Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Best Kept Secret of Life

wong chee kwan

I am a super fan of I-Ching. So, there will be lots of it from now on; enough to bore you to death. But, if you can survive the boredom, the untold story will definitely spice up the way you look at life. Because that’s the “hidden agenda” of I-Ching – to spice up people’s lives.

I-Ching? They call it the “Book of Changes”, a Chinese classic aged over five thousand years old. It is said to be the best kept secret of life; because the whole book is filled with riddles; thereby subjecting itself to all kinds of interpretation.

My take on I-Ching is its 3-D energy model that tracks all the possible changes in one’s lifetime as a growing human universe.

According to I-Ching -- a perfect human universe comprises a stable base, a justified past, and an expanding future; or, a 3-D (three dimensional) existence that guarantees a happy and fulfilled life.

Unfortunately, life is never perfect in reality. For most of us, if there is indeed a human universe, it is either distorted or dysfunctional.

That’s where I-Ching comes in as a solutions provider.

In this context, I started coining names for I-Ching, one each for different interest groups.

For the spirited – Sixty-four ways to Heaven.

For the down and out – Quick fixes for Screw-ups in Life.

For the ambitious – A Guide on Growing a Large-than-life Life.

For the scientific-minded – A Construction Manual for a Human Universe.

I guess I have a lot of explanations to do for calling names.

Where do I begin?

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. :st "Where do I begin?"

"That’s where I-Ching comes in as a solutions provider."

• Like 3

What is 3D Energy ?

What is 3D Energy ?

One better than 2D energy and a whole level higher than 3C energy and one level lower then 3E energy.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 4

I Ching is just another form of divination like the tarot cards - runes - palmistry...astrology...in fact the list could go on and on when it comes to using different forms and methods of predicting the future.. ones fortune/or receiving quick fix answers to questions.

Basically - I think one must simply take this type of thing as 'tongue in cheek' rather than actually 'believing' that this and other things like tea-leaf reading is related to some kind of mysterious cosmic connection where one will be given 'all of the answers'.

What's important - is people should stop believing in a whole bunch of superstitious nonsense - start taking responsibility for themselves as in (being captain of their own ship) - and stop using this type of hocus pocus as a crutch.

• Like 8

I have met a lot of people whose guiding principle is/was the "Ka-Ching" !

• Like 6

I have met a lot of people whose guiding principle is/was the "Ka-Ching" !

So what's your point ?
  • Like 1

So what's your point ?

Um, er, (gulp).

• Like 4

I Ching is just another form of divination like the tarot cards - runes - palmistry...astrology...in fact the list could go on and on when it comes to using different forms and methods of predicting the future.. ones fortune/or receiving quick fix answers to questions.

Basically - I think one must simply take this type of thing as 'tongue in cheek' rather than actually 'believing' that this and other things like tea-leaf reading is related to some kind of mysterious cosmic connection where one will be given 'all of the answers'.

What's important - is people should stop believing in a whole bunch of superstitious nonsense - start taking responsibility for themselves as in (being captain of their own ship) - and stop using this type of hocus pocus as a crutch.

Actually not quite , though they are some that uses it that way , just as Astrologists uses some fundamentals of Astronomy , the I-Ching is not entirely , as a whole, dedicated to divination ~

-

The ancient book of wisdom at the heart of every computer

The I-Ching predates binary code by as much as 5,000 years, and gives us reason to question our faith in digital technology

Damien Walter Friday 21 March 2014 07.00 GMT

Gottfried Wilhelm von Liebniz was a philosopher and mathematician in search of a model. In the late 1600s Leibniz decided there was a need for a new, purer arithmetic than our common decimal system. Leibniz discovered the model for this new arithmetic in the five-millennia-old book that is at the heart of Chinese philosophy: the I-Ching, or Book of Changes.

This ancient text was such an influence on Liebniz that he titled his article on the new arithmetic: "Explanation of the binary arithmetic, which uses only the characters 1 and 0, with some remarks on its usefulness, and on the light it throws on the ancient Chinese figures of Fu Xi". Fu Xi was the legendary first author of the I-Ching. The arithmetic Liebniz described was binary code, which is used in almost every modern computer, from iPhones to China's own Tihane-2 supercomputer.

