Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the entire universe just a simulation ?

UM-Bot

Ever heard the expression that you can't have an original idea?

i'm not familiar with that expression i guess, but i can understand the idea being proposed by it. I'm not sure i believe it though.

I write songs... and EVERY time i sing and play them there are variables.. they are never exactly the same. So , in other words , each recreation of my song is original. Every time i think anything it's an, at least partially, new and original thought, because each time is a new experience of it. It's never exactly the same.

I don't know what that has to do with a computer generated/simulated universe... I guess i'm talking about creativity.. are computers capable of true creativity? I'm over my head here... it confuses me when people talk as if it's a simple matter , and there needn't necessarily be any noticeable difference between the reality we are somewhat familiar with, or a computer generated version.

It's real. What people need to understand is that creation isn't just the 5 senses. We exist across multiple dimensions on many earths often times on many other planets appearing as other people. Our destinies are beyond earth and we fulfill them in different realities. We are more than we realize, we just have to realize that Jehovah and Jesus has made this possible, our lives are not dreams, do not waste them. There are many beliefs out there about what the universe is, but I've seen up close and personal how much more vast and awesome this universe is that Jehovah and Jesus created.

So why didn't Jesus mention his role in creating it ? He made no such claim that I am aware of. He hid his light under a bushel ?

i'm not familiar with that expression i guess, but i can understand the idea being proposed by it. I'm not sure i believe it though.

I write songs... and EVERY time i sing and play them there are variables.. they are never exactly the same. So , in other words , each recreation of my song is original. Every time i think anything it's an, at least partially, new and original thought, because each time is a new experience of it. It's never exactly the same.

I don't know what that has to do with a computer generated/simulated universe... I guess i'm talking about creativity.. are computers capable of true creativity? I'm over my head here... it confuses me when people talk as if it's a simple matter , and there needn't necessarily be any noticeable difference between the reality we are somewhat familiar with, or a computer generated version.

Yes, take chess, for example:

After both players move, 400 possible board setups exist. After the second pair of turns, there are 197,742 possible games, and after three moves, 121 million. At every turn, players chart a progressively more distinctive path, and each game evolves into one that has probably never been played

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-12/fyi-how-many-different-ways-can-chess-game-unfold

The number of legal chess positions is 10^40, the number of different possible games, 10^120

https://www.chess.com/blog/Billy_Junior/number-of-possible-chess-games

Someone had to create the game of chess in the first place. I suppose a simulation would include enough variables to account for creativity. The end result would be a sim in which its future could not be predicted by its original program.

I wrote a little story about that, too, coincidentally.

• Like 3

Well if it is, all I can say is great graphics and audio mixing/effects,however,is reality all that.I'd like to thank my agent,my manager,my publicist,my mom and dad for having me and giving me this award winning role in a fictional universe.Oh yeah,did I thank god,okay thank god too.

jmccr8

• Like 1

It's real. What people need to understand is that creation isn't just the 5 senses. We exist across multiple dimensions on many earths often times on many other planets appearing as other people. Our destinies are beyond earth and we fulfill them in different realities. We are more than we realize, we just have to realize that Jehovah and Jesus has made this possible, our lives are not dreams, do not waste them. There are many beliefs out there about what the universe is, but I've seen up close and personal how much more vast and awesome this universe is that Jehovah and Jesus created.

I can't agree with this. it says it doesn't matter what you do some of otherselfs are doing the opposite.

Yes, take chess, for example:

http://www.popsci.co...ess-game-unfold

https://www.chess.co...ble-chess-games

Someone had to create the game of chess in the first place. I suppose a simulation would include enough variables to account for creativity. The end result would be a sim in which its future could not be predicted by its original program.

I wrote a little story about that, too, coincidentally.

can, you predict a what each individual person, in a sim game is going to do.

as for creativity it could just be part of the program. why did America go from horses to landing on the moon in the twentieth century.

So why didn't Jesus mention his role in creating it ? He made no such claim that I am aware of. He hid his light under a bushel ?

he would have been part of the sim and not known. besides it wouldn't have been and is not important.

One way to crash the simulation is to hog the memory requirements of visual module. The simulated universe is big but we see only a tiny part of it. If we could send space crafts with camera all over then the SIM would be forced to draw those pixels and retain them consuming memory exponentially. This Will fail if they already took care.

ok, thanks. one more question.. how could a computer simulated universe create the thoughts in our minds?

it couldn't or programming. I think this was what the war was about in heaven. either our thoughts would not be programmed or they would.

One way to crash the simulation is to hog the memory requirements of visual module. The simulated universe is big but we see only a tiny part of it. If we could send space crafts with camera all over then the SIM would be forced to draw those pixels and retain them consuming memory exponentially. This Will fail if they already took care.

saturns southern storm is a hexagram. exactly like we use to make maps in dungeons and dragons. that is world maps.

If it IS a simulation, its really in poor quality, and poor resolution. I demand a refund, and a better re-run. !

You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes

• Like 1

In an old drum simulator program I had you could make it sound more real with a setting that set the drum hits of by random micro-beats. Also assuming we are a simulation that doesn't meant that the simulation isn't so sophisticated that we have not or could not achieve true consciousness.

Well if it is, all I can say is great graphics and audio mixing/effects,however,is reality all that.I'd like to thank my agent,my manager,my publicist,my mom and dad for having me and giving me this award winning role in a fictional universe.Oh yeah,did I thank god,okay thank god too.

jmccr8

Who says it's fictional?

In that old story I wrote, the ones who creating the program mad it a little sloppy on purpose so the unexpected would occur. If they had written the program to be perfect, the sim would have run like a predictable machine, which is not what they wanted.

If instead of a computer program, if our Big Bang was created in a lab, would our universe be considered a sort of simulation? The basic parameters could have been tweaked to allow for intelligent life to evolve. This would be an organic universe, but still sim-like.

• Like 1

if we are in a bad simulation, maybe we are just filling in the blank space.

it matters not. armageddon will come when there is too much activities and hog the simulator memory and crash the God computer.

There is a book by Walter Jon Williams titled Implied Spaces about (among other things) created pocket universes. In these created pocket universes there was no need to create every detail because the existence of some (created) aspects implied that other (evolved) aspects must also exist. At the end of the book the inventor of these pocket universes discovers that our own universe is a pocket universe and that we ourselves exist because the existence of the universe implies that we exist thus we evolved. Once he discovers this he leaves on a journey to confront our creators.

• Like 1

There is a book by Walter Jon Williams titled Implied Spaces about (among other things) created pocket universes. In these created pocket universes there was no need to create every detail because the existence of some (created) aspects implied that other (evolved) aspects must also exist. At the end of the book the inventor of these pocket universes discovers that our own universe is a pocket universe and that we ourselves exist because the existence of the universe implies that we exist thus we evolved. Once he discovers this he leaves on a journey to confront our creators.

Then the book ends? Does he confront them?

Then the book ends? Does he confront them?

That's where it ends. Presumably for a sequel at some point.

That's where it ends. Presumably for a sequel at some point.

No doubt, that is where it would end if this was non-fiction :)

What if all our brains are in jars and we live is a dream like state, creating the universe as we go along. Eventually 'death' occurs and we 'reincarnate' with a new identity. Sort of a reboot.

What if all our brains are in jars and we live is a dream like state, creating the universe as we go along. Eventually 'death' occurs and we 'reincarnate' with a new identity. Sort of a reboot.

jarheads.jpg

• Like 2

What if the jars get mislabeled?

What if the jars get mislabeled?

The jars have no labels. There more like large eggs that hold human brains. All wired into a neural network which allows us to create the simulated reality. None of us are real.

• Like 1