Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

8 Family Members Killed In Ohio

susieice

Wonder if the family had any incriminating data on Killary.

• Like 2

That's not even remotely funny.

• Like 3

With that response I imagine that you spend most of your day "wondering".

• Like 1

I hope law enforcement is looking into any family members that have 'gone missing' recently. This one sounds like a possible revenge scenario.

• Like 3

Such a big family to be murdered , wonder if there were any disputes with other families or neighbors over land and money, like the Hatfield's and McCoy's.

• Like 1

No doubt law enforcement is checking their cell phone records and other info. I'm sure many agencies are looking into this. They don't want to release too much info at this point to ruin the investigation.

I was expecting a news release for a suspect on the loose with a description. Maybe they know their target but are moving in slowly.

• Like 3

They just found 3 Marijuana operations at the crime scene, could be a drug crime

Link or where you heard this please?

• Like 1

Turf wars?

"A different major marijuana grow site with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel was discovered in Pike County four years ago, according to a 2012 press release from the attorney general’s office. Authorities have made no connections between this grow site and the “operations” found on the Rhoden property."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/04/25/ohio-mass-murder-marijuana-growing-operations-found-at-crime-scenes/

• Like 3

Ok, with this bit of information law enforcement should start looking at who else is selling drugs in this area. Finding the competition will most likely lead to the murderer(s).

• Like 1

Officals today are saying the murders were pre-planned and well executed. They stopped short of saying they were drug related.

http://gawker.com/ma...io-f-1772794224

Because of the multiple scenes and the level of execution, my unprofessional guess is definitely more than one perp.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

I'm really surprised at the lack of news coverage here on the situation. Columbus, my news source can't be more than 50 miles from there and we got nothing all weekend other than what the nationals carried.

Because of the area, the poverty and the long history of pot growing, I haven't been at all surprised to hear that they were growing it on 3 of the 4 locations. What I was surprised to read in one of the articles was a comment by the Sheriff that although he knew the family since he's been in LE for over twenty years, he didn't know them criminally.

Now think about that one for a moment.

• Like 1

Wow. .. I mean seriously. . .wow. . .someone really hated that family. . .and I reckon people in and about would know about that hate. . .it just takes one set of loose lips. . .to sink this ship. . .

This screams Mexican Cartel to me.

I read that there was a incident in 2012(?), where a major grow was seized that was believed to be owned by the Cartel near this area.

I would bet that this family had been confronted about approaching on the wrong turf or selling to the wrong people and they turned a deaf ear to it.

If it was legal to grow marijuana and companies cornered the market, you wouldn't be seeing this type of thing. That would be like Jim Bean taking out Jack Daniels family.*

* Even if that last line doesn't hold up in this case, it does to many others.

• Like 3

Prohibition then, right? It strikes again.

• Like 2

Hopefully they'll get this figured out. But this really does seem like a well conducted attack, and police keep mentioning how careful they were not to leave evidence. Would a Mexican cartel even be capable of such a clean assault? We're talking about 4 different crimes scenes here. Two within' walking distance, another a mile away, and yet another 8! miles away.

Most Mexican cartel hits are sloppy, unprofessional and messy. But i guess it's possible they would have taken extra measures in such circumstances. It's still too early to speculate on motive, or whether it even was a cartel tho.

Edited by xxxdemonxxx
  • Like 2

Maybe the investigators won't bugger this one up, collect the evidence appropriately and conduct a successful investigation. I do know that the city wasn't prepared for something like this. I just hope they properly concealed the crime scenes and didn't allow Barney Fife to go trudging through and contaminating the evidence. If this doesn't get solved soon, it's gonna be one of those mysteries that is discussed in mystery forums for many years to come.

It almost sounds absurd that we could have 4 different crime scenes, 8 dead, and not solve this case. But i guess if this was a truly 'professional' hit, it could be done leaving little evidence. Investigators had also announced the crime scene had been conducted with 18 pieces of evidence sent off to the crime lab. I realize that many homicide investigations are wrapped up pretty quickly. But i think they should spend a little more time on this one, considering we have such a high death toll, and keep all 4 scenes cordoned off for a little longer.

A cartel or a gang hit was what I was thinking too. They stepped on someone's toes.

• Like 1

On the news tonight, they said one member of the family had received a threat on facebook but authorities aren't releasing any info.

Here's a link about it. I guess they are releasing photos of the victims now? Damn sad.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/crime/facebook-threat-posted-ohio-family-8-murdered-article-1.2614039?client=ms-android-americamovil-us#

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Like 1

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/26/cockfighting-roosters-found-at-ohio-family-massacre-scene-state-ag-says.html?intcmp=hpbt2

Also found cockfighting operations., that means gambling.

Like a relative had said the killer or killers must have known the insides of the property and the house.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/25/dad-of-daughter-killed-in-ohio-massacre-says-he-thinks-victims-k/21350772/

• Like 2

I thought this was a fairly good article re. how much news on this seems to be contained.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/7-mysteries-from-the-pike-county-murders/nrBb6/

To me, the news given out seems not only fairly contained but fairly misleading. The latest re. the fighting chickens is close to being ridiculous. That's a weekend hobby down there. And if the family was into that on a significant scale you wouldn't determine it by seeing a couple of roosters kept in cages. Fighting cocks are a very special quite colorful breed that are pretty hard to miss.

My instinct tells me that they need to start looking at LE down there itself. Three growing "facilities" with at least one of them housed, added to that a history of cartel activity in the area, should have been something they were aware of. Instead they are reporting no drug arrests for any of them ? Doesn't make sense.

• Like 2

The marijuana might have had nothing to do with the murders. Nowadays people kill en mass just because they are lonely or that someone had stolen their girlfriend.

• Like 2