Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 9
susieice

8 Family Members Killed In Ohio

907 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Vincennes said:

Remember how often they referred to the amount of marijuana as 200 plants rather than 200 lbs.  It would also tell us that there was a concerted effort to thwart people from realizing just how much the Rhodens were sitting on. 

I've been formulating a new theory about Jake. I mentioned the possibility before, but I think Jake may have been involved with the Rhodens in more ways than Hannah. When she had a baby with someone else, he decided to get out, file for custody and found it hard because of what he'd done. They may have threatened him. It's possible there would have been jail time waiting for him if some one told, so his family decided to help him out. Don't know, but it could be. Could be why they ran to Alaska too.

Edited by susieice
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, susieice said:

I've been formulating a new theory about Jake. I mentioned the possibility before, but I think Jake may have been involved with the Rhodens in more ways than Hannah. When she had a baby with someone else, he decided to get out, file for custody and found it hard because of what he'd done. They may have threatened him. It's possible there would have been jail time waiting for him if some one told, so his family decided to help him out. Don't know, but it could be. Could be why they ran to Alaska too.

Interesting theory.  Do we know what Jake did to support himself prior to the murders?  The only reference I think I've seen is to the farm.  They don't seem to have moved in any type of financially secure manner such as leaving furniture etc. behind with the ability to buy new things when they got there.  But then the Rhodens didn't really seem to be living in luxury from their ill gotten gains either. 

Tossing your theory around in my head another slightly modified version just popped up.  How about new baby, new boyfriend meant that out of favor Jake was being tossed out of the family business by the Rhodens rather than the other way around.  He then came back on them because he'd been cheated all the way around ?

Edited by Vincennes
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a good theory too! My spidey sense is telling me something happened between Jake and the Rhodens

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the name of this town because of the Rhoden case. Now it seems there may be a serial killer running around the area for the last 2 years.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/serial-killer-fears-sparked-after-four-women-dead-two-others-n382331

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But do you think the two cases are connected, Susie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

But do you think the two cases are connected, Susie?

I doubt it, but for a small area, they seem to have a lot of crime.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chillicothe situation definitely sound like a serial killer.

Whole series about the cases called "The VAnishing Women" for anyone interested. Looks like it is on youtube.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checking to see what was coming up regarding the Rhodens lately and found this story from July. I guess the Wagners are establishing themselves in Alaska.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/07/09/corner-alaska-looks-and-feel-little-like-pike-county/456572001/

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Gee they haven't found in any evidence yet?.I think they were searching Wagner on his property land.In watching ID most cases are killed from people marry or have children to a family member.   

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone see any information about this case lately? After they went after the Wagners, everything dried up again. I thought police said they were close to the suspects. Guess not!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll check on it. I'm interested too.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Susie, seems like most of the "recent" news centers around April, May and June of 2017.

If I happen to come across anything more recent I'll post it here.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

When I first said that the news on these murders was going to be controlled until it fell out of the public eye, it seemed preposterous that could be accomplished didn't it ?  

Remember there was supposed to be a law suit under consideration to release the full autopsy reports ?  Now who might have the ability to see that never happens ?  

Edited by Vincennes
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, pallidin said:

It could have been Wagner,  he picked up his daughter that night he had by Hanna Rhoden.  Her Father, Mother , Brothers and Cousins  were all killed later that night.   

Edited by docyabut2
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it seems the law is focusing on the Wagner's.

Evidence might be damn hard to get.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trailers where the murders took place were moved into a barn on the sheriff's impound lot November 2nd. The original storage place filed for bankruptcy.

https://www.10tv.com/article/officials-move-trailers-stored-evidence-rhoden-family-killing

Not much more news coming out about this case. It's a mystery I would like to see solved, but who knows. Doesn't seem LE is in a hurry to get rid of these trailers. Wonder why.

Edited by susieice
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why they couldn't have been put in the barn in the first place? Someone at the sheriff's office a friend of the chemical company owner and trying to direct some funds their way to keep them from bankruptcy?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, susieice said:

The trailers where the murders took place were moved into a barn on the sheriff's impound lot November 2nd. The original storage place filed for bankruptcy.

https://www.10tv.com/article/officials-move-trailers-stored-evidence-rhoden-family-killing

Not much more news coming out about this case. It's a mystery I would like to see solved, but who knows. Doesn't seem LE is in a hurry to get rid of these trailers. Wonder why.

