Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump did it, it's over

F3SS

Sanders just beat Clinton in Indiana.

• Like 5

Holy Cow...Guess Im psychic. From the 'get go' I had a feeling it was going to be Trump vs Clinton.

I saw odds of 9/1 about Trump becoming the Republican candidate, early on. Not there yet, but certainly the pundits who predicted an early Trump flame-out are wiping a lot of egg off their faces.

• Like 5

Yeah I gotta go ahead and step in and admit my past mistaken predictions on this one, F3SS, I mean even if something bizzare happens at the end of June, a couple of months from now and he doesn't get the Repub nomination, which even I can't see happening at this point, but who truly knows 100%, right? But I was definitely wrong about him not sticking around through the primaries and thought he was just clowning around and I'm now beginning to think I'm wrong about him not getting the Repub nomination through contested convention or whatever else they mentioned to keep him from getting the nomination as well. I think he's actually going to get it, not counting any weird turn of events like being assassinated, has a a heart attack, dies in a car wreck, etc.

As far as the general election goes between Hillery and Trump, I honestly don't know who's going to come out on top of this one. To many positive variables for either one of the candidates and either one could win. Just can't call it this earlier, F3SS.

Nice admission man. I never made any bets during the primaries and only called things how I seen them going. Sure I had a few gut feelings posted but no bets. I'm not trying to be a told-you-so kind of guy. I know it's not easy for people, myself included, to admit wrong but I was curious to see if anyone could do what you just did. That's a testament to your character. Kudos. Now maybe if we can get Questionmark to admit he too got it wrong just one time here in 30,000 posts we'd make some real history tonight.

• Like 6

Watch this:

Now, he may very well be combing it over to achieve his 'style' (and I use the word 'style' loosely). But, weird as it is it's still his hair (he's not bald).

• Like 3

Congrats to the Trump campaign.

The best part is watching all those naysayers eat their words...

• Like 6

Nice admission man. I never made any bets during the primaries and only called things how I seen them going. Sure I had a few gut feelings posted but no bets. I'm not trying to be a told-you-so kind of guy. I know it's not easy for people, myself included, to admit wrong but I was curious to see if anyone could do what you just did. That's a testament to your character. Kudos. Now maybe if we can get Questionmark to admit he too got it wrong just one time here in 30,000 posts we'd make some real history tonight.

Well thanks for the compliments, F3SS. But the way I look at this is this way, seeing how the Internet is mostly anonymous...well overall...I don't have that much to lose by admitting past mistakes on the Internet by losing face or whatever people might call it. I mean it's not like you know who I actually am and where I live (lol, in all honesty I might have reacted differently if that was the case) and besides, I think people take the Internet too serious at times; especially here on UM.

If anybody takes the Internet too serious and doesn't deal too well with being wrong sometimes, even through anonymity, they might as well close their account, lose their post count (like post counts is a big whoop IMO), wait a while to re-register and start all over again with a new name and avi. But really it's just silly taking the Internet serious and going to that extreme. I mean who cares? I don't. Because nobody knows who I really am and I feel comfortable with that and admitting my mistakes freely without feeling depressed about it.

Anyway, there you go, just the way I look at it. ;)

• Like 2

Watch this:

Now, he may very well be combing it over to achieve his 'style' (and I use the word 'style' loosely). But, weird as it is it's still his hair (he's not bald).

At least this bald. donald-trump-hair-photos-mystery-transplant-combover_2014-09-14_21-59-27-573x430.jpg

The point is that it's fake no matter what you call it. When he was a celebrity or salesman it was odd but forgiven. Seems kind of eccentric now for a POTUS. He can have his salon blond hair. Just cut it like a man.

220px-Donald_Trump_hair_from_above_and_behind.jpg

Hmmm. Well that sure doesn't look like a rug to me. Looks like he's just got a few bald spots here and there at his age and he just grew some hair longer to cover some of it.

