Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Slender Man is to be turned in to a movie

UM-Bot

Having started out as little more than an Internet meme, Slender Man is now set to star in his own film.

Described as a tall, thin, suit-wearing man with abnormal proportions and little in the way of a face, Slender Man is surely the best known supernatural character to have arisen entirely online.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/294320/slender-man-is-to-be-turned-in-to-a-movie

• Like 2

Sounds fun. I'm in.

• Like 1

He's the most scary non-scary fictionalised BS out there. Yeah, I can see this being a quick buck.

• Like 1

Oh great; more fuel for the febrile.

"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise..."

Im interested to see what they do with this character, and i love horror films

• Like 2

I'd be very interested in seeing a movie entitled: "Slenderman and Freddy Kruger and Alien versus Jason and Predator and Michael Myers." That would be cool.

• Like 4

His nemesis should be named "Fatman." Think of the merchandizing! Fatman, the Fatmobile, Fatplane, Fatarang and so forth!

I would watch it, I like some of the horror fiction.

I just hope they start the film with :

" for entertainment purposes only, and this is certainly not a documentary"

• Like 1

I swear I just watched a b movie on demand about the slender man about 2 months ago.

• Like 2

Doctor Who has a similar group of characters, "The Silence".

I swear I just watched a b movie on demand about the slender man about 2 months ago.

Was it this one?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1658837/

The Tall Man...I've not seen it, but understood it was a knock off type thing.

Anyhow, on a Slenderman movie...I dunno. I kinda like it as an internet meme/legend/myth. It retains some of it's creepiness that way.

Interesting how Hollywood gloms onto the latest and greatest instead of exploring the potentially more interesting antecedent character. For example, Jimmie Dale the Gray Seal, whose persona Larry the Bat, is likely the character to whom we now refer to as Batman. These bizarre criminal personas as near comic book characters may have emerged, in part, from a quirky, little known, turn of the century writer, Frank L. Packard. And, that would be a movie I would like to see.

Was it this one?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1658837/

The Tall Man...I've not seen it, but understood it was a knock off type thing.

Anyhow, on a Slenderman movie...I dunno. I kinda like it as an internet meme/legend/myth. It retains some of it's creepiness that way.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3317158/

This one! :)

• Like 1

I gotta say, I actually like the idea. Even if Slenderman is just an internet meme, you gotta admit his overall design and concept is pretty creepy. I think a movie with him, if done right, would be really good.

A movie for elementary and high school kids.

• Like 1

Looking forward to the inevitable posts from gullible teens after they've just seen it either asking if it's really a true story and can anyone provide background information on what "really" happened, or posting to say about how it's based on an actual real thing that happened.

Ooh, I already knew that but it's still completely thrilling to read over and over again. I love horror movies. Freddy Kruger, Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers, the choices go on. I also love Creepypasta like Jeff the Killer, the Boogeyman, Slenderman, etc. I am sure to watch this movie when it comes out! I have watched The Krampus: Christmas Devil, all of it. There's no doubt about it that I'm watching it when it comes out. I've loved this slender, faceless man for years, and I'm not going to miss his big moment.

i feel like theyre several years too late, slenderman has long stopped being scary. maybe

i feel like theyre several years too late, slenderman has long stopped being scary. maybe

Was it ever?

I'll probably watch it, since most of the other horror movies coming out are... eh. Final Destination 6, Saw 8, more Freddy, more Jason, and more Chucky. 'Cause, y'know, movies are turning into more remakes and pointless sequels than anything else right now.

• 4 weeks later...