Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

8 Family Members Killed In Ohio

susieice

The marijuana might have had nothing to do with the murders. Nowadays people kill en mass just because they are lonely or that someone had stolen their girlfriend.

Since when has a group of people slaughtered 8 in 4 locations for the reason of loneliness or stolen girlfriend/boyfriend?

Most certainly (I feel) this was an issue with the marijuana operations stepping on gang toes, likely involving Cincinnati in some way.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

I'm kind of doubtful that the marijuana is a red herring, but it could be. It could be that these folks were killed for something unrelated, and just so happened to also grow dope. However... if it is the reason, or at least one reason.. One does not become a drug creator smart enough to peeve off the cartels (or other competitors in the area) without being smart enough to avoid the LEO.

I thought the roosters interesting. Sorry to gainsay you Vincennes, but no, fighting cocks are not a special colorful breed. There is no such thing as a fighting breed of chicken. There are definitely breeds that are more aggressive, like dogs, and so some breeds are preferred above others for fighting. And some of those aggressive breeds may also have colorful plumage. But any rooster nasty enough to scrap and kill successfully is welcome in the fighting community.

If the roosters in cages were all of lovely plumage, that would actually suggest they are not a fighting rooster. That would be more in keeping of stud services, keeping the best roosters for breeding.

Edited by rashore
  • Like 3

How did the killers gain entry into the residences in the middle of the night?

http://www.daytondai...-murders/nrBb6/

That's the question if there were no breaks in at both locations the killer or killers had access to the houses , someone the families knew very well.

Edited by docyabut2

That's the question if there were no breaks in at both locations the killer or killers had access to the houses , someone the families knew very well.

A girl that lived across the street from me flagged me down one day and said that she had accidentally locked herself out.

I went to the door by her garage and got her back inside using nothing but an old student Id card.

It's not hard to get into a house without leaving a sign. Unless these places had metal deadbolt doors on all entrances and bars on the windows, this isn't unusual to me.

• Like 2

A girl that lived across the street from me flagged me down one day and said that she had accidentally locked herself out.

I went to the door by her garage and got her back inside using nothing but an old student Id card.

It's not hard to get into a house without leaving a sign. Unless these places had metal deadbolt doors on all entrances and bars on the windows, this isn't unusual to me.

Sorry didn't see that it was four locations that the families were hit, even more as to why the question was there breaks in? It is puzzling when only family members had the keys to these houses.

Edited by docyabut2

I'm kind of doubtful that the marijuana is a red herring, but it could be. It could be that these folks were killed for something unrelated, and just so happened to also grow dope. However... if it is the reason, or at least one reason.. One does not become a drug creator smart enough to peeve off the cartels (or other competitors in the area) without being smart enough to avoid the LEO.

I thought the roosters interesting. Sorry to gainsay you Vincennes, but no, fighting cocks are not a special colorful breed. There is no such thing as a fighting breed of chicken. There are definitely breeds that are more aggressive, like dogs, and so some breeds are preferred above others for fighting. And some of those aggressive breeds may also have colorful plumage. But any rooster nasty enough to scrap and kill successfully is welcome in the fighting community.

If the roosters in cages were all of lovely plumage, that would actually suggest they are not a fighting rooster. That would be more in keeping of stud services, keeping the best roosters for breeding.

c*** fighting isn't a "weekend hobby" anymore either. There has been a serious crackdown on animal cruelty laws in the last ten years. I know I have been a huge proponent for animals for many years.

Granted, I'm not familiar with this particular area and don't have any personal experience, but raising roosters for c*** fighting is kind of hard to hide.

• Like 2

It could be that since it was a really nice spring evening, perhaps one of the first when overnight temps would allow it... They just had their windows open overnight. It why a lot of spring crime pops up. Criminals know access can get way easier right now.

Now, a smart hit might take this into account, and planned on it. I don't think this necessarily indicates familiarity with the family. I think some other aspects might point to that though.

• Like 2

It could be that since it was a really nice spring evening, perhaps one of the first when overnight temps would allow it... They just had their windows open overnight. It why a lot of spring crime pops up. Criminals know access can get way easier right now.

Now, a smart hit might take this into account, and planned on it. I don't think this necessarily indicates familiarity with the family. I think some other aspects might point to that though.

But wouldn't the authorities indicate a break in of a screen or a break in of some kind, to any one of these four houses ?

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

But wouldn't the authorities indicate a break in of a screen or something ?

The bugs are not out in force and we don't have our screens up yet. I don't like looking though them all winter and we take them down in the off season. Don't presume because you do something everyone else does.

• Like 1

Sad indeed. My guess is the drugs played a large role in the killings.

The bugs are not out in force and we don't have our screens up yet. I don't like looking though them all winter and we take them down in the off season. Don't presume because you do something everyone else does.

Well Michelle I live in Ohio and the bugs have been out :)

But wouldn't the authorities indicate a break in of a screen or a break in of some kind, to any one of these four houses ?