Edited by Purifier
  • Like 2

Switching topics and sobering up, how about the hat trick Bernie is trying to pull off and what if he does it? New Jersey, Washington, Oregon, California?

I think the term is a "receding hair line". To me being bald means having no hair on the top of ones head.

Edited by Lilly
  • Like 1

Well thanks for the compliments, F3SS. But the way I look at this is this way, seeing how the Internet is mostly anonymous...well overall...I don't have that much to lose by admitting past mistakes on the Internet by losing face or whatever people might call it. I mean it's not like you know who I actually am and where I live (lol, in all honesty I might have reacted differently if that was the case) and besides, I think people take the Internet too serious at times; especially here on UM.

If anybody takes the Internet too serious and doesn't deal too well with being wrong sometimes, even through anonymity, they might as well close their account, lose their post count (like post counts is a big whoop IMO), wait a while to re-register and start all over again with a new name and avi. But really it's just silly taking the Internet serious and going to that extreme. I mean who cares? I don't. Because nobody knows who I really am and I feel comfortable with that and admitting my mistakes freely without feeling depressed about it.

Anyway, there you go, just the way I look at it. ;)

I used to feel the same way and stated it once. Then another poster, Joc, told me the opposite and in time I feel he was right. I think this site, especially this section of the forum for me, has become a bit more personal than I could have imagined in the past. For several years now I have been talking to much of the same two dozen or so people and with nearly 10k posts I now feel that I have invested much of who I am, on very particular issues at least, to say it now means nothing. Could I live without it? Sure but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy and feel compelled to come here to essentially hang out in a way with all you guys. We may not know eachother but if someone here died and I found out I couldn't say I wouldn't feel something, even if it were one of the far left wingers I've never had a thing in common with and even if we only know eachother by screen names and avatars and I bet you couldn't say otherwise yourself if you take an honest perspective on it. Even though you pop in less than I do you're still here enough and you take things serious enough to invest yourself to a lot of long posts. Hey you have a real life, I get that, and so do I.

Jesus, where'd all that come from?! Damit I'll tell you how you really feel lol!

Fwiw, I think it's harder for many to admit wrong doing to strangers on the Internet than it is having a face to face with someone.

• Like 5

To call him bald is trolling a bit but he's been known to exaggerate from time to time and so have I. :st

• Like 1

The same people who predicted no Trump nomination, are telling me he can't beat Hillary. Are they playing 'double or nothing' ?

• Like 5

The same people who predicted no Trump nomination, are telling me he can't beat Hillary. Are they playing 'double or nothing' ?

Trump will be the next president.

• Like 1

Unless there are some crushing poll numbers popping up in Hillary's favor in the next few months I'll have to say that anyone speaking adamantly about how Trump can't win is either being disingenuous or hopelessly optimistic for Hillary. It's been proven now that Trump can't be discounted by traditional political taboos.

• Like 4

I'm actually a bit surprised Trump managed to pull it off. I was totally expecting him to go off in a huff once he got his ego crushed, but the ego crush never came. I'm still wondering what Kasich is thinking, however. Short of Trump getting assassinated or going to jail, it's not going to convention.

I have to say the title of the OP is wrong though, should be, "Trump did it, It's just beginning."

• Like 1

I have to say the title of the OP is wrong though, should be, "Trump did it, It's just beginning."

It just meant he secured the nomination, not the whole shebang.

Trump will be the next president.

I can't like it but I can accept it. I think the whole thing is his to lose now. Hillary is poised to fall the same way Ted did, albeit slower.

