Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germany: There is NO place for Islam

seeder

'There is NO place for Islam in our politics' Shock poll highlights Germany's discontent

MORE than half of Germans surveyed in a shock poll say there is “no place for Islam” in their nation’s political system.

The results hint at a dramatic changing attitude of the nation's population towards the religion over the past year, which has seen the arrival of more than one million migrants.

In January, 37 per cent of people said Islam did have a place in Germany, but this has dropped to just 22 per cent, according to figures released by tabloid Bild.

Meanwhile 60 per cent of voters said "there is no place for Islam" in German politics.

Attitudes toward the religion appear to reflect fear of so-called Islamisation - with 46 per cent of Germans saying they were concerned their country would be taken over by proponents of political Islam.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/667391/Germany-Islam-migrant-crisis-politics-burka-Angela-Merkel

• Like 4

Maybe they should be fair and ban all religions. Start another reformation maybe? All or nothing.

• Like 7

People often forget about history.

Vlad Tepes impaled Turks to keep Islam outta of Europa.

John III Sobieski headed a winged lancer charge against Islam under the smile of the Black Madonna.

The crusader ate Muslims in the Holy Land.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_Impaler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vienna

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Ma'arra

• Like 7

remember its the PEOPLE saying this

Meanwhile 60 per cent of voters said "there is no place for Islam" in German politics.

Maybe a lot of 'other' European countries feel the same way too...

• Like 3

People often forget about history.

Vlad Tepes impaled Turks to keep Islam outta of Europa.

John III Sobieski headed a winged lancer charge against Islam under the smile of the Black Madonna.

The crusader ate Muslims in the Holy Land.

https://en.wikipedia...lad_the_Impaler

https://en.wikipedia...attle_of_Vienna

https://en.wikipedia..._of_Ma'arra

Ultimately a list of successive failures, nonetheless.

• Like 2

Ultimately a list of successive failures, nonetheless.

Probably right about that, those Muslims must not have been mighty tasty.

After all I can't think of one Islam-a-Q or roasted Muslim recipe off the toppa my head.

• Like 2

remember its the PEOPLE saying this

Maybe a lot of 'other' European countries feel the same way too...

You quoted "Meanwhile 60 per cent of voters said "there is no place for Islam" in German politics." Is there a place for Sikhism, Buddhism, Scientology in politics?

I'm not arguing against you Seeder, just against the 60% in the poll.

• Like 1

Probably right about that, those Muslims must not have been mighty tasty.

After all I can't think of one Islam-a-Q or roasted Muslim recipe off the toppa my head.

Shiek-kabob?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

They are only saying keep it out of politics. And I would have to agree. Keep all religions out of politics.

Yes, by all means yes.

My point was that to take the position that "one" particular religion should be excluded in politics was to imply any other religion should be allowed.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

You quoted "Meanwhile 60 per cent of voters said "there is no place for Islam" in German politics." Is there a place for Sikhism, Buddhism, Scientology in politics?

What is it about their stance against a group and it's beliefs that have proven to be brutal and destructive that you cannot agree with? If the above mentioned groups have caused no chaos in Germany then why should they also, be banned?
  • Like 2

Polls like this are just another example of the rampant Islamophobia that is the current 'fad'.

There is no place for any religion in politics, be that religion Islam or any other.

I would agree that the image Islam has would benefit from a "Reformation", where the theology is separated from the politics and so temporal authority is stripped from the religious hierarchy, however the current public hysteria regarding Islam - and in particular, those Muslims immigrating to secular nations from Islamic theocracies, bringing with them a more fundamental brand of Islam - reflects that the majority are not so cool-headed about the issues facing Europe and other regions, but are seeking, wrongly, to encourage their governments into active suppression/repression of Islam.

This would, imo, be a tragic mistake, but unfortunately, as evidenced by polls such as that in the OP article, a mistake that may be likely to occur.

• Like 4

Politics is the tool to manage a country, its population and their rights and responsibilities and the governments rights and

responsibilities as well, and its relationships to other countries. Any religious influence and/or religious orientation would/do

dilute the general aims which are well defined by the German constitution.

So, yes, there is no place for Islam in German politics if such place is meant as to be a platform to bring islamic conceptions

and targets into our by constitution established kind of politics.

The freedom of religion is guaranteed in Germany and defended by governmental forces in case of restriction by whoever

group/individual and the needs and requirements of accredited religious groups are well respected and supported. But the

freedom of religion isnt a right, and/or an option, to be used to bring a parallel and believe driven agenda into our politics

and decision making boards.

• Like 3

It's probably a result of the way the question was posed to the polled peopled... Did it say "Is there a place for religion in German Politics?" and the people responded "Not for Islam"... Or did it say "Is there a place for Islam (in particular) in German Politics?"

Leaving the respondents no recourse but to exclude the other religions from the results...

I really distrust polls - a clever pollster can make the results be what ever they want...

That being said - currently the only major religion that comes to my mind when thinking about the possibility of a theocratic government, is Islam ...

• Like 5

That being said - currently the only major religion that comes to my mind when thinking about the possibility of a theocratic government, is Islam ...

I will humbly point you in the direction of the Vatican State.

• Like 5

I will humbly point you in the direction of the Vatican State.

I keep forgetting about them, because - largely - they aren't much of a factor anymore (politically anyway)...

