Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Former USAF aircraft mechanic films two UFOs

I watched the video which shows 2 dots in the sky. That's about all I ever see in UFO videos.

• Like 1

Along with good, hard, online-evidence, right?

Just something that can actually be discussed. Would be nice and all. We had some cases and you can certainly not deny they were discussed in detail. But in the end, there was nothing. Nada. I am looking for new UFO reports where there is something to discuss. If you have any examples, please do share.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Something my dad used to say, mixed with the responses that come to mind.

Ask and ye shall receive. (they asked for new info, didn't get.)

Seek and ye shall find. (Seems they tried that with no luck.)

Knock and it shall be opened unto you. (only option left. Knock...maybe something will open up.)

Did your Dad happen to deliver the Sermon on the Mount?
  • Like 2

Did your Dad happen to deliver the Sermon on the Mount?

He was good at giving lectures, then again I usually did things that gave him pause for concern.

• Like 1

You can't get any sense of distance, unfortunately. If they are as billed, big diamond shaped UFO's then I would say their lateral seed was quite high, something two flares could never do.

News might be slow on UFO's but check this out, off of Drudge page. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/bizarre-google-earth-footage-captures-7701315

This will likely be n here at some point soon, my guess is - it is a crashed experimental flying saucer, made by US military.

News might be slow on UFO's but check this out, off of Drudge page. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/bizarre-google-earth-footage-captures-7701315

This will likely be n here at some point soon, my guess is - it is a crashed experimental flying saucer, made by US military.

Have you considered any other possibilities first? Tent, perhaps?

I'm not so sure that the number of reports has increased. The higher number just could be a reflection of better reporting mechanisms, the internet, which allows people to speak more freely about them etc.

• Like 1

Canadian 'UFO sightings' nearly broke a record in 2015

http://www.businessi...-in-2015-2016-4

I got a call from a friend a few weeks ago who live 2 hours north of Toronto. His wife got up in the middle of the night and said she saw a UFO about 1000 feet away out her front room window. She stood there paralyzed for a time until it moved away. She said she was too scared to move for several minutes before she finally went in and woke him up.

Being a skeptic, it's hard for me to take stories at face value. We've been friends for over 20 year and neither of them are prone to fantasy, they are middle aged rational people, but I still didn't put much stock in it. It was the middle of the night, it was dark and they live in a remote area. It could have been a number of explainable things I suppose.

I told them they should contact MUFON if they were truly convinced they saw something out of the ordinary. I guess they aren't the only ones huh?

• Like 1

You'd think he'd be able to know a flare when he saw one, having military experience and all, Air Force at that. That is, if he is legit military. Hell, I was only in tje reserves a few years and I can spot a flare. With these, video is too poor to tell for certain but certainly loks like possible flares. I dunno.

My husband was just that, an Air Force aircraft mechanic, and he would have passed this off as usual stuff.

Now, I'm one to be very curious of this, since I have seen things in the skies, that I don't see any explanations of yet, ( there could still be, but at the moment anyways...) but because I look at the sky quite a lot, I feel those things in the video are stars.

They seem stationary, and they flicker like some do, because of our atmosphere. ( from what I understand of the star's flickering )

There is one star that I had noticed a couple of years ago, that seems to flicker colors. I wonder if that is what the video is of.

I got a call from a friend a few weeks ago who live 2 hours north of Toronto. His wife got up in the middle of the night and said she saw a UFO about 1000 feet away out her front room window. She stood there paralyzed for a time until it moved away. She said she was too scared to move for several minutes before she finally went in and woke him up.

Being a skeptic, it's hard for me to take stories at face value. We've been friends for over 20 year and neither of them are prone to fantasy, they are middle aged rational people, but I still didn't put much stock in it. It was the middle of the night, it was dark and they live in a remote area. It could have been a number of explainable things I suppose.

I told them they should contact MUFON if they were truly convinced they saw something out of the ordinary. I guess they aren't the only ones huh?

In the same sense, you could label my story of my experience as something that could be anything. But describing the wife as paralyzed for a time until said object was out of range, reminded me of something I experienced on an Air Force base years ago. ( February or March of 1998) where I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling rested but all of a sudden, instead of hearing the loud engine noised of AF planes slowly flying over head, I hear a soft low hum that quickly comes from the East to the West and when I heard it fly over our house, I could tell it was large, because of everything rattled in the house. It quickly quieted after that. Mean while, I couldn't jump out of the bed to see, ( which I usually do for everything ) and of course, by the time I felt I could, it was gone.

Yeah, it could be anything, including sleep paralysis, but I remember feeling wide awake at the time. It's just the feeling of being compelled to stay in bed, and not look.

As I feel, with any experience, there maybe experiences that I have can be explained or cannot explained, but I remember them never the less. And it would be interesting to see the many point of views. I like your story of your friend's experience.

As for this thread's video, I agree with most here, it is not a good video and what's in it seems to be explained quickly.

Why is their profession relevant, exactly?

From what I understand the gist is that an aircraft mechanic would be able to identify common aircraft so if it was something he couldn't identify then it must be something unusual, which is not necessarily true. UFO proponents usually take that a step farther with the false dichotomy that if it can't be identified by an 'authority' on the subject then it must be an alien craft or at the very least a high probability that it is. It is the usual mish mash of the appeal to authority and false dichotomy fallacies.

Edited by S2F
  • Like 3

From what I understand the gist is that an aircraft mechanic would be able to identify common aircraft so if it was something he couldn't identify then it must be something unusual, which is not necessarily true. UFO proponents usually take that a step farther with the false dichotomy that if it can't be identified by an 'authority' on the subject then it must be an alien craft or at the very least a high probability that it is. It is the usual mish mash of the appeal to authority and false dichotomy fallacies.

In which makes sense. But I would be interested in if they are indeed aircraft mechanics or maintenance or the like, then most of the time, they are on the ground. It was very rare times my husband flew. Unless, they were flight wingers, I think that is the term, I forgot, and can't get a name for the title on the web, but if they were NCO who flew, then I can really understand. But if they did what my husband did, they didn't fly much. But, they would be on the flight line all of the time, and I'm sure they have seen enough on the open field to noticed what is what.

Exactly. I would give his opinion of what an aircraft is or isn't more weight than say a marketing rep who had little or no knowledge of aircraft. But it's easy to overextend someone's credibility because of their profession.

• 1 month later...
On 04/22/2016 at 7:17 PM, CJ1983 said:

one of the worst "UFO" vids I've seen

There are good videos? I always assumed you had to be suffering from chronic withdrawal and blind to video something paranormal to ensure you get the shaking, terrible camera work and poor focus just right.

Withering scorn aside...This is actually a terrible video.