Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did competition for food wipe out Megalodon ?

UM-Bot

The largest shark that ever lived may have been driven to extinction by competition from other predators.

Measuring up to 60ft in length, this prehistoric behemoth, which lived up until around 2. 6 million years ago, made the great white shark - which is less than a third of its size - look like a minnow.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/293151/did-competition-for-food-wipe-out-megalodon

• Like 1

This wouldn't surprise me if other sea predatores had out adapted the megaladon if they hunted the same food source.

• Like 1

I know how Megalodon felt!

When I am shopping for groceries, other shoppers will run over you with carts, push you, Had some take things from my cart when my back was turned. Checkout lines, they have 20, only two open and they seem to be waiting for something! Price checks...customer service managers...The line never Moves!

There have been times I have given up, left my cart where it was at and walk out with nothing.

There used to be a guy that mentioned Megalodon in post all the time. his usage of it always made me laugh.

Going to see if Mishkin shows up to post here.

• Like 4

Maybe there were 60 ft. dolphins as well doing what the current size dolphins do to the current sized sharks. If the sea creatures want the sharks gone, shouldn't we help them?

The gov't never said that the megaladon was too big to fail.

I, for one, embrace an ocean free of 60ft long giant killing machines designed to spread all living things that they encounter.

I always assume prey scarcity drove it to evolve to become smaller.

Couldn't "megalodon" also be used as a verb meaning putting on too many pieces of clothing...overdressing?

• 1 year later...

Megaladon is my favorite cryptozoology subject.Sadly I don’t think there are any left,If so why hasn’t one washed up on shore?