Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Khan to Trump: stuff your exception!

questionmark

Wouldn't surprise me in a city the size of London. Any break down on where they were born? Canada, Pakistan, Poland?

A breakdown from the 2011 Census:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_London#2011_Census

Those figures will likely have changed since 2011 though, with further countries being granted free movement in 2014 (Bulgaria and Romania) and the migrant crisis currently engulfing Europe.

As far as I understand the voting rules, more or less anyone living in London from Britain, the EU and Commonwealth countries are eligible to vote.

• Like 1

No my dear, Mr Trump said "ban all Muslims".. https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCtiJOwzmN0

Unless he flipped again..

Trump called for a blanket ban on any Muslim being permitted into America.

You can hear him say it here.

I guess there are some minds that cannot grasp common sense and therefore have problems understanding Trump. I think the two of you need to listen to those clips again. You also need to insure that you’ve listened to all the clips on the subject. His comments are not implying that all Muslims be barred from entering the country. His focus has always been those refugees that really have no business here. He was not talking about Americans of Muslim descent that leaves the country on vacation or business and then return. Nor dignitaries like King Abdullah or even Mayor Khan. It’s the same stupidity thinking that Americans of Hispanic descent will be deported. Just complete and total stupidity. I’m just offering friendly advice so you don’t have to take it. I’d rather you continue your show of ignorance so that we all can enjoy your embarrassment later on.

• Like 4

I read about Mr Khan the other day. The sad thing is that people fear he will "Act Muslim", whatever that means, but in reality he'll probably be more British then the English in an attempt to prove how British he is.

Myself, I was surprised by his election, but after reading up on him, I think he'll probably do fine.

I am extremely confident that none of our secular nations will suddenly become Islamic theocracies, so I ask again - what is there to be paranoid about?

It is not the suddenly that is feared. It is the slowly that is feared.

http://time.com/3670892/muslims-europe-map/

• Like 3

Trump called for a blanket ban on any Muslim being permitted into America.

You can hear him say it here.

The context was that he wanted a ban till the government could get a good handle on how to figure out who is a terrorist and who isn't. I don't imagine that would have taken extremely long, after all we already have a very comprehensive set of tests to allow anyone to come here as a refugee.

What would be more scandalous is if a actual Muslim citizen database came about.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

The context was that he wanted a ban till the government could get a good handle on how to figure out who is a terrorist and who isn't. I don't imagine that would have taken extremely long, after all we already have a very comprehensive set of tests to allow anyone to come here as a refugee.

What would be more scandalous is if a actual Muslim citizen database came about.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

Meek there was also that special Id for muslims he wanted.

But quick question, how would they be able to tell if someone is a Muslim or not?

• Like 1

wouldn't it be nice to hear a prominent muslim

PLENTY of prominent Muslims have spoken out against extremism and ISIS. Just do a bit of reading.

they understand why non muslims are so paranoid about the Islamic agenda

I know a lot of non-Muslims, and not a single one is "paranoid about the Islamic agenda". Don't tarnish others with your little Englander brush.

• Like 2

Meek there was also that special Id for muslims he wanted.

But quick question, how would they be able to tell if someone is a Muslim or not?

I suppose it would be self reported. The Census from 2012 would show who already reported themselves as a Muslim, so that would be a start. I'm sure the NSA probably could set up a email filter that would tag people that are a high degree probability of being Muslim. :innocent:

PLENTY of prominent Muslims have spoken out against extremism and ISIS. Just do a bit of reading.

that's not the point I was making though, was it --- maybe you could make an effort to read and understand my post ---

I know a lot of non-Muslims, and not a single one is "paranoid about the Islamic agenda". Don't tarnish others with your little Englander brush.

I dunno --Maybe you move in naive politically correct circles -- ?? --- and wonder what all the fuss is about --- ^_^

• Like 2

Islam does not represent an existential threat to our comfortable civilisation, so what is there to be paranoid about?

Let us imagine, in some hypothetical scenario, that all the Islamic nations of the world suddenly decided to engage in "jihad" against the rest of the world. What would happen?

Yes, there would be terrible fighting and suffering, and in the end the Islamic nations would be crushed.

Now, let us imagine another hypothetical scenario in which the Islamic nations enter into some dark conspiracy to quietly spread their evil influence via infiltrating Islam into "western" nations (and, yes, I am employing sarcasm here). In what version of reality do you see the majority of the population of those "western" nations converting to Islam, and so abandon the secular government they live under?