Edited by Varelse

Now to see who running mates might be. For Clinton I have no idea. For Trump no idea either. I know many will say he needs someone to offset his large personality, a moderate or a traditional politician. However, everybody who claims to know what Trump needs to do has been wrong and also I don't know who that could be either because that could be a hundred people. If he's going to choose a complimentary running mate I've been thinking of Newt Gingrich. He's the politician version of Trump and could really help articulate what Trump seems to have trouble articulating because he's good at that and Newt would love to be a heartbeat away from the presidency. I've also thought of Allen West because he's non-PC and given that he's black that would be politically expedient and help Trump avoid the race card though it never really stuck anyhow except for with the rabid lefties. Not sure who else ATM.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 4

I used to feel the same way and stated it once. Then another poster, Joc, told me the opposite and in time I feel he was right. I think this site, especially this section of the forum for me, has become a bit more personal than I could have imagined in the past. For several years now I have been talking to much of the same two dozen or so people and with nearly 10k posts I now feel that I have invested much of who I am, on very particular issues at least, to say it now means nothing. Could I live without it? Sure but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy and feel compelled to come here to essentially hang out in a way with all you guys. We may not know eachother but if someone here died and I found out I couldn't say I wouldn't feel something, even if it were one of the far left wingers I've never had a thing in common with and even if we only know eachother by screen names and avatars and I bet you couldn't say otherwise yourself if you take an honest perspective on it. Even though you pop in less than I do you're still here enough and you take things serious enough to invest yourself to a lot of long posts. Hey you have a real life, I get that, and so do I.

Well hey I understand where you and Joc are coming from on that perspective and it's easy to feel that way looking at it from that kind of perspective. But I just can't allow myself to do that, because all this - is not really real to me. I mean it's not like I wouldn't care if a fellow member here died suddenly in real life, sure I'd give my condolence and show some human compassion, but I'd move on and not think upon it anymore. Because for me it's like hearing the same thing happening to a stranger on the streets who I didn't really know all that well, just knew them from a few casual conversations every once in a while. And with the time I invest here writing my personal opinions on some subjects, well to me that's just me expressing myself and personal beliefs where I wouldn't do so much otherwise to real life strangers on the street. Because see, I look at it as a great psychological outlet for me to say what I really want to say, without hesitation, where I would normally be afraid to talk about controversial subjects to real life strangers and I figure that is the case with most people on here. So I guess I just have a hard time looking at it from the same perspective as you, Joc and others do. I don't know, that's just me and the way I think about it.

Jesus, where'd all that come from?! Damit I'll tell you how you really feel lol!

See, there you go, anonymity, it does wonders. Makes you feel free to say what you want...well sometimes unless you want the moderators to ban you. :P

Fwiw, I think it's harder for many to admit wrong doing to strangers on the Internet than it is having a face to face with someone.

Oh man, it's the exact opposite for me. Eye contact with a living breathing human being in front of you is a lot more real than being on the Internet. And hey - by the way, I did in real life make the same predictions to my father (thank god it was only him so far) and guess what, I'm now eating crow. Lol. Oh the real humility! It's no fun with him. :passifier:

Edited by Purifier
  • Like 2

The lesson we should walk away with from this election is that far more people have been quietly angry than we have been lead to believe. Who else did we expect this sizeable, disgruntled population of mostly Caucasians to vote for? Trump's win could almost be seen as the antithesis to extreme liberalism. The liberalism that shuts down free speech, empowers a "white guilt", desmasculated environment, etc.

Trump is incompatible with uber-feminism.

I'll admit, as the "protests" at Trump's rallies became more aggressive and even violent, it made me sympathize with his supporters despite any reservations I had about his policies. Its easy to see why some one else who is undecided would feel the same. So at the end of the day, it was Bernie's supporters that truly #FELTTHEBERN when they protested themselves out of a win. Does it get any more ironic?

• Like 3

I'll admit, as the "protests" at Trump's rallies became more aggressive and even violent, it made me sympathize with his supporters despite any reservations I had about his policies. Its easy to see why some one else who is undecided would feel the same. So at the end of the day, it was Bernie's supporters that truly #FELTTHEBERN when they protested themselves out of a win. Does it get any more ironic?

As always, liberalism always produces the exact opposite of its stated intent. Always.

• Like 5