Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

8 Family Members Killed In Ohio

susieice

Digging around a little more I found this article: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/one-8-ohio-shooting-victims-who-was-shot-head-he-slept-his-cousin-was-one-who-found

Seems like Kenneth, I think he's the one farthest away, was found with money thrown about the bed. If money was what they were after, why throw it at him before he

died ?

• Like 2

I did notice something that I had missed in the last link I posted when I went back to look at the photos. Way down in the article it mentions one of the men had

been shot nine times and two of the others had been shot FIVE times. I've never seen that mentioned before. It's odd to me that DeWine keeps saying that the

murders were executions. Odd because I think of shooting a person in the head as an execution, shooting them that many times sounds to me like torture first.

That *is* odd. It sounds like the kind of overkill that comes from strong emotions when the predator(s) have strong connections to their pray. One would indeed think that a hired killer or hit man would commit a detached, "professional" murder unless they tried to muddy the waters. On the other hand, maybe they should look for professional killers who have a record of executing victims in this manner.

• Like 2

ETA: I meant to type "prey", not "pray"! It seems like yesterday's fiesta killed a few brain cells.

• Like 1

Digging around a little more I found this article: http://www.opposingv...s-one-who-found

Seems like Kenneth, I think he's the one farthest away, was found with money thrown about the bed. If money was what they were after, why throw it at him before he

died ?

Dollar bills thrown around his legs? Sounds like some kind of sex act. You know how those male strippers get dollar bills stuff in their pants. Maybe this victim was messing around with someone wife or girl causing a rage, I sure they must be checking out every victim`s personal life and who could have been so angry to commit such a horrific crime.Like that one women said , she`s didn't think the killings were a drug cartel , but someone with what they call hillbilly justice.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

A fifth location. Now that is interesting. And Kenneth seems to have had a pitbull that wasn't too friendly with people he didn't know.

The money may have been the reason someone was upset with the family and that's why they dumped it on this poor man's body. Kind of like telling him to keep it. Some people are really sick and when they're out of control, really strange things can go through their minds. If he was fooling around with someone's wife, I would think there would be no reason to kill Dana and her kids. I just keep thinking this was about money, drug money, and that someone in the family with a lot of intimate knowledge they aren't saying is behind it. Just can't shake that off.

A fifth location. God, I wish they'd say where that is!!

It's weird too that police keep sealing everything so no one can get access to any information. It doesn't sound like anyone in the family knows anymore than we do.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

A fifth location. Now that is interesting. And Kenneth seems to have had a pitbull that wasn't too friendly with people he didn't know.

The money may have been the reason someone was upset with the family and that's why they dumped it on this poor man's body. Kind of like telling him to keep it. Some people are really sick and when they're out of control, really strange things can go through their minds. If he was fooling around with someone's wife, I would think there would be no reason to kill Dana and her kids. I just keep thinking this was about money, drug money, and that someone in the family with a lot of intimate knowledge they aren't saying is behind it. Just can't shake that off.

It's weird too that police keep sealing everything so no one can get access to any information. It doesn't sound like anyone in the family knows anymore than we do.

In the one video they said they were searching a lake on the property, this could be the fifth location. that they are refereeing to.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

But susieice why so many dollar bills, why not five or tens :)

Edited by docyabut2

But susieice why so many dollar bills, why not five or tens :)

Don't know docy. I'm just thinking out loud and speculating I guess. For what little we know, this case gets stranger as it goes on.

A lake would be a good place to ditch the guns. Would you need a search warrant to drag a lake? Maybe to protect whatever evidence you may find?

• Like 2

Someone told him to keep it, is my first thought too. That also seems to me that it would be something family would do. A little bit like

feelings were hurt over the division of cash ? I can't think outsiders would do that.

I wasn't sure though that it was actually all one dollar bills. It read to me like the cousin might just used that expression just to mean paper

dollars. But Docy's comment brings me another thought. Could someone have separated the ones out of a pile for some reason ?

Edited by Vincennes
  • Like 2

In the one video they said they were searching a lake on the property, this could be the fifth location. that they are refereeing to.

Do you have to get search warrants to search outside ? Maybe you do because it's on someone's land that isn't cooperating. I just don't think I've

ever come across mention of it before. One of the other things in the last article is that the cousin said they also seem to have taken a CCTV

from Kenneth that was brand new. What the hey is a CCTV?

• Like 1

Do you have to get search warrants to search outside ? Maybe you do because it's on someone's land that isn't cooperating. I just don't think I've

ever come across mention of it before. One of the other things in the last article is that the cousin said they also seem to have taken a CCTV

It's a closed circuit TV Vincennes. I wonder if Kenneth had video surveillance on his property.