It just wouldn't happen.

I am extremely confident that none of our secular nations will suddenly become Islamic theocracies, so I ask again - what is there to be paranoid about?

Looks like you are wondering what all the fuss is about as well.... :)

Your confidence is admirable and I hope you're right and not just in denial --

.edit --- I see RavenHawk also replied to your post on page 2 and I thought it was a good reply --

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

Paranoia, my dear, is not a natural state but a mental illness, so I doubt that a normal person would ever "understand" it.

questionmark my dear - I was using the word 'paranoid' in the slang sense - generally meaning distrust and suspicion -- but you knew that didn't you...

• Like 2

questionmark my dear - I was using the word 'paranoid' in the slang sense - generally meaning distrust and suspicion -- but you knew that didn't you...

And despite knowing that I felt compulsed to that answer.

And despite knowing that I felt compulsed to that answer.

well I suppose you must have been trying to score a point --- ;) ---

• Like 1

Muslims have been “speaking out”, however, it has been disingenuous and weak. As if they are only paying lip service and that this response of theirs is preprogrammed. Now in all honesty, it could be that they are truly caught off-guard and many of them may not even know the full history of their own faith. Although, I find that difficult to fathom. What is needed from Muslims right now is honesty and we just don’t see that. Their actions don’t give the observer much confidence. What is needed is some acknowledgement that groups like ISIS are not radical but following core beliefs. Then moderates can present clear differentiation between the two groups once and for all. Instead of denying their history. That will never solve anything. It will only enable the status quo and that will only cause a festering and that will only lead to open warfare.

As it will turn out, those that warn about this are the ones seeking to avoid conflict and those that blow this off are those that are egging on conflict.

If the brush fits… If you don’t see it now, just give it a few years. You think the Channel will protect you? And it’s not paranoia; it’s being aware and concerned. I know none of this will change your mind, but when it happens, we’ll all be able to return to such posts like this and lament, why didn’t somebody do anything?

• Like 3

I guess there are some minds that cannot grasp common sense and therefore have problems understanding Trump. I think the two of you need to listen to those clips again. You also need to insure that you've listened to all the clips on the subject. His comments are not implying that all Muslims be barred from entering the country. His focus has always been those refugees that really have no business here. He was not talking about Americans of Muslim descent that leaves the country on vacation or business and then return. Nor dignitaries like King Abdullah or even Mayor Khan. It's the same stupidity thinking that Americans of Hispanic descent will be deported. Just complete and total stupidity. I'm just offering friendly advice so you don't have to take it. I'd rather you continue your show of ignorance so that we all can enjoy your embarrassment later on.

You're right, he didn't imply such a thing - he outright stated it. And if you didn't hear the words he said, then maybe your ears need cleaning out.

As for the rest of your post, it consists of strawman arguments and insults, so isn't worth responding to.

• Like 1

Looks like you are wondering what all the fuss is about as well.... :)

Your confidence is admirable and I hope you're right and not just in denial --

.edit --- I see RavenHawk also replied to your post on page 2 and I thought it was a good reply --

Really?

"Western" culture has invaded Islamic societies to a far greater degree than Islamic (or Arabic, to be more correct) culture has invaded "western" societies, and going by that - if you consider this a "war" - then "the west" is winning it.

So, I ask again, what is there to be paranoid about?

Edited by Leonardo

Really?

yes really --

"Western" culture has invaded Islamic societies to a far greater degree than Islamic (or Arabic, to be more correct) culture has invaded "western" societies, and going by that - if you consider this a "war" - then "the west" is winning it.

So, I ask again, what is there to be paranoid about?

in a nutshell --- that many millions of followers of the Islamic religion are colonizing rather than integrating (in European countries) -

which will eventually lead to civil wars of some kind - (or capitulation) which could lead to partition and the creation of Islamic states within the host nations - (as a first step)

UNLESS there is a widespread watering down of the political / religious indoctrination -- but this is strongly resisted by adherents so who knows what could happen as the numbers increase --

the main strategy of the West towards the problem appears to be appeasement - and that's not going to work in the long run...IMO...

• Like 2

You're right, he didn't imply such a thing - he outright stated it. And if you didn't hear the words he said, then maybe your ears need cleaning out.

You’re right. He said the words but that’s not what he said. I think you need to clean out your ears. This is one of those “I don’t beat my wife” type of things. You know, once you’ve recorded it, someone can always remove “don’t” anytime. What is clear is your hatred of Trump and your wet-dream wishing that he said something he didn’t. As I said before, you have to listen to everything he says on a subject. Try to understand where he is coming from. You do that then maybe you won’t have to be removing your foot from your mouth so often.

