Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

King Arthur's grave was a medieval hoax

UM-Bot

The grave site of King Arthur at Glastonbury Abbey was actually a hoax designed to attract more visitors.

Long purported to be the final resting place of the legendary King Arthur and his wife Guinevere, the marked grave at Glastonbury Abbey in Somerset, England is a bit of a mystery in its own right.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/292995/king-arthurs-grave-was-a-medieval-hoax

• Like 2

Ya think!

• Like 3

People been making tourist traps for thousands of year. I know no doubt the Pyramids, Stonehenge, Church of the Nativity, Mecca, etc are all deep down tourist traps. Tourist traps are not anything new that is for sure.

@greenmansgod, i doubt Stonehenge or the pyramids are tourists traps. They're megalithic structures,with an architecture complexity that defies mainstream history.

• Like 1

There's an abbey in Glastonbury? All I saw when I went there was a gaggle of hippies trying to sell crystals and dream-catchers from their New Age Mumbo-Jumbo outlets.

There's an abbey in Glastonbury? All I saw when I went there was a gaggle of hippies trying to sell crystals and dream-catchers from their New Age Mumbo-Jumbo outlets.

Yeah I've been to the abbey and have loads of pics.

Yeah I've been to the abbey and have loads of pics.

Oh... I missed out there, then.

The shops were rubbish, so I went in the pub!