity on that street right now? 

8 hours ago, Tennison said:

After reading through the previous posts and seeing that the burglary was being discussed, which has always been an interesting facet to this case to me, I wanted to get some things clarified by Jane who to me, seems very knowledgeable to the other side of facts. There's tons of pro-guilters out there and tons of media outlets ready to give you the reasons why he's guilty but not many on the other side and that's why I sought out this forum. No, you are not the forum police but I see that you felt the need to go there. I refrained from engaging with pro-guilters as I've seen the nastiness, condescending attitude and downright abuse towards others. I get why if someone felt that a person has been wrongfully convicted, you'd want to get the truth out there but for you pro-guilters who are obviously not changing many minds but having a ball on your high horse, what's the point of going round and round? Justice has been served in your eyes. 

You lost me at "Jane has knowledge about the case" and "pro-guilters are nasty".  The best one "I agree with Sly" who didn't follow the case nor read the transcripts.   Troll alert!  

Edited by Nick007

6 hours ago, Regi said:

Can't believe they have to ask that ? 

15 hours ago, DvdLghtmn said:

DVD

I love it when they call their so called "net buddies" to help them because no one is buying their deliberate deception.  Anyway, they are clearly behind on reality.  Not even Scott himself believed the burglar's had anything to do with him killing his wife & child.  The conversation with his father is on tape.  He tells Lee that the two got arrested for the break in across the street.  Lee says "really".  Scott "no connection to Laci, though".  Lee "Too bad".  SP doesn’t even call the burglars out in his pathetic speech he made for the docuseries. He doesn’t even hint that they were the killers and he was framed by them.  

Todd was available for the Defense to call to the stand, but MG choose not to call him. 

12 hours ago, Regi said:

If one has to ask that ? after 15 yrs, they didn't follow the case.  Are they really asserting the court made it up?  smh :rolleyes:

Are you serious? So he spent the 25th & 26th bobbing and weaving through the search parties and police and all he took from it was that there’s only one car in the Medina driveway so let’s rob it since there’s so much activity on that street right now? 

Adding to the absurdity is the fact that there were never 2 cars in the Medina's driveway.  The second one was always kept on a pad behind a locked gate in the side yard.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JaneH said:

Adding to the absurdity is the fact that there were never 2 cars in the Medina's driveway.  The second one was always kept on a pad behind a locked gate in the side yard.

Medina's do not have a side yard, they have a full garage according to google maps (as far back as 20017):

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.6459815,-120.9720968,3a,75y,92.32h,75.44t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFpycB80c8Cg0QjARBny3lA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Medina_S.jpg.18ce619bfb280e7ed645cd27cbf43063.jpg

As I stated in my last reply, None of this really matters unless you can link the burglary to the murder!

Rowlands also fails to see the Hand-Truck/Dolly laying on the Medina's lawn:

Transcript of S-Medina on her return home 4:00PM December 26th

D. HARRIS:  Did you notice something a little bit unusual or out of the ordinary as you were there in your driveway when you first get home?    

MEDINA Yes.  We saw a lot of people.  People are on our lawns.  There were a lot of police officers.  There was a car, a police car, many police cars.    And when we drove into our driveway, we glanced at, at our front door, and it was locked.  So we thought, you know, it must not be our house.  And as my husband proceeded to open the south gate, he told me to get out and ask the couple of, I think they were sheriff from Contra Costa, to ask what's happening.  

D. HARRIS:  Did you notice anything about your lawn while you were there, other than the people that might have been standing on it?    

MEDINA Yes.     

D. HARRIS:  What did you notice?    

MEDINA Our dolly was there, our hand, call it dolly.    

D. HARRIS:  Is it, some people call it like a hand cart, some people call it a dolly?    

MEDINA Yeah.    

D. HARRIS:  Some device, kind of a metal frame device on wheels that you can move heavy objects?    

MEDINA Correct.     

DVD

Edited by DvdLghtmn

You must realize, you have 3 posts in this forum, and all are direct positive responses to Jane's posts, Now you gush about how knowledgeable she is, what a great start for you here, no statement of where you stand on the case, no history, just a public service announcement about how great Jane is, how nasty guilters are!  Great Work!

As for your contention that the date of the burglary is an important aspect of this case (to you).  What does the date of the Burglary matter if there is no evidence the action had anything to do with Laci's murder?

I always sit back and laugh at these kinds of posts, Jut when Jane is being held to task for lying about statements from Todd and Tenbrick that were never made, Tennison swoops in to help Jane wiggle off the hook and change the subject!  What member of the SPA group are we welcoming?  or as it reads, is it just Jane talking to herself!

