Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump versus Hillary Clinton:

Likely Guy

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

My bad, I was under the impression we were going to get more people to replace the American refugees fleeing and the 11 or so million illegal immigrants that we were going to kick out during a Trump presidency.  

So no answer huh?  I know Obama and the DNC wants millions of new, impoverished, democrat voters but was wondering how that benefits you and your bud questionmark?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

So no answer huh?  I know Obama and the DNC wants millions of new, impoverished, democrat voters but was wondering how that benefits you and your bud questionmark?

Well locally speaking, Iowa being a rural state is suffering from an aging and declining population.  Without the Hispanic immigration for the agricultural jobs, Iowa would have a negative population growth.  

I can't speak for Q, but I wouldn't mind a younger generation around (of any sort) to take care of things when my generation is retired.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Well locally speaking, Iowa being a rural state is suffering from an aging and declining population.  Without the Hispanic immigration for the agricultural jobs, Iowa would have a negative population growth.  

I can't speak for Q, but I wouldn't mind a younger generation around (of any sort) to take care of things when my generation is retired.

Thanks for your answer!  I understand why you want more immigration now but that is not the case for the country as a whole  http://www.census.gov/popclock/

Why doesn't your Governor request more immigrants?

Just now, Merc14 said:

Thanks for your answer!  I understand why you want more immigration now but that is not the case for the country as a whole  http://www.census.gov/popclock/

Why doesn't your Governor request more immigrants?

It's a bit more than just immigrants.  Our younger Iowans move to neighboring states like Illinois and Minnesota because the wages are higher, more urban night life and well... If that fails the unemployment and welfare is better.  So most efforts are towards getting the younger generation to stay/move in.  

We've taken in Bosnians, Somalis, and Thai dam from the various wars.  We've also taken in low-income housing people from Illinois with mixed results.

But immigration is the solution of last resort to most of our politicians.  The fact that they just sort of snuck in, put a bandage on a political situation that they really don't look forward to addressing.  (One democrat candidate ran on the 15$ minimum wage platform to try and bribe the youth to come back as opposed to the normal living wage argument.)

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It's a bit more than just immigrants.  Our younger Iowans move to neighboring states like Illinois and Minnesota because the wages are higher, more urban night life and well... If that fails the unemployment and welfare is better.  So most efforts are towards getting the younger generation to stay/move in.  

We've taken in Bosnians, Somalis, and Thai dam from the various wars.  We've also taken in low-income housing people from Illinois with mixed results.

But immigration is the solution of last resort to most of our politicians.  The fact that they just sort of snuck in, put a bandage on a political situation that they really don't look forward to addressing.  (One democrat candidate ran on the 15$ minimum wage platform to try and bribe the youth to come back as opposed to the normal living wage argument.)

Aren't the republicans just starting to take control over state government in Iowa?   As reprehensible as the GOP has become at the federal level, they do very well at the state level so maybe give them some time.

7 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Aren't the republicans just starting to take control over state government in Iowa?   As reprehensible as the GOP has become at the federal level, they do very well at the state level so maybe give them some time.

Lol no.  Governor Branstad has been governor off and on for over 30 years.  He is establishment Republican.  Our state doesn't believe in term limits.  

There is also the ideological schism between the establishment , the tea party, and the libertarian republicans.  Current sentiment is against immigration on the Republican side.  Declining population as an issue has fallen off the radar lately as well.  It's been issues like budgeting and tuition rates for the big public colleges that has taken the spot light recently.

23 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Lol no.  Governor Branstad has been governor off and on for over 30 years.  He is establishment Republican.  Our state doesn't believe in term limits.  

There is also the ideological schism between the establishment , the tea party, and the libertarian republicans.  Current sentiment is against immigration on the Republican side.  Declining population as an issue has fallen off the radar lately as well.  It's been issues like budgeting and tuition rates for the big public colleges that has taken the spot light recently.

