Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How would a god prove its existence?

Nuclear Wessel

Unburden yourself of the multiplicity of mumbo-jumbo creeds, and venture into the sun-lit uplands of truth, where you alone are the captain, on a voyage to the absolute. But, it is not without its risks, anything that involves averting your attention from the world is risky, but if there is a risk worth taking, this is it.

The same mumbo-jumbo creed you just quoted?

• Like 5

Given that the only reality we know exists within our minds, I'm not even sure we can prove our own existence.

• Like 2

Or perhaps he might give a written record explaining future event 2700 years in advance

There will be earthquakes

There will be wars

Honestly, who couldn't figure that out?

• Like 1

Not by rational means. God is accessible by love, not by reason. What manner of love, is this ? The love of truth, principally. the truth that, e.g., I am no more important than some random person across the world, that I have never even met. The ego does not stand for such nonsense, despite the truth of it being all too clear, when you really think about it. Love is about widening your circle of identity, till the stage of the ALL. At which point you are one with God, and become God.

Are you one of these guy's? The Family International, you sure seem to give off that persona.

• Like 2

There will be earthquakes

There will be wars

Honestly, who couldn't figure that out?

LOL. How ever did you know? You must be a prophet with magic seer stones.

• Like 5

Make me twenty-one again and that's all the proof I'd need

• Like 5

The one way is through the heart, not the rational, inquisitive mind.

What do you mean through the heart?

• Like 3

No, it is the work of a Hermes Trismegitus, who may actually be an amalgam of people from the ancient world.

Do you have a link?

• Like 2

Nothing will ever prove that god does/doesn't exist. Which is why we will never have an end to the argument from both sides. The trick would be at least to separate "god's" will from the will of man. However religions are saturated with the will of men. In fact I believe that's all religion is, a propaganda machine. Promoting spiritual elitism.

If god does exist, it would be like nothing from any religious text ever written. My biggest problem with god is where did god come from? What created god? If something created god then what created that thing/force/whatever it is that created god?

The questions tend to chase it's tail. Never having a real answer because no one knows.

As I stand right now; god is an idea. One created by our ancestors to explain things that they didn't understand. Which is why there were so many of them. Not only this, the word of god is just the work of men who wrote the text as if they were god.

There is a saying, "even the god of spring knows not how the flowers bloom". I would define God in the same way. Spontaneously God wakes up (or has always been, if you prefer) and finds itself within the mysterious realm of unconditioned Nature. God is innate of the natural order, and is astonished by its own being and Existence.

Whatever this god does or creates is in concordance with this innate construct. God is not omnipotent, in that it cannot create in contradiction to this intrinsic environment in which it finds itself.

God must obey the natural laws we must obey, and cannot contravene the natural laws of physics. If god creates our universe out of these natural laws, even this god does not know how it did it. God just waves its arms and it happens.

• Like 3

Given that the only reality we know exists within our minds, I'm not even sure we can prove our own existence.

i guess that is true, on an individual basis, but i'll never understand how some can think reality couldn't exist without "our' minds being involved. It's just far too obvious to me that physical reality existed before our minds did... or our minds would not now exist .

The universe didn't spring into existence when i was born. I can sort of go along with the idea of some sort of universal "mind" , which included/includes "our" minds pre-existing .. or post existing, for that matter.

according to "science" ALL was once ONE... they call it a singularity. I find it odd and interesting that most religions hold a similar view , in that ALL was once one with God and everything came, and comes, into being FROM God.

one last half baked thought.... if all was once one , i believe it still is, all still parts of the same whole.... from a scientific or a spiritual perspective.

• Like 2

I think the concept of god is likely (as mentioned before) a construct of man to explain the unexplained, and for the hope there is a "big brother" looking out for them and that all will be well in the end. I do think it's possible there is a spiritual world though, and the continuation of the soul. Just call me agnostic I guess>

People sometimes wonder how our universe was created, or who created it. The universe is always expanding since it's creation. I've always though that maybe our whole universe and beyond is very tiny in the scheme of everything. What if we are atom sized or even smaller in some other reality? Best analogy I can come up with, perhaps in that reality a tiny drop of water fell, and that water is spreading out, and our universe is contained in that drop of water. The size difference between that other reality and ours means that there, the drop would hit the ground and splatter almost immediately. Since we are sooo small, that time to us is billions and billions of years.

So even if there is a god, in that other reality (or one even beyond that one), it would be incomprehensible to us

Edited by Vlawde
  • Like 2

Sperm + Egg= human....is that not enough proof?!

If by "proof" you are referring to proof of a god... no. Not at all.

• Like 6

If by "proof" you are referring to proof of a god... no. Not at all.

We've become so entitled and some feel like if there is a God, then we should have evidence/proof. Wrong. If making a baby and carrying it in a womb, then hatching it after 9months isn't miraculous enough, proof enough...then forget it. Nothing will suffice. Anyways....that's what I would tell the doubters, if I was God.

Sperm + Egg= human....is that not enough proof?!

Lightning bolts. What better proof for Zeus?
  • Like 5

Lightning bolts. What better proof for Zeus?

I never saw lightning bolts when I made a baby.

I never saw lightning bolts when I made a baby.

I never saw God either.
  • Like 1

Are we using literal or metaphorical mudslinging now?

Not sure, but I don't seem to be contributing much to the threads today. Taking them all to the gutter with me.

• Like 2

If having babies to reproduce was exclusively a human trait then maybe, but nearly every animal does that as well. That indicates a biological process and not necessarily proof of God.

• Like 3

If having babies to reproduce was exclusively a human trait then maybe, but nearly every animal does that as well. That indicates a biological process and not necessarily proof of God.

The biological processes that need to occur in order to make ANY baby, human or otherwise, is nothing short of miraculous.

We've become so entitled and some feel like if there is a God, then we should have evidence/proof. Wrong. If making a baby and carrying it in a womb, then hatching it after 9months isn't miraculous enough, proof enough...then forget it. Nothing will suffice. Anyways....that's what I would tell the doubters, if I was God.

I simply can't accept something as being true without having evidence for it. I do not see how making a baby and carrying it in the womb equates to being "proof" of the existence of god in any way, shape, or form...

• Like 4

The biological processes that need to occur in order to make ANY baby, human or otherwise, is nothing short of miraculous.

Um, no. There is nothing about the biological processes involved in copulation that is supernatural (miraculousness implies a supernatural influence). It is all entirely natural and can be explained scientifically.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 5