Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's The Last Thing You Bought?

ouija ouija

2 bags of Sweet Smiles chocolate covered almonds. :tu:

Paid $2.17 with tax.

00087017211636_full.jpg

Okay, because I'm the OP here I'd like to make a rule that no one posts photos of sweeties ... it's bad enough when you all just write about them! <_<

• Like 2

Just picked up a pack of Camel crushes, menthol, $4.50 on the Pima Res, back on 'merican land they would have run $8 and change (the Indians don't charge taxes)

Also picked up 7 glazed doughnuts for $2.48 (the price was so odd that I could not help but to impulse buy them)

• Like 5

Picked up a chicago hot dog and choc. shake for the hubby and a vanilla shake for my son. I purchased a wrap with grilled chicken, lettuce, co-jack cheese, mandarin oranges, pecans and chow mein noodles, all with fat free reaspberry vinaigrette dressing to drizzle on top. Paid just a little under $14.00 for all of it.

• Like 6

Offtopic windscreen discussion.. :D

My understanding is that once the glass has been damaged, even a small amount, it could shatter at any time without warning i.e. when you're just about to overtake at speed.

Windscreens these days are laminated and they will normally just crack, they no longer do that shatter thing..

But you are correct that you shouldn't really wait - even a small chip should be checked and may be fixable.

And pffft! who needs a Lamborghini anyway?!

Yeah, exactly. But if you're just gunna throw one away, I'll have it.. this one preferably, as it matches my current vehicle's color..:

lamborghini-aventador-roadster-green-01.jpg

• Like 2

Okay, because I'm the OP here I'd like to make a rule that no one posts photos of sweeties ... it's bad enough when you all just write about them! <_<

And here I thought we were friends. :unsure2:

• Like 4

TheWicDiv_03-1.png

Okay ........ what's that all about? A book? A tune? A film? Good grief! we seem to have slipped into a game of charades .... sorry about that! :blush:

• Like 2

An all day breakfast cob that cost me £4. Two thick tomato sausages, one fried egg, two bacon, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and a hash brown.

• Like 4

An all day breakfast cob that cost me £4. Two thick tomato sausages, one fried egg, two bacon, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and a hash brown.

How did they squash all that into a COB?!!

• Like 3

How did they squash all that into a COB?!!

Yes I know :) It was one of those plate sized cobs which thankfully came with a paper plate. The bread did eventually become a tad soggy.

• Like 3

Okay ........ what's that all about? A book? A tune? A film? Good grief! we seem to have slipped into a game of charades .... sorry about that! :blush:

yeah its a comic one of the best I've read in a long long time

• Like 3

What is it with Americans. You put a price on a item, then they slap the VAT on the item after

Over here, we have one price and that includes the VAT

• Like 2

What is it with Americans. You put a price on a item, then they slap the VAT on the item after

Over here, we have one price and that includes the VAT

It's not technically illegal in 45 states so you better believe every business will trick you into thinking you're paying less than you will have to.

• Like 2

:w00t: I just won an ebay auction for 7 vintage saucers(no cups, just saucers!). They're all different. £3.20p
  • Like 3

i bought myself a semi-fancy chocolate box for 6.99.

see, when i was little, we would visit my grandparents every sunday. and they always had one of those russel stover chocolate samplers, and me and my sisters got to have one (one!) each. and it worked out, because i love coconut cream, and no one else did, so i always got what i liked. but sometimes, i did wonder. i wondered about the other chocolates.

now, at long last, they are all mine. i can eat any chocolate i want. i can even have... strawberry cream.

i'm a little scared.

edit: note: this post contains no photos of the chocolates, and as such does not violate the laws of the topic.

Edited by seaturtlehorsesnake
  • Like 5

OK, slightly embarrassing admission - 40th anniversary remastered 2CD* edition is on its way to me:

NXCD08.JPG

Woohoo - it has a few new tracks/dialog that weren't on the original.. (They'll probably find more for the 50th anniversary and rip us sad, diehard ND fans off again... ((Trivia - this amazing concert was not filmed... aaaaaargh, why not?))

* Would have loved to get the vinyl but can't really afford it and apparently it doesn't have the added tracks..)

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

now, at long last, they are all mine. i can eat any chocolate i want. i can even have... strawberry cream.

Yummmmm. Here in Oz I lament that Cadbury used to make a strawberry filled chocolate ( I think it was in the original Snack multiflavored block..) that was just superb, with a jelly/jamish part and also a much lighter colored creamy part. But now, their strawberry is just a one-consistency mush. Sighs wearily... those were the days.. and we could buy Tosca bars!! The best ever choc bar..

• Like 1

edit: note: this post contains no photos of the chocolates, and as such does not violate the laws of the topic.

Thank you, seaturtlehorsesnake, for considering my feelings .... I appreciate it! :tu:

OK, slightly embarrassing admission - 40th anniversary remastered 2CD* edition is on its way to me:

NXCD08.JPG

Woohoo - it has a few new tracks/dialog that weren't on the original.. (They'll probably find more for the 50th anniversary and rip us sad, diehard ND fans off again... ((Trivia - this amazing concert was not filmed... aaaaaargh, why not?))

* Would have loved to get the vinyl but can't really afford it and apparently it doesn't have the added tracks..)

Ye gods, I have never seen Neil in such a sexy pose! *lies down in a darkened room for a while to recover composure*

Yummmmm. Here in Oz I lament that Cadbury used to make a strawberry filled chocolate ( I think it was in the original Snack multiflavored block..) that was just superb, with a jelly/jamish part and also a much lighter colored creamy part. But now, their strawberry is just a one-consistency mush. Sighs wearily... those were the days.. and we could buy Tosca bars!! The best ever choc bar..

I know I'll regret this but would you mind describing a Tosca bar for me, please? I haven't heard of them before.

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1

Ye gods, I have never seen Neil in such a sexy pose! *lies down in a darkened room for a while to recover composure*

Yes, it was an 'unusual' album cover photo and doesn't really fit the concert from which it came - although there are some quite serious rock moments in there...

I know I'll regret this but would you mind describing a Tosca bar for me, please? I haven't heard of them before.

OK, I'll post the description, but for those with a low tolerance to hearing mouth-wateringly juicy descriptions of chocolate bars, you'll have to click the spoiler..

Note that this is how I remember them, and may be slightly exaggerated given my age.. :D First, imagine a wafer, very light, that has a smooth creamy filling with a hint of vanilla flavor (sort of like a Kitkat but about 10x nicer and with a bit more cream, less wafer). Then imagine the best caramel you've tasted and lightly spread a very thin layer of that on the top *and bottom* of the main wafer. Then, sandwich that in a thinner layer of that creamy wafer, top and bottom, and then wrap it in a chocolate coating that was about midway between milk and dark (say a bit lighter than that on a Cherry Ripe). That was a Tosca!! Tadaaaaah! Seriously, they were to die for....

Oh and I just found a picture of the wrapper that seems to back up my description..

360_d1c914933a5e50dfabcb27d11b1506f5.jpg

Suffice to say that they got the balance between textures and flavors just beautifully... Sighs wanly...

*faints*

• Like 3

A sixpack of malt beer.

• Like 2

Lunch at the Eagle's Buffet $11...included dim sum, dessert bars (2), roast beef, and Indian Fry Bread (one of the best tasting yet most horrific food items you can put inside your body)

• Like 1