Well, after taking a look I have to say I was wrong. 

Two more interesting articles.... 

Open letter on Huffington Post. Hillary represented a child rapist back when...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/angie-cordeiro/open-letter-to-hillary-ro_b_10447112.html

And the Telegraph. Hillary accused of more nepostism and cronyism...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/06/10/this-story-is-why-americans-cannot-trust-crooked-hillary-clinton/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Two more interesting articles.... 

Open letter on Huffington Post. Hillary represented a child rapist back when...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/angie-cordeiro/open-letter-to-hillary-ro_b_10447112.html

And the Telegraph. Hillary accused of more nepostism and cronyism...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/06/10/this-story-is-why-americans-cannot-trust-crooked-hillary-clinton/

There are just so many scandals, crimes and horrible acts committed by this woman that it is numbing.   Sadly, many democrats have the philosophy that if she wasn't convicted of a crime then she isn't guilty but the creature's greatest skill is, in all but a few cases, avoiding the prosecution in the first place.   Long but enlightening read about Clinton's 22 biggest scandals:  http://www.wnd.com/2015/05/here-they-are-hillarys-22-biggest-scandals-ever/

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Merc14 said:

There are just so many scandals, crimes and horrible acts committed by this woman that it is numbing.   Sadly, many democrats have the philosophy that if she wasn't convicted of a crime then she isn't guilty but the creature's greatest skill is, in all but a few cases, avoiding the prosecution in the first place.   Long but enlightening read about Clinton's 22 biggest scandals:  http://www.wnd.com/2015/05/here-they-are-hillarys-22-biggest-scandals-ever/

Damn that list is exhausting. I didn't finish it all. The theft and vandalism of the white house is new to me. How nice.

15 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Damn that list is exhausting. I didn't finish it all. The theft and vandalism of the white house is new to me. How nice.

They were forced to give much if it back as it is property of the federal government.  http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=121856&page=1

It also mentioned very questionable pardons Bill gave to very unsavory characters.  Many believe it was a pay for pardon scheme https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardon_controversy

• Like 1

Without viewing all 24 pages, it is interesting to read the first posts in the afterlight of the recent shooting.

Look at the hill backtrack... ksa (reports say) has funded a large lump/chunk of her campaign...How hard must it have been for her to do a weak call out of ksa. Admitting they fund terror. Thanks Trump for making bama and hill finally admit- they have a problem.

How hard it must be for her to decide between religion and gay/women/rights.

Release the redacted 28 pages, release the kraken.

• Like 1

Republicans have a moral responsibility to hold their nose and vote for Clinton.  The Republican party needs to be taught a lesson, and a Trump president (government by mud slinging, as we see from his devotees above) would be a disaster for the whole world.

Someone (not me) could possibly, if they were inclined, maybe might make a correlation between a smell, a fish, and hillary.
edit- be nice

Edited by Poppi

Trump is the GOP's lesson and the democrats don't deserve any kudos for anything. Meanwhile Hillary is hardly holds a moral high ground in any way whatsoever.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Trump is the GOP's lesson and the democrats don't deserve any kudos for anything. Meanwhile Hillary is hardly holds a moral high ground in any way whatsoever.

That is true.

Wait, you're implying that the 'pubs have learned anything from this debacle?

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

‘Iraq, crooked as hell. How about bringing baskets of money? Millions and millions of dollars and handing it out? I want to know, who were the soldiers who had that job? Because I think they’re living very well right now.’ Donald Trump

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/06/15/the-crime-donald-trump-just-accused-iraq-veterans-of-committing-will-cost-him-the-election-video/

Are there still any people left who think Trump isn't just running to ensure Hillary's eventual victory ?

Br Cornelius

30 minutes ago, Br Cornelius said:

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/06/15/the-crime-donald-trump-just-accused-iraq-veterans-of-committing-will-cost-him-the-election-video/

Are there still any people left who think Trump isn't just running to ensure Hillary's eventual victory ?

