Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dead could be brought 'back to life'

seeder

Dead could be brought 'back to life' in groundbreaking project

A groundbreaking trial to see if it is possible to regenerate the brains of dead people, has won approval from health watchdogs.

A biotech company in the US has been granted ethical permission to recruit 20 patients who have been declared clinically dead from a traumatic brain injury, to test whether parts of their central nervous system can be brought back to life.

Scientists will use a combination of therapies, which include injecting the brain with stem cells and a cocktail of peptides, as well as deploying lasers and nerve stimulation techniques which have been shown to bring patients out of comas.

The trial participants will have been certified dead and only kept alive through life support. They will be monitored for several months using brain imaging equipment to look for signs of regeneration, particularly in the upper spinal cord - the lowest region of the brain stem which controls independent breathing and heartbeat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/05/03/dead-could-be-brought-back-to-life-in-groundbreaking-project/

• Like 4

Almost like performing a new kind of necromancy in modern times.

If they get past 5 minutes without respiration they will have a decomposing brain, they might get the body to work again after that but the brain damage will be beyond repair. And they should know that.

• Like 5

If they get past 5 minutes without respiration they will have a decomposing brain, they might get the body to work again after that but the brain damage will be beyond repair. And they should know that.

They believe maybe regenerating stem cells into the brain may help repair the decomposing brain.

There are enough alive people on this planet....we do not need to bring anything back.

How long have these Dr Frankenstein experiments been going on behind closed doors before they said " maybe we should go public, cos we need some more bodies and without Burke and Hare, we are running out of people who will be missed. "

• Like 2

Only in 'Game Of Thrones' will this ever happen.

I knew someone had to bring up game of thrones!

I'd want them bring back my grandmother

Great, theyre going to create zombies.

But considering some of the teenagers I have to work with at times, zombies may already be here.

Insurance companies are going to love this. If any of the treatments work to revive a declared dead person, I guess the life insurance money will need to be returned if it's even paid at all under the stated conditions .to be considered a guinea pig for these experiments.

would they want to come back, you finish your tour of duty here and some well meaning do-gooder comes along and makes you do overtime

Maybe they should focus on ways to regenerate the brains of clinically alive patients first.

The new science is patently ignored for the living. For them, it's symptom -> drug, symptom -> drug, symptom -> drug. Depressed? Drug. "PTSD?" Drug. Got anxiety? Drug. Can't sleep? Drug. Oh you got bipolar now? Drug. You've got "high blood pressure"! Drug. Cholesterol! Drug.

Don't let the pharmaceutical industry merge and acquire the resurrection industry or it will fall into the realm of mass murder and absolute BS, just like it is for those of us among the living.

• Like 1

Maybe they should focus on ways to regenerate the brains of clinically alive patients first.

The new science is patently ignored for the living. For them, it's symptom -> drug, symptom -> drug, symptom -> drug. Depressed? Drug. "PTSD?" Drug. Got anxiety? Drug. Can't sleep? Drug. Oh you got bipolar now? Drug. You've got "high blood pressure"! Drug. Cholesterol! Drug.

Don't let the pharmaceutical industry merge and acquire the resurrection industry or it will fall into the realm of mass murder and absolute BS, just like it is for those of us among the living.

I don't know about some drugs, but 2 I take for high blood pressure (Lisinopril and HCTZ) have reduced my blood pressure to below "high"

No side effects at all for me.

And my cholesterol med, Pravastatin, is also working very well (again, for me)

But on the "brain resurrection" issue, this is a hard call.

So much can go wrong, leaving me a "vegetable" when revived.

I don't know, I have mixed feelings about this.

I might speculate that someone who is brain dead is neither cognizant nor even desirous of being revived to a corporeal state. What remains then is the issue of appeasing the family and appeasing fringe science.