~

~

The Science of Chaos Theory and the I Ching

As Chaos Theory opened up a new view of nature in the last century, the ancients who wrote the I Ching discovered these same insights over 5,000 years ago. Taoism gained most of this knowledge from observing nature compared to the early days of science where it ignored the systems of nature such as weather because it concluded it was too complex (before computers) to create mathematical models to make predictions.

`

Introduction

by Richard Wilhelm

Rendered into English by Cary F. Baynes

HTML Edition by Dan Baruth

Yet we must not overlook the fact that apart from this mechanistic number mysticism, a living stream of deep human wisdom was constantly flowing through the channel of this book into everyday life, giving to China's great civilization that ripeness of wisdom, distilled through the ages, which we wistfully admire in the remnants of this last truly autochthonous culture.

What is the Book of Changes actually? In order to arrive at an understanding of the book and its teachings, we must first of all boldly strip away the dense overgrowth of interpretations that have read into it all sorts of extraneous ideas. This is equally necessary whether we are dealing with the superstitions and mysteries of old Chinese sorcerers or the no less superstitious theories of modern European scholars who try to interpret all historical cultures in terms of their experience of primitive savages.[5] We must hold here to the fundamental principle that the Book of Changes is to be explained in the light of its own content and of the era to which it belongs. With this the darkness lightens perceptibly and we realize that this book, though a very profound work, does not offer greater difficulties to our understanding than any other book that has come down through a long history from antiquity to our time.

~

Actually not quite , though they are some that uses it that way , just as Astrologists uses some fundamentals of Astronomy , the I-Ching is not entirely , as a whole, dedicated to divination ~

Well I was focusing more on the influences of Taoism and Confucianism that is used for divination purposes third_eye.

When mentioning I Ching - the first thought that jumped to my mind was divination.

Isn't Yin and Yang also the two most fundamental ordering principles in Taoist philosophy and cosmology - as in finding order in chance events ?

If I get time tomorrow I will do more research into these ancient Chinese beliefs and philosophy.

• Like 2

Hi and welcome to UM

• Like 1

Hi Wong Chee Kwan, a warm welcome to UM, I wish you a Wonderful Unexplained Mysteries Journey here.

What's in 3D energy?, illustrate please!

• Like 1

Well I was focusing more on the influences of Taoism and Confucianism that is used for divination purposes third_eye.

When mentioning I Ching - the first thought that jumped to my mind was divination.

Isn't Yin and Yang also the two most fundamental ordering principles in Taoist philosophy and cosmology - as in finding order in chance events ?

If I get time tomorrow I will do more research into these ancient Chinese beliefs and philosophy.

Taoism yes ... Confucianism, not so much ... the divination influence got popular much much later and at a time when Taoism held the greater influence over China, then it ended with them getting persecuted because of the many 'dubious' claims if not for outright degradation into a system of corrupt Priests ~ took a fair long time before the original teachings and fundamentals of Taoism to be rediscovered to its former glory ~

Yin Yang is one ~ no Yin without Yang and or vice versa ~ :yes:

~

• Like 2

~snip

how fortuitously serendipitous ... THree of the latest Holybook dot com uploaded Titles are ~

The four books is a collection of confucian root texts. It has been established that none of them has been written by Confucious (K’ung-tzu, 551-479 B.C.E.) but rather compiled by his students after his dead. However, The four books, are considered the closest we come to the original teaching of Confucious. If you were to seek a position in the Chinese empire you would have to pass a civil service exmination, that required that you had read the four books.

The collection consists of the works: Confucian Analects, The great learning, The doctrine of the mean, and The works of Mencius. This edition has both the original Chinese text and the English translation. This edition was translated and edited by James Legge. Download the book here (41 MB / 603 pages):

• Holybooks free PDF download link

~

The Book of the Simple Way is translation of the original text of the Tao-Teh-King published in 1904. Here are some lines from the discussions in the introduction:

By acting while separating oneself from action, and by reaching the fruit of action without desiring it, man ceases to identify himself with good or evil in the world and reaches a state wherein diversity is perceived as unity, and all distinctions cease. Hope is no more, there is nothing unfulfilled; ambition has no aim, for all things are attained; and effort has no use, for necessity has ceased.