Br Cornelius

Hard to believe there are not... the guy is doing all he can to loose.

Guest Br Cornelius
10 minutes ago, questionmark said:

Hard to believe there are not... the guy is doing all he can to loose.

Its certainly working for him:

CLINTON-VS-TRUMP.png

How low can you go Mr Trump ?

For those still believing he is not a spolier, lets make that important point again - its not enough to appeal to your core vote, no-one wins election that way.

Fav_Unfav_table-REV.jpg

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

When you have a candidate where 55% of the eligible voters say they would never vote for him, if he had any sense he would crawl back into his hole.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Br Cornelius said:

Its certainly working for him:

CLINTON-VS-TRUMP.png

How low can you go Mr Trump ?

For those still believing he is not a spolier, lets make that important point again - its not enough to appeal to your core vote, no-one wins election that way.

Fav_Unfav_table-REV.jpg

Br Cornelius

Well, so almost only white men vote for Trump. Well so in the end all stereotypes seem to be true ^^

Edit: A native American friend which I once knew would probably say: The white men comes again to destroy Anahuak.(America)

Edited by hellwyr

1 minute ago, hellwyr said:

Well, so almost only white men vote for Trump. Well so in the end all stereotypes seem to be true ^^

That is what I have been saying for a long time and some people laugh at it: Trump is a collector of old angry white men. And with themes that interest old angry white men you cannot win elections, they happen to be a minority.

• Like 1

Hillary's mess in Libya  http://nationalinterest.org/feature/hillarys-huge-libya-disaster-16600

Excerpt:

Prior to the February 17, 2011, “Day of Rage,” Libya had a national budget surplus of 8.7 percent of GDP in 2010, with oil production at 1.8 million barrels per day, on track to reach its goal of 3 million barrels per day. Currently, oil production has decreased by over 80 percent. Following the revolution, the Libyan economy contracted by an estimated 41.8 percent, with a national deficit of 17.1 percent GDP in 2011.

Before the revolution, Libya was a secure, prospering, secular Islamic country and a critical ally providing intelligence on terrorist activity post–September 11, 2001. Qaddafi was no longer a threat to the United States. Yet Secretary of State Hillary Clinton strongly advocated and succeeded in convincing the administration to support the Libyan rebels with a no-fly zone, intended to prevent a possible humanitarian disaster that turned quickly into all-out war.

Within weeks of the revolution there were two valid cease-fire opportunities, one presented to the Department of Defense and Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS), and a second opportunity presented to U.S. Africa Command for direct military commander negotiations to effect Gaddafi’s abdication, in which I was personally involved. Both opportunities were rejected and shut down by Secretary Clinton. Internal communications that went public last year revealed that on March 18, 2011, a colonel in JCS wrote, “. . . Due to the UNSCR, Libyan forces sped up ops to get to Benghazi, and will soon cease fire. As expected. Our contact will arrange a face-to-face meeting with Saif, or a skype/video-telecon to open communications if time does not permit. It will have to be with a high level USG official for him to agree. If there will be an ultimatum before any ops, the USG must be in communication with the right leaders and hopefully listen for any answer. A peaceful solution is still possible that keeps Saif on our side without any bloodshed in Benghazi.” However, on March 14, 2011 Secretary Clinton had already met with rebel leaders in Paris, including Mahmoud Jibril, number two in the Libyan Muslim Brotherhood, and had committed to support their revolution.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2016 at 4:21 PM, ChaosRose said:

I think most of his supporters already realize that he can't do the things he says he's going to do. They just like that he says he wants to.

They like the things he says he wants to do that he can't do because they're illegal.  So what does that say about most Trump supporters?

38 minutes ago, Yamato said:

They like the things he says he wants to do that he can't do because they're illegal.  So what does that say about most Trump supporters?

Not much respect for the Constitution among them.

• Like 1