Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real-life Noah's Ark to visit Rio Olympics

UM-Bot

A full-size replica of the biblical vessel will be paying a visit to the Olympic Games later this year.

Devised by Dutch millionaire Johan Huibers after the idea came to him in a dream, the huge ark is nothing if not impressive. Measuring 410 feet long and weighing 2,500 tons, the vessel is home to an array of museum exhibits and is able to accommodate anywhere up to 5,000 people.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/294015/real-life-noahs-ark-to-visit-rio-olympics

• Like 1

Uh... It's not a full-sized replica.

It's half the size, according to reports.

Still, a grand achievement.

• Like 2

Epic case of deforestation that only is meant to give 'hope'. Same amount of money, energy, and time could have been used to actually help orphans. I hope it sinks.

• Like 3

Not really a replica in the strict sense of the word, it's just a build, but still quite impressive, both in making it, and as stated above in deforestation.

• Like 2

Deforestation? The U.S. plants more trees then it harvests. If deforestation bothers everyone so much, please do move out of your stick build homes and move into a mud hut. :whistle:

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 1

Uh... It's not a full-sized replica.

It's half the size, according to reports.

Still, a grand achievement.

The math doesn't work at all:

"“And this is how you shall make it: The length of the ark shall be three hundred 8 cubits, its width fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits,”

His measurements are 410x95x75 feet according to the article... so:

410/308 = 1.33

95/50=1.9

75/30=2.5

What measurement system is he using? Or is he just making s**t up ... <_<

Oh, and where did the dinosaurs sleep?

• Like 3

Hopefully it sinks, it is time for the world to move on from religious superstitions. This is a disgusting waste of resources.

• Like 3

Proper heading:

Religious person builds giant boat based from middle-eastern mythology, wastes millions of dollars' worth of resources.

• Like 3

""We want to allow thousands of people who are living in Brazil, underprivileged and orphan children, to experience the hope that comes from this story from the Bible that’s brought to life," said Huibers."

In reality, he means to sucker children and others with no critical sense into a fundamentalist version of Christianity that even most Christians regard as false.

The steel framing and engines will be carefully hidden, I expect. But then again, why bother, most of the kids will not notice.

• Like 1

I guess the thing isn't seaworthy. They are loading it on a barge to get it to the olympics. Not much of a boat if you ask me. I hope they all be safe, if thing goes down.

There is a Noah's Ark museum in Kentucky that has thought police that stop people from questioning the exhibits. Does that happen in this one?

There is a Noah's Ark museum in Kentucky that has thought police that stop people from questioning the exhibits. Does that happen in this one?

Lol!

its only a replica if there 2 of every animal male and female. :w00t:

• 3 weeks later...

Is it the amount of posts here that change the name under our avatar? Oh well I don't give **** either way I've just always been curious. I don't have the time

to post as much is some of the lunatics on this board do. In regards this this Noah's Ark replica:

It's a good thing they did not try and traverse the seas leaving their fate up to God. Having the Ark barged there was a smart move for the investors. 

I suppose it will kindle some sort of hope for the poor and orphaned, but then when it goes away they will be back in their misery.

Still a magnificent achievement, and although it seems a waste of resources, I'm sure its no more a waste of resources than any other museums. 

My opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...

A flat bottom riverboat isn't an ocean going vessel. Without a keel it would easily capsize in a storm, much like the Mongol fleet that attempted to invade Japan.