Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Martyrdom?

SphericalMiracle

There really is no verbal expression, no measurable quantifier of repugnance for religiously-justified violence, whether or not there have ever been those entirely secular controlling however much of it (but that's a whole other discussion). Said violence should be considered close enough to equally as vile and utterly unacceptable to moral and reasonable enough people as, say, the pedophilic crimes within the Catholic clergy; there's no major difference in the level of perversion, abomination. Or, obviously, the murderous crimes are worse than the pederast priests, but the appropriately visceral-emotional revulsion that cannot be expressed in mere words is sorely lacking to understate it. Sure, there are far more than abundant reactions of entirely predictable hatred and fear to terrorism, but the total creep-out or heebie-jeebies factor is effectively nonexistent.

What bigger example of entirely harmful ignorance is there in the universe than that which commits homicidal-genocidal acts in the name of an alleged Supreme Being whom there is nothing resembling compelling evidence, let alone full-fledged proof, exists? I will go perhaps out a limb and guarantee that various unexplained phenomena can be explained in scientific-rational enough terms of ETs/nonhumans instead of the very limited-exclusive, strictly proprietary beings (characters) of the ancient stories of goat herders, and whatever derivatives of those stories that most unfortunately became religions. I'd gladly wager in the biggest (whether or not it can ever be proved) that the universe or multiverse is inexpressibly more pluralistic and complex than that primitive monotheistic nonsense.

Where are the truth warriors, the ones like me who are willing to give it ALL for THE one and only highest calling? It is we and ONLY we who have enough honesty and humility to be deserving of real power and greatness. We DESIRE actual, objective knowledge, not claim to have it via mere belief/blind faith alone, which is simply psychotic, however globally unrecognized. The solution will never be in elevating or at least ENABLING one religion over another or religions in general; we need a whole new paradigm of thoughts and actions. We need to act in both ecological and sociological imperatives.

There's more toxicity from the Fukushima tsunami-meltdown than governments-media admit or even so much as mention. In the least there's enough damage already for REAL ecological concern, having properly mandatory publicity. The mistaken focus on climate change is, intentionally and/or not, a mere distraction from the far greater issue of overall toxicity and depletion/extinction. Consider this my most formal endorsement of the release of any and all hidden knowledge/truth that will result in the implementation of whatever advanced sciences that fight toxic degradation and promote all types of regeneration, which obviously would include Contact with intelligent nonhumans if applicable.

This isn't about being a "Chicken Little," not referring to any imminent danger, or as far as I can tell; it's just the basics of smart ecological policy. What better direction away from the endless loop of terroristic Hell and much other evil is there than a new and truly serious focus on environmental protection, preservation? If we can at long last have the right moral and intellectual stuff to get our most literally "down to Earth" act together, it's a cinch that at least enough of our social problems will be solved with the same basic higher energy.

Martyrdom, if truly necessary, is something one should never commit to altogether willingly or naturally, and there's no such thing as fearlessness. Provided there's an intelligent and moral enough cause (what a concept), giving ones life for/to it should be a truly last resort. Any worthwhile martyr is one who is at least minimally sufficiently in touch with life, love, laughter, joy, empathy etc. and balances out (at least) well enough on the "do unto others..." scale, the opposite of the pathological mind of a violently religious zealot (for example).

Unless proved otherwise, I'll always be convinced the ideal and hopefully only way to get the seriously revolutionary-evolutionary "show on the road" -- with and/or without martyrs -- is to create a much more strongly popular culture of whistleblowers, exposers of criminality and corruption, however unrecognized -- stuff that will make Edward Snowden look like a mere warm-up act. Of course I believe there should be particular emphasis on unexplained phenomena...

So what is the discussion that you want to have, here? This looks more like a really long facebook post than a discussion board post.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Martyrdom is the only way to make a witnessing more believable, before the invention of photos, videos and etc.

Edited by Hawkins

Yeah, martyrdom is some type of signature ultimate expression of love for Allah.

How bizarre is that?

Kill myself, kill non-believers and I will go to Allah in glory.

Allah is a false god, a god of destruction, a god and ideology of falsity.

Is the opening post what is called a "rambling discourse". It is pretty consistent in identifying the location of "evil", though. It is "out there", whereas "in here" there is nothing but heroic fortitude. WHich is probably how the "evil" ones see themselves.

There was enough of that going around in the ancient world, but today man thrives to make it a better place for all and to let those that want to still live in those ancient days and hurt people should be erased from this planet.

We need to save the planet (and in doing so, ourselves)

Only we can save the planet .

We need a compelling reason to save the planet (as an individual), because;

Only an inner belief, or a commitment based on an inner value or morality, can provide the compelling reasons to change the way we live as an individual. And we will ALL have to change our lives if we are to save our planet.

Hence faiths, beliefs, and religions, are an integral part of saving our planet. We just need to adapt and modify our internal faiths/beliefs to this end and to reshape the world religions to also work towards this end. Start with becoming a vegetarian and forgoing all but truly necessary material possessions. Then, use the extra resources this gives you, to help other humans not just to survive, but to live a modestly comfortable and safe life, wherever they live.

Basically everyone of us has to learn to live within a sustainable ecological footprint, where we use only a sustainable, and fair, share of the earth's renewable resources.

The fact that I was born in Australia gives me access to a huge and unsustainable share of the earth's resources compared to others in the world. Just because i was born with that birthright doesn't mean it is fair, reasonable or equitable for me to insist on keeping and using it all for myself. So i use renewable energy rain water and spend very little on material things which are not requirements for life I never fly by aircraft and grow my own fresh fruits berries nuts and vegetables I Almost never buy new products but rather old, recycled, and usually much more reliable, sturdy, and long lasting, products.

We still live a very rich and happy life, but this is in part because we understand that happiness and contentment are met by meeting internal spiritual/psychological needs not external physical needs like possessions or money.

There are about 1.8 available bioproductive hectares for every individual on earth, to provide our needs. A person in america (and probably in Australia) uses about 9 hectares to live on, while someone in asia or africa uses about one. For the world to survive, and us to survive as a developing/evolving species, ALL of us have to manage to use, as an individual, only 1.8 hectares of the world's resources, OR find a way to reduce population, OR find a way to increase bio productivity .

The situation is similar, but varies, with other indicators such as use of non renewable energy sources etc. The good news is that, within a few decades world populations will begin dropping quite rapidly given present fertility /replacement rates . The bad news is that asia and africa are developing rapidly, and their ecological footprints are expanding.

Edited by Mr Walker

Religiously suicidal, murderous psychos generally have no interest in "ecologic" matters.

• Like 1

I am not so sure. There are "religiously suicidal murderous psycho" humans driven by ecological ideologies. Some of these, in the extreme, would rid earth of humanity in order to let it survive.

We need to save the planet (and in doing so, ourselves)

Only we can save the planet .

We need a compelling reason to save the planet (as an individual), because;

Only an inner belief, or a commitment based on an inner value or morality, can provide the compelling reasons to change the way we live as an individual. And we will ALL have to change our lives if we are to save our planet.

Hence faiths, beliefs, and religions, are an integral part of saving our planet. We just need to adapt and modify our internal faiths/beliefs to this end and to reshape the world religions to also work towards this end. Start with becoming a vegetarian and forgoing all but truly necessary material possessions. Then, use the extra resources this gives you, to help other humans not just to survive, but to live a modestly comfortable and safe life, wherever they live.

Basically everyone of us has to learn to live within a sustainable ecological footprint, where we use only a sustainable, and fair, share of the earth's renewable resources.

The fact that I was born in Australia gives me access to a huge and unsustainable share of the earth's resources compared to others in the world. Just because i was born with that birthright doesn't mean it is fair, reasonable or equitable for me to insist on keeping and using it all for myself. So i use renewable energy rain water and spend very little on material things which are not requirements for life I never fly by aircraft and grow my own fresh fruits berries nuts and vegetables I Almost never buy new products but rather old, recycled, and usually much more reliable, sturdy, and long lasting, products.

We still live a very rich and happy life, but this is in part because we understand that happiness and contentment are met by meeting internal spiritual/psychological needs not external physical needs like possessions or money.

There are about 1.8 available bioproductive hectares for every individual on earth, to provide our needs. A person in america (and probably in Australia) uses about 9 hectares to live on, while someone in asia or africa uses about one. For the world to survive, and us to survive as a developing/evolving species, ALL of us have to manage to use, as an individual, only 1.8 hectares of the world's resources, OR find a way to reduce population, OR find a way to increase bio productivity .

The situation is similar, but varies, with other indicators such as use of non renewable energy sources etc. The good news is that, within a few decades world populations will begin dropping quite rapidly given present fertility /replacement rates . The bad news is that asia and africa are developing rapidly, and their ecological footprints are expanding.

I don't think we have save the planet, the earth has always changing cycles, they are saying the CO levels are making the earth greener According to a recent study conducted by an international team, the planet is getting greener as a result of a phenomenon called "CO2 fertilization

http://www.aol.com/a...eener/21350776/

The only thing thats going to do us in, is a asteroid or a atomic war, a virus.

Edited by docyabut2

I don't think we have save the planet, the earth has always changing cycles, they are saying the CO levels are making the earth greener According to a recent study conducted by an international team, the planet is getting greener as a result of a phenomenon called "CO2 fertilization

http://www.aol.com/a...eener/21350776/

The only thing thats going to do us in, is a asteroid or a atomic war, a virus.

I dont think global warming is the threat it is presented as, but that is not really my concern. Overuse of the planet will basically destroy its interconnected life support system and, in extremis, kill off its ability to support life in a varied and complex pattern. it certainly wont support creatures like humans with our high demand for resources.

Science can help us move forward and is doing so but still our lifestyle choices not only do great harm to the planet but also weaken us as individuals making us soft, complacent, lazy, greedy, and self indulgent.

Humans have the abilty to create of our planet a garden paradise with sustainable resources and energy for a fixed population , or one huge garbage dump. In the process we can also hurt or harm billions of human beings and other living creatures. Plus the migrations driven by war in the last decade or so will be as nothing to the mass movements of people driven by poverty, hunger, envy and desperation.

One irony is that global warming MIGHT make places like sub Saharan africa greener and damper and better able to support its population, while countries like china or america develop greater deserts and dust bowls. In the long term only two options are viable A sustainable equitable existence on this planet, or migration and expansion OFF planet into space and onto terraformed colonies.

My head hurts.....