MORE than half of Germans surveyed in a shock poll say there is “no place for Islam” in their nation’s political system.

What tendentious, inciting BS. Europes political construct is inherently secular, and as such should not be populated by religious parties. A similar result will be gleaned regarding any other variant, including Christian / Catholic / Protestant.

In January, 37 per cent of people said Islam did have a place in Germany, but this has dropped to just 22 per cent, according to figures released by tabloid Bild.

Who held the poll (Bild, amongst its readers?), what specific questions were posed, and what number of people were surveyed, what was the geographical and sociological spread etc etc? Polls can be so very misrepresenting. The information relayed by Bild has very little informational value for all Im concerned.

Here are some statements concerning a similar survey taken by TNS Emnid Jan. 8;

"For Muslims, Germany has become home. But they are confronted with a negative image apparently shaped by a minority of radical Islamists," Bertelsmann Foundation Islam expert Yasemin El-Menouar wrote in the study's findings, which also looked at Muslim immigrants' views of Germany.

The authors said that anti-Islam stances could be found regardless of class or education level, but that younger people and those with personal contacts with Muslims showed less prejudice.

The poll was by the TNS Emnid independent opinion research institute among 937 non-Muslim Germans.

[Source]

• Like 3

I keep forgetting about them, because - largely - they aren't much of a factor anymore (politically anyway)...

And with all due respect, if you don't think Catholicism (and it's variants and derivations) influences many politicians and political policies around the world, then you haven't been paying attention to topics of debate such as abortion.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

After reading the responses here, it is still clear that after all that has happened, there are still many people that do not understand what Islam is and what it is capable of and what it is currently doing. There are still too many committing suicide on the alter of Political Correctness. People can be aware and not Islamophobic. And that is what it will take to confront and solve this problem without violence. But if it takes too long to wakeup, the Rhone and Loire will tremble.

• Like 4

After reading the responses here, it is still clear that after all that has happened, there are still many people that do not understand what Islam is and what it is capable of and what it is currently doing. There are still too many committing suicide on the alter of Political Correctness. People can be aware and not Islamophobic. And that is what it will take to confront and solve this problem without violence. But if it takes too long to wakeup, the Rhone and Loire will tremble.

Seeing Islam an sich as an inherent threat to the West, even as inherently evil - in contradiction to identifying an extreme, criminal element within its congregation (being the absolute margin) - painting the whole group with thesame brush; is the very definition of Islamophobia.

• Like 3

And with all due respect, if you don't think Catholicism (and it's variants and derivations) influences many politicians and political policies around the world, then you haven't been paying attention to topics of debate such as abortion.

Influence? Sure... There is not a single sub grouping of people or philosophies in the world that don't (at least try to) influence society - and generally that is a good thing... However, "influencing" while working within societies

basic framework is not the same as totally replacing societal structure, morals and laws, with those of an "alien" (to that societies history) culture or belief system... Vatican City - to the best of my knowledge - is not

actively attempting to overthrow the cultural structure of Western Civilization and replace it with laws and cultural baggage of a relatively less enlightened - more repressive - set of laws... Such as Sharia Law is perceived to be

by the people who are being targeted with it...

Influence? Sure... There is not a single sub grouping of people or philosophies in the world that don't (at least try to) influence society - and generally that is a good thing... However, "influencing" while working within societies

basic framework is not the same as totally replacing societal structure, morals and laws, with those of an "alien" (to that societies history) culture or belief system... Vatican City - to the best of my knowledge - is not

actively attempting to overthrow the cultural structure of Western Civilization and replace it with laws and cultural baggage of a relatively less enlightened - more repressive - set of laws... Such as Sharia Law is perceived to be

by the people who are being targeted with it...

Yes, but to the contrary of most of those the Catholics have a semi-secret order called Opus Dei consisting mostly of layman that actually... without making evident that they are, influence policy as dictated by the Holy Roman Catholic Church. If you think they have no influence you should start researching a little.

• Like 1

Radical Islam European Tactic:

- Radicalize sufficient numbers.

- Start mass migration into Europe.

- Assimilate into local society, with secret intent.

- Engage in local politics, become elected.

- Fortify this secret political position.

- Start changing laws to fit Sharia law.

- Done.

Radical Islam European Tactic:

- Radicalize sufficient numbers.

- Start mass migration into Europe.

- Assimilate into local society, with secret intent.

- Engage in local politics, become elected.

- Fortify this secret political position.

- Start changing laws to fit Sharia law.

- Done.

You forgot a little detail: let some misguided American politicians start a nice big civil war in Islamic countries so they mass migrate to Europe. Because it did not occur to them having to leave their homes... a little bombing helped in the decision process.

• Like 3

I agree with what many have already said in this thread: Religion must be kept out of politics.

Everybody is allowed to believe whatever he/she likes to believe but it should stay private.

But it doesn't work in reality.

Religious leaders always preach to their followers how they should behave in life and complain angrily about existing laws that allow things that they reject. Certain political parties include those arguments into their policy to catch those voters and as a result we have religious influence in politics and law making again.

Nevertheless it a unnecessary risk to allow so many migrants from muslim countries especially in times when the muslim world is in continuous turmoil and religious fanatism the main cause of violence and extremism. Each incident and terror plot increases the risk to unbalance the society.

Extremist parties take advantage from it and sooner or later freedom and democracy is put in jeopardy.