Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

8 Family Members Killed In Ohio

susieice

This is an odd and tragic story to be sure, like everyone here has said.

Been looking each day in the news, but I haven't found anything to suggest the law is closer to resolving this massacre event.

Maybe the law isn't saying much to protect the integrity of an on-going investigation.

Likely I suppose.

As others have already mentioned, there does appear to be at least "some" possible clues...

One, and only one of the 8 was shot the most; 9 times. As if he was the most central target in the larger planned massacre (or defended himself/herself the most, maybe)

The pit bulls at one of the locations. That is very odd that the dogs did not attack (presumably) the assailants or that the dogs were not also killed.

That seems a major clue as well.

The Facebook threat. That is also, of course, interesting.

The apparently brutal beatings of 2 victims presumably before being shot to death.

That would also be a major clue.

I don't know, this whole thing is weird.

• Like 2

This is an odd and tragic story to be sure, like everyone here has said.

Been looking each day in the news, but I haven't found anything to suggest the law is closer to resolving this massacre event.

Maybe the law isn't saying much to protect the integrity of an on-going investigation.

Likely I suppose.

As others have already mentioned, there does appear to be at least "some" possible clues...

One, and only one of the 8 was shot the most; 9 times. As if he was the most central target in the larger planned massacre (or defended himself/herself the most, maybe)

The pit bulls at one of the locations. That is very odd that the dogs did not attack (presumably) the assailants or that the dogs were not also killed.

That seems a major clue as well.

The Facebook threat. That is also, of course, interesting.

The apparently brutal beatings of 2 victims presumably before being shot to death.

That would also be a major clue.

I don't know, this whole thing is weird.

You`d think with that establishment of weed, those people would have had some kind of a stash of guns, and a lock up for protection.

With the threat to the one boy on face book that was killed, seems to be the basis of the crime , and could have been a personal one that knew these families very well.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

Since they are now saying a couple of the men showed signs of bruising and having been beaten, it sounds like there had to be more than one and that the perps must have been males to have accomplished beatings while controlling the others.

So questioning the girl who reported finding the bodies in that type of manner makes no sense to me. It seems it didn't make much sense to her father either who was questioning just what good they were doing at this point on any part of it. Since I'm already suspicioning LE as being somehow involved, at least in the grow enterprise itself, I hope they weren't just looking for a weak link to strong arm at 3:00 in the morning !

I'm wondering what LE knows that they aren't saying too. They told the rest of the family to arm itself. Do they think whoever did this may not be done yet?

The Facebook threat was to the 16 year old boy , what could a kid that age have done to get his whole family killed.Could the killers be a gang of teens in some fight with this kid? You'd think if it was for the drugs, a cartel would have taken more then just kill the people.

• Like 1

The Facebook threat was to the 16 year old boy , what could a kid that age have done to get his whole family killed.Could the killers be a gang of teens in some fight with this kid? You'd think if it was for the drugs, a cartel would have taken more then just kill the people.

No, Docy, I don't think it has anything to do with it at all. They interviewed the kid that posted it the other night on the news. The post was something like, "I'm going to bash your head in and kill you." Kid said I shouldn't have done that. It was over money that he owed me and not very much money. We settled it a while back and were good and all of our friends at school knew it was settled.

I know I don't have any training in differentiating who is lying but the kid looked like a really normal kid, not a gang banger or anything and seemed to me really honest in the way he said it. I can't provide a link because again it was from my news tv station.

Here's a link to what looks like one of the local radio station which talks about the kid I saw being interviewed on the news.

http://www.wcpo.com/...ty-ohio-murders

It also talks about the person they arrested from the car. They interviewed him too and preceded the interview by saying two of his three baby mommas were the ones who made the report to the police. He lives a distance from Peebles and said that actually he didn't even know the family. He also impressed me as pretty low key and one that probably doesn't remain a suspect.

Has anyone seen all four of the murder sites ? Each article I pull up just shows a picture of the trailer. One of my reasons for looking for the other murder sites is, where is the money ?

If they were advanced enough into this marijuana growing to rile up the cartel, I sure don't see where they were profiting much from it.

