Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump's foreign policy for America

ellapenella

I know 0bama care was suppose to allow people to buy insurance from companies in other states. When was that gonna take effect? Why wasn't that a top priority? That's something that could actually make insurance affordable.

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

I know 0bama care was suppose to allow people to buy insurance from companies in other states. When was that gonna take effect? Why wasn't that a top priority? That's something that could actually make insurance affordable.

As soon as Congress gets its ar$e around to do it, you know, once they have 2 free minutes from bickering among themselves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Then according to Trump's plan you need to have a savings plan (see point 4), which has the basic problem that if you have not saved enough to pay for the bills you have neither the money nor the insurance to pay for the treatment you need.

Seriously Q? Since when does having the option mean you have to? It's not mandated, it's just an option. An it looks like a good one at that.

Edited by preacherman76

13 minutes ago, questionmark said:

The point is you don't get punished for not having health insurance you cannot afford, the point is you get punished to be to proud to ask for aid to do so, because everybody, regardless of how much money he has, can get the basic plan.

Then why are there so many people who signed up for a plan that never even made the first payment?

Seriously Q? Since when does having the option mean you have to? It's not mandated, it's just an option. An it looks like a good one at that.

Seriously. But don't take my word for it. Because the option would be insurance or the insurance alternative. No insurance will go nowhere.

1 minute ago, questionmark said:

Seriously. But don't take my word for it. Because the option would be insurance or the insurance alternative. No insurance will go nowhere.

Obviously I can't take your word for it. You just totally misrepresented point 4 as if it wasn't an option.

Just now, preacherman76 said:

Then why are there so many people who signed up for a plan that never even made the first payment?

Could that be ignorance? Because there is hardly anybody left that does not qualify. Money or not. More than two thirds of those still uninsured would qualify for special Medicaid programs (that, as seen in point 6. of the Trump proposal would go).

Since when is not having insurance not an option? I didn't have insurance for many years once I was to old to stay on my parents plan. 

Sure the right thing to do is have insurance. The wrong thing to do is allow insurance companies to sky rocket the prices once you force people to buy it. Welcome to 0bama care

Since when is not having insurance not an option? I didn't have insurance for many years once I was to old to stay on my parents plan. 

Sure the right thing to do is have insurance. The wrong thing to do is allow insurance companies to sky rocket the prices once you force people to buy it. Welcome to 0bama care

Yes, and if you break you leg you will have to declare bankruptcy at the cost of us all. I did not know that freeloading was a desirable state.

2 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Could that be ignorance? Because there is hardly anybody left that does not qualify. Money or not. More than two thirds of those still uninsured would qualify for special Medicaid programs (that, as seen in point 6. of the Trump proposal would go).

Well some folks have a problem with collecting welfare. No one should be forced to be a burden to tax payers should they choose not to be.

Well some folks have a problem with collecting welfare. No one should be forced to be a burden to tax payers should they choose not to be.

Then get a haircut and get a real job. That simple.

Thats what you're missing without preventative health care everyone will eventually become a burden on tax payers . Going back to the old way of doing things is not progress 

2 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Yes, and if you break you leg you will have to declare bankruptcy at the cost of us all. I did not know that freeloading was a desirable state.

Yes you did. You want people to go on welfare if they can't afford insurance. At least the broken leg only costs once, welfare just keeps going and going. 

There was a day when having a broken leg was affordable to most people. Till government started flipping the bill.

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yes you did. You want people to go on welfare if they can't afford insurance. At least the broken leg only costs once, welfare just keeps going and going. 

There was a day when having a broken leg was affordable to most people. Till government started flipping the bill.

That time hasnt been since I became an adult, corporations hijacked healthcare long before obamacare 

Do we have to chew the whole Emergency Room thingy again? The reason why US medicine is the most expensive an has on its broad application but marginal results is precisely that people need to go on welfare during an illness by dragging it out until they collapse.

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

That time hasnt been since I became an adult, corporations hijacked healthcare long before obamacare 

In fact, I posted a study from the "American glory days" in another thread that showed precisely that... in the 70s.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Then get a haircut and get a real job. That simple.

Well that's one thing we agree on

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats what you're missing without preventative health care everyone will eventually become a burden on tax payers . Going back to the old way of doing things is not progress 

I'm not saying there wasn't problems farm. I'm saying 0bama care was no answer to them, not even close.

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

They highjacked it with medicare-aid. Before they couldn't charge more then people could afford. Then government started flipping the bill, an prices skyrocketed. 

Obama care clearly and dramatically made it that much worse. I've seen my health insurance prices triple since it was implimented. 

They highjacked it with medicare-aid. Before they couldn't charge more then people could afford. Then government started flipping the bill, an prices skyrocketed. 

Obama care clearly and dramatically made it that much worse. I've seen my health insurance prices triple since it was implimented. 

As someone who regularly bills medicaid/medicare as well as insurance companies im not really sure where you're getting the correlation from (although I readily admit to NOT being an expert)  .Medicaid and medicare have strict limits on what they will pay period, whereas insurance companies will pay 5X for the same service. 

Medicare/medicaid actually helps lower costs at the patient level. The reason you (or your insurers) pay 30 dollars for a single ibuprofen in a hospital setting is so that hospitals can offset the costs of those who are uninsured and don't pay their bills. Theoretically if everyone were insured this would no longer be an excuse for outrageous pricing. 

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

That was enacted in the 80s, or later. And I don't get how your insurance tripled when everybody else (including me) is still paying basically the same rates as 2 years ago

40 minutes ago, questionmark said:

That was enacted in the 80s, or later. And I don't get how your insurance tripled when everybody else (including me) is still paying basically the same rates as 2 years ago

Neither u or I have to "get it" Q. I just have to pay it, along with a few million of us who had their insurance sky rocket. That doesn't include how they lowered the coverage, and jacked up the co pays. Google it. Many people had their insurance dramatically raised

• Like 1