Depends on the screen. Many older fashioned houses have screens that hinge and latch on the outside, because they get changed out with storms for the winter. Sometimes screens are not there at all, but rather horozontal expansion screens are used. Solid panel screens that are locked into place with inside levers can be slipped with a plastic card, and if the lever is loose, be jiggled back into place. Though with that one, it would indicate a great familiarity with that window to know if the levers were like that or not. Pop frames are even easier with their tension clips, but make a lot more noise-still no tampering signs.

And it could also be that there were signs of a break in, with particular detail enough that the police are not releasing information about it due to investigation.

There could have also been tampering of entrance/exit done by minors in the house previously, and thus old and not noted. But if this were an access point, it would indicate familiarity with the houses.

I`m just saying how could the killer or killers or the Mexican cartel have had access to all four of the houses?

I am really might be going with a member of that family.

Edited by docyabut2

To each their own...and I'm much farther south than you. :tu:

To each their own...and I'm much farther south than you. :tu:

Lol, I'm north of both of you and we have had bugs out for weeks.

• Like 2

Depends on the screen. Many older fashioned houses have screens that hinge and latch on the outside, because they get changed out with storms for the winter. Sometimes screens are not there at all, but rather horozontal expansion screens are used.

I use those in some of the back room windows. They also hold up the windows, that are no longer attached to their weights. A lot of people won't know what we're talking about. :tu:

• Like 1

Lol, I'm north of both of you and we have had bugs out for weeks.

Well, there are bugs and then there are bugs. The major home invading ones, that really irritate me aren't here yet. lol

• Like 2

Well, there are bugs and then there are bugs. The major home invading ones, that really irritate me aren't here yet. lol

True that... But skeeters, stingers, and ticks all are abounding. Lol, round here goldfinches will fly in without screens up- those are probably more akin to bugs-bugs by you. In size anyway, hehehhee.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've had a couple spiders but haven't seen any of those d..n centipedes yet. I hate those things!!!

The police have said that most of the victims were killed while they slept, so I'm not thinking someone left them in to all the houses. They're staying really quiet about what they found in this investigation. They told the other family members to arm themselves and be wary. That's a little odd, imho.

• Like 1

I`m just saying how could the killer or killers or the Mexican cartel have had access to all four of the houses?

I am really might be going with a member of that family.

I think you missed the point of my post.

Your door locks are not as secure as you like to think. Unless you have metal deadbolt doors that open to the inside with a steel security bar running across, it is easy to get access without breaking the door or leaving a trace of a break in.

Doors without a deadbolt can be opened by simply sliding a card or something similar where the latch mechanism is. A person can even pick a deadbolt lock with simple tools that criminal elements sell/make.

Now this isn't even taking windows into consideration. And unless the family had inner opening doors with a steel security bar, I don't find it unusual.

Edited by Use your brain
  • Like 1

The families had dogs, no one is saying how the killer or killers subdued the dogs.I guess the police are not letting to much information out, only that it was a highly sophisticated crime.

• Like 2

They might fight other types of plain old chickens too but these are the type I've heard of around here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamecock. If they were just plain chicken breeds, it certainly wouldn't seem like it would be anything profitable enough to kill for.

I searched "fighting cocks" and all the ones that my search brought up were colorful. I stuck with the wiki site here because all of the sites that came up were also pretty scary.

The way I came to know this is that my mom worked at our county court house when one day our Sheriff came in to show off some absolutely beautiful chicks and he wanted to show off their color. She was amazed that no one even seemed to pause over the fact they were fighting cocks. LOL not southern Ohio here but Ohio farm country.

The one location that I keep seeing on the news is a house trailer. They're pretty easy to get into. I bet you could pop a door open with a kick without breaking it and then close it again.

The father of one of the females also commented that one of the locations had two pit bulls that could be aggressive. He felt that someone had to be familiar with the dogs that they let them pass.

He was also pretty upset that his other daughter, the one who originally found the bodies, had been woken up at about 3:00 am, pulled out of bed, taken to the Sheriff's office and accused of being paid to commit the murders. (This is from my local news station) How could it be Mexican cartel on one hand and on the other a female relative ? Like the entire thing, weird.

Would this woman have a motive to murder her family? Find it difficult to believe this was done by a single woman, but anything is possible.

• Like 2

Would this woman have a motive to murder her family? Find it difficult to believe this was done by a single woman, but anything is possible.

Since they are now saying a couple of the men showed signs of bruising and having been beaten, it sounds like there had to be more than one and that the perps must have been males to have accomplished beatings while controlling the others.

So questioning the girl who reported finding the bodies in that type of manner makes no sense to me. It seems it didn't make much sense to her father either who was questioning just what good they were doing at this point on any part of it. Since I'm already suspicioning LE as being somehow involved, at least in the grow enterprise itself, I hope they weren't just looking for a weak link to strong arm at 3:00 in the morning !

Edited by Vincennes
  • Like 1