Edited by Vincennes
  • Like 2

Here's a link to what looks like one of the local radio station which talks about the kid I saw being interviewed on the news.

http://www.wcpo.com/...ty-ohio-murders

It also talks about the person they arrested from the car. They interviewed him too and preceded the interview by saying two of his three baby mommas were the ones who made the report to the police. He lives a distance from Peebles and said that actually he didn't even know the family. He also impressed me as pretty low key and one that probably doesn't remain a suspect.

Has anyone seen all four of the murder sites ? Each article I pull up just shows a picture of the trailer. One of my reasons for looking for the other murder sites is, where is the money ?

If they were advanced enough into this marijuana growing to rile up the cartel, I sure don't see where they were profiting much from it.

To address your last part, years ago I personally knew a couple of profitable drug dealers. I also knew one who grew large amounts of skunk weed.

None of those 3 "looked" like they had anything of suspicious value.

The 2 dealers (medium level dealers) both had regular jobs even though they could well afford not to.

And the grower (fairly large scale) was living in an old cabin-house. No "flashy anything"

I don't know what they did with their money. Hide it away for retirement maybe?

Other drug dealers/producers seem to sometimes get caught because they go on "spending-sprees", maybe attracting unwanted attention.

• Like 3

No, Docy, I don't think it has anything to do with it at all. They interviewed the kid that posted it the other night on the news. The post was something like, "I'm going to bash your head in and kill you." Kid said I shouldn't have done that. It was over money that he owed me and not very much money. We settled it a while back and were good and all of our friends at school knew it was settled.

I know I don't have any training in differentiating who is lying but the kid looked like a really normal kid, not a gang banger or anything and seemed to me really honest in the way he said it. I can't provide a link because again it was from my news tv station.

Yeah, but he said it. . .and it's in writing. . .so he'll just get off with a felony threat indictment. . .

To address your last part, years ago I personally knew a couple of profitable drug dealers. I also knew one who grew large amounts of skunk weed.

None of those 3 "looked" like they had anything of suspicious value.

The 2 dealers (medium level dealers) both had regular jobs even though they could well afford not to.

And the grower (fairly large scale) was living in an old cabin-house. No "flashy anything"

I don't know what they did with their money. Hide it away for retirement maybe?

Other drug dealers/producers seem to sometimes get caught because they go on "spending-sprees", maybe attracting unwanted attention.

I've wondered about the possibility of staying low key but do you think that would take them to having the roof of their trailer covered by tarps ?

Of course there is the possibility that they would spend any additional money on things that were more important that a roof over you head. That would be things like; you could raise your monster truck another foot of the ground or you could add multiple buggies to your fleet of 4-wheelers. The important things in life.

Was the 16 year old boy one of them? if he was, its just odd that was the threat on face book the other boy posted,while all the other victims were just shot.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 3

Was the 16 year old boy one of them?

From what I've heard on the news channels, the details on matters of "who, exactly, got shot how many times" and "who was beaten before death" is known to the law but has not been released to the public.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

I've wondered about the possibility of staying low key but do you think that would take them to having the roof of their trailer covered by tarps ?

Of course there is the possibility that they would spend any additional money on things that were more important that a roof over you head. That would be things like; you could raise your monster truck another foot of the ground or you could add multiple buggies to your fleet of 4-wheelers. The important things in life.

Tarps are common prior to roof reconstruction. In fact, a standard.

Saw that all the time in Florida on both rich and poor homes.

Of course, whether with all their supposed money they had any intent of contract repair, or were just being lazy...

Tarps are common prior to roof reconstruction. In fact, a standard.

Saw that all the time in Florida on both rich and poor homes.

Of course, whether with all their supposed money they had any intent of contract repair, or were just being lazy...

You're right. I never considered the fact that we really aren't into much good weather yet at all. So if they had damage last winter, it does make sense they would still have tarps on it

until it starts to break a little more.

The news story tonight is that the guy who offered the $25,000 reward has now withdrawn it because of the element of criminal involvement. They did make the notation with the story that he doesn't know anymore than the rest of us do about that involvement but is going on information that has been released. Hummm~~ I can't help but wonder.