As for the rest of your post, it consists of strawman arguments and insults, so isn't worth responding to.

Since you are apparently unable to be more specific, I’ll guess that the rest of my argument is not a straw-man.

http://www.cnn.com/2...an-immigration/

I never said he called for a permanent ban, just a ban on all Muslims traveling to the US. That is still a "blanket ban".

You're right. He said the words but that's not what he said. I think you need to clean out your ears. This is one of those "I don't beat my wife" type of things. You know, once you've recorded it, someone can always remove "don't" anytime. What is clear is your hatred of Trump and your wet-dream wishing that he said something he didn't. As I said before, you have to listen to everything he says on a subject. Try to understand where he is coming from. You do that then maybe you won't have to be removing your foot from your mouth so often.

Since you are apparently unable to be more specific, I'll guess that the rest of my argument is not a straw-man.

You are a clown.

• Like 3

I've just had another look at the article in the OP - and listened again to what Trump said -

From what I've seen of Khan he seems an ok guy and going to the Holocaust Memorial on his first official engagement as Mayor was a nice touch ---

but I think where Trump is concerned Khan has missed an opportunity to start as he means to go on --- and not use his religion in conjunction with his position as mayor of London --

What people are concerned about when it comes to having a muslim as mayor is that he will be a muslim first and a politician second -

I'm afraid he showed that that is how he might be going to operate when it comes to High Office in the way he is dealing with the Trump thing -

Trump said repeatedly that this speculated proposed ban would be a temporary measure until the political leaders had figured out what's going on---

It would, of course be as good as impossible to put a ban like this into operation but it did inject a lot of passion into a touchy subject -

If Khan had said something along the lines of ---- ---- 'I will be happy to meet with Trump if he becomes president and we can figure out together what's going on and how we can overcome the difficulties we all face'--- that would have been very encouraging and shown he was a politician first and took High Office very seriously --- but instead he spoke in a defensive way playing the victim card ---

from the op link ---

“If Donald Trump becomes the president I’ll be stopped from going there by virtue of my faith, which means I can’t engage with American mayors and swap ideas,” he said. He said he planned to visit the United States before January in case Trump wins the presidential race.

He knows he wouldn't be stopped..

Now --- we don't know if Trump will be President or not --- but imagine the situation where there is open hostility between a President of the United States and the Mayor of London (hostility from the mayor).... maybe protests and petitions etc --- because of religion -

this would not be a good situation --

Khan could have calmed it all down - but he didn't -- he added fuel to the fire and that's a shame - his default position and instinct was to defend his religion rather than look at and try to understand why many non muslims have mistrust and suspicion about '''what's going on'''.... this is what I was getting at in the first post I made in this thread --

• Like 3

You are a clown.

You’ve got nothing better? Simple ignorance can be corrected by education but in your case, there is no hope for stupidity.

• Like 2

Khan could have calmed it all down - but he didn't --

Why should Khan have done the very British thing to put his head down and wag his tail at the American overlord?

I see it just like he does, Trump did not retract anything, he did not excuse himself for his verbal derailment he put on his magnanimity face and said: that does not go for you...but the rest are not welcome because they have a religion I don't like.

Why should Khan have done the very British thing to put his head down and wag his tail at the American overlord?

I see it just like he does, Trump did not retract anything, he did not excuse himself for his verbal derailment he put on his magnanimity face and said: that does not go for you...but the rest are not welcome because they have a religion I don't like.

You are saying all that like there isn't an ongoing threat of Islamic terrorism 24/7 --- and the intelligence services don't have a full time job stopping it -- and there isn't all the Islamic State stuff going on and the toing and frowing to Syria etc ---

I say again -

Khan missed a golden opportunity to show he is more than worthy of the High Office that has been bestowed upon him -

• Like 1

You are saying all that like there isn't an ongoing threat of Islamic terrorism 24/7 --- and the intelligence services don't have a full time job stopping it -- and there isn't all the Islamic State stuff going on and the toing and frowing to Syria etc ---

I say again -

Khan missed a golden opportunity to show he is more than worthy of the High Office that has been bestowed upon him -

I am saying that Islamophobic rantings and discrimination is not going to lead anywhere. And too bad you voted for him because he does not seem the archetypal British Poodle politician you so much want. Maybe you should have voted for Blair.

• Like 1