~

The Inner Life and the Tao-Teh-King was published in 1912. The work is derived from a set of lectures attempting to present a mystical interpretation of the classic text, the Tao-Teh-King. From the book:

“The book is a series of nature notes; it is nature mysticism. It is a song that comes from nature’s heart and not from any university. It is nature, or spirit made visible. You may also turn the sentence round, and say that the book is spirit showing us invisible nature. Both sentences are true and the study may be begun either by starting in spirit and ending in nature or starting in nature and ending in spirit.”

~

Enjoy ... :tu:

~

• Like 1

Everyone seems to have a 'best kept secret'. There are no secrets. Life isn't all that mysterious. In a nutshell: Do the best with what you have. Be grateful you have it. Be a kind and gentle person and help your fellow humans. That is all.

• Like 8

Everyone seems to have a 'best kept secret'. There are no secrets. Life isn't all that mysterious. In a nutshell: Do the best with what you have. Be grateful you have it. Be a kind and gentle person and help your fellow humans. That is all.

I like your way of seeing/living life, you must be content of it!

• Like 1

Welcome to UM wong chee kwan :st Please, take time to read the site rules, check out some threads... and enjoy your time here on UM :tu:

To answer some folks question about I-Ching 3-D energy, here's a PDF on the math: http://www.newalexan...ing/i-ching.pdf

To my understanding, I-Ching is more than just a divination tool, it also carries with it a whole cultural concept. Much like Runes out of Europe- They are divination tools, but they are also the language of a people, and have cultural concepts that go beyond just a divination tool.

• Like 3

I like your way of seeing/living life, you must be content of it!

Thank you. I'm getting there. I had my grandchild over night this weekend and I don't get enough time with her these days. I was just staring at her, thinking, "THIS is my purpose". I raised (by myself) a beautiful, loving, and really funny daughter. She is going to raise my grand baby the same way, if not better. I think most people try to climb the big ladder of life and miss a few rungs along the way.

• Like 3

Well, the I-Qing isn't really a secret. It's been around for thousands of years. Nothing in it is revolutionary or new, though it made a lot of waves when it was originally released.

The Big Bang Theory 1 (The Ego-Soul Separation)

“Bang!” That is the sound of a newborn human universe; yours and mine are alike.

No, it is not an exaggeration. It is an audible signal for an unfolding natural process; no different from thunder, the sound of lightning that warns of an impending storm.

Yes, there is also light, which flashes before the “bang”; in accordance with the natural order -- lightning first, thunder later.

What follows is a huge mind explosion that ejects one out of the body, and disintegrates the body into thin air, figuratively speaking.

The sudden explosion of mind-space is actually a sensory breakout from the inner emotional domain; best visualized as an out-of-body experience that propels one’s awareness into a sun-lit world from the inner emotion-pit.

I-Ching calls this brilliant escape -- an ego detachment process.

Then comes tranquility, the result of the body relaxing and the mind justifying.

The body relaxes when the ego lets go of the past; thereby ending its dominance over the running of the body. In simple English, the involuntarily function is switched on, the moment the consciousness is off; resulting in spontaneous bodily jerks.

The mind justification is a spontaneous process, which matches extremes of opposing natures to form justified knowledge, the core ingredient of a justified environment.

Justified knowledge are facts about how things work naturally. Hence, a justified environment is a natural setting, where things vibrate freely; rising and falling cyclically like the four seasons.

I-Ching calls this unwinding phenomenon a soul-awakening process.

Now, there are two “beings” on the loose -- a detached ego and a liberated soul. Such a “free” formation is called an earthly self (a passive ego plus a grounded soul); blessed with a profound sense of contentment because of the grounding.

Done. Step one of the birth procedure – the separation of the ego and soul.

Do what you love and never work a day in your life. Things can be replaced, loved ones can't. Don't forget to dance round the fire and howl at the moon once in awhile.

• Like 2