 

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

I wonder why they couldn't have been put in the barn in the first place? Someone at the sheriff's office a friend of the chemical company owner and trying to direct some funds their way to keep them from bankruptcy?

I'll offer potential explanation/s theory action.

Might have been that the LEO didn't have room in the barn because they didn't have to, and so didn't. When the storage place announced/filed it's closing, the LEO would have had to figure out what to do with the stuff there that they wanted to keep- like the trailers. So they made room because they suddenly had to. The article was short, but it would be interesting to know if the LEO was re-arranging the lot prior to the move, or perhaps will/could be announcing an impound auction sale or transferring vehicles for auction to make space.

Might be that the LEO is really getting to some ends and stalling out.. and now it's time to bring the trailers onto the impound lot and start going over them again in the privacy of the barn... Outside media eyes they probably hope. Would be interesting if local folks note an increase of traffic or not in and out of that barn through the winter.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pole barn was purchased and built specifically for this case. Paid for by the state but on the county sheriff's impound lot. They did an emergency request so that they wouldn't have to get approval.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They didn't have to take bids for this work which normally they would have to. More bizarre events to this case. They knew last winter that the chemical company would lose that building. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank for the info Cinpooh. There's something in those trailers they really want to hang on to for whatever reason. Found this link and it mentions building the pole barn. It also says a deputy will be with them 24/7 until a new security system is installed. It looks like the chemical company that previously had them in storage is being sued.

http://www.fox19.com/story/36791122/pike-county-massacre-trailers-moved-again-after-fox19-now-investigation

Also talks about the final autopsy reports released, which are still heavily redacted. The Judge refused to release the full reports after a hearing brought about by a local newspaper. 

http://www.fox19.com/story/33168360/questions-still-unanswered-after-final-autopsy-is-released-in-pike-county-oh-slayings

Edited by susieice
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that they are now installing a security system around the trailers and manning 24 hour guard until that gets done.  Since they left the trailers one the chemical companies lot for a good deal of time with virtually no security or monitoring at all.  Just what "evidence" are we supposed to think there is remaining in them?    Certainly nothing that would stand up in court, e.g., they could be filled to the brim with DNA from whomever they end up charging and it would take a defense attorney less than five minutes to get it thrown out as possibly "planted" during that unsurveilled time period.  

I also question their ethics in announcing the people who moved to Alaska as suspects and then making their location known.  If you put any credence at all in the Sheriff's supposed belief that the minor children left behind were in danger.  So much so that that they were put into foster care at an undisclosed location (all but one of them that is)  If Sheriff Cryer is wrong wasn't he then needlessly putting the little girl that was in Alaska in danger ? 

Then there is the last total surprise (sarcastic) that the Ohio Court ruled in favor of what Mike DeWine wanted with the autopsies which is in direct conflict to a legal opinion DeWine had previously submitted to the courts regarding the fact criminal autopsies are public information.  But in this particular case he wants them suppressed.  Go figure.  

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, rashore said:

 

I'll offer potential explanation/s theory action.

Might have been that the LEO didn't have room in the barn because they didn't have to, and so didn't. When the storage place announced/filed it's closing, the LEO would have had to figure out what to do with the stuff there that they wanted to keep- like the trailers. So they made room because they suddenly had to. The article was short, but it would be interesting to know if the LEO was re-arranging the lot prior to the move, or perhaps will/could be announcing an impound auction sale or transferring vehicles for auction to make space.

Might be that the LEO is really getting to some ends and stalling out.. and now it's time to bring the trailers onto the impound lot and start going over them again in the privacy of the barn... Outside media eyes they probably hope. Would be interesting if local folks note an increase of traffic or not in and out of that barn through the winter.

First, I apologize for this gross post but I think it has to be considered.  

If I understand this right I think you're looking at this situation as if it's just a matter of going into a crime scene like looking for finger prints or positioning.  I think you need to add a drop of the gross reality to the picture.  These structures encapsulate the residue of up to four people who were shot in the head multiple times and that have been closed up with no ventilation for over a year now.  What kind of hazmet suits do you think they should wear when they go over them now on their private impound lot?  And just what would they be looking for now that they couldn't have looked for right after the crime because they are going to have to go through several inches of maggot residue to get to it now.   

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you may be right Vincennes. I would think any biological evidence, after laying around for almost 2 years in summer heat and no ventilation, would be well broken down by now.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 9

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.