DVD

• Haha 1

Check out all the items he was going to run to Mexico with.  A sample of times from that list includes items his own seedy family helped him obtain:

-$15,000
-BROTHER'S I.D.-
John Edward Peterson
-2 VISA CARDS & 1 MASTERCARD - Scott's Name
-1 MASTER CARD - Scott/Tradecorp
-1 AMERICAN BUSINESS CARD - Scott/
Tradecorp
-SISTER'S VISA CREDIT CARD -Ann E. Bird
-MOTHER'S CHEVRON CARD - Jackie Peterson
-FOREIGN CURRENCY (for Mexico)
-MAPQUEST MAP TO 
AMERICAN BODYWORKS<< Amber's work location he was going to kill her too.  
-4 CELL PHONES
-LARGE TENT

WATER PURIFICATION SYSTEM
-CAMP KIT WITH COOKING UTENSILS & ROPE
-CAMP STOVE
-COOKING GRILL
-FIRE STARTERS
-FILET KNIFE
-2 FOLDING KNIVES
-TENT CHAIR
-COMPASS
-DRIED AND CANNED FOOD
-CLIMBING EQUIPMENT & ROPES
-DOUBLE EDGED DAGGER WITH A T-HANDLE

-HAND SHOVEL
-DUCT TAPE
-FOLDING SAW
-BACKPACK
-BINOCULARS
-MASK & SNORKEL
-FISHING ROD & REEL

http://www.findlaci2003.us/scott-items-in-car.html

9 minutes ago, DvdLghtmn said:

You must realize, you have 3 posts in this forum, and all are direct positive responses to Jane's posts, Now you gush about how knowledgeable she is, what a great start for you here, no statement of where you stand on the case, no history, just a public service announcement about how great Jane is, how nasty guilters are!  Great Work!

As for your contention that the date of the burglary is an important aspect of this case (to you).  What does the date of the Burglary matter if there is no evidence the action had anything to do with Laci's murder?

I always sit back and laugh at these kinds of posts, Jut when Jane is being held to task for lying about statements from Todd and Tenbrick that were never made, Tennison swoops in to help Jane wiggle off the hook and change the subject!  What member of the SPA group are we welcoming?  or as it reads, is it just Jane talking to herself!

DVD

Never even heard of a person with that name as a pro "killer lover" either.  Guess posting facts is "nasty" to them.  Jane loves talking to herself.  I've seen that many, many times before.   Love how they have no clue what time nor date the burglary took place.  Just one dumb excuse or fudged testimony after another.  

Let's get with reality. The SPATs are notorious on the net. They have earned their horrible reputation. They constantly try to deflect their nasty behavior.  Read Lsmith's highly suspect meltdown up threat.  Why did she troll an investigator on facebook?  She, Marlene & the rest of them all did.  

Anyone else frame Scott Peterson?  I know the I did!  The whole world did actually.  (sarcasm intended)

Edited by Nick007

5 minutes ago, Nick007 said:

Never even heard of a person with that name as a pro "killer lover" either.  Guess posting facts is "nasty" to them.  Jane loves talking to herself.  I've seen that many, many times before.  

Well the timing and the content are very suspect!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DvdLghtmn said:

Medina's do not have a side yard, they have a full garage according to google maps (as far back as 20017):

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.6459815,-120.9720968,3a,75y,92.32h,75.44t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFpycB80c8Cg0QjARBny3lA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Medina_S.jpg.18ce619bfb280e7ed645cd27cbf43063.jpg

As I stated in my last reply, None of this really matters unless you can link the burglary to the murder!

DVD

LOL they can't even get a picture right. 

Which they never can in over 15 yrs.  It's all bs and they know.  I really hope they sue every singling SPAT and really go after Marlene Newell who made it all up.  

3 minutes ago, DvdLghtmn said:

Well the timing and the content are very suspect!

Of course it is.  That game they never win at.  Shocked they didn't name themselves "Nancy Drew".  

24 minutes ago, DvdLghtmn said:

Medinas did not have a garage in December 2002.

D. HARRIS:  Okay.  When you, when you were loading up the car, where was your car at?    

MEDINA Our car was located on our pad on the south side of the house, and it's inside a gate.    

D. HARRIS:  So kind of in the backyard?  

MEDINA It's, it's not in the backyard, it's on the side yard.    

3 minutes ago, JaneH said:

Medinas did not have a garage in December 2002.

D. HARRIS:  Okay.  When you, when you were loading up the car, where was your car at?    

MEDINA Our car was located on our pad on the south side of the house, and it's inside a gate.    

D. HARRIS:  So kind of in the backyard?  

MEDINA It's, it's not in the backyard, it's on the side yard.    

Just going by the picture I could find, please post a picture from 2002 if you have it!

Also: Please post Todd and Tenbricj Statements!

DVD

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DvdLghtmn said:

Tennison swoops in to help Jane wiggle off the hook and change the subject!  What member of the SPA group are we welcoming?  or as it reads, is it just Jane talking to herself!

DVD

I do not know who Tennison is, but I appreciate his well-informed comments.  What you may not know is that there are thousands of people who support Scott Peterson's innocence.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DvdLghtmn said:

Just going by the picture I could find, please post a picture from 2002 if you have it!

Also: Please post Todd and Tenbricj Statements!

DVD

It's been many days she has had time to back up their junk with the actual statements because she can't.  She knows she can't because she made it up. Period. That picture proves nothing. Just waste of net space she took from pwc.  

1 minute ago, JaneH said:

I do not know who Tennison is, but I appreciate his well-informed comments.  What you may not know is that there are thousands of people who support Scott Peterson's innocence.  

Nice try.  So they just happen to come here and act like they know you?  :rolleyes: There are not thousands of SP supporters. That bs & we know it.  Stop with your games. Now give us Todd's statement.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JaneH said:

Ant that is just the 1000 personalities in your head! lol

On a serious note:

Please post the statements of Todd and Tenbrick and now the photo of the medina's property from 2002

DVD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JaneH said:

How do you know Tennison's gender? 

• Haha 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked