Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to catch an apparition..?

IrishGent

Hey i was just wondering what is the best way to catch a so-called apparition in a picture...? Is this all just luck..just taking the picture in the right place at the right time?

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheOracle

• Althalus

• Bloated Corpse

• IrishGent

I have looked this up in books and they all say virtually the same thing, if the ghost wants to be caught on film then it will let itself be caught.

Most of the time it is just down to luck.

Maybe a little trip to the local do it yourself store and pick up some apparition bait. laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

I agree with Althalus on this one. I think it is pure luck most of the time, and taken into consideration the amount of fakes, I would say it is very rare you would actually capture one on film.

Certain Old World religions have times of the year where the veil between the afterlife and this one are unusually close to each other.

I've seen and partaken in activities where spirital orbs have been captured in the dead of the night on a late fall evening in a cemetary. I'm talking a sucession of photographs taken in no light circumstances where orbs appear in a variety of views around people holding a ceremonial circle. True stuff.

I think a part of seeing a spirit or ghost or apparition ... is being of a mindset that allows them to communicate with you. Some of us see these types of things randomly all the time. Other's seem to try to hard. I think it has to do with faith, spitritual center of an individual, and an active imagination. NOT that you "imagine" these things happening! Don't confuse the two things because they're different. Having an active imagination is open to accepting things that allow you to see and feel that which other's can't. I think it is a blessing and gift.

• 2 weeks later...

Most times when you video tape (/w night vision) or take photos (film or digital) of spirits (aka ghosts) they will appear as orbs, vortex's, etc. I think Al is right in the respect that, if it wants to be caught on tape, it will. And sometimes, it also comes down to luck.

Spirits (ghosts) can do other stuff to film also. Sometimes it's what they want you to see. An image that they are thinking about can come out in your photo. I have seen some unusual stuff appear on film.

And Orca, from what I have experienced, you are too right.

How do you know when and where to record? In a building (private residence, church, lodge, etc.) where people have reported strange paranormal activity. You will also learn to sense spirits in the area sometimes. It takes practice mental. If you are dedicated and devoted to the study then I am sure you will capture evidence of your own.

• 3 weeks later...

I have caught a ghost on camera before, and it was purly luck. I just happened to be taking many pictures in a building that was known for strong disturbances. Most of the time any ghostly images that will be caught on film will be orbs. You just must be careful that before you say a picture has a ghostly image on it you have ruled out any chance that it was dust, a finger or the strap of the camera that was caught in the shot. Good luck! ohmy.gif

Hi Babyforrest biggrin.gif , Would you be able to post a picture of the ghost you captured on camera ?.

I'm sure everyone here would be interested in seeing it.

Yeah, I think it's probably just luck. My friends and I tried to take pictures of ghosts after a recent seance that we had, but we're not sure if they turned out yet. We did catch a ghost's voice on tape though.

i read if u want a pic ask them very politely and odds r thell show up...

here are the supposed STANDARS AND PROTOCOLS...

Standards and Protocols

1. Ask the spirits permission prior to taking pictures.

2. No Smoking during an investigation. (If you must smoke, plan out a spot where the smoke won't interfere with pictures being taken.)

3. No alcohol before, during or after if remaining on site.

4. No Ouija boards or séances during or after if remaining on site.

5. Conduct investigations in a professional manner.

6. Respect posted property, ask permission and do not trespass.

7. Do not take photos during adverse weather conditions (rain, snow, fog, mist, windy/dusty atmosphere)

8. Do not take photos while traveling on dusty roads (The dust reflecting off flash will look like orbs)

9. Clean camera lens regularly.

10. Eliminate camera strap involvement by tethering or removing.

11. Reduce lens flare by avoiding shooting in to the Sun or reflective surfaces.

12. Keep fingers away from camera lens during operation.

13. Keep long hair away from lens during operation. (Tie it back)

14. No horse play during investigations, in cemeteries or historic sites.

15. Use fresh audio tapes for EVP recordings. (You don't want older recordings coming through)

16. Compare anomalous prints with negatives for confirmation.

17. Flash is good for 9-12 feet from camera so focus on that range.

18. Maintain a positive mental attitude during all investigations as skepticism generates negative energy.

19. Take notes and record all activities and occurrences during investigations.