Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Booth

Was Scott Peterson innocent ?

3,438 posts in this topic

TashaMarie
On 11/1/2020 at 9:16 PM, Bavarian Raven said:

Curious, what about the 20+ people who say they saw her (including neighbours who knew her well) after her husband left for the shop / fishing? 
(Again, not saying he did or didn't do it, but I find it hard that there would be that many false reports. Especially by people who knew her well).

I have always had an issue with the amount of people who believed they saw her morning.  Why weren't they called as witnesses?  I still think they need to look into the burglars more.

• Like 1

Creepy girl
9 hours ago, TashaMarie said:

I have always had an issue with the amount of people who believed they saw her morning.  Why weren't they called as witnesses?  I still think they need to look into the burglars more.

I am always skeptical of eyewitness accounts as many times they can be wrong.  At the same time, I feel they need to be well investigated and not ruled out so quickly.  Especially, if it is someone from the neighborhood and they are familiar with the victim.  In this case, I do not feel they were really taken into account since the police were fixated on Scott.  It also seems Mark Geragos did not bother to call them, as he felt it was not necessary.  Although, I can not be 100 percent sure of the reasoning behind that.  I would agree that they definitely need to look into the burglars more, but as I said before, they did not wish to because they felt they already had their man.  So many problems with this and leave unanswered questions.

• Like 2

TashaMarie
On 11/7/2020 at 2:26 PM, Creepy girl said:

I am always skeptical of eyewitness accounts as many times they can be wrong.  At the same time, I feel they need to be well investigated and not ruled out so quickly.  Especially, if it is someone from the neighborhood and they are familiar with the victim.  In this case, I do not feel they were really taken into account since the police were fixated on Scott.  It also seems Mark Geragos did not bother to call them, as he felt it was not necessary.  Although, I can not be 100 percent sure of the reasoning behind that.  I would agree that they definitely need to look into the burglars more, but as I said before, they did not wish to because they felt they already had their man.  So many problems with this and leave unanswered questions.

I agree with eye witnesses not being reliable as it has been proven time after time that they are not.  But as you said they were just dismissed without any real work being put into following them up.  This annoys me greatly because IF Scott is innocent the police have left the killer/s free to kill more innocent people.  I honestly feel there was not enough evidence to prove without reasonable doubt that he killed her, unless there was alot more revealed in court we are not aware of.

• Like 2

Bavarian Raven

Another point that I cannot get over is that I’ve read / heard that her child was born before being killed. :,( which would imply that she was “held captive” for a while. Can anyone back this up? (I’ve heard this on two crime podcasts recently). 

Creepy girl
2 hours ago, Bavarian Raven said:

Another point that I cannot get over is that I’ve read / heard that her child was born before being killed. :,( which would imply that she was “held captive” for a while. Can anyone back this up? (I’ve heard this on two crime podcasts recently). 

Yes, there has been different opinions on this about Conner's true age when they were discovered.  One doctor has him at one age while another at a possible later age.  I think it is really difficult to determine for sure based on the conditions in which they were discovered.  I don't think this is one that can be proven for sure on when the baby was actually born.  The theory is that it wasn't until after Lacy had passed though.  The question is more of when did Lacy actually die.  Was it on the day she went missing or a few days later? This would make a difference in the age of the baby as well when he passed.

• Like 1

Bavarian Raven
7 hours ago, Creepy girl said:

Yes, there has been different opinions on this about Conner's true age when they were discovered.  One doctor has him at one age while another at a possible later age.  I think it is really difficult to determine for sure based on the conditions in which they were discovered.  I don't think this is one that can be proven for sure on when the baby was actually born.  The theory is that it wasn't until after Lacy had passed though.  The question is more of when did Lacy actually die.  Was it on the day she went missing or a few days later? This would make a difference in the age of the baby as well when he passed.

Agreed. One *source* says there was wire and tape on the deceased child's neck - something that could clearly only have happened if the child was born before being thrown into the water. :'(

• Like 1

DieChecker

In the years since... has there been murders that seemed similar? That the "Real Killer" might have committed?

Bavarian Raven
5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

In the years since... has there been murders that seemed similar? That the "Real Killer" might have committed?

Well around that time period (before and after) around eight very pregnant women were murdered and just a week before her murder, another pregnant woman was almost abducted by two men. While not proof, it is very suspicious imho. 

• Like 1

docyabut2

If it was burglars they would  kill her on the spot and leave her, not dumped her in a lake.  Eight very pregnant women were murdered ? were they all dumped into the lakes to?

Creepy girl

Not necessarily.  The burglars on this particular day had an agenda and was in a neighborhood.  I doubt that if they did get picked up for the robbery which they did, they  would not want any ties to the murder.  It is possible that she was abducted by them since she may have interrupted them and taken to another location and then killed.  If they simply left her in or around the house they robbed, then it would have definitely tied them to her murder  which they would not want.  There was at least one other woman before Lacy that was dismembered and pregnant found in the bay.

Edited by Creepy girl
  • Like 1

Creepy girl
1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

If it was burglars they would  kill her on the spot and leave her, not dumped her in a lake.  Eight very pregnant women were murdered ? were they all dumped into the lakes to?

Not necessarily.  The burglars on this particular day had an agenda and was in a neighborhood.  I doubt that if they did get picked up for the robbery which they did, they  would not want any ties to the murder.  It is possible that she was abducted by them since she may have interrupted them and taken to another location and then killed.  If they simply left her in or around the house they robbed, then it would have definitely tied them to her murder  which they would not want.  There was at least one other woman before Lacy that was dismembered and pregnant found in the bay.

I apologize, I meant to add the quote in the previous post

Creepy girl
9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I need to research some more.  I haven't heard of any cases at least not since around the times of her murder.

docyabut2
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 10:08 AM, Bavarian Raven said:

Her head was separated from her body when she was found, why the baby was to.:(

• Sad 1