Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump did it, it's over

F3SS

Well they did all get (in 2004, 2008, and 2012) 59-62 million votes in the general election. I don't know if that counts as "any notable amount". It's worth noting that 62 million won the election in 2004.

• Like 2

The modern political system works exactly like "they" want it too...

All the crap about "but this candidate wants to unite us all,where so and so is a divider" a lil heads up they are all wanting a divide!And it has worked without a glitch!

I like and respect everyday people from both sides of the great divide,but have found i can talk and debate more reasonably with people from the right.They are much less abbrassive and annoying to deal with irl...

That said,"Don't blame me,i voted for Ron Paul" :tu::lol:

• Like 5

Really? I never thought of Romney, McCain or Bush as obnoxious and garish. Did you? I find this nomination truly different in that respect.

I only meant this election cycle...and on both sides of the aisle.

No, I didn't mean Romney, McCain or Bush.

I only meant this election cycle...and on both sides of the aisle.

No, I didn't mean Romney, McCain or Bush.

Ok thanks. I thought you meant it as the traditional norm.

• Like 1

So it's automatic that he's the Republican nominee?

There's no chance of politicking crowning Crud?

I suppose there is still a chance for a contested convention but Trump would have to lay down right now and not do anything. He still has to go out there and campaign in the remaining states. He just has no opposition. Although Cruz, Kasich, and maybe a few others will still be on the ballot. In the remaining primaries, I’m sure Cruz and Kasich will still get votes. But it’ll be fewer than they are getting now. This is the perfect opportunity for Trump to go into these remaining states and start hammering Hilary and the Democrats. And again, that may just help Sanders.

• Like 5

So Trump is still trailing Clinton in national polls. As much as 13 percent which is about where it's been. I use the Huff Pollster all the time to see where the standings are because they update a lot and average their numbers from tons of different polls. They're usually a good indicator but polls can be wrong. I have attached below a current screen shot of the latest updates from Indiana, a day or two ago they were updated. They had Trump at 43% next to Cruz at 20 something. He ended up with around 52-53 from what I recall last night. That's a 9-10 point difference. They had Clinton at 51% and Sanders at 43. Sanders ended up winning last night with around 53%. Another 10 point flub. Same thing happened in another state between those two, Minnesota iirc. So current standing between the two contenders on each side may not be as distant as the polls make it to be. It's too early to trust them and it seems polls released as recent as a day or two before a race can be off by a lot. All I'm saying people is don't place your bets against Trump so quickly here. You already have enough egg on your face. :)

post-117199-0-18366000-1462387045_thumb.

Mr Trump has successfully launched a hostile take over of the GOP IMO. He will now step in as CEO and 'restructure the company'. Soon he will be not only 'one of them', he'll be their leader.

That’s exactly what he is doing. But he won’t become ‘one of them’, ‘they’ will have to join Trump or he will bring them into the boardroom and tell’em that they’re fired!

At least she isn't a loudmouth a@@ pandering to the lowest common denominator, a racist etc etc. Trump is an embarassment and does not speak for MY America

No, she's, a hardline neoconservative warhawk who's been responsible for some major errors of judgement (to put it kindly) in foreign policy, and will without a doubt be responsible for many many more if she ever does get elected to office. That's so much preferable.

:unsure:

• Like 5

Look at the Clinton Sanders graph on the top right of the pic. He's only climbed and she's done nothing but decline. I still don't think he's beating her but she hasn't gained a bit of extra support during her entire campaign. She started on her high point. Just sayin, confident predictions at this point are crap shoots.

• Like 2

Look at the Clinton Sanders graph on the top right of the pic. He's only climbed and she's done nothing but decline. I still don't think he's beating her but she hasn't gained a bit of extra support during her entire campaign. She started on her high point. Just sayin, confident predictions at this point are crap shoots.

She has nothing going for her. Nothing. Not even a likeable personality to fall back on. I'm hoping the Clinton dynasty dies this year

• Like 8

She has nothing going for her. Nothing. Not even a likeable personality to fall back on. I'm hoping the Clinton dynasty dies this year

sure she does, the name of the other candidate is Donald Rumpelstiltzchen Trump. Good enough for Al Capone to win.

• Like 3

sure she does, the name of the other candidate is Donald Rumpelstiltzchen Trump. Good enough for Al Capone to win.

Exactly.

At least she isn't a loudmouth a@@ pandering to the lowest common denominator, a racist etc etc. Trump is an embarassment and does not speak for MY America

She's not? Apparently you haven't heard her changing to a southern accent while speaking to southerners or "talking black" when addressing African Americans or changing her stand depending on who the audience is. That is the definition of pandering.
  • Like 5

lol, obnoxiousness is all around us, everywhere.

You ought to know buddy :tu:

She's not? Apparently you haven't heard her changing to a southern accent while speaking to southerners or "talking black" when addressing African Americans or changing her stand depending on who the audience is. That is the definition of pandering.

See that's one of my biggest problems when talking politics with these new age democrats...

It doesn't just go with this election but any topic in general,if you don't completely agree with everything they think you are some kind of "ist" with a heart full of some kind of "ism"...

It's just sad really

• Like 8

Personally for me, this has to best Presidential campaign for a long time far better than the last two drab campaigns.For me,Trumpster deserves a shot at the title just for giving the traditional GOP the finger.

The Hildebeast shouldn't even be given the key for the Whitehouse Janitors cupboard.

• Like 8

We seem to have one thing in common: we both underestimate humanity's capability of using its brains.

For UMers it’s nothing new. All one has to do is read your posts.

Exactly...our politics have become just like Pro Wrestling....The louder, more garish one is, the higher the poll number.

We are getting exactly what we deserve.