All one dollar bills...maybe someone took all the bigger bills they found.

• Like 2

It's a closed circuit TV Vincennes. I wonder if Kenneth had video surveillance on his property.

All one dollar bills...maybe someone took all the bigger bills they found.

Shows my technical expertise doesn't it ! LOL :) My first translation was "closed caption" which left me trying to think of who was deaf !

My first thought is that there is no way the cousin who found Kenneth and who knew that the equipment was missing did not know what the equipment

was there for, what they were monitoring and where the other equipment for monitoring was !! If he noticed right up front that it was missing, he knew

it was there.

All the clues we have now are taking me to this was family or close, close friend who was also involved and felt cheated. (Current theory will probably

change in the next ten minutes ! But for sure this Sheriff and DeWine are getting on my last nerve. DeWine needs to stay in Columbus consoling Kasich.)

• Like 2

Maybe someone was peeved 'cause they received their change for a purchase of grass in all one-dollar bills. :o

Edited by Skulduggery

Do you have to get search warrants to search outside ?

According to the Fourth Amendment, you do. They can search things like sidewalks, though, even though you have to take care of them.

• Like 1

CCTV? It could have been a surveillance camera system on a TV , some have voice and sound , some have not, we have the surveillance cameras with no sound, the sounds ones are more expensive, just a guess.

http://www.cctvsecur..._content=+ CCTV

Edited by docyabut2

Not much of an update. This poor sheriff. He's really trying hard to figure this out. Yep, these killings were very personal.

http://www.cincinnat...sonal/84012716/

Pics from the scenes may be released soon.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/scenes-in-pike-county-shootings-could-be-released-soon

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

I haven't followed this case very closely (nor this thread, and so I don't know what has or hasn't been addressed) but I'd find it hard to believe that authorities wouldn't have at least some idea of who could have committed these murders.

• Like 1

Not much of an update. This poor sheriff. He's really trying hard to figure this out. Yep, these killings were very personal.

http://www.cincinnat...sonal/84012716/

Pics from the scenes may be released soon.

http://www.wcpo.com/...e-released-soon

I agree personal and you`d think it was against the first victims that were killed, have they determined which household it was ?

I agree personal and you`d think it was against the first victims that were killed, have they determined which household it was ?

I don't think any of that kind of info has been released yet. Police are sealing everything as soon as it's completed.

This is all the coroner released a few days after the killings. He said they were holding back the findings. They don't want the people who did this to know how much they know. I would think they do have their suspicions.

http://nbc4i.com/201...ence-collected/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

I don't think any of that kind of info has been released yet. Police are sealing everything as soon as it's completed.

This is all the coroner released a few days after the killings. He said they were holding back the findings. They don't want the people who did this to know how much they know. I would think they do have their suspicions.

http://nbc4i.com/201...ence-collected/

I guess it would be hard to determined who were the first victims, when they were all killed in a short time apart.

I guess it would be hard to determined who were the first victims, when they were all killed in a short time apart.

That's probably how this thing went down. It wouldn't take long to get from one location to the other. On a guess, I'd say maybe an hour to an hour and a half tops. That's allowing for any interaction between the killers and the victims.

All this secrecy though. Police really don't want anything getting out until they're ready to move. This is a death penalty case for sure, and they want to get it right the first time.

• Like 1

Right. The press (with somewhat scant available knowledge... No fault of their own) seems to paint this multi-location massacre as being "simultaneous" when, in fact, we the public don't know how this transpired.

Could have been 1 or 2 assailants moving to each location, or a whole gang that strikes at one time.

The law officials are not providing this type of info to the public for, I suppose, their own reasons.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

This was the topic re. the murders on our news last night: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/11/relatives-murdered-ohio-family-believe-two-properties-had-security-cameras.html

I'm sorry to say that the way our news caster phrased the requests for video made the Sheriff's Dept. sound desperate.

Since we have already been told that the CCTV equipment is thought to be missing, I'm left wondering if they didn't also take the equipment or tapes from the

other cameras or were they all part of the same system.

The other interesting thing is the motion detector lights. To me that makes it seem as if whatever happened, happened fast and really ups the percentages that there

was multiple people involved.

• Like 2

I'm convinced there was more than one killer. To control 2 full grown men in the same house in order to beat them would almost require that. If they have surveillance video, they have a real good idea who did it. The more evidence they can gather, the tighter the noose on the person they eventually accuse. The media is probably more desperate since the police are refusing to release any info at all, so they don't have much to report.

I'm not surprised by the security cameras on the properties. When growing large amounts of marijuana, it makes sense to keep the property guarded.

• Like 2

This seems to be pretty easy to solve: Mexican Drug Cartel