Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'World's oldest dog', 30, dies in her sleep

Still Waters

A kelpie thought to be the world's oldest dog has died at home on a dairy farm in the Australian state of Victoria.

Maggie, a black-and-tan kelpie, was thought to be 30 years old.

Woolsthorpe dairy farmer Brian McLaren confirmed the death of his "great mate" on Wednesday morning.

http://www.theguardi...lian-dairy-farm

• Like 7

Its always sad for us when we lose the best friend we could ever wish for.She'll be back to her puppy self now,waiting to meet again when the times right.

• Like 8

Rest in peace Maggie

• Like 7

My Husky Alaska is 17 and fit as a fiddle, hope she lives for a long time as well.

• Like 7

I've always heard that if you times 7 by a dogs age in human years which Maggie was 30, that would make her 210 in dog years.

If that's correct, then that's a very long time. :yes:

• Like 5

I think with any pet however long they live the main thing is that they're loved. I say that because I've been watching some YouTube videos of animal rescues lately, the cruelty some of those poor dogs have endured is just....well no words can describe it.

• Like 5

I donate money to the RSPCA every month to help animals so I agree. I think we can say Maggie was treated very well.

Her owner must have feed her well and given her good exercise to help boost her long life.

• Like 6

Aww. My wife lost her cat after 24 years and she still mourns her, as does my son who she slept with, at least till he drifted off, every night of his life until her passing. A special relationship for sure.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 6

RIP Maggie, until you meet your owner once again.

• Like 5

RiP Maggie...., u looked like a great dog.

• Like 6

RIP sweet Maggie

• Like 4

My current dog is named Maggie. I can hope she'll live as long.

I had a 16 year of mixed cocker and a 18 year old mixed border collie, who was healthy except her legs gave out so she could walk. I really hated to have to put her to sleep. I still slip and call Maggie Josie after 3 years.

• Like 1