It’s always been like that. But a lot of the blame must go to the media. They are always pitting the candidates against each other. The debate forums are unimaginative. Each debate needs to be different. A standard debate, then a town hall meeting, then something else the next time. What I would like to see are competitive one-on-ones, i.e. have two candidates play a game of chess or go. Or put them in an isolation room where they would have to react to computer simulations. Perhaps a series of tasks or challenges like a decathlon for candidates.

She doesn’t? All you have to do is observe those that she draws to rallies. But she forgets at times who she’s pandering to. That incident with the WV coal miner is devastating. Months ago, she talks about how she is going to put the coal industry out of business, then is confronted by an out of work coal miner trying to show her a picture of his family and she had no answer, she wouldn’t even look at the picture. Yes, b-itch what you said is what you intended.

Really? I never thought of Romney, McCain or Bush as obnoxious and garish. Did you? I find this nomination truly different in that respect.

I always thought Romney was obnoxious. McCain and Bush are very much the opposite. They are not flashy. Trump is garish but not obnoxious.

• Like 3

Hillary has one really big problem, IMHO, and that is she is a very well known commodity and therefore cannot escape her negatives. She earned her negatives, whatever you may think they are, long ago and most people's opinion of her was made long ago as well. Nothing Hillary says will ever change my opinion of her because I have ben dealing with her politics for decades now. The only group she can influence are the millennials, who are just now getting introduced to Hillary but so far they are not liking what they are seeing.

Trump has a whole boatload of negatives as well but he is brand new on the political scene and can sway his undecideds, he can overcome many of his negatives simply by changing his behavior because most of us have no baseline on the guy. He can also do more damage to himself but at least the needle can move for Trump, Hillary can only try to hold onto what she has and hope the myriad scandals she in neck deep in don't further erode her support.

Of course the electoral is on Hillary's side as she most likely gets some really big states like NY and CA automatically no matter how bad the scandals get. Hell, she could be behind bars and win CA so Trump has to win most or all of the purple states just to stay even with her

• Like 4

Trump also has a problem: to be able to reach out at a larger group of voters he has to give the anti-Trump from now on else this party affiliation burning will get worse... and if he gives the anti-Trump he looses credibility among those who carried him until now.

Edit: but given that the 10,000,000 who carried him until now are a minority he does not care much about them anymore.

Edited by questionmark

Trump also has a problem: to be able to reach out at a larger group of voters he has to give the anti-Trump from now on else this party affiliation burning will get worse... and if he gives the anti-Trump he looses credibility among those who carried him until now.

Concur, he can move the needle either way and has a lot of negatives to work off, that is for sure. If Hillary can just hold on to what she has now she'll beat him handily, a CNN poll has her up by 13% over Trump. The Donald has his work cut out for him.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

But she still has to win with votes - so far, Democratic voter turnout is nothing to write home about. Will her followers feel passionate enough to get out the door on voting day? Will former Bernie supporters hate Trump enough to vote for Hillary or will they refuse to vote at all?

After the first four voting contests of 2016, a clear trend is showing up in the numbers: compared with 2008, Democratic turnout is down, while Republicans are hitting record turnout highs.

In South Carolina's Democratic primary, for example, where Hillary Clinton scored a big victory Saturday night, just over 367,000 people turned out to vote--a 30-percent decrease from 2008, the last contested Democratic primary, when 532,000 Democrats voted.

Just a week earlier, when Republicans in South Carolina went to the polls, a whopping 738,000 turned out, over 20 percent more than the 603,000 Republicans who voted in 2012 in the GOP's last contested primary.

Continued..

The picture is similar across the board. In Nevada's caucuses, 84,000 Democrats turned out to vote--a nearly 30-percent drop from 2008, when 118,000 Democrats caucused. In New Hampshire, just over 250,000 Democrats turned out, compared with 288,000 in 2008 (a 13-percent drop). In the Iowa caucuses, turnout fell from about 240,000 to just over 171,000 (a decline of just under 30 percent).

On the Republican side, it's the opposite: turnout in the first four contests has been record-breaking. In New Hampshire, GOP turnout was up about 14 percent over 2012 (284,000 people voted this year, compared to 248,000 in 2012).

In Iowa, more than 186,000 Republicans caucused, a more than 50-percent increase over 2012's 121,000 GOP voters. In Nevada, a record-breaking 75,000 Republicans caucused, compared with just 33,000 in 2012--in fact, more people cast a vote for Donald Trump -- just over 34,000 -- than voted in the entire 2012 caucuses.

http://www.npr.org/2...primary-turnout

http://www.washingto...crats-numbers-/

There is just no enthusiasm in the Democrat camp now that Bernard's number have leveled off.

• Like 1

Fwiw, in the realclearpolitics link I posted earlier I did some rough math in my head of the popular vote totals for both sides and it looks like the dems have pulled in 20M votes and the republicans pulled in 25 million. Approximately.

Personally, I don't think Mr Trump has a snowball's chance in hell of beating Mrs Clinton...But, I didn't think he had any chance of becoming the GOP nominee either!

Who knows, this is the wackiest election cycle I've ever seen (and I'm older than dirt so I've seen quite a few).

• Like 7

See that's one of my biggest problems when talking politics with these new age democrats...

It doesn't just go with this election but any topic in general,if you don't completely agree with everything they think you are some kind of "ist" with a heart full of some kind of "ism"...

It's just sad really

That is the funny thing. No one will ever completely agree with someone on anything, let alone a politician. The best you can hope for is someone who feels mostly the same on issues you consider the most important. Some people just can't understand that their opinion isn't shared by everyone and many feel just as strongly on the opposite side of the spectrum.

• Like 2