Where'd the money go? That's a great question. There are a lot of possibilities. Other than an obvious big ole stack or few of cash at one of these places that may not have been found yet- or may have been found and not yet disclosed information.

I would hazard a guess that whatever paper trail they may have has is currently not being disclosed at all- I certainly wouldn't disclose that yet if I were the LEO.

Hehehe, back to chickens.. Though V and I may disagree about some aspects of that, it is an aspect. Perhaps they were into fighting- and had gambling expenditures. Or perhaps they had a breeding habit, and had expenditures there too.

Or perhaps with the pot- they had other drug things going on.

Or perhaps they have laundered their money- and that comes with it's own problems.

Or perhaps whomever killed them knew them enough to know where the cash was stashed- and took it. Perhaps that's what the beatings were, to disclose the hiding sights, then the perps went to the other three sites and cleaned out.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

• Like 3

The cops are not giving out to much information on this case, for us arm chair detectives to figure out:) but this family`s head could have been working for a cartel and cheated them out of some money, is usually the case.

• Like 1

Where'd the money go? That's a great question. There are a lot of possibilities. Other than an obvious big ole stack or few of cash at one of these places that may not have been found yet- or may have been found and not yet disclosed information.

I would hazard a guess that whatever paper trail they may have has is currently not being disclosed at all- I certainly wouldn't disclose that yet if I were the LEO.

Hehehe, back to chickens.. Though V and I may disagree about some aspects of that, it is an aspect. Perhaps they were into fighting- and had gambling expenditures. Or perhaps they had a breeding habit, and had expenditures there too.

Or perhaps with the pot- they had other drug things going on.

Or perhaps they have laundered their money- and that comes with it's own problems.

Or perhaps whomever killed them knew them enough to know where the cash was stashed- and took it. Perhaps that's what the beatings were, to disclose the hiding sights, then the perps went to the other three sites and cleaned out.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

Huh. That could make sense... Going after the hidden cash from the drug profits.

That could explain the "beatings", like maybe the beatings were for "where is the money"

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Wow. I'm now beginning to think rashore is right.

Opinion... This wasn't a cartel thing, per-se, it was a money rip-off from someone(s) who knew them (remember the dogs) and found out that maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars were stashed.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

The dogs (pitbulls) thing bugs me.

It seems maybe obvious that the assailants were well acquainted with the dogs, and thus at least some of the victims.

I think the mass murder was because any surviving victim could potentially give solid clues or identity of the assailants.

• Like 1

That someone might have been after money hidden seems to me a possibility too.

Getting past the dogs I think would present a problem even if the dogs knew them. It does seem like the killers struck very late or very early in the morning. Pit bulls are going to bark like heck about

someone coming up in the dark even if they knew them ! They would have at least had an alert that someone was about the premises. That would then seem to me for whatever reason this family called the

dogs off and actually allowed entry. Why ?

• Like 1

This article brings up my original suspicions : http://www.wcpo.com/...in-recent-years

This area is so country I'm surprised that there's nothing yet about guns in the house or returned fire.

I read an article earlier that said a a few were killed in their sleep.

Whoever did this isn't your normal crackhead thief breaking in windows or kicking down a door, this was someone or someone's with at least some common sense.

I believe they quietly "broke" into the homes after knowing that their targets were asleep. Think about waking up with a shotgun in your face, then ask yourself what would you do? I don't think that you would go for your gun, you would probably listen to what they had to say and hope that they just wanted the money.

The two being beaten is VERY interesting to me. Whoever did this did it in a professional manor with the rest, they didn't just beat these two up for sport. This is where the answer lies. These two are they key to the whole thing, they are the reason this happened and they are the ones who had a personal connection to the killer(s).

• Like 3

That puzzles me to how the killers subdue the pit bulls. Perhaps that's why two were first beaten before being shot, the dogs alerted them, and the question is were the two that were beaten in the same house and could it have been the first target of who the killers had agenda with.

• Like 1